Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
Memories Lost Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:54 pm
*The tendril's screeched became gurgled, as black fluid slowly bubbled out of it's wound. When Sephiroth delivered the finishing blow, the severed tip flew into a rock, where it twitched and quickly dried up into a translucent, empty shell. It's remains wavered a bit, still bleeding, before sinking into the ground.*

Jacob: s**t.. you probably killed it in time, but we better get out of this area just in case...

*Minutes after they fled, a number of goblin demons rushed into the area, sniffing the spot where the tendril was severed.*

- - - - -

Xylanthos: "Oh, we've been alright. Nothing too eventful as of late..."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:26 pm
That one didn't want to be avoided apparently. *Said Sephiroth as he rested his long blood free blade on his left shoulder once more. He was a little bit unnerved from the sudden grabbing of his leg and loud noise that came with it but didn't really show it. He'd be no use to anyone if he panicked.*  

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:41 pm
*Rosemary could feel Sephiroth's discomfort...well the whole group's and it seemed to comfort her in some odd way.* Maybe zose creatures can feel ze vibrations of our footsteps on ze ground. *She was actually gliding a few inches above it.* Ze creature did grab hiz foot vhen ve started valking again. *Rosemary turned her head back the way they had came.* Seferal different Goblin types are back zere sniffing ze scene. I don't doubt zey'll catch our scent zere. Maybe if ve strayed off ze path ve are going and valked zat vay for a vhile and then flew a few inches abofe ze ground like I am doing to get back on track, I could try to make our sent go ze false vay for a little vhile and not hafe zem be able to pick it up the vay ve're actually going? Maybe zey'll lose us after zat.

----

Mmmhmm. *Was Black's response as she started to doze off.*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:00 pm
*Before Jacob could reply, the ground shook violently. The goblins suddenly became very alert, chittering and screeching amongst themselves, until one of the larger blade goblins roared, demanding order. Immediately, they all began to run towards a large boulder, but the ground seem to cave beneath them. They fell in, howling, large amounts of dirt and debris following them.*

GL: What the hell!?

Jacob: Worm Goblin, RUN!

*Indeed, the massive worm creature emerged, shaking it's head violently as it tore apart the last bits of it's recent meal, tossing the remains into the air, and snapping it up. It gave out it's deep, rumbling call before submerging into the ground once more... Several others unburrowed, teeth gnawing at the surface. They snorted, the clawed limbs surrounding their mouths grabbed at boulders, dead trees, anything. One worm bite another, and the two suddenly began fighting. In response to the sudden chaos, more Jiluzix's Fingers unburrowed around the demons, and began to screech their non-existant heads off.*

Eztli: Yeah, probably a good idea to get the hell out of this area...  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:37 pm
Not run! Glide fast! *With that said she sheathed her blade and grabbed Jacob by the waist and chest, not really seeming to care if it hurt him much, and lifted him off the ground. For as long as she's known him she hasn't seen him fly once of his own power, so she's almost certain he can't.* How do you think most underground verms find zeir meals? Zey feel ze vibrations of things hitting ze earth. Maybe zatz just in ze Dune books, but I don't vant to take my chance. Not much iz known on zose verm goblinz anyways zo ve can hope. *She started looking for a crevice or something much like the place they hid in at the beginning. When she found something satisfying she ducked into it and hid never touching the walls or ground...just pure air. She felt something coming...possibly to check on the disturbances and it was large and flying...so they needed over not only from the side, but from above.* Don't touch anything other zan ze air und each other... Eef I am right about ze ground und ze verms, ve don't vant to touch ze vallz or anything touching the ground either.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:25 am
Jacob: Good point, that's the slight disadvantage to these mind grubs... First strong thought just 'blurts out'.

*The same massive guardian demon rushed by overhead once more, and descended upon the worm goblins. It reached into the ground with a sickly looking clawed hand, and pulled out a fistful of the demons. With another hand, it quickly squashed the creatures, ceasing their fighting with the sound of gore and bone forcefully being expelled through tears in their skin. The false abomination ate the remains, and floated off, as if nothing had happened.*  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:23 pm
*It was probably a blessing that they were hidden from view so that what happened was out of the seeing abilities of most of them. Rosemary adjusted Jacob in her arms. She held him in such a way that he had almost full use of his arms and she had none at all, which she didn't care for...but at least she could drop him to fix that if she so desired. Rosemary felt rather calm for the most part, but moderately confused and bewildered, which she rarely felt those emotions on anything unless it was during the times she pondered her own existance. 'Vhy do zey so carelessly throw avay ze lives of zeir servants?' she thought to herself. What she said next she attempted to say only to Jacob.* That faux abomination came, killed, und just ate zem like it vaz un mundane task. Nothing vaz done to try to even subdue ze beasts. Doez such a thing happen often? Don't zeir servants help make zem stronger by being alive? Don't ze magez value ze lives of zeir servants at all?

*This concept seemed to confuse her because in her world the vampire servants actually directly help increase the master's power not just with strength in numbers, but most would actually be stronger power wise because the servants gave it to them: lowly vampires (sometimes) and living servants alike. For example Veni could borrow the powers of his vampires (a rare ability indeed) and Rosemary actually becomes more powerful when she's near hers or drinks their blood (for distance). Them just being alive also helps too. And there is usually an attraction between master and servant, so even the most cruel of vampires don't kill their servants so lightly or let them get killed so carelessly. With what she said next just about answers her questions.* No...zey don't...vhich iz probably vhy most of zeir creaturez zat I zee zeem discontent vith serving zem. *She just couldn't seem to understand the concept of how careless they threw away their servants.*

*When she sensed no more unusual activities with her air and healing, she peaked out of their hiding spot to use her eyes to see...when she was satisfied she flew out and said.* All clear from vhat I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:39 pm
*Hours later, the group hadn't encountered anything else... it was oddly "smooth sailing"

Jacob: Something's not right. It's been far too quiet, and we're already half-way to the structure now. We'd better be extra careful.

Thas: I remember you mentioning there was more than one false abomination guarding this realm...

Jacob: Exactly... We should have run into the others by now. That's what bothers me..  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:27 pm
*Rosemary actually fed on their feels as they flew...drew it into her. She did it all the time actually. It was mostly unconscious. When they'd felt the twang of it, she'd take it all in, but wouldn't try to increase it like she could. Although admittedly she shared their paranoia because she didn't really sense anything to be concerned about and that did concern her. Of course this is an unfamiliar/slightly familiar realm so she figures she could quite easilly be missing something. So of course she felt like something was coming, but couldn't put her finger on it, and she partly feels that it's her own paranoia taking effect.* Zere iz zome zaying zat iz zimular to "eazy in, but not out."

*Rosemary shifted uncomfortably against Jacob and her discomfort briefly showed on her face. She'd been holding him in the same posistion for hours. First it started off as a minor annoyance she could easily ignore, but it grew and grew and he felt heavier and heavier until now she's reached a point that she can't stand carrying him like that much longer...not without flexing her arms a bit and to do that would be to drop him. She could continue to carry him for a long time still, but it would actually require much effort even if he is light for her...* Okay Jacob...Either I am going to turn you und you are going to hug me vith your arms und legz from ze front or I am going to somehow move you zo you can hug my back ze zame vay. Either vay you vill be ze one holding yourself to me instead of my armz doing it. *Either way she knows it would be difficult and a little awkward moving him since they're going to do it in the air. Luckily he's not much taller than she is (only 3 inches).*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:39 pm
Thas: Here, allow me...

*Several glowing tendrils wrapped around Jacob's mid section, removing his weight from Rosemary. Eztli in the mean time was carrying GL on his back. His fiery wings kept getting in the reaper's face, but he didn't mind... it was heat energy afterall, and he was absorbing the excess the wings let off.*

*A while later, the structure was finally in view.. and it was grotesque. It was stories high, and seemed to stretch across the horizon... It seemed like it could go on forever. The group landed behind a group of rocks*

Jacob: There... there's an opening we can get into. We'll need to move quickly. Once that thing sees us, it'll try to tear us apart.

*The necromancer then indicated the various organ sacs that would shoot out poisonous quills, the orifices where clawed tendrils would emerge, and areas on the... thing... where it had eyes. The doorway itself seemed to be covered in a thin membrane, one they would have to cut...*  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:00 pm
*Sephiroth was grateful that they had finally landed. He couldn't remember ever flying for such a long amount of time without stopping and had been so tempted to ask if they could stop for five minutes more than once. He didn't ask to be carried because one he didn't like to be carried by people and because he's actually a rather large man, tall with a good sized upper body. Not to mention he's carrying that long heavy sword to add on to his weight. Soon after they landed he put his hand into his coat and took a drink of something. He wished they could stay there a few moments before they moved on, but he found that unlikely. Remembering what the mages did to one of his shields, he asked:* Would a shield help a little against that if it came to it or can the creature actually turn it against us?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
*When Jacob was gone she let her arms slump and then she flexed them and started rubbing them a little. The look she gave Thas wasn't the friendliest of looks, but not the worst one she could have given him.* Vhy didn't you mention you could do zat zooner?

*She hadn't minded carrying Jacob that whole time. In fact she had rather enjoyed it and wouldn't have minded carrying him the rest of the way...but now that he was out of her hands she seemed to have lost that calm she had most of the trip. She had no idea what type of angel Thas was or that he used to be a Chain Ghoul. In fact she knew almost nothing about him or Eztli. She knew that Eztli was the fire angel and apparently couldn't fly without having his wings. She didn't have them out because she was afraid it would send off some energy signal and would be like a beacon... as for Thas, she knew him as being a messenger angel of sorts or so that's what he seemed to be. So when he showed up for this it had rather surprised her. Everyone seemed to know what angel she was and more about her abilities than she did. It was maddening to her and made her a little annoyed.* Vhat sort of angel are you anyvayz?

------

You lead, I follow. *She said when Jacob had finished what he was saying about the living structure. She gripped the sword in her hand tightly. She didn't enjoy the idea of going into a building of sorts with living walls because she can't go through walls that are living. No easy escape, no way out. No problems with normal buildings, but many problems with things like gore walls...and most certainly this.

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:30 pm
Thas: My apologies... I suppose it did not occur to me to mention it at the time. I forget I have these tendrils, just as I used to with my hook-chains... I supose the sort of angel I am could best be described as... a manager of sorts, sending angels where they are needed. Along with helping to guard the Void and the Soul Portals as well. I don't have a specific element like you, or Eztli.

- - - - -

Jacob: A shield would help, actually. The structure doesn't have any actual magic of it's own. We should be a little bit safer once inside, but just.... brace yourselves as much as possible for what we may see.

*Once they were ready, they ran. Several of the structure's eyes opened, darting between it's targets rapidly. Several of it's sacs swelled, before bursting open, showering them with sharp, jagged spines. Tendrils flew by them, striking the ground as they dodged. Unsheathing his dagger, he ran straight towards the opening, and in one fluid motion, sliced the membrane and lept in.*

Jacob: Hurry, the membrane will grow back!

*Inside, they were surrounded by walls, floors, and ceilings made of living, pulsing flesh. There was just enough ambient light coming from strange crystals and growths in the walls to allow them to see. GL wish he didn't have the ability for sight at that moment, however. A variety of creatures and beings were attached to the walls, too many to count. They squirmed, trying to free themselves, or attack the group. Their screams and wails were in all manner of languages. A human, her lower half removed and attached by her spine to the wall, flailed her arms at Rosemary.*

Woman: "They stole my child... They'll give her back... She won't be a breeding mother, they promised... they stole my child. They want others, they'll give her back if I give them others... I don't want her to be a breeding mother! I DON'T WANT HER TO BE A BREEDING MOTHER!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:50 pm
*Rosemary put two and two together and made three. There was still one point she was missing, so she couldn't seem to make four. Thas at one point was a chain ghoul. That was news to her. Really they assume she knows things about them just because she could hear their thoughts if she opened up to it. She's really got to tell them and make it clear that she doesn't do it all the time. The other thing she knew already is that he's a messenger/manager of sorts. She knows this because of Inazuma. Thas wants you to do this, Thas said this, Thas will cover for you. The thing she didn't understand is why a messenger/manager of sorts would be here with them...*

----

Be grateful you don't have eyes as good as mine. *She said only to him. The tiny details she could see were horrible in the dim light as if it was day. However there is one thing she's grateful she doesn't have: the ability to understand a language after listening to several sentences. That she thinks is probably more maddening than being able to see fine details.*

*When the woman grabbed at her, she took a few steps back and stared at the horrid sight. She wished she could drown out what the thing said to her. If it was possible for the vampire to be any paler than she already was she managed to succeed at it, losing even the color in her cheeks. Was the woman trying to grab at her to catch her so that she can give the vampire to them to be a 'breeding mother' so she can have her child back? Sometimes she just hates being a woman and this was one of those times. She turned her back on the lady and continued to move on with the others. She couldn't have children anyways. She's shoot that woman if she could, but silence is keen and they want silence. She swears that next time she agrees to go somewhere she doesn't want to go and the people taking her don't give a good enough briefing of exactly what to expect (like she felt Jacob did...he seems to be doing it on a need to know basis and she feels she needed to know sooner), that she'll get it out of them one way or the other...even if she has to tear it out of their heads.*

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
*GL winced, his hands clutching the sides of his head. There was so much he didn't want to hear, but it was all coming at him at once... How many of these people were innocent? Corrupt? What did the Niearcim use them for!?*

Jacob: Uggh... follow me, I know a quiet place!

*He lead them to a small cavern, the flesh sealing up behind them. He quickly explained that was normal, and they walked for a while, the voices finally fading. GL shivered, disturbed at the thousands of things he had heard in that short time.*

???: "My children! Where are my children!?"

Jacob: "All are lost, but one. This child comes home..."

???: "Merak! So it is you... I'd say you'd be a sight for sore eyes, if I still had 'em."

*A figured descended from the ceiling in front of them, tendrils burrowed into his back. His legs were cut off at the knee, more tendrils tethering him to the floor, a bit more loosely now that he wasn't at his previous height. He had a thin build, long arms, and an inhuman face lacking eyes... empty sockets watched their movements, as if he still had sight.*

Jacob: Umlot, I see they haven't moved you yet...

Umlot: A cure! Have you found a cure, boy? *Jacob sighed, and shook his head*

Jacob: We're still cursed... I'm closer, but there's still something missing. Anyway, that's not why I'm here, no offense. We needed a quiet place to take shelter in.

Umlot: Ah, mmhmm, guests. Thought I sensed 'em. Figured they'd be friends of yers, you're usually plenty careful here. Yes, m'name's Umlot. Take yer time, jus' hide if ya hear somethin' comin' in here.

*Umlot moved himself to the side of a wall, where he stayed quiet, shivering a bit. Blood began to seep from his eye sockets, so he covered them with his hands, whimpering ever so quietly. Jacob then turned his attention to the others*

Jacob: I owe you all an apology. I... haven't exactly explained a lot about Ji'Nitogrimiz, and that was... idiotic of me. I especially should have mentioned the guardians. In fact...

*The necromancer quickly removed some paper and a pen, and started to make a rough sketch. He made this same sketch on each piece of paper... they looked like maps.*

Jacob:"... there. These are rough maps. I've been distracted, after finding out about Galantros' cure for his curse... Anyway... we are right.. here, I'd say. We've passed this area already, and now we've got to navigate out this maze... carefully. There are some areas here that demons nest, and niearcim slaves may be doing tasks in places."

*Jacob pointed out the areas on a copy of the map as he talked about them... Ji'Nitogrimiz seemed to be set up in a circular manner, and they were working their way in from the outside. The first area, was the barren wasteland, the second, the structure they were currently inside. A number of paths were sketched inside the image of the structure, but there seemed to be a lot missing. After that, there was a section full of jagged looking cliffs, and dotted lines indicating underground tunnels. Finally, these lead up to circled area with "Ni'Jitogrimiz" scribbled in it... the main city.*

Once we're out, we'll come across these canyons. While it would be safer to fly across to get to where we need to be, we'd be better off travelling through these caverns there. There are six guardians, and four of them are always in the air. One stays on the surface, and the last usually stays in the more active mining areas. This is an abandoned set of caverns, last time I was here. We follow it, it should take us about half-way to where the niearcim mages are holding their ceremony. Finally, we'll head through this valley, and... here. That's where the ceremony will be. We'll have to improvise from then on, and be stealthy about it. I don't even know what happens during those things exactly, but if it involves the niearcim... it's never pleasent."

"What's bothering me is... how uneventful everything has been, except for the situation with that one guardian. There are at least more demons roaming the area, sort of a "free-range" stock they use."

"Anyway... are there any questions that need to be asked?"

Umlot: "I have one.. who are yer friends, and what are you all doing here, boy? I sense angels too. Gotta wonder why angels are comin to a place worse than hell..."

Jacob: "Oh, right. We're trying to remove a different curse one of them. He has the forgetful one placed on his head. I managed to stumble upon the cure for that one while doing research for our own problem. Turns out, just dying doesn't solve the problem. The curse would pass on... er... Anyway, Umlot... This is Rosemary, Galantros, Thas, Eztli, and Sephiroth. Umlot is a fellow mage, one I knew centuries ago. We met while fighting the niearcim, and I later found him here again. We both have the same immortality curse on our heads."

Umlot: "Least we didn't get th' worse of it. I managed to crawl away here, where nobody thinks to look for some reason. Jacob actually got his tail outta Ji'Nitogrimiz. You dun wanna know what happens to the others.. Some of them are out there in that flesh maze, deeper in. Others are in the citadel... God help them, they still have the night horrors..."  
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games