Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:08 am
This is something that I was sent in my email. I don't know where the person who sent it to me got the article from...

Actor John Barrowman (Captain Jack) will be tying the knot in a civil union with his partner of ten years, Scott Gill, an architect. They are planning a "low-key" affair with no ceremony, he has told The Sun reportedly. The two are hoping to have a child through a surrogate mother, the daughter of a very old friend.

John Barrowman joined Doctor Who playing the character Captain Jack Harkness in the 2005 series and is now slated to head up his own spin-off series Torchwood on BBC 3 in the summer of 2006.

We wish John and Scott well in their union and starting their new family together

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:14 pm
Wendigo29
Tom Baker was probably my favorite Doctor, though I haven't seen it in years.

I did see him on an episode of BlackAdder the other day.

Last thing I saw Tom Baker in was as the Old Elf in the first D&D movie.

I have a theory that the reason that Tom Baker tends to be the favourite doctor (got to a convention and ask around and the greater number will name him as their fav), is because Douglas Adams wrote so many of the episodes.  

BlaizeDeeziere

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:29 am
Perhaps for hardcore Dr fans it is the writing. I just liked his hair, his long jacket and that scarf... so out there, but not in a scary way.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:38 pm
Also, he was one of the longest running doctors. That also has something to do with it I'm sure.  

Velouria Dragoon

My Tea Bag

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:24 pm
[cough] I loved that old scifi show with the corny TARDIS, cute l'il K-9 and inept, hysterical women! [cough, cough] blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:46 pm
Yeah, there's something about k=9. And I hear that he and Sara Jane Smith are going to be in the new season that's comming up. That should prove to be very cool indeed. smile  

Velouria Dragoon

Hairy Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:59 pm
Any thoughts on the season 2 teaser that was shown at the end of The Christmas Invasion? Some people seem to be thrilled that Anthony Head, who apparently acted in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will be guest starring in an episode. I never watched Buffy... is he any good?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:37 pm
I don't know anything about the new Doctor Who, but I DO own a copy of the Doctor Who Pattern Book. I can make a K-9 purse someday!  

Umberella

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:35 pm
Sorry I can't give any advice about Anthony Head...

But a K-9 purse would be cool... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:12 am
When is the new season going to start... *Dances around like an impatient little kid* gonk  

Velouria Dragoon

Hairy Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:53 pm
VelouriaDS
When is the new season going to start... *Dances around like an impatient little kid* gonk
No official word as of yet. The BBC's website still just says "Spring 2006".  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:37 pm
Hmmmm... *makes mental note to find out when the spring bbc tv season actually starts...*  

Velouria Dragoon

BlaizeDeeziere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:33 pm
Ok.. after reading this thread, my curiosity got the best of me and I just could not wait for a US release of the new stuff. I watched Attack of the Graske which I am assuming is the Christmas Invasion that was talked about? I watched more than one version of it since I could not make choices. I have to say that I kind of felt like I was watching Dora the Explora tweeked up a notch or two.

Still trying to get my hands on some of the regular episodes so I can see the new doc in action and find out who Rose is.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:39 am
BlaizeDeeziere
Ok.. after reading this thread, my curiosity got the best of me and I just could not wait for a US release of the new stuff. I watched Attack of the Graske which I am assuming is the Christmas Invasion that was talked about?
No, they are two separate stories. The Christmas Invasion is about an hour long, and doesn't involve pushing your remote to make choices. It's a proper Dr. Who story, whereas Attack of the Graske was more of a kids game.  

Hairy Priest

Nuala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:22 am
VelouriaDS
Yeah, there's something about k=9. And I hear that he and Sara Jane Smith are going to be in the new season that's comming up. That should prove to be very cool indeed. smile

There was a clip of K9 in the previews screened after The Christmas Invasion. He's looking a bit the worse for wear after all of these years.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff