Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Alchemy II ~ (1/5) Open! (Nicholas Flamel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya walked happily into the alchemy classroom and of course nearly died of happiness seeing the professor...meaning she was happy to be back in class of course! Right, yeah. She chose her seat and waited for her usual friends to come in while taking out a roll of parchment (this class usually took up one or two) and one of her more comfortable handled quills before she blinked and realized the professor was going to move on towards the lecture without any review. Gods one more thing to like about this man, why couldn't she have been in Ravenclaw? Then she nearly groaned and fell out her chair in despair when she found out they were merely going over Nicolas bloody Flamel, again! Jeebus after the past year or so she felt like she could write a book about this man! After she wrote down virtually every word of the lecture, and then rubbing her hand from writing too fast, she heard him ask for questions and rolled her eyes when David's was one of the first up. She would tune out and start daydreaming had she secretly not wanted to know the answer. It was ruddy infuriating!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: Alchemy classroomWith: David and classThinking: Ugh, it's speaking againOOC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:53 pm
Claire Alexandrie
Slytherin ** Fourth Year ** Quidditch Player

User Image
"Broken...So Broken,
broken bird sings and calls.
Watch me fall down more and more,
Deeper and deeper I drown.

Claire walked into Alchemy with a slightly dour expression, she had stayed up all night again and she just felt out of it completely, at least it was time for classes and she could take her mind off herself and her situation.

Taking a seat near the back of the classroom Claire tried her hardest to pay attention to the lecture that was currently going on, she needed to pay attention...just....try to hold it together. Though on the outside she seemed as doll-like as ever, on the inside she was an utter wreck.

Nicholas Flamel, she had read about him...or rather heard about him, she wasn't exactly sure but he did create the Philosopher's stone....right? Listening to the lecture Claire nodded, yup, questions...did she have any? That's when David spoke up and Claire listened, that...was a rather interesting question. As expected from a Ravenclaw.

My feelings? I'm un-eased you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Focus Claire...focus...Distract yourself."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a fourth year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into the classroom, taking a seat to himself, not really feeling this class as soon as he figured out it was a lecture time. He decided to commit everything to memory for now. He had a decent enough memory that he could get away with that for now. He knew that he couldn't do it every class, but he knew that he this was about Nicholas Flamel, a man in which he had already did extensive reading on. So, he just could sit back and chill for the day, because he already knew everything about it.

David League did present an interesting question though...for once. It always seemed like the kid was either arguing or acting the know it all, but for once, League presented the class with something worth while and definitely worth listening to get the answer. Theo was always intrigued by those kind of point of view questions because it was where subjectivity came in and it was where one could form their own opinion based off of the opinion of others.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am
User Image
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 <3
With : <3 <3
Who : <3 <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire sat in class and listened. As they were asked for questions she stopped writing notes and looked up as David asked an interesting one. But also, one that probably wasn't known the answer too. "Honestly David, I don't think Flamel would have written down his view on enlightenment. Unless we could have his ghost in Hogwarts for a day, there is probably no way to know. And Enlightenment is different for each person... You are basically asking how to determine that he got to the enlightenment that he thought it was...." She sighed. She was scribbling down the rest of the notes from the class. Even if they did know all there was to know about the man. But soon Professor Angel would respond. possibly to her own reaction as well, but she didn't care. She was bored, and David's question was ruddy ridiculous.

Fourth year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:17 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Annoyed
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: I swear, if they start arguing...
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Fourth Years
While your smile is finally extinguished: Alchemy

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie took dutiful notes, still unsure of her feelings for this particular subject. She tried to tune out Sapphire's voice, having a feeling an argument was about to ensue. Did the blonde girl enjoy fighting with other people? Sure, when Elsie was riled up enough she derived some small satisfaction from going back and forth snapping at Morven, but that was rare now, since she just avoided her sister lately.

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Albus Dumbledore
╚══════════════╝

”Ah, brilliant question, my lad.” He bobbed his head up and down in a fast paced nod. ”While Miss Snow does prove a point, it would be rather shortsighted of me to claim to know the exact answer. Flamel is an ingenious man, and while I cannot explain his exact line of thinking, I can, however, speculate. Because just imagine, the possibility of longevity and all of the wonder and ruin he could have discovered, could have created. Just stop and think about it: the gold, the power, the honor, and prestige... But I believe his pursuits, his ideals, were to better the human race, not just wizards, but the world, as a whole. His experiments have always been.. daring. But not once had he ever succumbed to its greed, had ever used it for the sake of using it. In retrospect, he could be Minister for Magic, could be ruler of the world, if he had even so wanted it...

“But no, he believed in knowledge, in pursuits of the heart and the mind combined. But I do believe he realized that, as a whole, we weren't ready for truth. In fact, it was his very decision to destroy the stone. To ensure no one could use it for the ill it could bestow.

“In its theoretical manifestation, alchemy is based solely on the ideal of discovering the 'quintessence.' Now, the definition roughly refers to the “fifth element”, the ultimate substance that makes up the heavens, the purity, the essence, and meaning of life. Not just knowing, but understanding why. The true pursuit of enlightenment is just that; knowledge of the here and now and knowledge of what's to come in the afterlife.”
                                                        He nodded. ”Ten points for Ravenclaw, now, if that answers your question, you may all be dismissed. Oh- and don't forget to read up on Albus Dumbledore for our next lesson!”

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The next lesson, he waited for the students to gather in the seats before he began. ”Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into class and took a seat, wondering what they would be learning in one of the classes he favored. He loved Alchemy, just because its integration of History and also wandwork. It had a perfect balance that he had, in just a few years, learned to love. He did get his notebook out, ready to write down anything that Professor Amorocho had said. And as soon as he learned that they were learning about Dumbledore, Theo put his writing utensil down, already knowing enough about the man. Dumbledore was a very, very famous wizard and he seemed to be everywhere in all the textbooks; so truthfully, he didn't need to know much more about him.

He didn't really have anything to say either; so all he did was sit back and wait for the others to say something. He hoped somebody had some kind of useful insight on the idea because he sure as h*** didn't. He wished he did so he could maybe get some points for his house, but he honestly didn't/

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:38 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth
Wearing: His Uniform
Dating Leonette Mitchell

David hadn't been surprised that Sapphire was so quick to try to pick a part his question. Why was he not surprised? He had given a question that went beyond what would be necessary to know for the OWLs because he actually was honestly curious about the mindset of the alchemist and Sapphire would be as argumentative and rude as ever. At least one of his comments didn't cause nearly as many rolled eyes as usual David figured. Leaning forward when the professor began to answer, David listened in interest and nodded when Professor Amorocho answered fairly in depth though he had no apparent definitive answer. Well, at least he got points for his house for participating and actually contributing something beyond short textbook answers to a class. He smiled slightly in thanks and stood when dismissed and gave the professor a polite nod before he left.

---------------------
There are a lot of facts about Albus Dumbledore what exactly is he looking for?

David entered the classroom like normal and sat near the front as was his typical habit and listened as the lecture-one of many lectures-discussed Albus Dumbledore and all his greatness and feats. He tapped his quill on parchment and let out a bit of a sigh when Professor Amorocho asked for any other relevant facts to add and also asking for opinions. There was a lot of facts David could think of in regards to Albus Dumbledore but he just didn't see what direction the professor was looking for things to go really and decided not to bother saying anything on the subject. Maybe someone else would come up with something?  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya barely had time to sit down before the handsome professor launched into a lecture about Albus Dumbledore. She wrote down everything that she was sure might actually be of use, and knowing her luck all of it, When he instructed them to either tell another fact or ask a question she thought back to some readings she had done in History and tentatively raised her hand. "Didn't Dumbledore also have a relationship with Grindelwald? Like, a sexual relationship? Before he went bonkers I mean." she asked with a sheepish grin.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: Alchemy classroomWith: ClassThinking: I'd ship itOOC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:35 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson One: Nicholas Flamel
Thursday, Block Two, 9:00am to 9:45am

╚══════════════╝

___”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Amorocho. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone, as you should all remember, was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much so that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any comments or questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~14|Fourth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo walked into Amorocho's class, ready to learn. Iñigo was okay at the course. He wasn't bad...he wasn't excessively good either though. He still enjoyed it nonetheless. He did wonder what was in store for them during this class. Probably a lecture truth be told. It seemed that he always started with a lecture. It was a good start for the classes because the fact that it didn't head into the course topics too fast and it eased them into the new school year.

And as soon as the lecture started, he found his speculation to be true. He started talking about Nicholas Flamel, who according to the professor was one of the greatest Alchemists to ever have lived. Iñigo was skeptical at first to say this, but then after the lecture, Iñigo remembered that he was the creator of the Philosopher's Stone, which by all means threw every single ounce of skepticism in him out of the window. The fact that he was able to create such a powerful stone was amazing to say the least.

At the end of the lecture...after taking all the notes, Iñigo found that he had no questions for once. So, he just sat there and waited to see if anyone had one.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Alchemy (Thursday 9:00am - 10:00am)

Jasper always looked forward to Professor Amorocho's class. It was a fascinating subject which confused Alice whenever he talked about it. Regardless of that he arrived on time for the lesson, took a seat and removed his stuff to take notes. When class got underway he did just that taking detailed notes on Nicolas Flamel. The alchemist was so well known and talking about that he probably could have gotten away with simpler notes then he did. However Jasper never felt it right to write notes that weren't extremely detailed. At the end of the lesson it was surprising to him that Iñigo didn't have any questions then again neither did he so he really couldn't say much on that.

With: Class

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:10 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine took a seat quickly and awaited the lesson to begin. She had rather liked alchemy last year, it was an interesting subject to Lexine, no matter how odd some others may find it. She rolled a quill between her forefinger and thumb and before she knew it Professor Amorocho started their lesson on Nicholas Flamel. She wrote out her notes carefully as he spoke of Flamel. Once asked if they had any questions Lexine simply looked down at her desk, having no questions herself. It seemed that neither Iñigo nor Jasper had any either...

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson One: Nicholas Flamel

╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone, as you should all remember, was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much so that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:18 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson Two: Albus Dumbledore

╚══════════════╝

The next lesson, he waited for the students to gather in the seats before he began. ”Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas