Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:43 pm
Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread
I just wanna be laughed at, laughed with
Just because I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough
But I'm stuck in this stupid rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Third Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: eager] [thinking: The Ollivanders...] [with: Third Years] [at: History of Magic]

Uriel somewhat eagerly raised his hand. "We learned about the Ollivander family. The last Ollivander to own their shop remembered each wand he ever sold, sir." He liked history, unlike his younger siblings. It was never boring for him. The past was more interesting than most people thought.

I don't wanna dream anymore.

I'm over, getting older
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching
While the minutes pass and I go nowhere
And this is my reaction to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy
I don't want to waste another minute here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:33 pm
User Image
CLAIRExx HALL
3ʀᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxxʜᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ

ωᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪᴛ sᴀғᴇ, ᴏʀ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴏʟ________________________
________________________ƒơʅʅơɯ ƭɦє Ł£ΛƊ£Ŕ, σŗ ɱąҡε ųþ ąℓℓ ŧɧε ŔŪŁ£Ş,
ʷʰᵃᵗᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᶰᵗ, тнε cнσıcε ıƨ чσυяƨ,_________________________
____________________________sᴏ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ

ttire: [x]
xxood: Sassy
xxxxocation: History of Magic Class
xxxxxxompanions: Students and Professor

Subjects learned last year..? Was that a joke? Claire almost burst out laughing when Professor Powell had said that. His substitute was a mess, worse than a mess. He was crabby, old, rude and inspired Claire to rue the class with a passion, which was something very few people could ever do because she was the kind of girl to see the good in even the worst of people. But the fact of the matter was that Claire had nothing to contribute to this discussion unless Powell wanted to hear her complaints, so instead she lowered her head and focused on the blank page in front of her. With luck, Powell wouldn't even call on her.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 am
User Image
User Image

I woke up it was 7. I waited till 11, just to figure out that no one would call.
I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them. What's another night all alone?
When you're spending everyday on your own... And here it goes,

Hunter winced as he remembered last years history class. Not only did the teacher like him but Hunter made a blunder in thinking that he was the one that was cursing all the muggleborns. It was a mistake Hunter did not want to make again.

I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare. I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair.
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is having more fun than me tonight.

What the f*ck is wrong with me? Don't fit in with anybody. How did this happen to me?
Wide awake I'm bored and I can't fall asleep, and every night is the worst night ever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sitting at his desk, Edajin remained silent, trying to think on what they had learned last year. Not a lot that he could remember, anyway.. Uriel had already gotten the Ollivander family.. What else had they learned? Shrugging it off, Edajin resigned himself to sitting quietly. It was better that way, anyway.

With: The Class

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 am
User Image
                                                User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
                                                "Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

----------------------------------
                                                Location: History of Magic classroom
                                                State: Teaching
                                                OOC: ...
                                                ----------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:51 am
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Uniform]

First class of my second busiest day of the week.

Ronna never particularly minded History of Magic. Or she should say, she never particularly minded the subject. Her first year the substitute professor was basically an incompetent buffoon on a power trip who essentially made it a learn on your own class, which wasn't completely horrible she supposed as a first year because the topics were more basic, but she wondered how the upperclassmen felt. She actually sort of liked History of Magic as history was interesting-Hell, the only things of interest really for her to go to back home were historical, like the Dover Museum, the castle at Dover, the White Cliffs of Dover, and her hometown (Hawkinge's) museum about mostly WWII planes and air raids. She felt like she had to develop some interest in history just not to go mad back home, so she did. She doubted she'd continue the course after her OWL years, but still, it wasn't a bad course.

And, she was happy to see that the regular professor from last year was teaching this year too, as it made class more useful, and she hated what she considered incompetent authority figures, especially one's with power trips. Or was it the other way around? Did it matter? She smiled as Professor Grayson asked for students to answer what they had learned the year before and to cover only one topic. She raised a hand and said, "We discussed the Ollivander family history and their hand in British wandmaking..." She paused and realized she hadn't initially about the discussion about wandmaking and wandless magic that turned into an argument between Jer and Dmitri and Dmitri-or the Russian as her subconscious still called him often- making some sort of derogatory comments toward her in Russian and having some issue with her father being a police officer and her ever mentioning it.

In the back of her head she thought, God, don't let an argument start from that... and please don't have him thinking negatively about me because I spoke up when those two were arguing... and the Russian was being a complete prat. And, Hell, Jer and I hadn't even settled our differences over detention in first year and I thought that.

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable in Historyspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What, seriously? Of all the reviews...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy slunk into the History classroom, trying very hard not to draw attention to herself. She really did not like History. The professor was nice enough, she supposed, especially when one compared him to the guy they'd had first year, but it didn't make history any less boring. She sighed, and for once, didn't contribute to the review. Other classes, she'd spoken up in. This one... she would rather fall asleep. Or draw. She took out her parchment and began doodling, hoping it'd go unnoticed. She didn't want to get in trouble, after all. At least, not in class. And, if she understood correctly, Professor Powell was one of the few professors she'd have from the start of her Hogwarts career to the end (or rather, fifth year, which is when she was dropping this class). She didn't want to make the man hate her or think of her as trouble.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: bored} {thinking: ...} {with: Third Years} {at: History of Magic}

Jess hated this class. It was a total snooze fest, and she couldn't handle it. She and Toby usually just took turns copying each other's mediocre notes and doing the bare minimum amount of work. She sat next to a doodling Gypsy, slumped in her seat, a barely there look in her brown eyes. She barely heard the professor, too caught up in a daydream to pay attention.

They can't rain on my parade, I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:11 am
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: awkward] [thinking: Jess!] [with: Third Years] [at: History of Magic]

Toby had a feeling Jess was going to doom both of them with that dazed, totally not paying attention look in her eyes. He hastily raised his hand, even if he really didn't want to. "Uh, last year we learned about the Deathly Hallows too, and um...." he struggled to remember correctly. "They were supposed to have been created By Death himself and he gave them to these brothers... The Elder Wand, The Stone of Resurrection, and the Cloak of Invisibility." There! He'd gotten all three, even if he didn't remember anything else.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 am
User Image

xxxxxIf there was one thing that Lindsay Hay knew about history, it was that history of magic was far more interesting than muggle history. It still wasn't the most interesting thing in the world, but it could certainly be worse. The boy walked into the class and took his seat. It was the middle of the week. Who knew how many of his classmates would show up? The professor was asking what they had learned. Review was so pointless. People couldn't remember that much. Lindsay struggled to think of some of what they had learned. The Ollivanders and Deathly Hallows were already mentioned. What else was there? Finally, something came to him. "We also learned aboot Beedle the Bard," the boy said.  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Thirteen Years Old
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri was bored. He felt like a ticking time bomb as he jerked his foot up and down against the leg of his desk. The repetitive motion soothed his nerves, but his over boiling mind was restless. He glanced this way and then that. Caught the gazes of several students by accident as he sized them up, weighed the emotions that hung heavy on their faces. He wanted to fight, he wanted to bite; yell, scream and shout. He missed his brothers, his cousins, and he wanted to go home. He didn’t belong here, and he was sure he wasn’t the only one of that opinion. He glanced at the Walsh twins as Toby spoke up, and then to the soft spoken Ravenclaw. Honestly, he forgot Lindsay was even in class sometimes with how quiet he is. Dimi huffed.

We’re never who we say we are.
                          162cm (5’3”) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:32 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
                                            "Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Well, a new year begins...
                                            OOC: ...

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 pm
User Image
𝔼𝕔𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // dating Kasdeja de Assispace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Mythology Classroomspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Back to school...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Can I pose a question? How do you kill what is dead?
I just shoot from the hip, and I aim for the head.
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho came in and took a seat towards the front of the classroom with a smile. Unlike his sister, he was ecstatic that he had History first thing in the morning... well, not quite first thing, since it was second block, but he didn't have a lesson before it, so it was close enough. Besides, he really liked Professor Powell. He was a much better professor than Professor Binns had ever been, he was pretty sure. Apparently even the students who liked history hadn't been too fond of the ghost. When the professor asked them to go over what they learned las year, his hand shot up. "We learned about the Ollivander family," he said simply, and then, after a pause, "Specifically, when they came to England, the opening of the shop in Diagon Alley, and about Garrick Ollivander, the last member of their family to own it." There, that was specific enough without being too drawn out, right? He smiled, taking out his things to take notes, just in case. He doubted he'd need to, since they were reviewing, but still, it was a good idea to have his quill ready just in case.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ He used to be your friend; that was another life.
                                                          With a single bullet, we're gonna blow his mind
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:00 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya managed to arrive to History somewhat on time and took a seat next to Echo letting out a short yawn, and trying to hide it from the professor when he finally put down his book. She snorted when he mentioned that they might'v emptied their heads of any knowledge they gained during the year (personally she agreed) and surprised herself by raising her hand along with the others to his question. After Echo had his turn at speaking she raised her hand a second time waiting to be called and when that happened she began to speak. "We learned about the Deathly Hallows, how they came to be, how they were used in the last war, and what they do." she answered simply.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: History Classroom With: Echo Thinking: Bored alreadyOOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
This could be para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Empty our heads over the summer? Yeah, if you're an idiot.

David took a seat near the back, he wasn't one that was particularly thrilled with the subject. Sure the memorization of the facts was easy. Memorization was always easy, but the past was the past in his opinion-an opinion that was the opposite of Cathy who he had seen briefly in the hallway at dinner time on Monday to hear her rave about how wonderful her history class was. Good to know her over enthusiasm about the subject could make up for his lack of it.

David suppressed rolling his eyes when Professor Powell mentioned their heads emptying over the summer and instead offered a surprisingly short answer for himself, "And, we discussed Beedle the Bard." David hated review and wasn't particularly interested in history, besides that afternoon he had healing to look forward to. Who cared about history when a subject he had waited two years at Hogwarts to take was finally on the horizon?

User Image
Pet: Annabella

{ }  
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out