Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ancient Lands (4th edition, recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm
Rain Yupa
; and the last lets you predict the weather.

All useful, but not TPK-worthy if you don't have it. Unless your DM is a jerk.

Keith Valken Lionheart
I'm not a jerk :/

Fun fact: If I held true to the storyline in L5R, in 14 years from the current year, that predict-the-weather martial practice would save your life. Oh Iuchiban, you so wacky. Also, L5R GMs are jerks.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:25 pm
Fasrogen is actually a legacy character of mine. I first played him in 2e back in the late 90s, and then I built him again in 3.5 Here is art I did of him when I first played him.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JZDqyAAI1KFU0ssFfdx9fg?feat=directlink

Fasrogen wears a full suit of chain mail and has a big handlebar mustache. More recent pictures I've drawn of him show him with shorter hair and a hairline that is beginning to recede.

On another topic, regarding Ariana: I see she shows a strong dedication to her home forest, but we're leaving the continent to explore a new land. How did she come to join us on this voyage and what does she hope to find there?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Rain Yupa
Rain Yupa
; and the last lets you predict the weather.

All useful, but not TPK-worthy if you don't have it. Unless your DM is a jerk.

Keith Valken Lionheart
I'm not a jerk :/

Also, L5R GMs are jerks.
I'M BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THAT. WAY TO LET SEICHIRO GO FIRST, WHAT WITH HIS HALF BLINDNESS AND ALL.

He still hit the target twice, if I made my calculations correctly, and scored enough points to go to the next round biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 pm
Arc Vembris
Fasrogen is actually a legacy character of mine. I first played him in 2e back in the late 90s, and then I built him again in 3.5 Here is art I did of him when I first played him.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JZDqyAAI1KFU0ssFfdx9fg?feat=directlink

Fasrogen wears a full suit of chain mail and has a big handlebar mustache. More recent pictures I've drawn of him show him with shorter hair and a hairline that is beginning to recede.

On another topic, regarding Ariana: I see she shows a strong dedication to her home forest, but we're leaving the continent to explore a new land. How did she come to join us on this voyage and what does she hope to find there?

Oh wow, you're a D&D veteran, huh? I didn't get started until late into 3.5 (by the time I was getting use to how 3.5 went, 4.0 came out and my friends all wanted to switch xd )

As for my character, I tried to kind of tie that in, but I guess I didn't make it that clear so I edited it a little. Here's what I have now:

", it was during one of these city excursions she overheard rumors about the ancient lands, and was filled with a strange sense that something from these lands was calling to her. Unsure about leaving the forests she knew, she tried to ignore the calling, but it only grew stronger. Wondering if the lands may hold some secret to her past, or some great destiny forged by the goddess, she decided to head out and see where her calling would take her."

Does that make a little more sense? If that's too confusing, or doesn't fit in with the direction of the campaign, I can change it to something different. But basically, after learning about the other continent, she felt some kind of strong calling to go there, and being one to trust her self most, she decided to go find the reason why she was drawn to it.  

Ziekara

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 pm
Well, we got a full group! Is it possible to get a subforum, or am I too noobish to get one? Either way, it should start soon. Very soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:32 am
Ziekara
", it was during one of these city excursions she overheard rumors about the ancient lands, and was filled with a strange sense that something from these lands was calling to her. Unsure about leaving the forests she knew, she tried to ignore the calling, but it only grew stronger. Wondering if the lands may hold some secret to her past, or some great destiny forged by the goddess, she decided to head out and see where her calling would take her."

That sounds great. Even moreso, the continent we're all form is highly industrialized, so there's likely far more unspoiled forest over there.

Keith Valken Lionheart
Is it possible to get a subforum, or am I too noobish to get one?
You can PM bamaotaku to make one for you, but he rarely responds to these requests quickly if at all. You'll have more success just starting a play thread here in the general forum. It can always be move later.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 am
Arc Vembris
Ziekara

That sounds great. Even moreso, the continent we're all form is highly industrialized, so there's likely far more unspoiled forest over there.

Keith Valken Lionheart
Is it possible to get a subforum, or am I too noobish to get one?
You can PM bamaotaku to make one for you, but he rarely responds to these requests quickly if at all. You'll have more success just starting a play thread here in the general forum. It can always be move later.
Alrighty then, I'll get to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 am
A question before I (or anyone, I suppose) posts. Your last words are 'more to come'. Are you still setting up?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ziekara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 am
I was wondering the same thing lol  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 am
Rain Yupa
A question before I (or anyone, I suppose) posts. Your last words are 'more to come'. Are you still setting up?
No sir, feel free to post. That was just in case I needed to clarify stuff about the setting and/or mechanics.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 am
Man... going through the characters' histories and stats... everyone is unaligned, except for the two halflings, which are good aligned.

Also... Ariana: TRAGIC PAST. Kazlien: TRAGIC PAST. Fasrogen: CHOKESLAMMINGLY TRAGIC PAST.

Rosco: Ardent of Good Feelings

Will make for an interesting party dynamic, fo' sho'.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am
Rain Yupa
Man... going through the characters' histories and stats... everyone is unaligned, except for the two halflings, which are good aligned.

Also... Ariana: TRAGIC PAST. Kazlien: TRAGIC PAST. Fasrogen: CHOKESLAMMINGLY TRAGIC PAST.

Rosco: Ardent of Good Feelings

Will make for an interesting party dynamic, fo' sho'.
It's ans easy background to work with, and the other side of the world is fulla war and stuff.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm
what, chokeslamming old ladies doesn't count as comedy?

It beats Fasrogen's old backstory, which involved heroic adventurers killing his band of thieves and then deciding to spare and heal him for no reason. Or the original Dragonlance game he was in, where he was killed by Draconians and I had to play the sivak that had shapeshifted into him.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:37 pm
Lol, nice captain of the fishing boat Keith.  

Manozz55

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm
Manozz55
Lol, nice captain of the fishing boat Keith.
mrgreen  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces