Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Rainbow Bridge
MY DAD LIED TO ME ABOUT MY DOG....ONIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Q_The_Drama

Thirteenth Prophet

10,150 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:08 pm
I'm sorry but shooting animals correctly is just as humane as euthanization. Out in the country our vet office is only open one day a week. If your animal has rabies or is in terrible pain with no hope of lasting more than a night or so, you only have a few options.

I'm sorry (and no offense meant) but some of you animal activist city people, don't know how it works on farms. You don't think we bond with our animals, you don't think we feel bad when one of our animals passes or if we have to help end their pain. It hurts and I'm sure it hurt your father to. Don't ever think that your father (and to everyone else; Don't think that her father) is a bad person.

He probably didn't tell you about Onix in the first place because he knew you would react the way you did. The guilt probably ate at him and ate at him until he couldn't stand it anymore. He wouldn't be able to live with himself, lying to you about something like that. It's something you needed to know. It was a very important lesson for you to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:21 pm
crying OMG that's so horrible , i told my dad if he ever was to do that i'd go live with my best friend i knew since i was 2 years old , i promised him too. I'm sticking to that promise harsh yes but you hurt my animals i'd hurt them even if it come to death (i'm truly an animal lover , hurt an animal , and pay the price sweatdrop )  

Kitty_Wolf_15

Toaster Pastry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 am
WHAT AN UNHUMANE WAY TO KILL A POOR INNOCENT ANIMAL!!! HE SHOULD'VE TAKEN IT TO THE VET AND GOT HER CHECKS OUT NOT KILL HER!!!!!!!! I'D BE MAD AS HELL!! evil  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm
jerk he coulda took her to a vet and if she had raibes let them kill her fast and painless crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  

tmzriddik

Sucre Antique

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:56 am
omigod <.> now im crying!!! im so sorry, i dont know how it feels, and honestly, i wouldnt have been any better if that same thing ever happened to me. but onix is in a better place now, i know she is. your dad could have at least taken her to the vet. i would have even made a little grave, and go to visit it everyday, bring flowers and set her dog bowl, and now im rambling on and on....sorry, but anyways, ill be keeping you in my prayers and most likely naming little black puppies after her:3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 pm
I had a similar situation.
My family got Dino from the pound. At first, he was harsh but he got used to us. He was also very protective of us. So if he ever saw some stranger he did not know come near one of us, he'd attack them.

One day, our neighbor was having a garage sale. My dad was with Dino in the backyard when an old man asked to pet Dino. But when he put his hand near Dino, Dino bit him... only because he thought the man was going to hurt my dad.

Not too long after that, I was surprised to find Dino missing. My dad said he ran away.
However, years later, my mom called the pound to realize Dino was actually put down.

It makes me wonder if my dad lied about Beauty as well. We found her in a box on the streets and took her in. She was an amazing jumper who could jump over our fence and run away! One day, she never came back and my dad said another family found her...
I wonder if he lied about her too.

Druggie Maurice

Greedy Giver

greetings i am bob saget

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 pm
OMG-its-EmBee
he stole something from u
he stole it and condemned it to a slow painfull death.
just because the dog growled??
tell ur father to burn in the seventh ring of hell.

It's Just Cruel And Wrong To Kill A Dog Like That.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:14 pm
sagirafire
This thread is starting to get on my nerves. Too many people are condemning christmas_day's father for trying to protect his family.

The second thing I have to say is, do none of you people eat meat? How do you think your food gets there? I can assure you that 50% of the meat you buy at your average chain grocery store was not humanely slaughtered.

I'm A Vegitarian
And Also, It Was Wrong Of Him To Do That.
Atleast He COuld've taken it to the vet or shot it through the mouth so no pain would come.
I Live in the city, i have never even been near a farm.
My Parents always make sure all 3 of our dogs are healthy and the one time Zoe had to be put to sleep she was euthinized.  

greetings i am bob saget

Edible Explosive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:04 am
... sad no comment  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:18 am
What a sad story! crying i feel sorry the dog! crying i wish that it didin`t happen cause it`s so sad to lose a dog like that i`d hate to lose my dog! crying like that!!!! crying i bet you really sad then ever cause tey say dog`s are man`s best friend! crying sad mabye this will cheer you up!!!I like kats! 3nodding I like lalmmas! biggrin dramallama 1!!! xd  

disco_cat1

1,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Satanic Crayon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 pm
at least dont shoot her let her go peacfuly not with a stupid bullet i mean what the heck. first take her to the vet check if she has somthing and if you have to let her go thats ok i lost two of my dogs crying crying vanilla,and lucky crying crying and i miss them so much. but you know what they had a great life and thats what matters if you love them enough in the end they will thank you for all the things you did for him  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:06 pm
that is so sad and cruel
he shouldve al least taken her to te vet  

veggie muffin

Mistyflower

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 pm
crying OMG that is terrible. I would have been SO pissed!
i dont think your dad should have done that without going to the vet
and really finding out what was wrong with Onix
but whats done is done
my deepest condolences
in memory of Onix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 pm
That is one of the meanest inhumane things ever! If the ASPCA found out what he did to your dog, he would be arrested. stressed  

supersailorpeach

Sairento Yuzuki

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:56 pm
I'm sorry for your loss. I would be beyond angry with my father if he told me that story. But maybe he was trying to save you from a heart ache, you know like parents do. They want to save there children from any pain. Granted that wasn't a good way to approch it but, he was jsut being a father and trying to protect you. And then he most likely felt guilty over it and told you the truth. Yes finding out what was going on with your Onix would have been the better way to go about it. But things don't always go that way. I'm sorry if that sounds heartless.
Now on to something everyone has been talking about, shooting an animal to make them rest in peace is not inhumane. As long as it's done right and the animal feels as little pain necessary. My friend had a Cocker and they put her down by shooting her. Some people don't have the money, even more now a days(vets are costing about as much as human doctors now), so puting the animal out of there suffering by shooting them is MORE humane then letting them lay there in pain for hours on end. And to answer the question of if I would like to be shot by someone I loved, it would be better then dying a painful very long death. And I'd reather be shot by somebody I knew then a total stranger. But thats only my opinion.

Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff