Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/First Year/Single/Pureblood

Yvette smiles and nods quietly, getting back to her chapter on Orion.. she was about finished with it anyway, so she reaches down to grab her Charms book and read up on the rest of the spells they would be learning for class. Glancing to Night's book, she tilts her head and smiles slight and small. "... Which potion are you studying? I want to look up the Wiggenweld Potion, since it's the next one on the syllabus.. Do you have any favourites?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:06 pm
User Image
Night Yamamoto

Night's hand moved furiously across the parchments as he scribbled notes, rewrote and underlined important numbers, then wrote where the potion would most likely go wrong in a notebook. If someone else looked at the parchment, they would see nothing but chaos. To Night however, this was organized chaos, since he knew where everything were and whatnot. "I'm going over Wiggenweld potion at the moment, since, as you said, we would be studying that next," he replied. "My favorite would be the one that didn't explode on me, which was the Boil-Cure potion." Though some odd fume was created, which might've been hazardous. He wouldn't know, since Night didn't stay near the cauldron to find out.

Well all need someone to rely on. That's why I'm here.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:13 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

A quiet giggle, and she looks back to her textbook to turn the page. ".. I like the Forgetfulness Potion... It seems like it would be the most useful.. Unless, of course, you drank it by mistake.. But who would make such a clumsy fumble, I don't know..." Her eyes scanned the page quietly, easily committing the spells to memory. Charms was a strong suit of hers, after all, and most of what was written was common sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image
Night Yamamoto

The forgetfulness potion was useful indeed, under certain circumstances. Drinking it before an exam would put the person under a disadvantage, since they could forget everything learned in that class, or simply what they ate during breakfast. On another note, one could easily administer this potion to their peers in an attempt to foil others' grades, or something similar to that. Night trusted such events to be rarer than finding gold in a trashcan though, so he didn't worry. "Well... Let's say someone forgot to label their vials, or mislabeled them. We can assume that there is a potion whose color is similar to that of the forgetfulness potion, so putting them next to each other, it would be hard to identify which is which. Unless, of course, other methods are used to try and put a name on each vial." With a chuckle, Night continued. "If someone could mistake an addition sign for a subtraction sign, I think someone would also drink the potion by mistake."

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

".. I guess any of those things could happen... I would just hope that the person would be more careful, especially if that person was me." She grins small and quiet, closing her book absently. It seemed as if she couldn't concentrate much anymore, although she felt that she had studied enough anyway. "Do you have any plans for when you're finished studying? It's still a couple of hours until dinner..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 am
User Image
Night Yamamoto

A small chuckle escaped Night's lips. "I'm sure you wouldn't have to worry about it," he said. For someone as organized as she, mislabeling or forgetting to label the vial should be very rare. "I don't have any plans, no." Well, Night usually had no plans whatsoever. He usually would just lay around the Ravenclaw common room, reading some random books until it was time for bed. Not exactly an exciting routine, but it works?

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:12 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Yvette smiles quietly, tilting her head. ".. Maybe we can hang out at the Clocktower Courtyard for a little while? I hear it's a pretty spot, but I've never really been there.. Do you want to? It would be nice to get some fresh air.." She didn't want to seem too pushy or anything, but she thought he seemed kind of nice person to hang out with. 'Besides, it'll be nice to actually make a friend,' she thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny walked into the library her mind reeling at all the books. Some flying around and putting themselves back. She walked over to the study area and took an empty table. Placing her bag on top, she pulled out her parchment and quills. Taking out her core books as well to study with, She stacked them in order of what she wanted to work on and then looked around. She of course had beaten Rick there but she was unsure of how long I would take for him to get there. Pulling our River, she placed the rat on the table to look around. "Don't nibble on any of the books this time or you will go back up." She warned the critter as the plump rat sniffed the the edge of one of her text books.

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:56 pm
User Image
You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick entered the library and wanted to collapse. That had to be the hardest letter he had to write to his father, ever. Not that his dad would blame him, but just... Well, he was so worried about Rick for the past two years, and now he had to worry about Jacob's safety as well. If anything, he was quite sure his dad would go crazy from worrying about everything all the time. He certainly had to worry about a lot at work anyway. Glancing around, he saw Penny at a table and went over to grab several books from the shelves. He then walked over to the table and set the books down, placing his bag next to him on the floor. "Well, I guess I get to find out how my father reacts to the news. I'm pretty sure he's not going to like hearing it." He looked over Penny's books, wondering what she was working on. "So which class is your assignment for? Maybe we could help each other out."

----------------------------------
Thinking: Hmm, maybe I can get that essay I need for class done as well...
OOC: ...

Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny started to the header of her parchment when Rick came up to the table. "I do hope your brother will be okay." She said with concern. Looking back to her paper she explained what she was working on, "Well I'm doing my Mythology homework on Godric Gryffindor's sword, what do you have to work on?" She asked pondering why it was always about the bloody Gryffindors. Slytherin and Ravenclaw really should get more credit for the work they did.

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 pm
Diamond Wales
User Image
You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick blinked at the paper and then looked at his own books. Definitely a lot of books on Law, that was for certain. His father and uncle might be in the field, but he wasn't. What exactly had possessed him to take the class again? He shifted a bit, trying to figure out a good way to explain his assignment. "I'm currently doing something for Wizard Law. Mostly trying to determine interactions from when wizards are in a muggle court setting. It's, um, kind of a dry read." His definition of a dry read and Penny's might differ, though. He'd read through Hogwarts, A History back in first year, whereas most of his peers probably didn't even bother with it. Then again, he had to find something to occupy his time when he had spattergroit, right? "Well, it's not that bad, to be honest. Better than War and Peace. I tried reading that. It took me five or six months to get through it." He then looked a bit sheepish for saying this one. "And thanks, you know, for hoping that. He'd probably be glad to hear that someone misses him." Not that Jacob had any issues with making friends. He'd been the one that had no trouble. If anything, he bet his friends were on their way to talk to him.

Thinking: Okay, so maybe it took a bit longer than I thought to read that book.
OOC: ...

Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image

User Image

Penny reached over for his book and picked it up thumbing through. Penny was the type to read but she only read what she needed, wizard law was so far not high no the list, though knowing someone who was familiar with it was not a bad idea."It looks interesting but might be hard to get through."She said with a smile."I actually have made it through war and peace, I enjoyed it though it is a hard book to get through. It I find merit in the subject I can make it through any book. Well I don't mind helping if you want me to look up anything for you." She offered, seeing a little rat tail out of the corner of her eye trying to get into Rick's bag. She quickly snatched her up, "this is River watch out she might chew on your things if you don't catch her." She warned pulling her over and placing her on the table with a treat.

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:46 pm
User Image*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor smiled at the pat on his back, he wasn't used to really having any friends, but this was nice.

He then put the books down on one of the tables as he sat down at it, staring at all the tomes, "You know...that's a good point. I guess there would be more interesting things than a stick down there."

He then took one of the books in his pile, and started to glance through it, "....Hm..." As he read he smiled, "Well...There are lots of things in water apparently."

Victor then frowned as he read more about the Grindylows, "...Well, I don't feel like drowning, that's for sure."

Mood: Studious
Thoughts: ...Drowning would be a horrible way to go.
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: ))

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:37 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
"Probably, though I wonder what they do all day. Or if the lake has any underwater caves? I doubt it would have any sunken ships, but a cave system would be pretty neat," Yesenia said, going through a list of things she found interesting underwater. "Well obviously! Imagine how much stuff must end up in a deep lake like that, untouched, except for whatever normally lives there... Various species... Lost items like rings or bookmarks..." she said. Somewhere in her rant she had started daydreaming until she poked herself back awake. "But yeah, drowning would be a terrible way to go," she commented, clearing her throat. She picked one book about sharks and nearly yelped, instead she fell over backwards, the book remaining open to the page she had left it at, a picture of a shark muggly known as the Goblin Shark. "Sorry..." she whispered, slowly getting up while rubbing her head, putting the chair back in its place and then sitting down it in again. She pushed the book away, and started looking in another one, blushing furiously.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc: Sorry, I thought I replied but I must've typed it out and forgotten to send it again...]
Beginning Guitar Bass the Rabbit Status

Squeeky Luff

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 pm
User Image*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor nodded, "A cave system would be great, probably have lots of things in them." He then giggled at Yesenia's enthusiasm, it was quite infectious, "I read somewhere about a charm that lets you go underwater..."

Victor then took out a book on charms he had picked up earlier in the day and started to scan it, "Ah...it's higher level, but it's called the...bubble head charm." He then flinched and dropped the book he was holding at Yesenia's slight yelp, "What was that?"

Victor then noticed the picture of the odd shark, and shuddered, "Hopefully that isn't in the lake."

Mood: Startled
Thoughts: That shark's ugly as sin...
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: It's quite alright~ c: ))

TakaiOokami

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers