Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:25 pm
RedWhiteBlack
I think you need to do a little more research on your movie reviews. The Mist is not a Stephen King movie, but rather, is a movie based on a short story written by King. Granted, some people will refer to them as "Stephen King movies" but that really is a false signifier, because if anything it's a Frank Darabont movie, and not a King movie. The ending was not really a twist ending (really, we all saw it coming), and I'm not even sure if it was part of King's original story. Furthermore, I would argue that King is not best known for his endings, but more for his ability to make his horror stories incredibly human. I do not find any fault in his endings at all. IT, in both film and novel forms, ended on the perfect note, though in the film the ending was not as well prepared for as it was in the novel.

While I will say that this movie, like Darabont's previous adaptations of King's work, The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption, it is worth seeing --if only for the stunning visuals -- it is far from perfect. Tom Jane is wooden and Marcia Gay Harden overacts like hell. Though based on a King story, I feel like there were plot elements missing and ones that didn't need to be there. While the ending attempts to be tragic and deep, it really just falls flat in a mess of symbols and moral dilemmas. I mean, really, (spoiler) the deaths of all those characters at the end were totally unneeded. It attempts at tragic, but only manages comic and grotesque.

im glad that you also give your opinions on this stuff, keep it up, but im giving these movies in my opinion, from the adveradge joe point of view...for the most part....so i dont have every fact right meh not a big deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 pm
I understand that, but I think you should at least get the names of the people who made it right. I mean, most people probably won't care, but if you're going to mention it, at least get it right. 3nodding  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:35 am
well when i typed up that last review i was on another computer which was messed up so i couldnt find the right name for mr M. Night anyway i have more movies to review ..."iron monkey" "cry_wolf" and "the last king of scotland"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:48 pm
im a bit hesitent on reviewing "the last king of scotland" depending on what i say my reverse reviewer might bash me for it lol  

Saintsage777

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm
Saintsage777
im a bit hesitent on reviewing "the last king of scotland" depending on what i say my reverse reviewer might bash me for it lol

I haven't seen that one yet, so I couldn't comment on it.

Also, I don't mean to "bash" your opinions; I just think they should have a little more substance behind them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm
I thk u sould keep doing this  

xXpenntwizzXx

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 am
thanks madam falling with and hey i understand but again its just the adveradge review plus im doing my best to review it in a way so people dont think im ripping of "the nostalgia critic"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 am
(cry_wolf) comming today  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:57 pm
"Cry_Wolf" twas a prank gone wrong...deadly wrong.

A thriller more then a horror but still a worthwhile movie. Starring a bunch of teens, a hot red head, a english boy, their friends, AND FREAKIN JON BON JOVI...i know he acts, hes a good actor which proves my point, if singers act its good, if actors sing, for the most part they suck.

The plot is simple, some kids play a game, then they decide the game should be expanded for the whole campus. They make up a story about a murderer, and it works. But eventually a murderer actually comes and kills. The game, becomes real.

The movie is a thriller, with suspence and parinoia, towards the end becomes a twist, and another twist. Now the vary end when the killer walks away, i wasnt a fan i hated it. The killer is a b***h. But otherwise it was a pretty good movie. the acting was good, the story, the twists, now im not a fan of the vary end but its still a good movie. so i give it a 5/5  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 pm
Indiana Jones 4...brief reference to the first movie, theres killer ants, a russian dominatric, Jones is reunited with his love, he also has a son, a town explodes and theres ALIANS.....

Okay I was with you until you said aliens eek . WTH? The 4 yo I babysit said something about aliens in the movie but you know I thought he was just being 4 and getting a little mixed up. ALIENS? REALLY? In Indiana jones? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. For now i will die laughing. rofl  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 pm
Saintsage777
"Cry_Wolf" twas a prank gone wrong...deadly wrong.

A thriller more then a horror but still a worthwhile movie. Starring a bunch of teens, a hot red head, a english boy, their friends, AND FREAKIN JON BON JOVI...i know he acts, hes a good actor which proves my point, if singers act its good, if actors sing, for the most part they suck.

The plot is simple, some kids play a game, then they decide the game should be expanded for the whole campus. They make up a story about a murderer, and it works. But eventually a murderer actually comes and kills. The game, becomes real.

The movie is a thriller, with suspence and parinoia, towards the end becomes a twist, and another twist. Now the vary end when the killer walks away, i wasnt a fan i hated it. The killer is a b***h. But otherwise it was a pretty good movie. the acting was good, the story, the twists, now im not a fan of the vary end but its still a good movie. so i give it a 5/5

I hated this movie. I'm not even going to give my input, though, because it has been a while since I've seen it. It was entertaining, and yes, there were some very beautiful people in it, but I still wouldn't watch it more than once.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am
Bonniebluejeans
Indiana Jones 4...brief reference to the first movie, theres killer ants, a russian dominatric, Jones is reunited with his love, he also has a son, a town explodes and theres ALIANS.....

Okay I was with you until you said aliens eek . WTH? The 4 yo I babysit said something about aliens in the movie but you know I thought he was just being 4 and getting a little mixed up. ALIENS? REALLY? In Indiana jones? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. For now i will die laughing. rofl

stephen spielburg the guy who made alien movied included aliens in this....and it sucked  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:45 pm
"iron monkey" and "donnie brasco" will have a review soon  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 am
today i review "the movies" by that i mean stuff like, "distaster movie, scary movie 4, and 3, epic movie"

now "scary movie 1 and 2" just sucked it wasnt untill the Waynes brothers left that the "movie" series started to be good. I mean really, the story, the characters, the casting, it was all good. it delve into the central of spoofness which made these movies awesome, not the great costume and graphics, not the sets, no it was the producing, directing, writing, and the story, the others was great too.

every movie exept scarie movie 1 and 2 gets a 5/5

...just kidding APRIL FOOLS!!! ahhh now its reverse, scary movie 1 and 2 was good, 3 was alright..the rest blew i mean honestly they suuuuuuuuucked. Date movie was...meh the "real" reviews of "good" movies, will come in a bit  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:29 am
2 quick reviews and one main review

"iron monkey" a kung fu like film from Mr. Quentin T. good fighting, grphics, nicely done, the storys good, 5/5

"Donnie Brasco" bosed off of a true story (that actually makes it seem like it was ACTUALLY from a true story, unlike other films...its a good mafia movie, good acting. Johnny Depp is in it, Al Pachino, the story is good. Actings good expet for the wife, i hated her. 5/5

this movie.....honestly i..i dont know what to say...this review will be on...
"Cloverfield"  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces