Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Cost of a Dog Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you pay for your critters' care?
I work full-time
15%
 15%  [ 121 ]
I work part-time
15%
 15%  [ 124 ]
My parents pay for stuff
53%
 53%  [ 421 ]
Other (feel free to elaborate)
15%
 15%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 788

moonlightfan101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:01 am
I'm getting a kitten in a week or so, and that's pretty exciting for me because its going to be my kitten not a family pet. Its going to be hard keeping up with prices for her since my parents have another cat and a dog to take care of at the moment, but they agreed that I could get a kitten of my own. We're getting one free for some reason, but the costs should come out about the same as getting one from a pet store sr something. It helps if you know what to look for to see if a cat is sick.

I know the topic is about dog prices, but if you think about it, its the same in a way...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I thought that maybe I should mention that it's going to cost me about $400 to have my puppy spayed, twice the average price listed on the first post.

I had no idea that dogs were so expensive. Dx
But, it's worth it.

The Bossa

Zac20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 am
i would sell a dog aroud about 245 or 185 but only for beagles but aouther dogs ild sell for 300  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm
yea...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Mod Note: Hey, you are probably new so this is just a warning, but this would be considered bumping and therefore, NOT allowed. Please don't post just to post, only if you are actually going to contribute to a conversation. THANKS! mrgreen ~ Kipluck  

LycanDragoon

Dapper Gaian

major giraffe abortion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:31 pm
i see lots of you guys have animals as you siggys and just wanted to show you this! XD

User Image

here is a sample of a puppy i sketched XD

User Image

and a kitty XD

User Image

Another Mod Note from Kipluck: Cute but this really should be in a different thread. Keep it OT. Thanks much! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:35 pm
This is great, thanks for posting this. smile

Puppies, and dogs, seem like a lot of money, but in reality they're not, it's not like you're spending all the money at once (well maybe you are) and plus you get to have the puppy and/or dog for many years, so I think it's well worth your money. smile

My family, and I were thinking of getting another dog, or a puppy perhaps, but the one my sister, and I have been looking, which is a female Shih Tzu, and she is $375.00. sweatdrop

I'm sure we're probably not getting her, even though my sister, and I really want to, it's hard to find cheaper Shih Tzu puppies around here, or just hard to find smaller dogs. sad (Because my mom, really just wants a smaller dog.)  

twilight again

Xx Emma x Lee xX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:04 pm
I just want to figure out the cost of a cat in my head but i helps for me to wright it out:

Per every 2 years:

Food-200-600$
1 Cat food can-.40-2.50$
A bag of dry food-3.00-8.00$

Vet-80-5000$
shots-80-150$
bone injuries-200-2000$
Spaying-50-150$
Disease/ill-60-500$

Supply 200-1000$
Brush 1.00-8.00$
bowl-2.00-6.00$
litter-200-900$
other-.40-10.00

I know im bad at this  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:19 am
See, the cost of the dog is exactly why my family isn't getting one. Well, that and the fact that we're too busy to have to walk the dog. All we have are fish, which are expensive at first, but only need food and occasionally medicine later on. Oh, and the filters and all that, but if we had a lot more time and money, we might get a dog. Until then, I will wait. stare  

Karithia

The rare red twi-lek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:39 am
well, i got my pitbull from an animal shelter so he was already nuetred. training doesn't cost anything its easy and fun to do by yourself, and my dog loved it. he costs about 100 a year because of food. it cost 100 to buy him and 100 for the shots and he doesn't go to check-ups. we onlly needed to buy 1 leash so if you go the way i did, dogs can be cheap, same with cats.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:14 am
A healthy pet averages the amount given in the first post. I have two older dogs and once they start getting arthritis and other ailments the cost increases. It costs me about $80 a month to keep my golden retriever on meds for her aging bones.

Also, it depends on what kind of food you feed them. I spend approx $60 a month on food and doggy snacks.

That is about $1700 a year without annual vaccinations.

I love them though, so I'm glad that I have the money.  

redshiftnova

HaLo 3 ShOtGuN LeGeNd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 pm
i got lucky with my dog cause we bought him for only $10 and my grandmother gave me lots of toys for him as soon as i got him so all we have left is all the shots and stuff like that and the food  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm
my parents pay for stuff... and my doxie puppy has been particularly expensive his first year. he's got liver trouble of some sort, so he had to get checked a lot and we can't neuter him b/c bad things will happen if they anesthetize him. sad oh well.  

Lindini

kittykat0605

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 pm
idk how much he costs buts my doggie is worth it!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 pm
We have one dog and used to only have one cat. We adopted two strays that were here when we moved in. So it can get exspensive the more animals you feed. I think cat food is cheaper than dog food though.  

zenobia2

iH 0 P E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:30 pm
Dogs are really expensive. You could say I got mine for free, considering that he is my mom`s boyfriend`s dog but he lives with us and I take care of him during the day. I`m trying to convince my mom to let me get my own puppy, either another Westie like my current dog or a Shih Tzu/Maltese like my aunt or uncles dogs. But so far I can`t afford to get one, because they are really expensive to get just the dog.

And now that I`m getting a job soon, I`ll probably have to start for doggie stuff. But I luff Choochie so its okay. He`s my baby. XP

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff