Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am
User Image
Hehe... I para para for exercise. XD My personal favorite is "Love & Joy".

Currently 12.5 lbs. away from goal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:43 am
Dancing is helpful and fun! I was sweating when I did Fresh Precure 'You make me happy' dance several times.  

LovelyLadyAurora

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 am
@blow out your ear drums : Oh haha. That does sound awkward.

@gaymeboy : totally. And soda is a monster D<
It will always through you off track. That's why I only drink soda on special occasions.

@cake filled love : I LOVE PARA PARA. I play that at the nickel city by my house. Also I love your avi. And DDUDDEEE nice cosplay choices for fanime.
You should look for me, on the Con Saturday. That's when I'll be the witch from left 4 dead. I'm not sure, but I might be one of my other cosplays (if I can get it in time, money issues ) on friday.
I love My-HiME !  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:49 pm
xXxbekixXx
K master of flames
I am good according 2 my friends. I am 6'1 I weight about 142. I have the ab lines but I want 2 tone those lines more and actually be more ab like right now it just looks flat with lines on the side where there is suppose 2 be a six pack inside of it. I tried gaining some weight so that I can work it out in2 muscle but my metabolism is 2 fast and I have only gained 5 pounds in the last 3 months. I even ate an entire pizza 4 2 days straight one on Wednesday and the other on Thursday. But it still won't work so I am planning on getting some protein shakes and doing some 50 sit ups every day and maybe some squats. If I don't see any results in a 2 weeks then I will do 100 sit ups and start jogging.

ok so.. your first mistake, fat doesnt turn into muscle or vise versa so your actually going backwards in progress... eating alot of protein though is the right idea. DEFINATLY do more than 50 CRUNCHES!! not sit ups... watch tv or something and id say do roughly 200 a night ( time flys and your abs are the ONLY muscle you can constantly keep working everyday without hurting something.) jogging wont do much if your already toned. your problem isnt the fat its the lack of muscle.
Yeah I already did crunches b4 but I started doing sit ups 2, so far I have another new line on my stomach and things are no jiggling as much as b4 the jiggling is almost invisible. I have not started jogging because I would rather lazz araound my room.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Suicide Skittle
@ Salsababy
Wow! We have the exact same motivation for losing those extra pounds!
Hmm... instead of water... do you like Green Tea or any other types of Tea? That would be even better than water if possible. Also, I've been telling a lot of people to look into diet sunkist. It's pretty much just a carbonated lemonade so imo better for you and it only has 10 calories.

Good luck! v^.^

@Rishiki

I'm glad you found your workout center! I understand starting at the start of next semester. Not only are you probably dealing with Finals Week but after that there is family and friends to hang out with, and going on campus is just depressing.

Hmm... Yeah definitely don't go cold turkey. My mom is the same way. She needs one bottle of coke per day or she gets headaches as well. I would suggest limiting yourself to so much soda a day and then every week or so limit yourself to less each day or even only one every other day. Then just keep weening yourself off of the stuff until you can down to as little as possible.

Otherwise just try to drink diet soda. Cutting soda out of your diet can be a BIG help in weight loss but you don't want to suffer with headaches and then probably feelings of being unmotivated to work out because of it.

@Sadistic Optimist

25 pounds in 7 months is definitely a reachable goal! biggrin
So what's your plan to reach that goal?

@Scary Miss Merry
Haha, I understand the tapes. I do mine in the dead of night when the rest of the house is asleep. >.>;; 35-40 minutes is a good amount of cardio. :3

@Genma Ruishito
You sound pretty committed! Good luck with working out as soon as your OT hours are over. Hopefully they won't make you work any more? xD

@Blow out your eardrums
Yeah, out of my friends I was one of the few that got their license RIGHT when they turned 16. I had a few friends that didn't get theirs until they were about 20-21 and some are turning eighteen and still don't have their permit. D:<<

Yeah... I don't remember which brand I get... but seriously if it has chocolate or anything on it, a little bit of sweets won't be bad for you. Especially with all of that fiber. Just keep a look at the calories. ((Again: I LOVE the apple strudel.))

Hahah EWWW, yeah try not to get clay into your tummy. <33

@Beki:
I TOTALLY HAD A BANANA WITH MY BREAKFAST TODAY!!! xD

Yeah that HIIT stuff... definitely works.

WOW I didn't know the your weight time eight deal! I'd always heard "more calories out than in, 1300 calorie diet, blahblahblah" My first thought was, "I have to spend THAT much time in the gym!?!?!!!" ((I eventually realized that doing everyday things burns calories as well but I didn't know the general way to figure that out.))

Thank you so much for all of your tips!

Oh and about the nuts, I knew nuts weren't good for you... what you said... and also when dieting aren't you supposed to lay off the salt? A lot of nuts tend to have salt, yeah?

@Chibi May-chan
Ahh THAT'S a reason to not eat salt! x3
I've been trying to cut out cheese and I guess it shouldn't be too hard to cut out dairy in general. Thanks for the tips!!

@Scientifically Erotic
Aww... well if you like tea I would still recommend drinking it. I personally can't stand the stuff and it makes me sad. :<

@K master of flames
Yeah, I would say... Whey protein? You can make shakes with that stuff or just add it to your water. They have vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors and the shakes you can make with it are... kind of tasty. You put two scoops of that in whatever you're drinking and its about 210 calories and you get nutrients to help your muscles.

50 sit ups? Hmm... I would suggest looking into an actual ab workout tape or something. You end up doing a LOT of different types of crunches and work out the many different parts of your abs. Just doing regular sit ups will really only work certain areas of your abs.

Squats are good if you want to tone up your legs, and jogging is... well... I don't really see that affecting your abs very much either.

I'm not too good with giving suggestions about toning up though. I'd suggest doing some more research on how to get those killer abs. :3

@DattebayoPrincess
Aww... I know how you feel. On days I have relapses I feel horrible and depressed and don't feel motivated for the next day.

Working gives a much better feeling at the end of the night D;

Just make sure you jump back on the horse tomorrow dear. :3 These days can happen. Just keep imagining yourself when you loose the weight you want.

Hmm... artificial supplements aren't actually a bad idea though. I mean if you don't want to take them or don't want to spend the money on them then don't. But supplements are good for EVERYONE vegetarian or not. <33

@Musical Panda
SQUATZ N' OATS D;<<
No, really. Squats are GREAT for your thighs and butt. :3 I would add them to your sit-ups and push-ups. You're already seem pretty fit by your weight/height ratio (all I can go on since I don't know you xD ), I'm not really sure how much smaller your boobs are going to get.... xD

Holidays are horrible for weight loss. About the diet; just suggest some foods to your mom. Ask for some Tofurky or whatever your fake meat of choice is. And in general ask her to buy some more vegetarian things. Go shopping with her. ((Did you become a vegetarian after you moved out? Or did your mom not get it then either?))

@everyone~

AGAIN good luck achieving your goals!! <333
Thanks 4 the advice. I do crunches and sit-ups 2 try and make sure I get every area of my abs, a new line has appeared, and I think that is good. I do not jog because it just ends up tiring me out.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 am
Cake Filled Love
User Image

XDD OMG i used to do that. back in the begining of 2008 i used to replay it over and over again. thats cool to know im not the only one that does/did that. x]  

xXMakorikXx

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:18 am
BerryzBaseball
xXMakorikXx

maybe you could try telling your parents your goal?
i told my parents that i wanted to eat less and eat healthier and they help me with it. but yeah i totally understand, my biological father cooks with a bunch meat and oil too~ x]

Exactly! Getting your family in on it (or your friends) gives you a good support system around you so it's less likely that you'll cheat.

My mom and I are off to a good start. ^^

Oo! Green tea is very good for you, that's a good place to start! I like to mix it with Jasmine tea. ^^

That sounds great~ GO GO GO! biggrin

ive heard that. that green tea is good for you. i also has Unbirthday Jasmine Tea x] but i have to be in the mood to have tea, im kinda weird like that lol

xYong-Hwauy
@xXMakoriXx - I kinda tried that before and it didn't work out so well. The one who eats and cooks healthy food is my mom, and she's normally gone on the weekdays so most of the time either my dad or brother cooks (I can't cook like I said before, I can just cook rice =_=''') But I can try it again.....see if I can persuade them into doing it.

hmmmm, that sucks lol. even though your mum is the healthy cook it will leak on you. you and possibly your dad and brother :] instead of a cookie you'll have an apple..stuff liek that hahah. but rice is good for ya too so its not all bad~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:39 am
Update:

SO i have a bad habit of not always eating the right thing when im with my friends. i am always thinking about what im eating, how much im eating, etc. we all do it. but when i end up spending two or more days at a friends house i stop thinking about those things.
well its been winter break. the first week was ok. me and a P.K were really hungry since we hadn' eaten anything since noon that day.
So we had: Beans, quesadillas with corn tortillas, and lettuce/cabbage. it was effing amazing~!! we put a quesadilla piece on a piece of cabbage and then put some warm beans on top. real good and real healthy
AND ive been on that banana diet someone mentioned earlier. it works lol.
ive lost 2 lbs

but this week (the second week) has killed me. ive been with KT and her and her parents aren't the healthiest eaters. ive been eating grapes and my sunflower seeds. but ive lost it. i was so caught up in the moments of fun i gained 3lbs. D: soups, faty butters, CHOCOLATE, and moar candy

i is upset, but imma loose it soon~ i will get back to my original schedule and will continue my routine.

xXMakorikXx

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:27 am
User Image
@xXMakorikXx: Cool. ^_^ I'm pretty sure there's a lot more people that also do it for exercise.
@FoxTailAngel: You're so lucky you've got a place to para para! >.< I have to do it at home to a CD. And thanks!
Ooh... I've never seen anyone in that cosplay before. That's sounds awesome! I'll be sure to look out for you. 3nodding

Currently 11 lbs. away from goal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:56 pm
Okay I need to lose weight as well the characters I plan on cosplaying are well where tight clothes like Sailor Mars and Sailor Saturn and I am over 200 pounds I need some advice. I am going to try and start losing weight starting Monday.

But the problem with me I am very picky about certain foods.

I won't eat most vegetables the ones I mostly will eat are Green Beans, Corn, Potatoes , Carrots ( RAw not cooked) ,

The only meats I eat are Chicken , most beef like Cheeseburgers , Some sea food : Catfish, Flounder,Clams, Jumbo Shrimp, Popcorn Shrimp.

I don't eat pork except for Bacon and Sausage , and Pepperoni

I have a hard time staying on a exercise program but lately I got a exercise kit for my Wii system so I may try and use it.

I have a Ab Lounger and use it sometimes.

Can anyone help me ?  

Senshi_Sailor Harpyia

2,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am
GS Sailor Typhon
Okay I need to lose weight as well the characters I plan on cosplaying are well where tight clothes like Sailor Mars and Sailor Saturn and I am over 200 pounds I need some advice. I am going to try and start losing weight starting Monday.

I won't eat most vegetables the ones I mostly will eat are Green Beans, Corn, Potatoes , Carrots ( RAw not cooked) ,

The only meats I eat are Chicken , most beef like Cheeseburgers , Some sea food : Catfish, Flounder,Clams, Jumbo Shrimp, Popcorn Shrimp.

I have a hard time staying on a exercise program but lately I got a exercise kit for my Wii system so I may try and use it.

Can anyone help me ?

Man, I LOVE green beans... I'd live off them if I could. Pork not so much xD

Try not to eat much processed food, but ease into your diet. If you crash head first into a diet you might end up gaining weight rather than losing it.

Start by eating more veggies and less meat. A lot of the meat you're eating is filled with fats that aren't necessary in any diet. You are getting some nutrition, more so from the seafood, but not much from the cheeseburgers.(...Ugh, the cheeseburger I had the other night did not sit well on my stomach....)

Dairy is good, but high in fat and in calories. Yoghurt and milk are much better than cheese of any kind, or chip dips.

Always eat greens with lunch and dinner, and if you snack, progressively make it healthier. Because, like I said before, crashing head first into a diet does not help, it only messes things up.

I don't really know you, so I don't know how much junk food you eat, or how you eat daily, but I know I get tempted....

I'm taking up dancing. (Or at least attempting to learn by myself.. That's not going well xD) And I'm going to learn how to roller-skate better, both will help with leg fat.

I'm basically telling you what I'm doing. Though, like some people, I get head aches regularly and only Cola gets rid of it... Which sucks, because it's like the most caloric non-alcoholic drink ever.

You should try using the Wii for how ever long you can handle it, and remember to hydrate. Yes water's great for you, but if you don't like the tastelessness you can drink tea, or get something like Crystal Light to put in your water.

Oh, and if you haven't already taken self defense classes, now's a good time to practice, you never know when you might need it... Especially at cons! You can probably practice with your Wii, playing boxing games or something... I need to practice more roundhouse kick, and my choke hold...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:35 pm
GS Sailor Typhon

Can anyone help me ?

Alright, first off try to stay away from corn if you are going to eat veggies, potatoes are good once in a while, depends on the way you make it. Eat lots of chicken, its very very good for you! Lay off burgers, and sausage. Sea food can be really good for you too.

Wii exercising is actually pretty effective, I've talked to some people who have lost a lot of lbs on the Wii. So play it a lot! But you also need to get outside when you can, it's good for your health.

Get rid of soda, and chips. Or atleast try. ( I don't know you personally obviously, so if you dont drink soda. good (: )
Try to dance. However you want, with minimum breaks. Turn on a CD and dance for half an hour! and build up the time as you get more comfortable with it.

Hope this helps!  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Kinxed

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:09 pm
So it's the new year! Great time to start fresh with my diet plan that I haven't been following. >:C

I'm 5' 2" and I weigh around 140-145 I'm gonna guess. I should weigh around 110-120. I'm gonna aim for 115.

I don't really eat badly.... I just eat too much. XD
So I've been cutting back.

Next step is to just exercise more. I've been noticing my dog is getting fat too so I've started taking him for an extra walk every day. We're losing weight together!
Also.... breaking out the ol' DDR mat. It helps a lot. : D

I guess my deadline for weightloss is June. So that's 6 months. I'm pretty sure I can lose about 30lbs by then.

Me and Salsa are gonna look damn sexy this summer. ;D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:49 pm
Wow. This thread is so supportive -threadlove-

So yeah, my turn ;____;

So I'm 5 feet 7 inches and roughly 160 pounds. (And crappy metabolism is crappy D: )
Im not TOO over weight, but I can't pull off some cosplays I would REALLY like to do. I'm only 13 so It's where I would really like to be now.

I don't have a certain goal, just healthier!
It's just hard because I lack the motivation D:
I'd rather be online then anything else :/

So, I'm a vegetarian, although, I get those days where all I do is eat crap food... I know It's bad... ;______;
And then I have those other days where I don't eat anything. Not on purpose of course!

As for exercise, I have a sword class most mondays for an hour...
I EFFIN LOVE PARA PARA. Although, I dance at random times. Like.. I don't dance an hour a day. It might be 30 minutes one day, and 3 hours the next!

By AnimeUSA I would really like to be able to wear an Ayane cosplay and being able to flaunt it XD
(lengthen the skirt thing of course!)

So yes! ANy help on more exercising would be love. and any motivational words?

All of you are just great! <3333

Losertastic124

mozfart

Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 am
Cake Filled Love
User Image

I actually find doing these dances good. o__o; I started to cut out soda, and ate less junk food. Right now, I weigh around 141-145 lbs. I really want to get down to 120 lbs. Or.. around in the 120s. My mom said that'll be too skinny for me, but what I really want to lose weight in is my bust. That's where I'll probably lose most of the weight, anyway. That's what I had heard. I have a round face, so my mom is afraid my cheeks will start to sink in.. And, I don't want that happening. That's just.. gross. <~<; So, I'll get down to 130 lbs. Hopefully, my cheeks won't sink in. ;__; I'm a 38D, and I HATE them. UGH, I just want a nice pair of B's. e__e; I want to look good for my Hatsune Miku cosplay. So.. I'm just going to start learning more hard dances (I learned all of the Hare Hare Yuaki dance). Right now, I'm finishing up on the Love & Joy dance. I LOOOVE that dance. o__o; And, I think it's a great workout (maybe I'm just too lazy). I'll keep you guys updated! I'm almost in the 130s.. SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR. ;__;  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff