Gaia Disappoints Me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Appelsina

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:54 pm
You're in the pants he forgot to put on...?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:19 pm
HI. Uh, this got off topic.

I have nothing relevent to say, other than I live in central time.  

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:42 pm
This thread went off topic on page 2. XD;  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm
i've been on gaia for just over 6 years now. and it has become quite money hungry. all the prices have inflated so much since then i think it's mainly because of zomg and it having a huge gold drop as well as all the cash items.
i never liked the forums much but they're way worse now. i remember when the chatterbox was full of bump threads and quizzes and now it's all really stupid random sex things. even the other forums i don't like. there's way too many people flaming each other even in the writers forum when you try to give some advice someone always yells at you for something. so i stay away. i've been off and on gaia for years but i always manage to come back. this place is like my home and eventually something will happen to get me hooked again. right now it's this guild xd and finally finding a place i can post and where people are active. before that it was beating zomg and now that's too boring and full of noobs that like to make trouble.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Although this site introduced me to many thing that ended up changing me to the core, the only reason I'm still here is the Japanese Student Guild I help run. I must say, though, this guild has come to be a pleasant surprise, and I certainly think places like this will help writers and other people feel welcome to the site. It's amazing how much the site as a whole has changed, though, especially with things like the money cards they have in 7-Eleven's and Target. My, how a taste of profitable capitalism can change things in a hurry  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:17 pm
I know that's right.... I'm hoping this guild stays one of the least disappointing things about Gaia, lol!  

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Appelsina

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:18 pm
We bring good to Gaia!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm
I have been a member of gaia for 8 years and I have three different accounts. I am not sure why anymore but it kinda just happened. sweatdrop

Anyway, I have been off and on over the years and I can remember when I used to go into Barton Town every night and role-play. Now, I am kinda scared to.

Guilds like this make me happy to be on gaia. It is always nice to find some people with at least a few manners.

I must admit though, I am getting close to giving up for good, maybe. If I had not met my wife on gaia I may have given up already. As long as I can keep some time stowed away for gaia though, I will stay in this guild. I am already getting hooked, and so far every one of you are outstanding individuals.  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm
You met your wife on Gaia? Sounds like story time.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:47 pm
Haha... what would you like to know?  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

Tejava

Blessed Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:08 pm
Bleh. I joined in '07, and imo, that was the end of a golden age I caught the tail end of. Since 2k7, Gaia has grown as a corporation, and as such, has more monetary demands. It's not their fault, it's just business. These days, people always seem to be able to find something to bawww about, be it RIG's, EI's not evolving fast enough, or shop updates. They don't focus on the positives, like how pretty our pixels are becoming. Art and overall site quality is increasing thanks to the spring cleaning they did, and they do still take what user's want into consideration. It's not all possible, but they're doing their best to please a diverse fan base. It's just like real life: You can't always satisfy everyone.

Gaia has made statements about refusing to become pay-to-play, and I believe them. I like the cash shop, and love this site. I don't mind donating, but people that complain about how "money hungry" Gaia has become make me slightly irritated. If you don't like it, just don't donate. It's as simple as that. Save up gold, and buy whatever CS item/RIG/EI/AI's you want from the Marketplace/Exchange. No one's making you donate.

As for the forums... well, what do you expect? xD Hater's gonna hate, trolls gonna troll. It's common sense. If you don't like it, join RP Guilds. There are a few that I know of that offer a wide selection of genre's, and the members are all quite kind, literate, and approachable. It also depends what forums you're in. Usually the CB/GD/LI+LD are full of trolls and useless drivel, imo. GCD, RLF&S, and a few others are still literate and troll free... mostly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Well, I have to get off now. Since it would be unfair to not say anything I will give the short version.

At the time the guild was owned by someone else, but I now own it. It is the same guild I am advertising in my signature. We met there and started out with the role-plays. I guess I interested her because of the way I 'talked' or typed in the role-plays. I think it had something to do with the fact that I never used contractions. Especially with the Kenutsu character, and I am almost always using it.

From there we started talking on msn instant messenger, this being before they had a messenger on gaia. One day she was getting a phone and I asked what carrier she was going to have. Since we had the same carrier I joked about how we could call each other for free. That resulted in us calling each other on an increasing basis.

Eventually I had a weeks paid vacation and nothing to use it on. So I went to visit her in Arkansas, me being in Minnesota. I stayed at her mom and step dad's house with her. They kept me in the sewing room.

After that she came to visit me once during the winter and she eventually moved up here. We just celebrated our 1st anniversary on Sept. 17th.

I hope that satisfies you curious types out there. wink  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:14 pm
aww that's such a cute story.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 am
You had to stay in the sewing room? Lol, cute. I can imagine you two sneaking out of your rooms in the middle of the night to see each other. Cliche romance scene, but I never get tired of it (humorous scenes, not hancky-pancky scenes). P:  

Lyvidian

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 am
Daaawwwwww~ I approve! d(>ω<)b  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers