Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashta Nightrayne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 am
How annoying, Rewrite. Similar to my other one with added on stuff. Enjoy.

First I will cover the minor problems that I find at the many conventions I went to. These problems consist of the Dealers room, Game room, Panel scheduling, Hotel booking and lack of common courtesy. The last problem will roll into the next grouping of problems, such as, Glomping, Half-assed Cosplayers, Crowded Hallways, People Complaining, Invasion of personal space, and Con Funk. Con Funk will spin off into the last few topics such as, Stalking, Raves/House/Formal Dances, Rude Comments to Cosplayers or their Cosplays, and “Elite” Cosplayers Attitude.

-Minor-

:: Dealers Room ::
Now I normally do not have problem with the dealer’s room, nothing that bothers me at all. Yes there are the long lines from time to time, but that makes since when they put these people in a small room. Prices are a bit high or at a really good price. However, what bugs me the most is that some Con’s removed the Sunday sale where most items are 50% off or more. Then again, you have to watch it because one table has one price and the next has a better price, look around you might find something you like for a good price.

:: Gaming Room ::
They should invest in more airflow. Keep some lights on, yah, so there are a few screens on because of player playing the damn games, but the lack of light while playing is bad for your eyes! And the lack of airflow causes stench and sweat! EW! Also a bigger room for Gaming, some people in cosplay likes to game to you know...

:: Panel Scheduling ::
This has to be one of the most complained about subject in the minority group. Why? Well, you want to see one thing, then this other panel too, but they are happening at the same time. So a person has to choose, it distresses them. I know the con itself tries to space out the events the best they can, but people, give them credit.

:: Hotel Booking ::
All right, I have to admit, this never happened to me, but to a friend of mine who ended up having their money returned and they stayed in my room. This doesn’t happen very often and I know how pissed off the Con-y would be if the Hotel losses the reservation of people’s rooms.

:: Lack of Common Courtesy ::
Excuse me, I’m sorry, thank you, Bless You, Pardon Me, Your Welcome, or a simple How do you do. These simple things seem to lose all meaning or purpose once in the walls of the convention. People walking in front of photo shoots without as a much as an “I’m sorry” or just walk into you in the halls with out moving to the side and apologizing.

-So-So-

:: Glomping ::
I don't mind the glomping as long as they ask for your permission to do so. Because if the person randomly glomps you, they can cause damages to your cosplay or hurt themselves on your cosplay. Or live true to its definition and cause bodily harm to both the receiver and the giver of the flying tackle hug.

:: Half-a** Cosplay ::
This is a half and half subject for me. This mostly falls under wannabe Narutards being what they would call an Original Character. Or a Bleach fan wanting to be their original character.

However, I respect the people who have been working on their cosplay but couldn’t finish it 100% of the way and have most of it done. Because they wanted to share their progress with their friends.

:: Crowed Hallways ::
When you where in school, and you trying to get to class, but there where people in the hallways just standing there talking in a group or secretly texting on their phones? It was hard to get around them then, even harder in a con with cosplayers with their cosplay on. So be kind and move to the side and walk, other then that, it make it hard to get to places.

:: People Complaining ::
This is kind of a big one, because you almost hear they same thing over again. Whining about not seeing a voice actor, not getting what they wanted in the dealers room, their feet hurt because they stupidly enough wore new shoes or heels all day and not use to it, and so on. However, my personal favorite is, “I’m Hungry” but that is my inner Son Goku for Saiyuki muse.

:: Invasion of personal Space ::
Oh this is rather annoying, falls into place a lot. For example, unwanted hugs, touching with out permission, and so on. My personal favorite is this one Itachi girl Cosplayer that spazzed out seeing all of her favorite characters and kissed them on the cheek. … … Invasion of Person Space…

:: Con Funk ::
Self-explanatory… you need to shower at least once over the weekend! Aside from the funk on them, some people often put WAY to much body spray or smelly stuff on them to hide their funk or if they just took a shower and wanted to smell better!
GOOD LORD PEOPLE, SOME PEOPLE DO HAVE ASTHAMA! (I don’t, but a few of my friends do)

-Major-

:: Stalking ::
This bugs the hell out of me, mostly when it comes to the fact that your dressed as your stalker’s sick fantasy…
They will fallow you the whole con or until they find a new target.

:: Dances ::
Your dancing, your having a good time, then someone touches your a** on accident and again on purpose is very annoying...
On accident is all right, cause well your dancing to the point you need water!
Or how about this, a person just standing here like a zombie just staring at you, then follows you across the room where you are with friends or you significant other. It's rather rude and come on! Doesn't the person know how creepy that is! Ugh...

:: Rude Comments to Cosplayers or their Cosplays ::
This one gets me often, because I refuse to dye my hair or wear a wig with my Tifa cosplay. My hair is a natural auburn brown, so when I cosplay Tifa I just straighten may hair out more and leave it at that. So I get the comments that her hair is black blah blah blah. If people have read, watched, or looked at the original artwork of FFVII, her hair is a brown/chocolate brown (I did my research).

I also find it disrespectful when I hear people making fun of the curvy cosplayers that spent a lot of time and money into making their cosplay. That they look absolutely amazing in their hard work only to be shot down because people say they are to "Fat" or "over-weight". That is down right rude and you should feel ashamed of yourself for stating such things, because people seem to forget, cosplaying is for fun, not to hurt people because of such insignificant things.

:: ”Elite” Cosplayers Attitude ::
They spend over hundreds of dollars and hours to make on little costume and they belittle others who just either started out or didn’t spend so much on making or buying their cosplay. Its like they are high and mighty and should be praised on their hard work, when clearly, they are just a normal person with a bad attitude and no sense of having fun. Everything is a compition for them and they forget the whole point and make the rude comments to others having fun. So annoying…

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:59 pm
1) Convention Elitiests;
Okay, Anime Central 2009 was my first convention ever, and it made me mad whenever I asked people for help, they would shoo me away! I asked three times where the bathroom was before someone told me! I wasn't even rude. .__. Not a big issue, but annoying.
2) Random glomps and unwanted touching;
I really don't like being touched much, I'm all good if you want to hug me, just ask, but random glomps are scary! Dx I'm afriad if it happens, I could start tearing up, I have a low pain tolerance, and sometimes those fans will tumble you hard to the ground! ;_;
3) Crappy-half assed cosplays;
Dangit, cosplay isn't a cheap hobby! I don't mind all the naruto and bleach cosplays, just the ones where they don't do a good job! And the L's! You aren't cosplaying as L if you're just wearing a white sweatshirt, and jeans, I expect the eyeliner, and the STYLED wig!
4) Making fun of cosplayers for their ethnicity, or size;
Cosplay is for FUN, for pete's sake! People need to stop hating! Hate the cosplayers who do a crappy job, not the ones who do an AMAZING job, but are apparently the wrong size or race for it.

And what is a con-funk?

amanogawatea

Ashta Nightrayne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:29 pm
Con-Funk: (noun/Verb/Adj) It reffers to people/ or the person that does not shower for the corse of the convention.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:31 am
salsababy2889
CON DRAMA! Omg the past +4 cons have had some sort of con drama and it is no fun! D:<
I like the cons were it's just a few people that i know, that way drama is at a minimum *nodnod*

Yeah, most of my first (and so far only) con was ruined by con drama to the scale of me hiding in the rave from someone who reportedly brought a shotgun and was wanting to kill me. Never got confirmation on whether or not he actually brought the gun...

On the other hand, the makeshift outfit I hid in was a lab coat, ski mask and sunglasses. Decided I was a makeshift Dr. Ninja.  

Zenoth Ashaphar

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:53 pm
Arephiel
I have a gigantic aversion against Hare Hare Yukai and Caramelldansen. sweatdrop

You can't walk anywhere near most cosplayers without those god damn annoying songs and dances piping up... and with Caramelldansen specifically the 'dance' itself is so retarded that... it's just... ARGH.

I really hope the people that still think it's cute will notice how boring and ridiculous it is soon.

And I doubt the people doing the Caramelldansen would still do it if they knew the dance was from an ecchi series named Popotan xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:18 pm
I haven't gone to a convention... ever.

But I have to say everything already mentioned gets on my nerves too!  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:53 pm
Gaymeboy
Arephiel
I have a gigantic aversion against Hare Hare Yukai and Caramelldansen. sweatdrop

You can't walk anywhere near most cosplayers without those god damn annoying songs and dances piping up... and with Caramelldansen specifically the 'dance' itself is so retarded that... it's just... ARGH.

I really hope the people that still think it's cute will notice how boring and ridiculous it is soon.

And I doubt the people doing the Caramelldansen would still do it if they knew the dance was from an ecchi series named Popotan xD

Well the characters doing the dance are from the series but not the song, but I still do it even if the dance from an ecchi show. I doubt anybody cares.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 am
XAngelswingsX
iheartevil
Glomping. I HATE THIS WITH THE PASSION OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS! Not only is it really rude, I don't like to be touched, even by my friends with out warning, let alone by random strangers who may or may not have attended to their personal hygiene anytime in the last five days. I've come very close to punching someone in the face when they glomped me. And just so I don't seem like a raging b***h, if people ask I usually will hug them.

I'm 100% with you on the unasked touching part >_<. And no, "But I was wearing a 'free hugs' sign!" is NOT a good excuse >=o. Last time I went to a con, a girl asked me very politely if she could hug me, because she wanted to hug as many characters as she could, and so I said yes and hugged her. In my opinion, THAT'S the proper way to do it. And no excuses about being too shy to ask either in fear of being silly, I mean, jumping on someone randomly's more silly, I'd say =/

i agree as well. i mean glomping a friend. someone you know is ok. BUT, it is INDEED rude to glomp someone. i got a few wigs messed up because of glompers...-_- those wigs are freaking expensive~
i find it kinda cute tho. when some people ask to glomp u. if u ask...u could glomp me.
This year at AX i was walking around until a girl tapped my soldier. i turned around and she said that i was cosplaying her favorite charcter and asked if she could glomp me. i said sure and actually prepared myself. it was more like a running hug xD but it was cute. -POLITENESS GOES FAR-

xXMakorikXx

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:41 am
OK NARUTARDS.....jeez they are sooooo annoying. i understand that everyone can have their annoying moments and over the top moments but some people goo too far
i admit i am a narutard. sasuke was my first cosplay and i still cosplay him. i have my crazy moments but im not liek THOSE narutards....
OMG SASUKE!!!! I LOVS YOU SASUKE!
DDDD:< shuttappppp!! >:O
when im wearing my sasuke cosplay, a narutard(while wearing their own naruto jacket or naruto headband) willing asks if i liek naruto
NO DUH SHIRLOCK!!!! JEEZUZ!!

and to make things worse they freak out over the caramell dansen still. gawd! its so old! get over it.
some dork walks by with a boombox playing the c.d. and they freak and scream "OMG!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG!!" .....then they go run and do the gay little dance....-_-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:12 am
Ah, yeah. GLOMPING pisses me off guys. Seriously, you have no idea.

When I do my Yu Kanda cosplay there are like, random freakin' chicks trying to rape/molest/kidnap me. And that gets A N N O Y I N G.
If they ask I don't really mind, but there was this one girl who glomped me, and ripped my freaking jacket! And then she had the nerve to run off!

I try to be nice, but sometimes it's just, ugh, frustrating.
You guys know what I mean, right?

tokyoTREE

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 am
@Tokyo: Yeah, I know what you mean-- I mean, I love me some Yu Kanda but not enough to glomp some stranger cosplaying them and make a complete douche/a*****e of myself >A <
I had a similar instance though-- I was cosplaying Sailor Venus and a girl launched herself onto my back as her glomp-- I was wearing a waist-length wig, dress, and high-heels and I could have killed myself o.e
Thankfully nothing was ruined, but that's because I was lucky somehow-- Why people think that's okay, I will never know = 3=

Alright, another thing that annoys me (yes, I realize I've probably posted the most here XD ) is those girls who try to act all cute but really they just come off as creepers. Ya know what I mean?! Like, it's hard to explain but like whenever they're around guys cosplaying they try to act all cute and 'kawaii' but really you're like .____. and are pretty sure they're secretly obsessing over him and will probably go all demented and stab him later in the elevator because he says he's not interested in them.
Lol, that probably made no sense, but when I go to cons with guy-friends we get a lot of those creeper girls that make us go O__O;; and hope we never run in to later.

Also, I really hate when people cosplay and don't give a s**t about their hair. Omgggggggg, that annoys me to no end. They throw on a cosplay and think that they can just use their normal hair, don't even bother to style the wig they're wearing, or just wear a tangled mess of hair they like to call a wig. HAIR IS PART OF A COSPLAY TOO! You should pay just as much attention to is as you do your cosplay!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm
salsababy2889
@Tokyo: Yeah, I know what you mean-- I mean, I love me some Yu Kanda but not enough to glomp some stranger cosplaying them and make a complete douche/a*****e of myself >A <
I had a similar instance though-- I was cosplaying Sailor Venus and a girl launched herself onto my back as her glomp-- I was wearing a waist-length wig, dress, and high-heels and I could have killed myself o.e
Thankfully nothing was ruined, but that's because I was lucky somehow-- Why people think that's okay, I will never know = 3=

Alright, another thing that annoys me (yes, I realize I've probably posted the most here XD ) is those girls who try to act all cute but really they just come off as creepers. Ya know what I mean?! Like, it's hard to explain but like whenever they're around guys cosplaying they try to act all cute and 'kawaii' but really you're like .____. and are pretty sure they're secretly obsessing over him and will probably go all demented and stab him later in the elevator because he says he's not interested in them.
Lol, that probably made no sense, but when I go to cons with guy-friends we get a lot of those creeper girls that make us go O__O;; and hope we never run in to later.

Also, I really hate when people cosplay and don't give a s**t about their hair. Omgggggggg, that annoys me to no end. They throw on a cosplay and think that they can just use their normal hair, don't even bother to style the wig they're wearing, or just wear a tangled mess of hair they like to call a wig. HAIR IS PART OF A COSPLAY TOO! You should pay just as much attention to is as you do your cosplay!

Well, just don't shoot me, but I will be one of those cosplayers soon for my Ace (One Piece) cosplay. I'm not even going to bother to try to dress up as a guy b/c he's always topless and he has a rock hard body, both things I can't or won't do lol so I'll just have to be a female version of him. Now, I have long, thick dark brown hair close to his however I don't want to cut it off b/c it took me a year and a half to get to this point plus there is another character I would like to cosplay (Nagihiko from Shugo Chara!) for AX 2010 and with a friend. I've tried to pin up my hair so the ends are at the length of Ace's but it didn't work, my hair is just too thick. So what I am trying to say, I at least tried! XD  

LovelyLadyAurora

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:54 pm
What about a wig then?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:53 pm
salsababy2889
What about a wig then?

I want to spend the money, but I have other needs that needs the money compare to a wig plus I see no point when I have the same hair color as the character. Now if it was a different hair color like light pink then sure but for a brunette, no real point.  

LovelyLadyAurora

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:31 pm
-0-iAMtheWALRUS-0-
How there are SO MANY clone cosplayers. I mean, 50 Sakura Harunos is ENOUGH.

Oh my goodness, I had the same problem at Otakon 2008. My friend was supposed to be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, but my grandmother bought the wrong dress color (my grandmother got a red dress instead of a pink dress) and my friend decided to be Sakura Haruno (pre-Chuunin exams). I cosplayed as Midori Kasugano. At Otakon, I saw a lot of Sakura Harunos (pre-Chuunin exams, post-Chuunin exams, and Shippuden). It became annoying.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff