Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
|||||RATE THE AVATAR ABOVE YOU ||||||| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soldier_FirstClass_Pippin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 pm
WOW dude i like dat, its like a r rated powerranger!! lol 9/10 fo sho  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:55 pm
Thank you for the, err, coarse compliment. I was not shooting so much for an "R rated" look, more so as a...fortified look.
Anyone else have a comment too?

As for yours Pip,
It's...very rough. The general tone is good, and it seems like it could have a story behind it, but it seems early for me to rate it "finished".I have no problem with those swords; they are very good free items. The goggles are a completely different theme for it and kind of throw off what it had going for it. A better thing for your head would be a headband; or, if you still want your face covered, try using a mask: perhaps an international gasmask, or maybe a green bio-mask, even a fish mask could work. Go out and check around.
4/10  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 am
I really like it. Everything fits perfectly. It is a set, obviously, but I don't like to take points off for that unless the outfit entirely relies on it being one. Yours kind of does, but I do really like how you twisted it; it's definitely an improvement over the basic set. The mask is an especially nice touch.

8.5/10

(Ugh, and I know what you mean about the mirroring. I mean, no glitching, but look at me. -.-)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:47 pm
9/10
It's a really good avatar but I think somethings either missing or shouldn't be there but I can't pin point what it is =S  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:48 pm
8/10 - The green & purple match throughout, but you should lose the plumb-bob though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:20 pm
That could possibly be my favorite cosplay avi I've ever seen. Not only is it accurate, but it's also a good avatar without even taking cosplay into consideration. As Itachi, my only problem is that he's not white, but at least it looks good. Alsp, where the heck did that coat come from?!

9.4/10  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:53 pm
You don't know, Raven?!! It comes from the (Random Item generator) Gee Boy Turbo's Orinkage.

I've wanted it for a while now. crying
Damn RIGs! I went through 20+ of them and nothing but a complete loss of Gold for me.

(btw, does this chestplate look better or worse)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 pm
Ravenwolf
That could possibly be my favorite cosplay avi I've ever seen. Not only is it accurate, but it's also a good avatar without even taking cosplay into consideration. As Itachi, my only problem is that he's not white, but at least it looks good. Alsp, where the heck did that coat come from?!

9.4/10

The coat comes from Orinkage. I bought it from the MP a few weeks ago when they were still 2 million+, now they're super cheap.

I actually wasn't planning this as a cosplay-avatar - just a real cool-looking one (hence, the white skin which accentuates the bloody eyes).
I was originally trying to make a Hoshigaki Kisame avatar, but failed. I just couldn't get the eyes & mouth right no matter what I tried, so I gave up. I did make an absolutely PERFECT one of Zetsu, which I'm sure I'll use one of these days.

8.3/10 for Kazuma

The chestplate looks better IMO, a more personalized touch to the Gaia ranger set. Too bad the green goo glitch distracts. Ancient Katanas seem to be really prone to it - that used to happen to me too whenever I had one equipped.  

Soujii-sama

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:36 am
Lol, if it hadn't been said that that was a cosplay, I wouldn't have recognized it.

8/10

It's nice, all matches, and looks kinda cool. I don't like whatever that red thing behind you is, because it's centered while you're off-centered.

My current avi is for one of my guilds; we're having a 'summer-themed avi' week, so this was what I did.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm
First off, it's a good avi Arikai...but those glasses are not good. It throws too much black into the mix. I understand how "it's summer = sunglasses", but they just look bad to me.
For some better glasses...how about these Yellow Torque Shades, or maybe this pair of Chairo Cache Shades, if you feel that black would still be best...go for these smaller SLIK Shades.

Still, your avi is simple and Clean looks nice.
7/10

((omg 100th post))  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:06 pm
Hm, after getting used to them for a while, I actually really like the glasses. That swimsuit has always bothered me though; it's too close to skin-tone. I like the hair and skin together though, and the water's nice.

8/10  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm
Hm, nothings changed...

I think I'll spice up this thread with this new outfit I made  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100