Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Take the test!!! :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elfman17

Partying Genius

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:27 pm
You are in the majority and your relationships will be accepted by society. Consider yourself lucky.

That is so offensive.

Anyway, the 1st said I was straight and the second said I was lesbian.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:46 pm
Meeatu
Artemesia Greylace
Meeatu
Artemesia Greylace
Meeatu
Artemesia Greylace
Is your index finger shorter than your ring finger?

-what the FUU is up with that question!

There's been a proven correlation between homosexuality and a longer ring finger.

No, there isn't. That can't be right.

It's a well established study. It's been done and repeated on many an occasion
http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/readings/homofinger/homo_finger.html
http://www.springerlink.com/content/344843127162w420/
http://www.viewzone.com/fingers.html
http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/finger_length_ratios.htm
etc

Naturally, there are studies that have suggested that the correlation is strenuous, but you know, nobody ever agrees.

Interesting.

That's an average on a possibly limited range of people- also, the correlation could be coincidental, and furthermore, even if here is one, the finger is not a determiner- Just like the average vegan having a longer life expectancy doesn't mean that all vegans live to age 100.

Of course, I never claimed that correlation indicates causality, and certainly not that it is a determiner, but I'm defending an online quiz here, exactly how much evidence are you expecting?

In terms of sample size at least, it's been repeated with samples of over 30000 to the best of my knowledge.

Impressive. The things science wastes its time on...  

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200

DeuceWilder2891

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm
It told me I was bisexual.... interesting lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:46 pm
Elfman17
You are in the majority and your relationships will be accepted by society. Consider yourself lucky.

That is so offensive.

Not really.
It's true.
People who are straight are in the majority, and are more likely to have their relationship accepted by the society they live in.
As such, they should consider themselves lucky, as things will likely be easier for them.

What exactly is offensive about it?  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

Elfman17

Partying Genius

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:51 am
Meeatu
Elfman17

That is so offensive.

Not really.
It's true.
People who are straight are in the majority, and are more likely to have their relationship accepted by the society they live in.
As such, they should consider themselves lucky, as things will likely be easier for them.

Well, how do the creators of this know that the majority of people are straight? Also, they are insulting gay people by basically saying that straight people are lucky that they are not gay. It is as though they believe that gay people will never be accepted.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:45 pm
Elfman17
Meeatu
Elfman17

That is so offensive.

Not really.
It's true.

Well, how do the creators of this know that the majority of people are straight? Also, they are insulting gay people by basically saying that straight people are lucky that they are not gay. It is as though they believe that gay people will never be accepted.

Because a) It's pretty bloody evident,
b) It's been recorded in many an anonymous survey.
Roughly 9% of people have experienced homosexual urges. Many fewer would ever admit to it outside of an anonymous survey, fewer still would act on the urge.
So that answers your first question.

For your second point: Straight people ARE lucky they're not gay.
No; they SHOULDN'T be. Yes; we SHOULD be treated equally, but we have to live in the real world here, and the truth of it is that we AREN'T.

The person who made the quiz made no reference to the future.
How you jumped to them suggesting that homosexuals will never be accepted is beyond me. But in terms of the moment, right now, when you got the result, and what the quiz was written for, everything it said is perfectly valid, and not at all insulting.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jim the Geek

4,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 pm
Interesting that such a simple quiz can determine one's orientation lol. If that's true, based on all these damn quizzes, I'm screwed...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 pm
lol on the first test I got straight, but on the second test I got lesbian XD so that means I am straight  

Ryura_Kayano

Angela Jade

Distinct Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm
I scored bisexual on both with stronger lesbianness on the second one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Meeatu
Elfman17
Meeatu
Elfman17

That is so offensive.

Not really.
It's true.

Because a) It's pretty bloody evident,
b) It's been recorded in many an anonymous survey.
Roughly 9% of people have experienced homosexual urges. Many fewer would ever admit to it outside of an anonymous survey, fewer still would act on the urge.
So that answers your first question.

For your second point: Straight people ARE lucky they're not gay.
No; they SHOULDN'T be. Yes; we SHOULD be treated equally, but we have to live in the real world here, and the truth of it is that we AREN'T.

The person who made the quiz made no reference to the future.
How you jumped to them suggesting that homosexuals will never be accepted is beyond me. But in terms of the moment, right now, when you got the result, and what the quiz was written for, everything it said is perfectly valid, and not at all insulting.

Yeah. I understand why it upset you, but it's not really meant in a way saying that homosexuality (or anything besides heterosexuality) is wrong. It's just saying that in general society tends to feel more comforatble with straight people. Which is usually true. Sadly.  

SharpenedMoonlight

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:32 pm
The first quiz is intended to be a joke? xp The second quiz was kinda "duh".

Result #1
Your result indicates that you are most likely bisexual, capable of attraction to either sex. Maybe you already know this, or maybe you have not yet admitted it to yourself. Either way, acceptance will give you peace of mind. Be proud of who you are.

Result #2
You Scored as Bisexual
Bisexual__________100%
Lesbian___________65%
Gay______________60%
Straight___________50%

Hmmm... They might be onto something there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:45 pm
I got gay on my first one. Lol.
I do tend to lean towards women and bash on guys more. I like my women... I only seem to like gay men though. cat_3nodding

Second one got me a --- *checks*
Lesbian! YAY!

Lesbian 95%
Bisexual 85%
Straight 45%
Gay 45%  

RosesandBlood

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:09 pm
Your result indicates that you are most likely bisexual, capable of attraction to either sex. Maybe you already know this, or maybe you have not yet admitted it to yourself. Either way, acceptance will give you peace of mind. Be proud of who you are.
Bisexual.
Funny because I am pansexual. Not a result for either test but it's like and is very close to bi.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 pm
Lesbian
95%
Straight
60%
Gay
25%
Bisexual
0%

Its only now I realize how bored I was to actually even try this...  

What Comes After

Tricky Prophet

6,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Timid 100

Gresley Toombs

Super Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm
I got what I knew I was so...that's good, I guess.

Gay on the first quiz.
80% gay, 50% straight, 20% bi, and 0% lesbian on the second quiz.

And boredom strikes again...  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces