Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Saviors of Arlae - Fantasy "Campaign" - NEEDS VILLAINS/Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smells-Like-A-Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:21 pm
He was getting closer, now he could clearly hear the heavy steps of a horse on the forest floor. Lucien thought for a moment realizing that whoever this person was they were heading straight in the direction of the gnoll.
Lucien could see the person now, a female riding horseback. He kept his pace light trying to stay hidden while he came closer to her, his gaze stuck directly on her. His mind was stuck on what to fo next, attack her from behind? Give her a subtle warning about the beast? Or leave her be? Whatever it was Lucien would have to do if fast.

"You may want to be careful"

He said while coming closer to the woman, he was still insure if whether or not he was making the right choice, either way it was to late to change it.

"There's a beast down there, and he can be...volatile...

He spoke the last sentence with a light chuckle, becoming unsure of whether be was warning the woman of the gnoll or of himself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 pm
If I show you, then I know you, won't tell what I said.

Alice hummed to herself as she walked down the path, holding her white stuffed rabbit close to her breast. The tune of the song she was humming seemed quite cheerful, unless you knew the words for the song which were quite morbid. Her bright "innocent" eyes looked around as she watched the area around her for anything interesting, maybe some new friends would show up and play with her.

Cause two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 am
User Imagexxxxxx Lady Arathel of Desmarais Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxThe Tamerxxx ⊹⊹⊹ xxxUnofficial Princessxxx ⊹⊹⊹ xxxAspiring Queen

"Oh? Well then I'm heading in the right direction" Arathel said ever so sweetly. She was sitting side-straddled on her horse with her Elven bow and shafts on her back ready and her flute hidden within her hooded cloak. She chuckled a little, noticing it was a demon. "Shall I sing you a song?", she asked, knowing she had time to spare as long as her familiar could track Nar down. Perhaps she could use this one to play with the beast she was tracking first or act as a human shield for her so she need not expend her energy unnecessarily.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: Lawlz, I have a feeling the 'recruitment' will take at least ten pages or so XD XD ))

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 pm
Lucien tilted his head slightly confused by what the woman had just said, who in there right mind would ever want to confront q beast of that nature? Well, if she was looking for trouble she was heading in the right direction.

"I see..."

He said with an arched eyebrow. If it wasn't enough that she was searching for the gnoll, Lucien became more befuddled with her suggestion of a song, this truly was one of the strangest women he had ever met.

"No thanks"

He said simply with a smile

"Music makes my ears ring horribly"

Of course he was lying but he had to find some excuse to avoid hearing her sing. Lucien wasn't sure why but something told him that listening to her song would be a death sentence.

Smells-Like-A-Cookie

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

"Well then. You are wise indeed!" Arathel said with that velvety melodic voice she always held except when being sadistic or seductive. "You are wise to take heed of signs, so I bid you good day and a long, prosperous life. Now then, I wish you no harm and I do hope you wish me none. But I must be on my way" She giggled a little towards the end, feigning the innocence of an ordinary village girl while touching a dainty, pale finger on her lip to cover her mouth. She did this often - avert danger simply by words. If anything went wrong, she had lots of aces up her sleeve. In fact, merely showing her face could already rival that of the effects brought on by charm spells but what made it all work was that she knew exactly what she was doing.

With skillful hold on the reigns, her steed began to canter once more at a speed its mistress found most comfortable and not attracting much attention. She was, after all, on a mission although she seemed very much not in a hurry. The truth was that she was right on schedule and that ruining such a well-laid out schedule by hastening would attract unnecessary attention to herself. She paced herself quite well, trusting that everything was possible in the span of time she allowed herself.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:45 pm
ZimbuTessen

{I've finally posted. Sorry for the delay!}

"I like your attitude. Not at all that dour and dreary pompousness you'd find everywhere else around here." Valena sounded almost ecstatic. She was right to approach this Calcifer, it seemed. Even if it wasn't the usual sort of company she kept, she was certain that he would keep her entertained well enough for the day at least.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:54 am
(( I was thinking recruiting the whole party might take a bit longer too, but actually now I can see a very quick way to get it done. Nar now met Alice, Arathel finds them, and Mara goes after Nar and finds him - and the party. Then they go to the nearest town and find Valena, or she comes along the road and finds them anyway.))

Nar filled up his belly to the brim, and burped loudly before continuing to chew on what was left of his meal - the bone. His sharp fangs made a painful, cracking melody against the sturdy pale material, till the bone shattered and Nar was chewing on smaller pieces till he spit them out. The Gnoll licked his muzzle from any juices that may have dripped off the meat, and cleaned up a little of the blood still on his face. He realized he would need a bath, and was not sure if there was water nearby. One would think the mercenaries had settled near to a river, as any sensible survivalist would, but his ears could not pick up the rhytm of running water anywhere nearby. Time for a walk, he decided, but first... Nar'ghr's nose twitched curiously as it was pointed into the air and from it escaped a loud sniffing sound.

The two had met. How likely was it information on his whereabouts had been passed on? And how likely was it that both were bounty hunters? It made sense that the demon had avoided attacking him due to needing help. Guess he should have just killed the man back there after all. The horse would catch up to him if he did not lose their track. There was not even inkling of curiosity to see who or what it was coming ever closer. The Gnoll survived not just by being exceptionally strong, but by being particularly swift-footed.

Nar stood up and looked around at the campsite. Small colourful standing tents with bodies laying around, bags of curiosities and gear... Nothing that would fit him unfortunately. There was no immediate hint of a traveling cloak or anything similar, and he felt too hurried to start scrummaging for anything specific. Human weapons too, pffft, he could twist them apart with his bare hands - useless pieces of junk. Guess it was just time to head off.

The Gnoll turned on his heel, and headed directly away from the direction that he could smell the rider coming from. Contrary to popular belief, the Gnoll did not exactly look for fights... Okay he did not look for fights ALWAYS. More often than not it was a case of bad timing, such as him not feeling well and becoming immediately violent to whoever was around.

The beast passed by numerous trees, small and big rocks, nothing seemed to change about the sights except the placement of these very similar obstacles. The mercenary camp was quickly behind him and out of view, and ahead there seemed to be little indication of anything of interest coming up soon. His feet moved their regularly quick pace through the tall grass, getting wet the area between his sharp toes as his paws ran through the plantation. Then, the trees began to thin, and Nar recognized he was going to be out of it soon.

The tavern, and consecutively the human establishment on the other side of the forest, where he had spent half of the last week, was left quite a distance behind by now. No way would it's authorities come seeking him out here, as long as he kept going. It was surprising that bounty hunters had caught up with him so soon, at least if those two in the forest really were that. Must have just been a coincidence.

Then, the tree line was passed, and Nar's feet struck upon a stony path. Behind was the forest, ahead was a wide grassy plane beyond which started another forest and hills. Glancing to the right, the path curved out of view, and no doubt led directly to the town ahead. Glancing to the left, his attention was instantly drawn to the little girl walking right toward him. There was no one else here, no one coming up behind her, no other scents... A free meal perhaps?

The scene was certainly unusual, but he had been in this situation before. A little person with a red hood was strolling through the forest one day, with a basket of muffins, and the Gnoll had eaten her and the treats. Then he found a small shack, killed the old person living there, and lived there for a good few weeks before burning it down and accidentally starting a forest fire. Oh, youth.

Nar looked suspiciously to the forest, and wondered if he had enough time. Well, maybe if he just knocked the girl out and brought her with him, then he could play with it later. Nar's hungry pale gaze fell on the young lady in white, and with a purpose he began walking toward her. The idea was simple, perhaps lift her up by her hair, maybe punch her out, tie her up, etc. Very easy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:03 am

Alice looked up and gave the shaggy looking creature ahead of her a friendly smile. She continued to walk a bit closer to him and called out, "Hello, I'm Alice, nice to meet you, will you be my friend?" She stopped a few feet away from him a safe distance away but close enough that she could easily see into his eyes with her innocent looking ones. Her eyes glowed a bit making her seem much friendlier to the fuzzy one and she couldn't help but giggle slightly at her new name for him, Fuzzy.

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 am
Nar grinned at how gullible the young girl seemed. If he had been more in his senses he might have just found it suspicious, but right now all it seemed like was a free and easy chance to get at her. He did not speak in response, but kept marching forward till he was near enough - and his large, furry right fist was directly going at her face. Nar was expecting it to instantly connect and sort this out. He may have put too much power in it though, egged on by a growing blood lust, and there was the potential that he would crush the human's skull the moment he struck her. Those odd glowing eyes were the last thing he saw till his punch clouded the view of her face.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 am

Alice was glad for the contingency she put into her spells that if she was attacked it shifted her backwards enough to not get hit. She frowned slightly saying, "Well that was rude, didn't even give me your name, I think you deserve a time out, we can play some more afterwards, okay Fuzzy?" Her eyes as well as the stuffed rabbit began to glow as an intricate illusion was weaved dragging the gnoll's mind into her Wonderland, a dark and twisted place that was certainly not the mind of a normal and innocent child, her body persisting infront of the Gnoll's vision as their surroundings changed to what appeared to be a field of flowers but soon devolved into a scene of horror, death, and violence, Alice's "body" disappearing in a cloud of butterflies as her childlike laughter rang out through the area.

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:47 am

"This proves troublesome" Arathel said as though she were a maiden in distress as her familiar began to dart left and right in front of her. It only meant that the gnoll had gone some distance away from her already and there was no longer any need to be cautious about keeping pace. Her 'I'll make you do what I tell you to' pout shifted into a smile as she said to the horse, "Lucky I have you, Amadeo."

"Yah!" With a quick, velvety yell, she yanked the reigns and drove the steed to its full potential speed whilst her familiar flew directly in front of them. "Troublesome" she muttered as they passed the human settlement and exited the forest, in quick pursuit of the gnoll.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: G-G-G-Good idea~! Nice thinking, wonder dog gnoll man! Epic~! XP XP Let's go with that ))

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:25 am
((Alrighty then :3 Roar))

'Magic,' Nar instantly cursed in his head when his punch did not connect, and the girl shifted back. He immediately punched at her again before she even began talking. If there was anything he hated more, it was magicians, and knew he had to hurry up and kill her now. Cowards and freaks alike, the lot of them. It was easy to tell such an opponent brought the most trouble for the Gnoll on a field of battle. Archers, the long range wussies he saw them as, were the second most annoying thing in combat.

The Gnoll did not heed her words in the slightest, and did not find it at all surprising when the scene suddenly changed - having learned to expect everything and anything to happen when dealing with magic users. It was not like the experience was particularly new to him, even such an illusion spell, but it put him on edge.
"F*CKING MAGIC!" He bellowed as his punch went through the illusion and the girl vanished. 'Where the h*ll was she now, and how the h*ll was he going to get out?'
"Coward! Cowaaard!" Nar screamed angrily and swung his hands at the air in front of him.

In the real world however, his physical form was frozen in place. Whatever he did, his mind no longer reached it, and could not make it move. His large furry and scarred form, wearing no cloth and only covered by his dark brown hairs, stood still - his eyes blanks - in front of the little laughing human.

In the wonderland that captivated his mind, Nar had taken a fighting stance and held his claws ready in front of him, ready to rip, ready to slash. His head moved quickly from side to side, looking around for some sort of a way out. He was in a field of flowers, or so it appeared, and it made him very uncomfortable. The view was harmonious, peaceful, and one would not expect anything bad to happen - yet it was so open, that Nar could not help but fear of things jumping out the moment he relaxed. He had been ambushed before when resting in the sun on open fields, and had grown to like more secure, closed off areas. The vision made him uncomfortable, not knowing what to expect.

It was then the scene changed, very drastically so. Flowers went away, replaced by blood and gore, bodies, weapons, fighting, murder, pillaging, fire, dread, death and chaos. A true battlefield. The Gnoll felt a sensation of deja vue. Nar found his discomfort lifted. More than anything, this was his element. He may have felt weird amongst the flowers, but here he was at home. The scene was one of chaos, reminding him instantly of war, and there were no burdens on the mind here, no worries. Everything was total chaos, there was no order, and no law. All die.

"Come on," Nar growled through gritted fangs, expecting some sort of sudden attack. He felt he could only play it defensively now. None of this was real, he had to focus, there had to be a way out, and it could not last forever. Any sign of disturbance and he would get out, he would be free - he took solace in that idea. Then he would tear that human apart. No mercy, no kindness, he would watch her scream while pulling her arms and legs from her torso.

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 am

Arathel, after a long sprint of her steed, arrived at the scene and as soon as she noticed the scenario, her eyes began to glimmer and a smile appeared on her face. About ten feet away from the scene, she dismounted her horse, petting it a while and sung herself an Elven song to protect herself from the magic of the little girl although she could have gone without it, knowing for sure that only naive non-magical humans and children would fall for that kind of spell.

"kalina en' re vara tuulo' elee templa. Hin en' quessir ar' edanea varna"

Supposing her magic could be stronger than Arathel may have anticipated, she was still prepared. She approached now, not lifting her hood just yet as she came towards the child. "May I watch?", she said very sweetly as she stood near the child then glanced at the gnoll staring blankly. At the child, Arathel was already impressed and may have developed a kind of bias towards her.

(( Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ OOC: Rough Translation: Light of day, protection from visual magic. Protection for the child of elves and man.))

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am
Calcifer chuckled folded his arms as they walked. "So, what do ye do fer fun? Ah might as well tag along for a while. When in Hell, do as the demons do, Ah suppose."
He had a look of amusment in his eyes, it had been along time since he enjoyed himself without bashing a skull in or exploring ruins.

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 am

Alice looked up at the woman on the horse and gave a friendly smile, "Okay, I'm Alice, will you be my friend?" She turned to look completely at the woman. The gnoll would be trapped, until he either broke free, or met the queen of the land.

Inside the illusion Alice reappeared at the edge of the field calling out playfully to the gnoll, "Over here Fuzzy come on!" Then she turned and ran off down the path turning behind a rock and dissapearing the scene beyond the rock seemingly normal, a few statues of the girl, a few animals, but the statues were crying blood and a thick black sludge, and the animals were sickly things walking about weakly.

{Just so there's no confusion, only Nar can "see" this illusion, oh and to nitpick at the wording of your spell, it's not actually a sight based illusion it attacks the mind directly and all the senses, otherwise the person would still be able to act, but her illusions force their minds into a world of her choosing thus why their bodies never move.}  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff