Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
My goodness - the rudeness of kids these days. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yanxie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm
They think we're just weird because apparently anime is more fitting for kids their age. Or when it comes to this forum, they just think it's weird because I guess people our age aren't browsing anime/gaming forums, but rather, being college students or working as professionals with monotonous jobs...

Makes me wonder if they'll be doing the same thing when they're our age? That is to say though, if Gaia is still around by then (knock on wood.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:25 am
Madame_Fluffy
So, my fellow geezers, I must ask...

Do you ever come across the younger populace of this site, and upon learning your real age, you hear the following...

'OMG!!1WTF R OLD PPL DOING ON GAIA?!1! F*CKING *****!!! H4VE NO L1FE!!1 DEY SHULD B B@NNED!1!'

I find this incredibly insulting, don't you?

I mean, why is it so appauling to learn that there are adults on Gaia Online? And why do they automatically assume that these same adults have no lives of their own, or that they're *****? (just because some of these whipper snappers are on this site - disobeying the site rules by seeking a cyber sex partner - does not mean the older users are here for that purpose, as well).

They all try to act like grown ups, let in here for five mintues to read the posts and see how grown ups really act. rofl

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior?

peekaraspberry

tommcready

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:44 am
I agree. I'm being yelled at by all sorts of younger people, telling me I should go find a life. Well, for their information: I have a life. A rather busy one. I just like relaxing a bit and meeting people who don't live anywhere in my region. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 pm
i just laugh and say to myself "You won't be laughing when you start getting hemmoroids ya dumb a** kids" eek xp  

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 pm
Dragon student
Evil Evie
Mrs_Black_Bear
Yes I have come across that anoyance unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior? I think it has to do with a lack of good parenting since now days spanking your child is considered abuse, and it would also seem Christianity is banned in all aspects from schools and the general public which annoys me greatly I mean what about Freedom of religion? Another Problem is the Media, I think the Media also has alot to do with the attitudes of children and teens today, I mean look at what almost all teen movies are promoting and the music too, sex, violence and disrespect!

The world has certainly declined and it makes me very sad, Though I hope to have children of my own and raise them to be respectfull of all people and well manored.

I don't think lack of "Christianity", the media, or music has a thing to do with it. I am Atheist and am respectful to those who are respectful to me.
The problem is a lack of discipline. Parents aren't even allowed to punish their own children. Society is being too soft on these kids. They're told that are special and have all these rights. Since there are no consequences for their actions they run amok saying and doing whatever feels good to them.
I deal with ill mannered snots all day long. Some of them just need a good kick in the butt!
Quite so! I screwed up and my dad would use a belt and I've blacked out whatever my mom did (Mom = terrifying when angry). Let the parents go back to beating the snot out of their brats. Society will be better for it.

And don't misread this. I do think there is a point where a reprimand can go too far and become child abuse.

I agree as well. My brother and I both got a good smack if we were being little shits. We were punished for mis-deeds. I remember when I was about 16 I had a habit of slamming my door when I was angry and my mom got so sick of it she actually took my door off the hinges for two weeks. I never slammed my door again. lol the attitude of Kkds these days is definitely due to a lack of good parenting.
I disagree with the lack of religion though. I was raised Catholic, and became agnostic when my parents split up (my mother's un-intentional influence) and now I am an Atheist, but I am still a good , respectful person, and always have been. Besides, Christianity makes bad people too, every religion has good and bad people following it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:47 pm
Rude from kids and Adults is so right!
Why once I signed up in the Arena's for my Avi to be a girl from Harvest Moon DS Cute, and I got dissed, most said I was too "Plain" that it needed more to it, as well about 5 said "Yo b****, ya D*** idiot!! Harvest moon girl is no Brown hair, she is a blond, I kindly told them that it's better to look up before acussing, as in Harvest Moon DS Cute, you can have a char who has brown hair, and they turned about and called me a lying daughter of a f***ing Wh***, I told them it's not right to inslut someone's mother, and they told me I had to well get my A** F***ed with the broomstick I use in my magic, I reported them and got them booted the next day, but really those were not needed from kids, or the adults who told me that a girl like me should shut her mouth as she has no clue what I talk about crying scream crying

BookLover87

BookLover87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:53 pm
Devilish Zukin
I know when I was younger I was pretty quiet. >>

What's with kids being so opinionated now-a-days?

I was the same, but now that I think about, I wish I wasn't so quiet, there was one man who makes me feel insulted being an adult, just by thinking of him now, He would spank and hit me when I did wrong, instead of taking me to the side and explaining with a warning of why I don';t talk the way I did, but instead he beat me, and for years because I was so quiet, so begging for my parents to be happy I never told a soul, so I never knew what was happening to me was wrong, if I did stand up like some kids do now, I'd be able to stop it before it got worse and save my little step brother from the pain too, more than I did, Sometimes it's good to be opinionated, but sometimes these kids take it too far.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:00 pm
Considering I'm just 21 and they haven't used verbal abuse on me yet, I wouldn't know. But I've witnessed it, apparently the chatterbox is a place where little smart asses come by to just insult.
Makes me wonder what parents brought them up. I'd say they lack the 7 years from home, as we call it in our country. I'm respectful towards everyone, unless of course they start abusing my respect.
And here here! These little snots should have their heads banged on the keyboard until they at least learn how to spell cursing words properly... apparently they can't go even that far...

Lup

BLACKJAGUARKAT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:26 pm
Yea I've been Discriminated against because of my age on here. I go to towns to get bugs and trash and sometimes just to talk to people. Most of the people in there when you want to talk are cyberers anyways. There have been some nice people I have met. I don't go much to talk to people anymore because of it. Now I just collect bugs and trash and kick the hell out of rocks trees and bushes. LOL!! xd biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:27 pm
I've never had the kids be rude to me, but they have wondered why I'm on here. It is true that us adults are the ones forking out the donations for this place, and the kids don't even think about that, at all! But what I wonder, is why is it "weird" (it's not...) for an adult to be on gaia? So I guess when you get older, you're not allowed to enjoy avatars and games? Whenever a kid confronts me about that, I say to them;
So, do you think kids are maintaining this place? And, do you think the people running gaia don't love it as well? Come on now, all these kids think about are themselves! I really think they should have a way to verify ages, and then add a bit more to gaia for us older people, like perhaps an older looking avatar?  

Mortuhm

Mortuhm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:29 pm
Oh ya, and one more thing. I've told many people I work with about this place, and they're all joining as well...including my boss!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:44 pm
I also rarely tell my real age in towns because I get some strange reactions indeed. I am older than most gaians, but I'm not ancient. I avoid the chatterbox at all costs. I only post there with my mule accounts.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

hourglass of chronos2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:27 pm
Madame_Fluffy
So, my fellow geezers, I must ask...

Do you ever come across the younger populace of this site, and upon learning your real age, you hear the following...

'OMG!!1WTF R OLD PPL DOING ON GAIA?!1! F*CKING *****!!! H4VE NO L1FE!!1 DEY SHULD B B@NNED!1!'

I find this incredibly insulting, don't you?

I mean, why is it so appauling to learn that there are adults on Gaia Online? And why do they automatically assume that these same adults have no lives of their own, or that they're *****? (just because some of these whipper snappers are on this site - disobeying the site rules by seeking a cyber sex partner - does not mean the older users are here for that purpose, as well).

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior?

hmm, well i think the younger users of gaia believe that the website is geared towerds teenagers (wich it pretty much is, for attracting new users.) and people (namely the children who join) think that there is an age limit for it, and are surprised when they meet someone who is 40 or somthing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 pm
I've heard it, and I'm not that old. Kids are just worried though that their own actions are going to be interfered with by adults, because they go online to get away from them. I can understand this, I did the same thing when I was living with my mother. Online was my home away from adults and supervision.

So, I can see it from their point of view. I don't take it as an insult though, because I know they're just acting their age. If they ask what I'm doing here, I just tell them the truth. I like dressing my doll up. lol It curbs my buying urge to buy extra accessories for myself irl.  

MaskedIntrovert

4,200 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 pm
I haven't been the target of it, but I have seen it.
Makes me wonder who they thought designed and created Gaia?
And who they think funds it. ( I have seen them complain about being expected to buy pixels, I know they don't realize it yet, but even pixels cost money to create..)
I usually just shake my head, and go with the thought of eh they will learn when reality kicks them in the butt.  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff