Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Third Year // Alchemy Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmates
CURRENTLY FEELING // Antsy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Of course, no one who'll speak to me took this lesson...'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien took notes for the lecture from a seat on the opposite side of the classroom from where his fellow third years sat. Michelle and Adalaide were in this lesson, along with two boys he didn't think he'd ever met. No one for him to sit with. That bothered him for some reason, although he wasn't entirely sure why. He'd never cared much in the past. He supposed he'd simply gotten used to sitting with Dominic, or, hell, even Marina, and was no longer used to being all alone. Even if he didn't speak to his friends, he rarely sat by himself anymore in lessons. But, it seemed that, in this particular one, he would have to. He doubted very highly if his cousin would respond kindly or gently to his trying to sit anywhere near them. So, he resolved to focus purely on his studies for this lesson. If he had to go it alone, that just meant he had no excuse for poor grades. He looked to the teacher, listening carefully. He'd never heard the story of Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts, of his first real fight against the Dark Lord, in such detail. Coming from a blood purist line, and with an almost fanatical mother, he rarely heard anything at all about The Boy Who Lived. His parents might not want to kill all the halfbloods and muggleborns, but they certainly didn't like them. Although, he thought his father liked Marina... even knowing she was a halfblood. It was... strange. Perhaps almost losing his heir had taught him not to concern himself with such things. Damien shook his head. He'd never understand the way his father's mind worked.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Schedule: Tran, DADA, Ast, Herb, Char, Pot, HoM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:35 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

As the students proceeded to file inside of his classroom, Professor Angel’s back was turned to them as he hurriedly jotted down the spell for the day’s lesson. It was fairly easy and more than useful at times if the imagination was put to the test. Only once he was sure that every student had entered, he spun on his heel to address the class. ”Welcome back, today you’ll begin your first spell for my class.

“The corrumpo spell is a nifty little charm, which, can cause iron to turn to rust. Essentially, iron steel bars, or chains, handcuffs, even certain vaults or safes. A quick and tight zig-zag line with your wand and then thrust the point at the object—but be wary, try to keep each exact zig and zag the same size, or the spell could backfire.

“Now, I’ve a collection of iron items up here, locks, chains, keypads, keys, doorknobs, scissors—all sorts. Come up here and collect one and give it a try. If you need any help, feel free to ask me.”

Quote:

Name of the spell Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly With a swift wrist, form a zig-zag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Is there a distance requirement? Item must be within sight
Are the effects lasting? The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

[[gah, sorry for not posting yesterday, still a little sick. x.x]]]
Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:18 pm
With a thousand lies

Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise

Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»
Volare

User Image User Image
Michelle slipped into class and read the board quietly. When she realized what she needed to do she moved to the front of the class and grabbed short chain. When she had returned to her desk she set the chain down and moved her wand in a zigzag line. "Corrumpo." She whispered. Slowly the chain began to rust right in front of her eyes.
User Image
OOC:...

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes

Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Quick, boastful strides had ventured the Hispanic professor from his office towards his classroom, where, his first class of the day had awaited him. As the door swung open with the flick of his wand, a watering can levitated off of his desk and began to douse the foliage scattered throughout the back wall of the classroom. Manually grasping a stick of chalk from a board, Angel proceeded to sprawl the details of the next spell upon the board, ready and waiting for the students.

”Glad to see you again—today, we will be practicing the counter charm to what you learned yesterday, which, is considerably more difficult, the reason being, is that most people, or well, students for that matter, find much more ease in destroying something, than recreating it.

“Instead of beginning with the zigzag, this time, you’ll point at the object, and then finish with a zigzag—but when you conclude, you have to remember, not to thrust or make any essential point towards the object, because if you do, then it’s very possible that anything can go wrong.

“Repeat after me, and then, you can give it a go and begin practicing.”
After a short round of chorus pertaining to the pronunciation of the spell, he cast a silent wave of his wand which had conjured a series of iron, or steel, all clad with a deteriorating film of rust.

Quote:

Name of the spell: Inveratus
Pronunciation of the spell: In-VET-er-A-tus
Meaning behind the name: Inveteratus meaning: hardened by age, of long-lasting
Effects of the spell: Reverses the effects of rust on any iron based object
Wand movements required to perform properly: With a stiff wrist, thrust the point of the wand towards the object, and conclude with a zigzag motion
Is there a distance requirement?: Item must be within sight
Are the effects lasting?: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed, or, over time, and weather permitting, rust may again appear if unkempt.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 pm
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

Volare

User Image User Image
Michelle was first to class yet again. It was really starting to become a habit of hers. She slipped into a desk and listened to the lecture on the new spell, repeating the spell quietly to get the pronunciation right before staring at her rusted piece of iron and blinking at it. In her first year she had been terrible at almost all magic. but as the years progressed she seemed to be better at the more difficult magic while simple spells alluded her. With a quiet sigh she jabbed her wand forward and made the zig zag motion while saying just as quietly, "Inveratus" At first nothing happened and she stared at the iron, cursing at it in her head, but then slowly the rust seemed to flake off and disappear leaving shiny metal in it's wake. Before the entirety of the object was clear of rust though the spell stopped working. She rolled her eyes silently and did the incantation again. With her second saying of the spell, the rest of the rust disappeared and the shiny metal revealed a simple iron key.
User Image

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 am
User Image
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
'Cause nothing's going right
And everything's a mess
And no one likes to be alone
Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?

𝑅ichard 𝐷rage
Third Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

After entering and taking a seat, Rick listened to the professor talk about the spell they were going to perform this class. He could definitely understand the reasoning behind having a spell reverse rust. After the professor conjured the chains, he examined the chains before he went to work on the spell itself. "Inveratus!" He frowned as the rust didn't come off all the way. It took several attempts before the redhead was pleased enough with his work to stop.

----------------------------------
State: Quiet
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Cameron Rowley: Reserve Beater
Third Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Cameron raised his wand and made the zigzag. "Iveratus," he said, and the rust disappeared off the piece of iron. It looked as though it was never rusty in the first place.

wearing

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Several silent flicks and flurries of his wand had led directions to be scribed upon the chalk board that stood at the forefront of the classroom adjacent the students desk. Today, bronze cauldrons were placed at the head of every desk, which, for this class, had transformed into a longer wooden table to accommodate all of the ingredients and materials deemed necessary. Hasty steps manually pushed a cart that he had prepared with all of the ingredients and measuring cups needed and several of the rarer ingredients were already bottled to the exact increment, as well.

”Today, you will begin learning the Baleful Brew, which, when completed correctly, eliminates any hindrance or hesitation from fear, paranoia, or worry, or sorrow… And, as you can imagine in the time of period of alchemical heights, this potion was very, very useful when trying to attain certain rare potion ingredients. I took the liberty of completing the first step for you which requires a twenty four hour preparation period. Before you begin, I would like you direct your attention to step number four.

“That step specifies that, as you stir the contents in the cauldron, you’re allowed to stir clockwise as many times as need be, it does not matter, but if you decide to stir counterclockwise during this step, you may only stir eighteen full circle strokes, at the most and at the least, no more. So, you really don’t need to stir counterclockwise because of the risk involved, if you do it one too many times or less, then the chances of the potion brewing successfully are significantly reduced and chances for accidents increase, but if you do decide to stir counterclockwise—remember, only eighteen strokes—and manage it successfully, it will actually increase the rate of success for the potion. Now, if nobody has any more questions, you may begin brewing….

And remember, the first one to bring me the perfect potion gets to keep a small portion, and the added bonus of twenty-five points to your house.”

Quote:
Baleful Brew- All sense of fear, worry, and paranoia are gone, the drinker will be encouraged to act upon basic and primal impulse, eradicating any emotion and fear, and the drinker will successfully be able to do what they otherwise could not. For example, a man too fearful to fly will feel no qualms while under this potion.

1 ½ cup of Essence of Dittany
3/5 cup of flobberworm mucus
3 grams of dried Asphodel leaves
1 ounce crushed Wormwood
1 handful of Aconite flowers
1/5 cup of molten Antimony
4 Doxy eggs
2 Dragon livers
5 Eel eye
5 1/3 grams of dried Venomous Tentacula leaves
12 pints of syrup of Hellebore
6 fl. Oz of Salamander blood
11 grams of Scurvy grass
2 grams of Lovage flowers
1 milligram of powdered unicorn horn

1. Mix and stir Dried Asphodel Leaves with the Dried Venomous Tentacula leaves in a mortar and crush until contents are near powder form, and then pour into a separate basin. Stir in 1 ½ cups of Essence of Dittany, and 3/5 cup of flobberworm mucus into the basin (preferably with a wand) and let simmer for twenty four hours to let the powder absorb.
2. Pour Salamander Blood into your empty cauldron and set to boil. After precisely six minutes, drop each Dragon Liver in, one at a time, while slowly mixing in, and then let sit and boil.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, stir in the asphodel, venomous tentacula, essence of dittany, flobberworm mucus mixture into the cauldron *only* stirring counterclockwise. The thick, red and course potion should take on a thinner, smoother texture now.
4. Once the mixture has liquefied, stir clockwise as need be, but *only* stir counterclockwise eighteen strokes at the most, or least. (See Professor for Further Instruction)
5. Drop in the Doxy Eggs and sprinkle in one handful of Aconite Flowers.
6. The potion should then immediately morph into a deep and vibrant violet color, wafting fumes of pink hues.
7. Stir in one ounce of Crushed Wormwood, and only *six* ounces of Syrup of Hellebore.
8. Allow contents to boil for over ten minutes before stirring in five Eel Eyes.
9. Also, combine Scurvy Grass and Lovage Flowers in a separate basin; add the final six ounces of Syrup of Hellebore into the mixture and stir the ingredients until the solidity of the grass and flowers have melted into the compound. Then add to the cauldron stirring counterclockwise.
10. Finally, add a dash of Molten Antimony (1/5 cup) and the Powdered Unicorn Horn (1 milligram.) The potion will then spark with a luminescent glow if done correctly.

[[[[[[OOC: To determine the victor in this little contest, when you make your potion brewing post, you will also enable the roll dice, in the Post Action option found just above the Submit and Preview button. Select, 20 sided dice. Select, 1 # of dice to be rolled. The closest number to my number, which I rolled now and can be found at the top of the page, will be the winner.]]]]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm

User Image
I'd never let you go.

Cameron raised his eyebrows. He would get to keep it if he made the perfect one? Then I can ask Elli out! he thought gladly. Trying not to get ahead of himself, he carefully did as the instructions, and the professor, said. When he finished, he brought his potion to the professor. Please be perfect, he thought, crossing his fingers.

wearing

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 am
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

Volare

User Image User Image
Michelle blinked and groaned when she realized they'd be brewing a potion. Potions were definitely not her strong point. She sighed, quietly following the directions. She knew she wouldn't be getting a perfect potion. She'd be lucky if she got a potion at all. She stared down at her completed potion, glad to see it wasn't as terrible as the antidote she had to make in potions class. That was at least a good sign. She quickly bottled it up and brought it to the professor, seeing that Cameron had already turned his in.
User Image

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm
Adalaide Blythe
Hufflepuff // Third Year // Alchemy Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Michelle, Cameron
CURRENTLY FEELING // Intrigued
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Seems like a lot of the lessons in classes tend to overlap...'

User Image

Adalaide smiled as she listened in on today's lesson. Potions, excellent. She only hoped that she would do well. She didn't think she really needed the potion for anything, but it might be nice to have anyway, what with her terrible anxiety. Perhaps she could use it if she ever got too nervous to perform a spell in class... but, then, that wouldn't really help, because she'd never be able to do the spell again. She'd be too upset about the fact that she'd only been successful because of the potion. Oh, dear. That was... that was discomfiting. She sighed a little, starting in on the potion. She bit her lip a little. Clockwise, or counterclockwise? She knew that she could do the potion right if she did it counterclockwise, no problem. So, should she take a risk? She decided not to, too nervous by far. One day, she might take more risks. That day was apparently not today, though. She completed the potion and turned it in, hopeful that it would at least be done well. She felt like she might have been nervous and messed it up a tad.

User Image

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Third Year // Alchemy Classroom // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmates
CURRENTLY FEELING // Antsy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Of course, no one who'll speak to me took this lesson...'

User Image

Damien, for his part, couldn't really think of a use for the potion, at least for himself, so he wasn't overly concerned with getting it perfect. He was sure someone else would likely need it more than him, considering that he didn't know of a single reason he'd need it. Perhaps last year it would have been helpful, but today he wasn't feeling any of those things. He was actually happy, which is something he didn't recall being for the longest time. He brewed the potion carefully, still wanting to get it as close to right as possible. Once he was done, he brought it to the professor, curious as to how he'd done.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

One by one, as the students stood to submit their brew, Professor Angel smiled genuinely as he took each one without a word, but only nodded. It wasn’t until he had received the last student’s product did he finally take a moment to closely examine each potion. Some, he noticed, had the thick tinges that were nearly impossible to avoid at times, but there was one, the swished with perfect velocity. ”My, this is quite brilliant work Mister Rowley, very, very commendable, that’ll be twenty-five points to Gryffindor, and you sir, get to keep this as a reward.

“Use it wisely,”
Professor Angel grinned happily as he crossed the room to return Cameron the sample of his potion, the small vial would be just enough to last roughly a little less than hour. ”Ah, it seems class time is over, you are dismissed.”

The professor entered the classroom and set about watering each of his plants, there wasn’t any sort of direction written on the board like there usually was for class that day. He waited patiently for each of his students, they had gone over just about everything they had needed to this year and he decided it would be a brilliant time to review what they had learned thus far.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm

User Image
I'd never let you go.

Cameron walked back to his desk, fingers crossed behind his back until all the potions were checked. He watched the professor observe one with close attention. It's mine? No, he must have heard wrong. However, the professor was looking straight at him. It is mine! Hesitantly, Cameron stood up and walked over to the man. "Thank you, Professor Angel. I will." A small smile formed on his lips as he realized he got to ask out Elli.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items