Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (3.5/3rd Custom) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:43 am
Eternality_Cannon
No templates guys; sorry. If you were to use those, it'd basically cut your power in half, all for some enhanced ability scores and one or two mundane effects (such as claws or wings, or a second head...) The balance seems underplayed, and I honestly don't see the need for them.

So my character, who has more hit points, a higher attack bonus, and more damage output than anyone else is less efficient? Good to know. I'm so sorry to have wasted everyone's time putting together a character that is so underpowered because on a charge he has only 12 attacks doing a minimum of d8 + 3d6 + 18 damage.

Quote:

Besides, it's cutting someone out of the game. I don't want that. YOU shouldn't want that.

So on the one hand my character is underpowered, and on the other he's cutting someone from the game?

I am sorry that Raganui Minamoto feels that way. It was certainly not my intention, considering I didn't look at any other characters while I was building mine. And, honestly, I really feel that it's the DM's job to make sure all characters feel they're doing something. There's no reason that I can't be charging off to kill people on one side of the field while he stays in another spot doing things there.

Quote:

Sorry, Sage, Jennibert; you'll need to make something else.

The thing that really annoys me is that I mentioned when I was rolling my stats that I intended to use a template, and it's only after I posted my character that it was mentioned to me that I couldn't use them. Since I probably shouldn't have spent so much time working on him anyway (as opposed to doing things like laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning), I won't be rebuilding him, especially since he amuses me the way he is. I'll just have to hold on to him for a table top one shot or something so I can watch him be a blender.

At least I had lots of fun building him. Have fun with your game.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 am
The craft reserve is a pool of exp that the artificer get's at every level. It is used for crafting items only.

The thing is that every time you level up any left over exp is forfited.

An option is that I only use half the exp for the older levels. Losing half to expendable crafting, like wands, potions, etc.

Then I'll only use the feats I have avalible to me at them levels. So only scrolls at level 1, then add potions at level 2.

I'll type up all the artificer abilities in the notes section of the sheet. So you can read up what I am capable of doing =3  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 am
As a side note I need idea for what to spend my money on.
I already have:
Bracers of armor +3
Ring of protection +3
Amulet of mighty fists +1
Belt of giant strength +4
enchanted slam attack +1
+3 adamantine plating heavy fortification.

Any more ideas for a guy who runs in and starts hitting things with his fists?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:28 am
Added all the abilities to the notes section at the bottom of the sheet.  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:37 am
And now I feel bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 am
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=41810
Here ya go so you can get a feel for my character. Any recommendations on items? Maybe just up the bonuses on the ones I have right now.

Will be adding in the soul eater class abilities and warforged juggernaut in a while just hoping to find a copy pastable version.

Edit: Class abilities have now been put into the other notes area.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am
. . .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 am
Mastur Sage
. . .

Soul blast?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 am
Done, finally. Monk who is drunk.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 am
Mongooseh
Mastur Sage
. . .

Soul blast?

Rage blast.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:41 pm
Mastur Sage
Mongooseh
Mastur Sage
. . .

Soul blast?

Rage blast.

Wut?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Eh, pissed that I have to start from ground zero again.

Making a stonechild Druid/Sorceror and the next level I gain is going to be a geomancer.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm
Mastur Sage

Making a stonechild Druid/Sorceror and the next level I gain is going to be a geomancer.

I'm okay with that.

Jennibert, that wasn't necessary.

Look, I'll allow stuff with one or two templates without added HD (lycans are the exception) if it makes sure everyone stays happy. My only rule is that for the love of god it's kept simple. If you want to play a feral winged goliath, go ahead, work the LA out with me. Two-headed tauric tiger gray elf? With perfect TWF, the ability to make a full attack after a charge (which gets more attacks with two weapons), and a load of other options, it makes combat too easy. If all the opponents are dead before anyone else gets a shot off, it gets boring.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Mastur Sage

I'm okay with that.

Look, I'll allow stuff with ONE template if it makes sure everyone stays happy. That gray elf two-headed tiger-thing would have been killed as soon as ANYTHING saw it.

So my guy is a-okay? Also you might want to read up the energy drain rules if you do not know them because I will be doing alot of it.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 pm
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon
Mastur Sage

I'm okay with that.

Look, I'll allow stuff with ONE template if it makes sure everyone stays happy. That gray elf two-headed tiger-thing would have been killed as soon as ANYTHING saw it.

So my guy is a-okay? Also you might want to read up the energy drain rules if you do not know them because I will be doing alot of it.

I'll allow it. Soul-draining robot sounds kinda fun.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff