Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 pm
Mackie the Knife

I was going to handle it as a Weapon Summoning dynamic array, with three or four basic weapons planned out. When I use the power, I roll a dX to determine which weapon I got, putting a bias on a basic pistol and a lesser bias on maybe a shotgun. What I'm having trouble with is actually statting out these weapons:

A basic pistol
A shotgun
An assault rifle of some kind
A sniper/hunting rifle

I put 5 ranks in Weapon Summoning, and I have a few points left over for the dynamic alt powers necessary to grab the extra weapons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 pm
Just look at the equipment part of the book, they have the guns there with stats.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 pm
Laertes Ursus
Mackie the Knife

I was going to handle it as a Weapon Summoning dynamic array, with three or four basic weapons planned out. When I use the power, I roll a dX to determine which weapon I got, putting a bias on a basic pistol and a lesser bias on maybe a shotgun. What I'm having trouble with is actually statting out these weapons:

A basic pistol
A shotgun
A sniper/hunting rifle

I put 5 ranks in Weapon Summoning, and I have a few points left over for the dynamic alt powers necessary to grab the extra weapons.
How many points per rank did you want for this? The assault rifle in the book stats out to 16 points (5 ranks Blast w/Autofire, Alt: 5 ranks Blast), and the sniper rifle to 13 points (5 ranks blast, Improved Range 2, Improved Critical).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm
Mackie the Knife
Laertes Ursus
Mackie the Knife

A basic pistol
A shotgun
A sniper/hunting rifle

How many points per rank did you want for this? The assault rifle in the book stats out to 16 points (5 ranks Blast w/Autofire, Alt: 5 ranks Blast), and the sniper rifle to 13 points (5 ranks blast, Improved Range 2, Improved Critical).

Well, 5 ranks, 4 weapons, dynamic means 40 total points. So, that assault rifle and the sniper there add up to 29, leaving 11 for the other two.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 pm
I don't think that Dynamic Alternate powers work that way. The power with the highest cost is the base power. With 5 ranks at 2 points per rank, this is 10 points. Each alternate power can cost up to 10 points. With dynamic slots, you can have more than one power active at once, but they split the 10 points between them. If all of your slots are attack powers, you can still only use one of them per round, so having more than one active is useless to you.

I would recommend a rank cost of 3, which allows for a +1 extra on your base power. For example:

Quote:
Weapon Summoning
Effect: General Action: Move
Range: Personal Duration: Sustained
Cost: 3 points per rank

You can summon (find in your case) weapons that you can then use in combat. You have 3 power points per Weapon Summoning rank to apply to powers that define your weapon. No Weapon Summoning power can have a rank greater than your Weapon Summoning rank. You can add any other weapon with an equal or lesser cost as an Alternate Power feat of the first.

With 5 ranks, you could do this:
15 Assault Rifle (Blast 5 w/ Autofire)
1 Alt: Assault Rifle (Single-shot mode) (Blast 5)
1 Alt: Sniper Rifle w/ Targeting Scope (Blast 5 w/ Improved Range 2 & Improved Critical & Improved Aim)
1 Alt: Heavy Pistol (Blast 4)
1 Alt: Shotgun (shot) (Blast 3 w/ Accuracy + Blast 2 (does not affect characters with any increase in their natural toughness)
1 Alt: Machine Pistol (Blast 3 w/ Autofire)

20 points total. A +1 Limited power (weapon summoned is chosen randomly per chart) flaw will drop it back down to 15. Additional weapons cost 1 point each.

A d20 chart could look like:
01-08 Heavy Pistol
08-14 Shotgun
15-17 Sniper Rifle
18-19 Machine Pistol
20 Assault Rifle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am
How do I determine base attack, ranged attack, Initiative, drawbacks, complications, pick my Equipment, Skills and feats? I'm going to need lists of these things if I'm to complete my character sheet. Those are the only things I haven't filled out in my character sheet.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 pm
Base Attack is 0, + 1 for every 2 points you spend on it, to a maximum of +5.
Initiative is your Dexterity modifier.
Skills cost 1 point per 4 skill ranks. Maximum rank in any skill is 10
Feats cost 1 point each (or per rank)
Equipment is purchased with a Feat.
I would recommend leaving Drawbacks and Complications blank, for now.

The Skills are: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Computers, Concentration, Craft (Artistic, Chemical, Electronic, Mechanical, Structural), Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Drive, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Investigate, Knowledge (Arcane Lore, Art, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Civics, Current Events, Earth Sciences, History, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Popular Culture, Streetwise, Tactics, Technology, Theology and Philosophy), Language, Medicine, Notice, Perform (Acting, Comedy, Dance, Keyboards, Oratory, Percussion Instruments, Singing, Stringed Instruments, Wind Instruments), Pilot, Profession, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Survival, and Swim  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm
Should I post my filled out form here so that someone here can correct me on my math? Because I keep losing count of how many PP I've spent in the form.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 pm
The Feats are: Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Animal Empathy, Artificer, Assessment, Attack Focus+, Attack Specialization+, Attractive+, Beginner's Luck, Benefit+, Blind-Fight, Chokehold, Connected, Contacts, Critical Strike, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll+, Diehard, Distract+, Dodge Focus+, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Endurance, Environmental Adaptation, Equipment+, Evasion+, Fascinate+, Fast Overrun, Favored Environment+, Favored Opponent+, Fearless, Fearsome Presence+, Grappling Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Block+, Improved Critical+, Improved Defense+, Improved Disarm+, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative+, Improved Overrun, Improved Pin, Improved Sunder, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Inspire+, Instant Up, Interpose, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Leadership, Luck+, Master Plan, Minions+, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot+, Prone Fighting, Quick Change+, Quick Draw+, Rage+, Ranged Pin, Redirect, Ritualist, Second Chance+, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Sidekick+, Skill Mastery+, Sneak Attack+, Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack+, Taunt, Teamwork+, Throwing Mastery+, Track, Trance, Ultimate Effort+, Uncanny Dodge+, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, and Well-Informed  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:46 pm
Wire_Colossus
Should I post my filled out form here so that someone here can correct me on my math? Because I keep losing count of how many PP I've spent in the form.
That would probably be helpful.  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 pm
Name: June Jones, but goes by Junk.

Power Level: 5

Power Points:

Stats:
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 10

Saves:
Toughness: 5
Fortitude: 5
Reflex: 5
Willpower: 5

Defense: 5
Initiative: +5
Hero Points:

Base Attack: +5
Melee Attack:
Ranged Attack: 0

Skills: 4 ranks Acrobatics, 4 ranks in each category of Craft, 8 ranks Climb, 4 ranks Search

Feats: 1 rank Artificer, 1 rank Attractive, 1 rank Endurance, 1 rank Equipment

Powers:
Scavenged Striker: allows the construction of a 75 point mechanical construct using only materials available in the environment. Requires one whole round to build a construct, half the time there are not enough materials to build a viable construct. Construct remains viable until destroyed in combat.

Mechanics: Summon Minion, Type (General) Extra +1, Heroic Extra +1, Action (full action) Flaw -1, Unreliable Flaw -1, Duration increased to sustained mode at cost of +1 extra PP per rank.

2 ranks at a cost of 3PP per rank.

Equipment:

Complications:

Drawbacks:

Bio/Description: June was always a very inventive individual with an incredible imagination, but she had an obsession…a fixation with scorpions. When she was a small child she had been stung by one, but for some reason she didn’t fear them or hate them. She actually grew to admire them, which affected her work in school and her career. After graduating from high school she started working as her fathers assistant, working and living out of an auto repair shop in the middle of a junkyard. She spent her next 3 years there helping her father and in her free time she built sculptures of scorpions from anything she could get her hands on. After the Zombies came into existence however, she found that her sculptures came to life and served her will. She also found that she could built them from almost anything she could find, so long as three criteria were met. Something to provide structure, something to provide flexibility, and something to provide weaponry. As long as those three criteria were met, she could build her scorpion warriors from anything she could get her hands on.

June is a beautiful young woman of a lean and lithe build, in High school she was the tall extremely thin girl that people made fun of for being thin and tall. Her hair is ginger in color, but her skin color is a natural dark tan from years of being outside in the sun working. His skin tone before highs cool was actually no different than it is now and for the same reason, which was another thing that confused people around her. Her skin was a dark and natural tan, but her hair was the most fierce ginger coloration you could have ever seen. Her eyes were a bright green, almost an unnatural green as some would say, but then again when you come to school dressed in work clothes and you face is smudged with motor oil and grease, your eyes tend to be more visible. Her fingernails, toe nails, skin, and teeth are all well cared for, but her hair is kept about an inch long since June doesn’t enjoy taking care of long hair. She’s 6ft3 tall and in the neighborhood of 140 pounds, but don’t go thinking that she’s overweight. She may be thin and lithe, but her body is filled with wiry strength. Her nose is small, and her ears are long and thin, tapering to points. Some nerds in high school said she was an elf, but the truth is she has a genetic defect that while harmless and extremely rare, has effected her. She tends to wear a pair of long overalls and a long sleeve white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She’s always wearing some kind of boots.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm
So far, you have 5 ranks Scavenged Striker @ 3/rank
Mechanics: Summon Minion, with the Type (general: Robots) extra (+1), the Duration (Continuous) extra (+1), the Heroic extra (+1), the Action (full action) flaw (-1), and the unreliable flaw (-1).

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:47 pm
How do I have 5 ranks in the power? I only put 2 ranks. And how many points have I spent total in the form? Have I gone over the limit or do I have a few more left?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 pm
Mackie the Knife
I don't think that Dynamic Alternate powers work that way. The power with the highest cost is the base power. With 5 ranks at 2 points per rank, this is 10 points. Each alternate power can cost up to 10 points. With dynamic slots, you can have more than one power active at once, but they split the 10 points between them. If all of your slots are attack powers, you can still only use one of them per round, so having more than one active is useless to you.

I would recommend a rank cost of 3, which allows for a +1 extra on your base power. For example:

Quote:
Weapon Summoning

You can summon (find in your case) weapons that you can then use in combat. You have 3 power points per Weapon Summoning rank to apply to powers that define your weapon. No Weapon Summoning power can have a rank greater than your Weapon Summoning rank. You can add any other weapon with an equal or lesser cost as an Alternate Power feat of the first.

1 Alt: Sniper Rifle w/ Targeting Scope (Blast 5 w/ Improved Range 2 & Improved Critical & Improved Aim)
1 Alt: Shotgun (shot) (Blast 3 w/ Accuracy + Blast 2 (does not affect characters with any increase in their natural toughness)

20 points total. A +1 Limited power (weapon summoned is chosen randomly per chart) flaw will drop it back down to 15. Additional weapons cost 1 point each.

01-08 Heavy Pistol
08-14 Shotgun
15-17 Sniper Rifle
18-19 Machine Pistol
20 Assault Rifle

If I change the action to Full, it'll cost less with all the same stats, right?

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 pm
Laertes Ursus
Mackie the Knife

Quote:
Weapon Summoning

01-08 Heavy Pistol
08-14 Shotgun
15-17 Sniper Rifle
18-19 Machine Pistol
20 Assault Rifle

If I change the action to Full, it'll cost less with all the same stats, right?
Actually, I messed up. Normally switching an array is a free action. Changing it to a Move action (the same action to draw a weapon) drops the cost another 1 per rank, for a total of 1 point per rank adding up to 10 points. You still need to run this past the GM, tho.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff