Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZenLaginator

3,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:17 am
i believe in a god but its in a different way than any other religion known on earth in other words there is such thing as a higher power for me just not the way many ppl see it by there believes in the cult in wish they re said there so called religion i say its just a mater of thought's in the way you see life by your own minds eye one should be free to think they way they want and believe in what they think its real fore them not to think by the thought's of others unless they so desire to think in the same way.

quote:you are free to sever the chains of fiat that bind you.

quote2: good and evil are just words to determine what you think its wrong and wright fore one's own good not of others unless others want to determine the same way but by there won choice  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:53 am
I'm not religious at all but can respect others beliefs. But what i hate are people forcing their beliefs onto you expecting you to submit to a god.

I believe in myself and my own capabillety and if i fail at something i blame myself and not god or anyone else. My mom is catholic protestant but doesnt go to church and she believes more in herself too rather than an icon of god.
twisted  

Satanic_Darkness

ronin124

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:52 am
IF one is kind,generous ,honest and good one finds heaven, if not, he or she ends up in midland rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:48 am
I know God is there with all my heart.
Don't be sad for non-believers for if they truly don't believe in God due to a lack of knowledge, He will be forgiving of them.

It's the ones who do know God and turn away from Him that are to be pitied.  

Arkjinnahn

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Allah is God and yes I believe in Allah  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 pm
aerwulf124
IF one is kind,generous ,honest and good one finds heaven, if not, he or she ends up in midland rolleyes

Midland, Texas??? eek  

Malheureux
Crew

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 pm
I would have to lean towards neutrality.I have not died so I can't say what is going to happen.If anything I guess I would be atheist just from the whole fact of not seeing, not hearing, not believing thing but I am neutral because don't know till I die right?I will burn that bridge when it gets there so for now I just stay happy and try not to worry too much while I'm alive what will happen when I am dead.Truthfully I feel no magic or mysterious power so I can't really say I can even picture in reality there being a god but it is a nice little thought that there is someone out there caring and when I die I go to a magical place.That would be great and I totally love it but reality in me says not possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 am
boopsie63
this is my first post! I met a person on Gaia that does not beleive in a higher power. This has upset me a get deal cry I live in the bible belt.Everyone beleives! What do you think! Please don't be ugly! I would like a truthful answer.

Sorry sweetie, but not EVERYONE "beleives" ! There are many of us living good, moral lives without religion or belief in a higher power. We are strong enough to exist without the crutch religious beliefs provide.
I have never seen or heard "God" therefore I cannot bring myself to believe. I have however, seen the damage blind belief can do. Holy Wars, the Crusades, intolerance of other religions are just some of the problems belief in god can create. I will continue to do what is right not because of fear of punishment by some vengeful god, but because I am a good person and care for others.
I do believe in Evil because I see it everywhere and it ALWAYS prevails...  

Lucky Lass 38

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:55 am
Oh who cares what others think. Don't take it so personally. I myself believe in a higher being called God and I think that he has many forms to which he comes to people, example... Budda, Allah or what ever. It is Jesus that I don't believe . I think he is a wonderful follower but I dont' agree that he is the SON of GOD but if you break the whole thing down and analyze the whole phrase.... arent we all the children (son and daughters of GOD) yes we are. so there you are. I just think he is in the catagory of Moses *smiling*
BTW, for those who understand differences of more than 1 religion, I am German.
Hugs, M  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 am
If what you should say or do confuses you then just folow the

10 COMMANDMENTS. That's it  

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 pm
boopsie63
This comment is to ( the Left hand of evil) guy.I said be nice. You are not nice. If the word JESUS makes you sick then I beleive you your self must be Satan. Which was once a angel of God. I also thought the guild was for grown ups so, that we can have grown up conversations. You must have gotten on this sight by mistake.

Lucky Lass 38
boopsie63
this is my first post! I met a person on Gaia that does not beleive in a higher power. This has upset me a get deal cry I live in the bible belt.Everyone beleives! What do you think! Please don't be ugly! I would like a truthful answer.

Sorry sweetie, but not EVERYONE "beleives" ! There are many of us living good, moral lives without religion or belief in a higher power. We are strong enough to exist without the crutch religious beliefs provide.
I have never seen or heard "God" therefore I cannot bring myself to believe. I have however, seen the damage blind belief can do. Holy Wars, the Crusades, intolerance of other religions are just some of the problems belief in god can create. I will continue to do what is right not because of fear of punishment by some vengeful god, but because I am a good person and care for others.
I do believe in Evil because I see it everywhere and it ALWAYS prevails...

Very well put.... Dont need religion to declare your worthiness in life, the type of person is not defined as a result of what religion they practice...

Boopsie, for you to get upset over another (Left Hand of Evil) simply because they dont believe can be that detrimental?! That is very sad. There are more important things in life to be upset about than that. Its a waste of energy and you could be doing so many more productive things in life.

Its like the many of us that have said: you need to respect each other's right to choose if they want religion or not, if they believe in 'God' or not.... You dont have to like it, but you have to respect people that dont, so long as they dont pressure YOU into non-believing.. just like I expect religious people not to push their beliefs on me. Otherwise, they get told off for not having the respect and decency to know when to keep their pushing-comments to theirself...

You only met "one person" on Gaia... Have you talked with all 99,000 or more? What about people that dont live in, what you call "the Bible Belt"??? The world stretches so much farther than your area of residence to the point, I dont think you would be able to handle the truth of those who dont believe, dont like religion, hate religion, etc...

I commend "The Left Hand of Evil's" bravery and honesty for posting the comment that was left. Im sure it was difficult in some manner (maybe not most)... I wont trash it because the last sentence that Evil wrote still showed some respect to those who choose to have religion in their life.

And Boopsie, for you to cast judgement and call them "Satan" is exactly the premise that most of us complain about most (not all) religious people... You need to respect their right to comment even if you dont like what they said. So, step back, and try to see things in a different, but more tollerable light... I personally choose not to slam anyone here the way you did. Again, your choice to do so, but, it doesnt make it right...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 pm
I believe in a higher power and an afterlife that we all go to, regardless of how we lived in this one. So, yes, I believe in God, but I am not Christian, nor do I associate myself with any religion. I just have my beliefs and I'm happy with them.

So long as no one is trying to force their beliefs down my throat for dinner, they can believe in whatever they want. Doesn't effect me. smile  

Zahmira

Trapper Jon

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:24 am
It's funny. I didn't used to, but wound up convincing myself while trying to disprove His existence. Funny how the world works.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:26 am
Isn't this whole thread covered in the "What's your religion?" thread? I mean, c'mon..  

Vaidurya

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Vaidurya
Isn't this whole thread covered in the "What's your religion?" thread? I mean, c'mon..

Well.. yes and no....

This thread started because someone couldnt handle being told that another person didnt believe in God and came here thinking she was going to have 100 % support of belief, and unfortunately from the number of posts, she doesnt have 100% support...

Crazy eh? LOL  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces