Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
[≈] A Place of Growth | Taki Shrine| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm
xxxxZayr the Iron Monk xxxx

User Image
The little girl seemed pleased enough to there conversing with him. The girl hadn't left Snow before, as far as he knew, and that made it all the more important to show her that the world wasn't all suspicion and malice. That may have been the shinobi way, but it wasn't the human way.
"Well, everyone just got an example of the military power of the villages, and they're all on edge now," the monk grinned, pulling Houou Tsume from its position on his shoulder, sheathe and all, setting it down. "Things will be better in time. We just need a little balance."

"A man's soul wrought in iron!"

"Dance upon the edge of the Blade!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 pm
"What do you mean?" Carrot asked, immediately curious "I haven't been in the villages long. I grew up in the outskirts and I don't know their history." she said, her own thirst for knowledge overpowering the need to be polite as she stepped closer. She looked at the sword as well, tilting her head "Are you a bukijutsu, a weapons, user?"  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:07 pm

User Image
Carrot didn't seem quite educated on the villages. That was surprising, even for a village which had only recently begun to receive funding for its shinobi forces.
"Well, a ninja village is basically a congregation of military forces which will hire their forces out for the sake of the economy of their nation, from what I can tell. Recently, we went to the Village Hidden in the Stone, which had been abandoned. There, we fought to prove we should be chunnin," the monk explained as briefly as he could. It was all so bothersome. History wasn't his strong suit either.
"Well, miss Carrot, I am. My family isn't really good with anything but the hand to hand stuff," he laughed, driving Houou Tsume's sheathe point into the soft earth. "I just got that one before I got back to the village none too long ago."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Carrot paused in her examination of his sword and glanced up "You had to fight to prove you could be a chunnin? Really?" she straightened with a slight frown. People had to fight to get a rank? "I graduated from the academy as a chunnin. My rank was predetermined when I joined..." she said, clearly wondering if she should have to fight. "I'm a bukijutsu user too! I use the bow though. I'm no good with swords." she indicated her shoulder bag with a shrug.  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm

User Image
The girl spoke simply. She seemed shocked to hear that it was combat tested to become a chunnin. It was even more significant that she'd graduated and had had it predetermined. And finally, her statement of her talents with weapons.
"Humbug, missy. You could probably swing a sword mighty decent with some practice," Zay laughed, looking over her bow. It was a mighty fine piece of equipment. "To be a weapon user isn't to stress things over. It's to revel in the arts that are not used with our hands, but rather simply the extensions that are of ourselves." The most cryptic thing his master had ever told him, and here he was telling it to the talented little chunnin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 pm
"The weapon is the wielder's aim, goal, the very life that sustains him. Or her." Carrot pulled her bag off and drew her unstrung bow, holding the white oak before her. She turned it slightly and suddenly it was hidden by her arm with only the upper shaft revealed "The weapon is the supplier of bread, bounty and boast. It is a partner in and of its own, with memory of touch and kill." she recited, her words soft "My father taught me all about my weapon. He would agree with your statement." she smiled at him before putting her bow back in its case gently.  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm

User Image
"Sounds like your father was just as wise as my master," Zay chuckled, as Shin'en slid from its sheath, "It's probably best for a kid like you to stay away from the sword. Does horrible things to men. Not really capable of much in means of practical things," Zay answered, as he flopped back onto the moist ground, sinking the blade into the soil. "If ya ever pick one up, remember... A sword can be the end of humanity, but it can also be the source of great passion. Something master never got to learn."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:58 pm
"That's why I chose the bow. There's a certain distance about it. You don't have to see your enemies face once their dead." Carrot said solemnly. Most people took up the bow because it was seen as beautiful and it was...but it was also a way of distancing yourself. "Most people who use bows have already lost their humanity." her grip tightened on the strap of her bag "Its only a mark to them...not a person anymore."  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

User Image
Alzayr couldn't help but laugh. A mark... That was almost worse than what could be said of things of a sword. Shaking his head, he couldn't believe it.
"That's not losing your humanity, kid. That's protecting it for all its worth," Zay informed the girl, "They might think its a mark, but you ever see 'em go up to their mark afterward? Very much doubt it. You can always make an arrow, Carrot, but you can't always replace a life."
Shin'en had felt the breast of many a foe, and even more so, they never seemed to leave his master's eyes. He'd not yet pierced a foe to their demise, but it was always possible in a fight.
"'Side, if you ever think you've had enough, you can take that bow on the road. Wander, perform. Whatever you please," he smirked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm
Carrot grinned "I'm the best archer in Snow...since I'm the only archer in Snow." she said pointedly, not bragging since she really didn't know any other Archer's in Snow "I suppose you're right though...maybe they are keeping their humanity. But its not the best way..." she sighed and suddenly sat, pulling her boots off "Is this water dangerous? Cause I'd like to walk in it...the water in Snow is cold enough to cut your digits off."  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:15 pm

User Image
"The animals haven't been lookin' too hot 'round here. I'd suggest you use the spring in town," the monk answered ever so simply. The animals looked pretty sick, some of them, at least. "Believe me though. The water's normally great, ya know?" Alzayr wouldn't have opposed it at all, if he hadn't noted the animals beforehand. He'd have to mention that when he went to meet with Satoshi in a little while.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 pm
Carrot looked at the water sadly, her bare feet small and pale "That's horrible." she didn't put her boots back on though, enjoying the feeling of walking without getting frostbite "What's wrong with the animals?"  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:49 pm

User Image
"I'm sure they're just sick, but its best we be careful, right?" Alzayr answered in such a nonchalant way, he hoped that she'd get the same vibe. It was just a time to be careful even in the waters of the land. "They'll be fine in the future, so just kick back and enjoy life. How 'bout I take you to the hot springs?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 pm
Carrot didn't seem as excited about the hot springs but she smiled, happy to have a guide at least "I hope its just a normal sickness." she scooped her boots up and tied the laces together before slinging them over her neck "That's sounds nice. I've only visited here and your temple since arriving."  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:44 pm

User Image
"Don't you worry your pretty little head. They'll bounce back no matter what ya do to them," the monk laughed, as he hopped back to his feet with energy renewed. He'd take her to the springs, and possibly a couple of joints, before leaving her to her own designs. His students needed him eventually, and even more so, Satoshi would still like to know where he had gone.
"Anything here in the mist will show you it's got three times the grit of whatever is thrown at 'em," Zay joked.

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas