Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
History of Magic V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History (Thursday 8:00am - 9:00am)

Leonette took a seat in history at the back like usual. She honestly could stand the subject, which was the one thing her and David had clearly in common. Today however she seemed more tired than usual. She’d regrettably stayed up late the following nice working through everything (mostly studying). Honestly she didn’t think she could study enough. Plus with everything she was in it didn’t give a lot of time to study.

Letting out a sigh she got her parchment and quill in preparation for the lesson ahead. As they started in on the lesson of Albus Dumbledore, Leonette started writing notes. She wasn't going to argue about whether or not Dumbledore was a good headmaster, mainly because he hadn't been around when she was in school. However that didn't mean she had to enjoy the subject they were apparently going over for several weeks. Sadly instead of thinking of the lesson at hand, Leonette was still too busy thinking about how tired she actually was. Man did she hope to wake up soon…

With: Class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:59 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson got the classroom ready for the next class as he considered this group of students. Please don't let it end up like last time he tried this, he thought. Frowning, he flicked his wand, which had suspiciously been found in a vase on his desk (how it ended up there, he'll never know!), and caused the desks to rearrange themselves in a circular fashion. There, hopefully he didn't have any issues, otherwise he was probably going to be canned for having yet another argument break out in class. That would of course be terrible, to be honest.

"Hello again class. Today, we are going to have an open discussion. Now, the rules are quite simple. No opinion, no matter how outrageous it seems, is to be attacked for any reason. Two, there are to be no arguments. Should one erupt, this lesson will end immediately and I will dock the offenders points. Three, we will respect everyone here. There will be no flinging of insults, no calling anyone mudblood, or the like. That is offensive in the extreme, and one I take personal offence to. Otherwise, please stick with facts, and have an open mind in this discussion.

"Now, the topic for this discussion is Albus Dumbledore. We discussed him in last class, and this one is reserved for questions and opinions. Please, don't be shy. Go ahead and start whenever you're ready."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC: ...

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:49 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History (Thursday 8:00am - 9:00am)

Taking a seat Leonette knew that they'd be talking about Albus Dumbledore again. Sadly she knew it was a topic that was highly controversial. Of course with such a topic they'd be having a class discussion that would most definitely end up in some sort of argument. Taking a deep breath Leonette decided she'd ask a question, at least she'd be participating. "I'm kind of curious as to why Voldemort would fear Dumbledore. I mean, I get that he was said to be the most powerful wizard, but was that really the reason why Voldemort feared him or was there more to it then that?" She asked hoping that her question wouldn't start anything.

With: Class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo walked in, a rather uninterested look on his face. He hated this class. The professor was okay, but he just hated the subject. He didn't see the point...yes, he learned it to understand why the world was the way it was, but the truth was, he didn't care why the world was the way it was. He just knew what it was like. He didn't see a point and the face he had one really epitomized his point of view on the matter. And that reason alone...was why he wasn't really paying a lot of attention. He paid enough attention to take some notes though. Figured he would be getting ready for his O.W.L

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

""Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Let's see where we have to be for review time...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 pm
Sometimes I feel like I wanna leave this place for good...
Under the ground, I'll live down there without a sound!
And never hear these hissing voices all the same-
I'll disappear, 'cause living makes me feel ashamed.
I must believe there's more above us and below;
I must believe, stranded with this b***h called hope!
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is go;
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is disappear.

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

RavenclawFifth YearHalfbloodAdopted

Eleazar sometimes found HoM interesting, but sometimes he was bored out of his mind. He preferred to live in the here and now, or better yet, the future, which had to be brighter or at least not as dark as the present. A random topic came to mind, and he raised his hand. "We learned about the muggle burning of witches- or suspected witches, third year."

OOC:
Username

If this is it, all we have and ever will-
If this is it, time is running out and standing still!
I'll leave today, 'cause there's nothing left to keep me here...
I'll fade away; I'll turn my back and disappear.
The city moves: lunges up right from the ground,
The seething Earth, it opens up and spits us out.
This vicious child; nature never wanted us!
This vicious child; a cancer burning black into its heart...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 pm
User Image

Looking good in:Teachable/ Location: Boredom zone/ Single / thinking: Kill me now?/

Valentina walked into History of Magic not looking forward to learning about anything in this class. Valentina always hated this class and never understood how her siblings got top marks in this class that she is going to fail this class. This Valentina was going to actually do some work this year,

OOC: Open for interaction and sorry for short post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxlessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.

Fifth Year Prefect | | Fifteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

Lexine walked into History of Magic a little tired, considering it was her first class of the day and she hadn't quite slept well the previous night. Despite this, of course, she was pleased. History of Magic had always been one of her favourite classes, of course, and she had always done rather well. However, because it was the first class of the year, they'd just be reviewing what they'd learned in their previous year. After some hesitation, Lexine chimed in. "Last year we learned about Tom Riddle...er, Voldemort." She said, shrugging slightly.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~15|Fifth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo walked into the classroom, taking a seat next to his girlfriend promptly, listening to the professor speak. It was just a review...and he was a little late; so truthfully, he had no idea where they were at at the moment. He didn't want to repeat something so he yet again, stayed quiet. He wasn't the only that was late...and at least he wasn't absent. That he was certain of.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:18 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:19 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Let's see where we have to be for review time...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:47 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❺| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❺| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani smiled as she arrived at Professor Powell's classroom. It was hard to believe she starting her fifth year with him as her teacher, or that they would soon be reviewing material for the OWLs at the end of the term. It wasn't so long ago she was a gawky preteen girl with a serious crush on him; while she still liked him, she knew now it was foolish of her to think anything else would come of anything she tried to initiate, especially since his Significant Other was none other than her Head of House.

'Yeah, that would have been awkward,' she concluded. 'Wonder how many House Points I could have been docked for stealing Professor Harlowe's boyfriend.'

Somehow she managed to be the first to arrive in the class, aside from Professor Powell himself. "Hi, Professor Powell," she said to him warmly. "How was your summer?" she asked him, before taking her customary seat at the front of the class.

Once class started, and Professor Powell started taking volunteers, it was only natural for Dani to raise her hand. "In first year, Professor, we explored the nature of the founders of Hogwarts, and why they believed certain characteristics were ideal for the students whom were to be brought here." As soon as she mentioned this, she hoped fervently merely mentioning this subject would not spark some nasty row between the students like it usually did.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:43 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Like the Adorable Badger I am

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Cathy entered History of Magic and gave Dani a small, somewhat forced smile as she slid into the seat next to her friend and listened as the speech on the upcoming, dreaded OWLs began. At least she didn't have to worry about her History of Magic Exam. Her other exams she wasn't so sure of... in fact she was pretty sure at how horrid she was at most magic she might be failing some, which was why she was thinking of asking for some extra help... but she really didn't want to go her brother. That would be just embarrassing with how brilliant he seemed to be at everything. And he had enough on his mind, anyways.

She was tapping the feather end of her quill when it came to her turn for offering something for the review and she snapped out of her gloomy thoughts and said, "Um... we discussed the... I suppose 'darker' and more controversial aspects of Hogwarts and the founders too... like the existence of the Chamber of Secrets and what that was about." She fell silent and didn't say anymore and looked back down at her paper, beginning to twirl her quill in her fingers again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Fifteen Years Old 10in Oak wood with Fox Fur core Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin walked into the history classroom a little apprehensive over all the serious note taking he was probably going to have to do since this year they'd mostly be focused on review for their OWL's. He was going to have to do some serious studying if he wanted to make better than an A in the course, which he did. Just because he wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to do after he graduated didn't mean he couldn't have the good grades to do something once he figured out what that something was! He found a seat off to the side seeing Dani and Cathy sitting together as usual and wasn't surprised to hear from Professor Powell that yes they would be mostly doing review and to kick it off he asked them to bring up subjects they've done the last four years. The girls mainly focused on the school and the founders but there was one subject that stuck with him for some reason and he raised his hand to voice it. "We also talked about the Philosopher's Stone and Nicholas Flamel who was the alchemist who created the stone as well as how it was destroyed when Headmaster Dumbledore hid it in the school and Voldemort came after it causing Harry Potter to also go after it to stop him and ultimately did." he pinked realizing he had been rambling a bit but he supposed it was mainly due to the fact that he was semi-reading off of his crudely done notes.

I'm just your average ordinary everyday superhero
Trying to save the world, but never really sure
I'm just your average ordinary everyday superhero
Nothing more than that, that's all I really am

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Axel strode briskly to class, long limbs branched out to cover as much distance as possible, hoping to slip inside the room unnoticed and on time. He managed to reach his seat behind Dani and Cathy just in time, and as the professor addressed the class he used the time to fumble in his knapsack for a (not broken) quill and a (somewhat) blank slip of parchment. His notes were unbelievably disorganized; one notebook would start with chapters in potions and end in charms, while another was seemingly dedicated to care of magical creatures, but really showcased a bunch of crude sketches of disproportional creatures and a few (topless) mermaids with unnaturally bent elbows and crooked fingers. But, considering the last few years of slacking off, Axel has quite a lot to make up for... Like trying to contribute to this discussion... Or at least write some of the bloody things down, anyway...

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
≎╬══→ Fifth Year ←══╬≎
History of Magic Class
Dressed in: Gryffindor Uniform
15 yrs Ψ 5'7" Ψ 151lbs
╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers