Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:06 pm
Rain, Khnurn is in prime position to be Mutra's cousin. They have similar origins of a fallen family, and she's got a dead mom while you have a dead aunt. Maybe they haven't spent much time with each other lately, but this could be the event to have them reevaluate what connections they have left in the city.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Sir, do you think Eberk and Schneider would know each other? Seeing as Eberk was in the Guard, and Schneider patrolled the streets upholding law in the name of Pelor, it's likely they stumbled into each other, or even maybe worked together.
Yeah, seems reasonable. I'll reread his history later after some work and see if it's got some interested possibility for past interaction- or at least a name or "I've seen you somewhere" type of basis.

Though it does depend on your character's age, since Eberk has been retired for twenty-some-odd years, and depending on the ages of some of the party members, that might have been before they were old enough to remember things.

Edit: Yeah, checked it real quick. I liked the idea, but that would have put Schnieder at 1 when Eberk retired. As badass as it would have been if he was patrolling at 1... I'd be okay with shifting the time since his retirement back a handful of years if it would fix it, but with that kind of a gap I think it'd be a bit much to ask. Throw off the sense that he's been retired long enough to get so rusty as to count as a level 1 again.

All the same, it'll probably do wonders for the cranky old dwarf's opinion of Schnieder.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm
Arc Vembris
Rain, Khnurn is in prime position to be Mutra's cousin. They have similar origins of a fallen family, and she's got a dead mom while you have a dead aunt. Maybe they haven't spent much time with each other lately, but this could be the event to have them reevaluate what connections they have left in the city.

I suppose we could. Originally, my plan was to have Khnurn's entire family whittled to nothing. Depending on how closely we stick to that, it would mean Mutra and Khnurn are the "last remnants" of the family.

In truth though, I think it would be better if we were parts of rival families. Mutra's family's loss of success was more of a sudden turn of events, while Khnurn's family was run into the ground over the generations, like a small family business being overshadowed and bankrupted by monopolizing corporations.

Also, I took an Egyptian style with my tiefling's naming, which is to say, there was no set "family surname". Rather, they inherit their father's name as an additional first name, and a string of first names leaves whatever comes last becomes that person's surname. This means, the family's "family name" has changed over the generations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptians#Surnames

Khnurn Badru Chenzira is more or less, "Khnurn, son of Badru, Grandson of Chenzira" in that regard.

I think the rival family (as rival as it could be, considering Khnurn's case) would be the way to go. It would be a mix of Montague & Capulet crossed with Aladdin & Jasmine, or something of that generic nature, if it ever came down to it. I think it would offer up an interest tension between our characters to start off with.

Though I'm kinda gunning for tension with everyone from the get go ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:23 pm
This might turn out to be a kickass party of conflicts and badassery. Not complaining, it'll make things fun biggrin  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 pm
Eberk will probably be attempting to look down his nose up at anyone he finds out was a criminal in his beautiful city, too. I'm planning to try and make him the epitome of cranky old man, and a few prejudices help it.

All kinds of conflict. >.>

...on the upside, since we're all probably going to be aiming to save the city, you have plenty of chances to turn his opinion around. Though Khnurn might lose plenty of HP to "I thought it was a monster" between now and then.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm
Psychofish
Eberk will probably be attempting to look down his nose up at anyone he finds out was a criminal in his beautiful city, too. I'm planning to try and make him the epitome of cranky old man, and a few prejudices help it.

All kinds of conflict. >.>

...on the upside, since we're all probably going to be aiming to save the city, you have plenty of chances to turn his opinion around. Though Khnurn might lose plenty of HP to "I thought it was a monster" between now and then.
Yeah, Schneider might accidentally injure his conjured companion, though Schneider is a calculating man, so he would think twice about hurting a thing that's helping him, even though that thing is a devilish-looking dog-like creature with red eyes and s**t. This is gon' be fun.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:59 am
Taedra isn't big on prejudice, she rarely judges anyone until they have proven themselves; whether they are to her liking or not. So the hellhound companion will probably make her more curious than nervous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 am
Wow, looks like half the backgrounds lean towards evil while the other half lean towards good...

TENSION! burning_eyes

This should be such a fun campaign. >.< In other news, I've sorted out internet at my new place. It'll be set up in a couple of weeks. mrgreen

@Fish:
I'll be keeping a note of bullets, but (depending on the situation) you'll probably be able to recover most of the ones that missed. Also Merc's right, the books in PHB are filled with arcane power. A normal book isn't nearly as expensive. I'd say 10g for a decent quality leather bound book, or 1g for a simple book (aka, wad of paper held together with string in the margins).

@Felix:
Not hugely important for a fighter with your background, but noticed another error in your sheet. You have Balinor as your deity, but since this is Generic DnD, not Eberron, he doesn't exist! xd

@Applicable:
Will start auditing the last few sheets later tonight.  

joe-dude667

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:00 pm
Work is about to end, gonna try to remember to edit the book in later then. And I guess look up writing utensils or just throw out a few more pieces and assume it covers some basic ink and feather if I can't find them listed.

Edit: 10g on book, 2s on ink and quill.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:18 pm
Rain Yupa
Arc Vembris

I suppose we could. Originally, my plan was to have Khnurn's entire family whittled to nothing. Depending on how closely we stick to that, it would mean Mutra and Khnurn are the "last remnants" of the family.

In truth though, I think it would be better if we were parts of rival families. Mutra's family's loss of success was more of a sudden turn of events, while Khnurn's family was run into the ground over the generations, like a small family business being overshadowed and bankrupted by monopolizing corporations.

Also, I took an Egyptian style with my tiefling's naming, which is to say, there was no set "family surname". Rather, they inherit their father's name as an additional first name, and a string of first names leaves whatever comes last becomes that person's surname. This means, the family's "family name" has changed over the generations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptians#Surnames

Khnurn Badru Chenzira is more or less, "Khnurn, son of Badru, Grandson of Chenzira" in that regard.

I think the rival family (as rival as it could be, considering Khnurn's case) would be the way to go. It would be a mix of Montague & Capulet crossed with Aladdin & Jasmine, or something of that generic nature, if it ever came down to it. I think it would offer up an interest tension between our characters to start off with.

Though I'm kinda gunning for tension with everyone from the get go ninja

Eh, that sounds good too. Two rivals that find a bit more in common than they thought. Don't worry, my brain powers don't judge your hellpuppy.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Felix Jude Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 pm
not that i'd get a bonus from it - he's really an atheist. xP  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:39 am
The only real use for a deity for a non divine class is character building(personality and story, not stats) or Divine MCing.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Yulina - The Half-Orc Barbarian
The Audit

Could you add in her class/race feature powers like Swift Charge and Furious Assault?

You haven't written what background you've given yourself. Though a +2 to Athletics would fit well for your background so this point is moot anyway. mrgreen

Other than that could you just add in Low Light Vision + Swift Charge in Special Senses/Movement?

I just noticed that Half-Orc Barbarians, one of the PHBII's staples, have two features called Swift Charge. Lazy Wizards are Lazy. Though Yulina is done after that! Feel free to make that weapon/armour magical!

Also you wrote that history on a WII?! Jesus, that must have taken an age!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:08 pm
Mutra Bal Azimon - The Tiefling Psion
The Audit

You haven't given yourself a +2 benefit for your background, unless you want to do the Fish approach and ask me to decide were to put you bonus? If that's the case I'd say Bluff and Stealth would be the most relevant.

The only major thing I found while working on this sheet was when I came to running up your bill... I've got a missing 26g, unless that's how much the Sari cost? Just seemed a random price. I must be missing something (it is 1AM), could you give me a receipt?

Other then that, done. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Eberk Dvolgbek - The Dwarven Seeker
The Audit

For Background bonus, I'd say the associated skills would be Perception (for his years as a City Guard) and History (for his strong heritage). This is all I have to say since your sheet is perfect. mrgreen Loving the renamed powers. Award yourself with a magical item or monetary equivalent!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff