Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonfire: Dragonriders of Pern Rp

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Ierne Weyr
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 pm
"Thanks," F'lin said, immensely relieved that Kes seemed to not be mad at him for earlier. "I'm glad you understand."

His voice went up at the end, so that, even though it was a statement, it sounded like a question.

I will speak with her, Kes. I am always glad to see both of you.

Garinth glanced at Kes politely before he met the golden dragon. Hello, Wreth. He is...less embarrassed, but I made him come anyway. Garinth's eyes whirled faster as he contemplated the second half of Wreth's statement. I would like very much to help. It is not healthy for them to keep their feelings bottled up like this. What did you have in mind?

--------------------

Tyreena smiled impishly, suppressing a girlish giggle. "I agree," she said. "Let's hope they have good intentions. They could cause so much havoc."

Purith, what are your plotting there with Wreth?

Nothing bad, 'Reena. But it will be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. She glanced at Wreth. I'll leave you to your plotting, Wreth. I'm off to sun.

Eyes whirling a peaceful green a shade darker than her hide, the green dragon leaped into the air, her powerful wings carrying her to a high ledge that was covered in bright sunshine. She arranged herself neatly on the ledge, wings folded to her back, and let the sun wash over her. Tyreena smiled as she watched her dragon.

"Looks like she's decided her sunning has been delayed long enough," she commented to her two companions.

-------------------

Lina smiled. Thank you, Cadeth. I like speaking with you as well.

"I'm glad," she said to M'gor, pleased because he wasn't being unreasonably possessive and because Cadeth's voice was so like his rider's, as she'd always heard every dragon's voice was. "He's looking for Mith."

I am here, Cadeth. Lina knew immediately that Mith had glided down from her weyr to land just outside the entrance to the dining hall. So, we are sunning, aren't we? Good. I like the feel of the sun.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:16 am
Kes shrugged. "It's no problem. I can understand having a busy schedule and everything. At least you're visiting with me now." She smiled brightly at him. She turned to Tyreena then. "I hope you're right. They wouldn't do anything to bad though, it would upset Garinth."

Wreth crooned her encouragement to her rider. Now you are being smart, my own. I wondered when you'd come to your senses and just admit to yourself you like the brownrider. It's good to see you flirting.

Kes turned scarlet. "Ah ha. Wreth, that's not nice. In fact, it's embarassing." So embarassing, in fact, that she didn't realize she'd spoken out loud.

Wreth warbled amusedely and returned to her conversations. Thank you for all of your assistance Purith. Enjoy your sunning. She turned back to Garinth. As for you, I believe yours will present the biggest problem here. Mine is flirting at the moment though I have embarassed her. Maybe, if you wouldn't mind, we could lock them alone together somewhere and one of us could sit in front of the door until they talk this thing between them out. What do you think? It is better than dealing with the tension that comes up between them whenever they near each other.
Bari and Karim chirped at her in concern and Tattle nudged the bottom of her chin with his head.

Their worry made her snap out of her dragon-induced embarassment. "Aw guys, I'm alright. Wreth just said something that embarassed me. It's okay."

The trio seemed to settle down after that and went back to listening to the conversation with rapt interest.

-------

Cadeth again warble at her. You are very welcome. The bronze then focused on his weyrmate and crooned gently at the gold. Ah Mith. Yes, I was looking for you so we could sun together. I found a good spot near the lake. Would you like to come with me?

M'gor couldn't help but smile at his dragon. "I know. He's so polite with Mith. It's odd since he's usually more easygoing than this. I guess she's good for him that way."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:48 am
R'lan slipped into the dining hall. He grabbed his food and settled down at an empty table to eat quietly and watch the goings on. He was almost surprised that Ellorth didn't urge him to sit at an occupied table but the bronze had been drowzy after his own meal. He absently noted G'ber in the dining hall, another former Fort Weyr rider. Letting his eyes drift he noted the weyrleaders talking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am
M'gor inclined his head to Lina. "I'll be right back." He excused himself quietly and then went over to the bronzerider he'd noticed just arriving. "Greetings and well met." He extended his hand in greeting. "I thought I'd best introduce myself. I'm M'gor, rider of bronze Cadeth and Weyrleader here at Ierne."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:32 pm
((Sorry it's taken so long. I had finals last week.))

F'lin blinked in surprise as he recognized Kes's words as flirting. Several female riders had tried flirting with him since he Impressed Garinth, but he had never returned their feelings. He struggling for words when Kes spoke out loud to her queen. F'lin wondered what Wreth had said to make her rider's face turn such a lovely shade of red.

Just speak, F'lin. You know the words, now let them out of your stubborn mouth.

F'lin swallowed and decided that Garinth was right. "You should never be embarrassed by what your dragon says, Kes," he said, hoping that he didn't sound as foolish as he thought he did. "They're right most of the time."

Garinth snorted in amusement at his rider's choice of words. I believe that is a perfect solution. I am trying to make F'lin express himself, but it may take too much time. We can always pretend that we are in need of more oil from the store room, and then just lock the door. Perhaps Purith's rider may help.

Silently, the brown dragon extended his last comment to Purith.

----------------

"I suppose you're right," Tyreena said. "Though not much seems to perturb that brown."

Then she saw Kes's face turn color and the other woman spoke aloud to her dragon. Tyreena couldn't be positive about what Wreth had said that had embarassed her rider, but she could guess. After all, she had had enough experience to know when two people liked each other.

You catch on quickly, Reena. But it seems they need some help. Would you be willing to lock a store room door when I ask?

Tyreena had to fight the smile that wanted to creep onto her face.

Of course, dear one. Is that what you were plotting?

If Purith could have smiled, she would have. She gave Tyreena her mental assent as she spoke to Garinth and Wreth. My rider would be happy to help. She can do so discreetly, as well. While she had added the last bit on her own, she knew that Tyreena could do it.

----------------------

Lina smiled at her weyrmate as he went to greet another transfer rider. She had forgotten to tell him that another one had been expected, but he seemed to be taking it in stride.

I would love to. It seems that some young dragons are there as well. A brown, a green, and one of our queens.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm
"R'lan, rider of bronze Ellorth. A pleasure, Weyrleader," R'lan replied politely, clasping the extended hand. "I'd say that I hope my quiet arrival didn't surprise you but I'm unsure how eager Ellorth was to meet and greet everyone." R'lan smiled slightly.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

Silverspun_lining

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 pm
D'ran stepped into the Dining Hall as he was shrugging out of his wherhide flying jacket. Although he and his bronze Voliath had just emerged from between, he wanted to be prompt in greeting the weyrleaders.

You're always so proper, D'ran. I wanted to go to beach just now. I can hear the dolphins calling me.

Come now, D'ran chided his friend. You know that you can't hear the dolphins. We'll go play in the ocean later, Voliath. I need to do this. We were very lucky to be able to stand wingsecond, you know.

It's not such a big deal. Voliath's mental tone was huffy, but he relented a little. I suppose it won't take that long. But hurry.

Alright, alright. D'ran smiled. He knew Voliath wasn't as miffed as he pretended to be.

D'ran scanned the room quickly, lookinh for someone with a Weyrleader's shoulder knots. There. He spotted the Weyrwoman and her Weyrleader quickly. He recalled their names quickly: Lina on golden Mith, and M'gor on bronze Cadeth. He supressed a twinge of disappointment when he saw that M'gor was already engaged in conversation with another bronzerider. He sighed and strode over to the table where the Weyrwoman was sitting by herself, deftly snagging a mug of klah as he took a seat.

"Good day, Weyrwoman," he said, hoping his tone was respectful enough. "My name is D'ran, rider of bronze Voliath. I've just transferred from Southern Weyr."

Now, was that how one introduced ones self to a Weyrwoman? He had always know Southern's Weyrwoman, as well as most of the other riders, so introductions had never been a problem. Well, he could on hope.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 pm
Kes turned back to the brownrider in question and smiled. "I'm not normally embarassed by Wreth, but sometimes the things that come out of her mind really suprise me." She shrugged. "And you were only partially correct. Dragons aren't right most of the time, according to Wreth, they're right all the time. So...yeah." She tilted her head slightly as she began picking up on all the conversations going around the room. Two new bronze dragons had come to the weyr, she could feel the new minds with her abilites and also Wreth was excited about them.

The gold snorted. Of course I'm excited, they're huge and quite handsome. I'm always happy to see new faces in the weyr. The queen quickly extended a greeting to the two bronzes. I know you both must be tired, but I felt that I must introduce myself. I am Wreth, Mine is called Kes. We both welcome you to the weyr.

Kes shook her head. "She's greeting the new bronzes that have arrived."

Wreth then tuned back in to her conversation with Purith and Garinth. That idea is brillant Garinth, and thank you for your help Purith. We'll make them settle this once in for all. After all, they are no match for the wit of three crafty dragons.

-----

M'gor nodded and released the other rider's hand. "I'll admit to being a bit suprised to see you arrive, but I'm glad you've come. I hope you and Ellorth are settling in well, and I'm sure he and Cadeth will get along. He usually does unless Mith is rising."

Cadeth warbled an agreement. I see them, Mith. They are from our first clutch. Garinth, Purith, and Wreth are their names I beleive. There's are talking right now and the brown and goldriders fancy each other. Do we go sun with them?

M'gor then noticed the other bronzerider that had arrived but noticed he was greeting Lina so he stayed where he was. He'd greet the other bronzer when he was finished speaking with this one.

He is D'ran. He comes with bronze Voliath. They are a good pair to have.

M'gor nodded to himself. 'Thanks Cadeth.'  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am
R'lan nodded. "Of course." He absently speared a tuber. R'lan noted the bronzerider talking to the weyrwoman. "I hope I am not keeping you from something." R'lan nodded towards the two.

Ellorth shook himself fully awake at hearing Wreth. I am not very tired. Just drowzy after eating my fill. I am Ellorth, Mine is R'lan. Glad to meet you. Ellorth told Wreth happily.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:12 am
M'gor shrugged. "They're fine, Lina knows what she's doing. It's fine, I can talk with you for a bit. I'll stil need to talk to him too, but that can wait until later."

Wreth crooned happily, glad the bronze was polite. Some of them weren't, after all. That is good then. I look forward to seeing you around the weyr then. You and yours picked a good time to transfer.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:24 am
R'lan smiled slightly. "How is Ierne doing?" As he spoke, a small brown firelizard slipped out of one of his sleeves and snatched a bit of meat from his plate before retreating quickly to R'lan's shoulder.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:49 am
((Sorry, long story. But I'm here now. My first attempt at RPing in a long time.))

Verenna hastily dodged into the messhall, acutely aware that she was very late. Although she was usually behind schedule, even this was beyond her. But the book she had been reading was so good, and Baneth's obsession with sunning didn't help matters. Her green was so silly sometimes.

Hey, I heard that, Baneth protested.

Verenna chuckled. Don't you hear my every thought, love?

The rider searched the tables for a friendly face and an open place to sit. She was starved.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:23 pm
((It's fine, just jump right on back in. A lot has happened. The weyrleaders are in the dining hall with her, so is bluerider T'gal. I think the others in her weyrling class aren't in there right now.))

M'gor smiled slightly at the firslizards then answered the bronzerider. "Ierne is doing fine. We're beginning to set up fighting wings again and we have two beautiful golds that are about ready to rise."

-----------

Wreth warbled at the bronzes greeting. I'm happy to meet you too. It has been a while since a bronze transferred here. The only bronze that has been here are my sire and brothers. Most of my brothers transferred a while ago so we are quite lacking in bronze dragons. Mine says more will come, but it makes me worry.

The gold then greeted her green sister with a warm warble. And hello to you too Baneth. Have you been sunning?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:49 pm
R'lan nodded, setting down his utensil and lacing his fingers together. "Good, I look forward to seeing Ierne turn into a full, healthy weyr!" He stated with a smile. The brown firelizard trilled, catching R'lan's good mood.

Ellorth listened to Wreth. I'm sure things will turn out fine. Other bronze dragons will come and bring theirs. He reassured her.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm
Quote:

The gold then greeted her green sister with a warm warble. And hello to you too Baneth. Have you been sunning?

Hello to you, Wreth! Baneth enthusiatically replied. Yes, it's been too long since I last did. The sun feels wonderful here!

Verenna chuckled as she 'eavesdropped' on her green's conversation. Baneth's obsession with sunning went even beyond Verenna's own love for books and Pernese history. But that would have to wait- the food was going quickly and she hadn't found herself any. The tables looked pretty full, which meant there were plenty of riders, but also that she would have to wander a bit to find a free table. She tried to act natural as she continued scanning tables for empty seats. Her shy side always kicked in just when she needed it not to.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff