View Results

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm
you could go through with the pregnancy and put the child up for adoption like in glee. i couldn't take the life of a child who has done nothing.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 pm
One hundred percent pro-life.  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 am
I would only have an abortion if I got raped.
I know it's not the baby's fault, but I couldn't have a kid that looked like the rapist that raped me. It would haunt me for life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 am

When im older ill only have an abortion if my baby is so sick he or she would suffer through life.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

officially homo

Alyx Rodanthe

Sparkly Pup

8,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 am
I wear His collar,

I have already posted in this thread (pp 3, about half way down the page), but thought I should post my reasonings and beliefs about being for abortion.

While I believe that every woman should have the choice to abort whenever she is pregnant, there are some cases where personally I would feel it inappropriate.

1. Multiple abortions as a form of birth control.
~I find this inappropriate because the first or second times may be accidents, that first pregnancy should be a sign that she may be using her current (if any) form of birth control incorrectly. By that second pregnancy, she should be looking for a new form of birth control to prevent the third from occurring.

2. Late-term abortions.
~After about 6 months (or second trimester), she is already most of the way through the pregnancy. With the exceptions of fetal health or my own health, there is no reason that the fetus should be aborted.

3. Accidental non-first pregnancy by a teen.
~This one would be just inappropriate to me. I know a lot of good mothers who had their children as a teen. It's difficult and stressful, yes, but not impossible. I was pregnant twice due to my own choices while I was a teen, and neither time did I abort, because it was my own fault. (I was injured severely the first time and I miscarried the second.)

In any other cases, it should be left up to the mother.

I have been raped twice, and the first time (when I was 10) resulted in me becoming pregnant. The sheer thought of going through the 9 months of pregnancy with it growing inside me made me sick. So I aborted at 6 weeks. I know how it feels to be in the situation. Before this, I was anti-abortion except for the case of the mother's health.

With the PTSD from the rapes and a few other mental problems, I more than likely would have murdered the baby had the pregnancy carried through to full-term. I'm glad I made sure I didn't have that chance.

as well as His ring.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 am
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

Personally, I believe abortion is alright. Teenagers who get pregnant should have consequences, yes, but do you really think having to raise a child is that consequence? Not to mention, all those people who say that they're against except in rape or life-threatening situations don't realize that should we make abortion illegal, you won't be able to get an abortion for a rape.

The reason abortion isn't taking a life is because you can only get an abortion in the first trimester. After the first trimester, should the baby be born prematurely, it could still survive, which is why it can't be aborted. However, in the first trimester, you're still likely to have a miscarriage or various complications as such.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

The Nerdy Kitten

8,200 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm
I'm in the middle.

If your a teenager then I'm okay with it. I know that kids with teen mother problem won't have the best life that they could. If it was rape thenI"m for it for sure! If your 20+ and did it unprotected then I'm not for it because it's your fault. Just my point of veiw on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 pm
Having an unwanted child shouldn't be punishment for irresponsibility (or mistakes, since no contraception is 100% safe. You can be on the pill and use a condom and do everything right and still get pregnant - it happens). If anything if someone is irresponsibe, it's best if they didn't have a child.
Children should be wanted, loved and nurtured. I don't see a 1 month "old" fetus as a human being yet.
I know now that if I get pregnant right now I'd get an abortion. I do practice safe sex to avoid that but I know it doesn't guarantee anything. But since I can hardly provide for myself, I won't irresponsibly bring a new life to this world if I can't nurture and take care of it.

This world is hard enough as it is. There are so many children who have no one to take care of them, love them and be a parent to them. Children shouldn't be a burden, they shouldn't be a "punishment".  

Im A Little Pea

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Pro life all the way! It's alive. And the baby feels pain, shouldnt that be reason enough not to jab it with a needle or cut it apart or inject a burning liquid into its home?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 am
I'm not for it.
I still see the embryo as life.

I'd avoid abortion by sending them to adoption, you could be killing the child that grows up to cure cancer.

But I'm not one to protest, like if you insist on it, I won't stop you.  

Tsukuyomi25021

Traumatized Dollie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm
Short Melancholic
Pro life all the way! It's alive. And the baby feels pain, shouldnt that be reason enough not to jab it with a needle or cut it apart or inject a burning liquid into its home?

First, it's 'embryo' or 'fetus'. Please use the correct terminology. A baby is a member of the human species that is between 1 minute and 2 years old. A zygote/embryo/fetus is what is found in the uterus during development.

Second, it has been scientifically proven multiple times since the decision of Roe v Wade that fetal pain is 100% impossible before it is far too late to have an elective abortion. The only reason a fetus would feel pain during an abortion is if it was a late term abortion, which is only legal when the mother's life or health is in serious danger, the fetus is going to die or has a severe, crippling abnormality that will cause intense pain, misery, and/or death, or the fetus is already dead in the womb but has developed too much for it to be expelled from the body naturally and must be removed so no health problems arise for the woman. Not to mention, most late term abortions are done by distressed women who wanted to be mothers, but, due to a problem with the pregnancy such as the ones listed above, had to abort the pregnancy for their own good or to prevent a short life of pain and misery for their child.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 pm
The only time I feel it is okay in any situation to have an abortion is if the baby or the mother has the possibility of birth fatalities. Whether you want the baby or not is beside the point, if you cannot or are not willing to take care of the child, give it up for adoption. It's cruel to end the life of something that has yet to become. Even if there are possibilities of fatality for you, have confidence that it'll be okay, and if things do go wrong, if are living a (excuse me for bringing God into this) Godly life, you are sure to (as well as your baby if it (God forbid) dies as well) go to heaven and receive a new body in Christ. The way I see it, life is life, stopping one before it even has the chance to start, is worse then murder.  

BugxNicole

I Red Roze I

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 am
if it was me personally if i gotten raped or i messed around either by mistake ,getting drunk or the condom has ripped or any other matter than i wouldn't get an abortion because i know that in the future i would try and give the child the best life it could possibly have.
but for any other woman or girl may be different they may not have the willingness to have the baby nor have the life to have a child and can not worth having one either because of the economy and because it's their only choice such as diseases or uncertainty of the child having a right foster home.
in all i am more neutral on abortion but sometimes women do regret having an abortion thinking what if i had the baby ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 pm
X-No More Lines-X
The only time I feel it is okay in any situation to have an abortion is if the baby or the mother has the possibility of birth fatalities. Whether you want the baby or not is beside the point, if you cannot or are not willing to take care of the child, give it up for adoption.

I am morally opposed to adoption the same way pro-lifers are morally opposed to abortion. I feel that it is extremely irresponsible for me to bring a child into the world, and then expect someone else to take care of it. I would not want to go through life having carried a child for nine months, and having no knowledge of what they were doing with their life or if they were even alive. There are hundreds of thousands of children already in the adoption system; if my hypothetical child was adopted, then that is one less home for these other children. Finally, adoption can be extremely scarring for the mother; I've heard many similar stories regarding adoption, so this isn't a rare response to giving up a child.

Adoption also isn't really an alternative for abortion since you still have to deliver the child. If my problem is that I am pregnant and do not want to be pregnant, adoption isn't really a solution.

X-No More Lines-X
Even if there are possibilities of fatality for you, have confidence that it'll be okay, and if things do go wrong, if are living a (excuse me for bringing God into this) Godly life, you are sure to (as well as your baby if it (God forbid) dies as well) go to heaven and receive a new body in Christ.

You might not have a problem with completing a potentially-fatal pregnancy, but this doesn't cover every woman's experience. Maybe the woman in this position has other kids, or she's the main/sole caretaker of her family. Maybe the pregnancy isn't dangerous for the mother, but the fetus has some sort of disorder that all but guarantees the child won't live very long. Maybe it's a completely different scenario entirely with the same result. Some of these women might continue the pregnancy, and others may want to abort and minimize the effects for everyone else. Women in this position would certainly consider their religious beliefs, and I'm sure that they feel that their god will understand why they made the decision that they did.

As for religion being brought into this, I'm fine with it affecting your personal views on abortion. I have a problem with it when you start forcing your beliefs on other people, but it's fine if it's just your opinion.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mord Alushar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm
I'm pro choice.
I have no right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff