Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 pm
User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

It happened again... Awareness was a tingling sensation across his waking eyes as the male's dark lashes lifted sleepily, the sharpened claws upon his fingers receding even as he impulsively sank the digits into the lush grass that cradled his resting form. Little white flames, familiar and fleeting, flickered before his gaze and along the feather-patterned strands of his lengthy teal hair... The spectral lights vanishing harmlessly even as the bold peacock shaped markings softened into a silky shine barely visible in the boy's odd mane. Danger had passed, the instinct of fight or flight had been appeased, and yet none of this seemed overly troublesome to the youth as these changes in his body reverted to a rather 'human' appearance. Instead the deep spring-beryl shade of his gaze was fixated on the dancing blades of grass that tickled his nose, the strange boy still belly down upon the lush foliage where he had awoken and clearly content to remain there as his mind lazily tried to retrace just how and why he'd come to rest in such a foreign place. Then again.. most of the places he awoke were 'foreign'. Last he could recall he had been bringing food to a patient at the clinic, something or someone had roared behind him and.. Pain followed, then white fire as oblivion took him. Instincts were difficult to ignore, and without a doubt his body had decided flight was better than fight. How he'd come so far or even how far away he was now from that clinic he had no idea but it wasn't fear that arose from this knowledge.

Curiosity furrowed Max's brow and, forgetting his playful grass blades for the moment, he pushed himself up into a sitting position, one hand bracing him up as he rested on his hip. His free hand calmly reached up, fingers sliding along the flesh of his neck and underneath the shirt covering his left shoulder inquisitively. The fabric was torn and the frayed edges teased his skin as his search continued, the light touch of his fingertips finally locating the source of where his memory had spoken of pain. Metal, small but sharp enough to nick his fingertip as he blindly touched the object embedded in his left shoulder-blade. A.. scalpel? In such a bothersome spot, too. A low sigh escaped his lips and Max allowed his hand to drop away from the wound, oblivious to the way the cut on his finger was already mending as he turned his head and studied his surroundings with a bit more interest. A body of water glistened just down the hill, the beautiful shade of its lapping waves reflecting the light entrancing his attention briefly as he pondered the situation. He couldn't remove the blade and, frankly, the pain was a shallow one as his flesh tried to heal around the object only to be cut open again each time he moved and jostled the area; Trying to fix it would just make it worse thus he decided to do nothing about it, for the moment. Likewise finding a way back to the clinic seemed difficult and this area was quite soothing.. The only thing that really came to his mind that needed to be done was to ease the pangs of hunger creeping through his stomach. " ... Fish live in water and fungus is fond of forested areas, poisonous caps are a low risk. Maybe a wild fish sushi with mushrooms..? I could use the scalpel as a knife if I can get it out of me, but.. " Another low sigh of disappointment whispered free from his lips and the bow allowed his head to lower, his eyes closing as he once again dismissed the issue of removing the blade on his own. Frankie had told him once that when he was lost he simply had to hold still and wait for help, and that if he was physically hurt he shouldn't agitate the wound with movement. Naïve as it was Max sincerely believed waiting for someone to find him was what he was supposed to do; The male sitting very still as time passed and he watched wildlife of the forest go about their lives. One such creature, a small humanoid with wings, drifted close in the waning hours of daylight.. the stunning golden tones of its wings and the gentle air of worry around the female almost ethereal to his tired eyes. It took little effort for Max to catch hold of the insect-like thing and even less energy to eat it, sighing in relief at having something in his stomach even if it was a strange looking bug as he absently placed the remaining luminous wings behind his ear like a flower. It would have been better cooked but.. even raw it had sort of tasted like chicken. Strange, for a bug.

(( Anyone is free to post, I just needed a place to start him off~))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬
╬╬╬ S o l o m o n ۩۞۩ K a n e ╬╬╬

Rarian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(ENTER) To the untrained eye, anyone who would witness Solomon's abrupt, and sudden appearance- would be alarmed, or confused. But, to those who have the knowledge of arcana, would know that, the poor old fool had walked into a portal that is purely conjured of wild magic. Rare, and also VERY unstable, this man, manage to some how walk through it, unscathed, and ended up on the opposite side of a different plane. The old fool was spinning around, confused, and dazed as to how he managed to end up somewhere new. Taking in deep breath to calm his nerves, he gathered himself, and fixed his posture. Grunting some, as this new situation now puts a damper in his tracking of his witch. "Blast it!" The old man grumbled. Seeing as how nothing was around him, but more foliage....just....uncharted territory, Solomon pressed on with his quest of revenge. What seemed like hours, the daylight showing through the thick leaves, He began to wonder if he had been walking in circles, this began to upset the poor man, but more importantly....rise for concern. Solomon kept a steady hand to the hilt of his long sword, just in case of an ambush. What he wasn't expecting, was to find a young man....sitting on the ground with a wound on his back?....Eating a bug?...."Uh......" Solomon tried to find words appropriate to start with. He took a few steps closer to the stranger's direction to get a better view. It's been.....years....since he spoken to anyone....."Do you by chance know these woods?......Maybe seen a witch?" He figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Either he be the witch in disguise, or he could be a local, either way, he'll have an answer

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 pm
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

The noise, subtle yet out of tune with the ambient sounds Max had started to familiarize with, was the first warning that someone had indeed found their way to him.. though, with a curious tilt of his head towards the stranger, the boy had to admit the man seemed to be feeling just as lost as he himself did. It was a odd rescue, was that what Frankie had meant when someone would find him? She really was smart to know such things so readily. Offering a moment of sweet tempered awe to his absent friend's merits, and entirely forgetting their situation for a moment, it was obvious when he snapped back to attention from the way his eyes fixated on the stranger with lucid interest. What.. did Max know of the woods, the man had asked? " ... I don't remember this place before waking up here, but the grass is very soft and the human-insects do not taste bad. You should probably cook them first before eating them to be safe though." No trace of fear or suspicion marked Max's features as the elderman neared cautiously, if anything the lad moved himself to sit tailor-style as if not only at ease with the company but actually quite relieved for it. He did not like being alone and, more fortunate for the stranger asking him questions, Max enjoyed helping.

Pushing a hand through his hair Max pondered which was supposed to be more important, finding the other lost thing or trying to find his way home now that he'd been 'found', and finally he decided the simplest course of action to be the best. Ignoring the biting pain of the metal in his shoulder the lad lifted his left arm, biting his thumbnail out of habit as he shared his thoughts with the unusual person that had stumbled into his company. " I'm not hungry enough to try and eat someone as tall as you, so you don't have to be.. " Surprisingly keen eyes scanned the man's posture, searching for just what the feeling he was expressing was, before he finally found a name for the behavior reflected in the man's wizened gaze. " .. wary. What is a witch and how will I know if I've seen it?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

Hearing the tone of voice the boy had, helped ease some of his tension. Whatever he is...it was clear he wasn't human, at least, not after the statement he made about the human bugs tasting like chicken....or not hungry enough to eat him.....Was he a cannibal? Maybe? A wendigo in disguise? Either way, he seemed tame or harmless for the time being. Solomon rose his right hand to the back of his head, lightly scratching at his scalp, trying to think of a way to solve the current situation that they're both in. "I suppose there's no real way to tell or to describe what one would look like....a witch I mean." He sighed low, and allowed his hand to drop before he moved closer to the young man, offering his hand to him. "I suppose she's a younger woman by now....given with her sneaky talents....but from what I can recall, she had black/grey hair....usually twisted in a low bun....wears a necklace with a steel sigil marking....the same one I-" Just as Solomon was about to make another statement, he got a closer look at this boys wound. "Say..." He side stepped around the boy before kneeling down. Taking off his gloves, he gently placed his calloused left hand to the shoulder and the right to where the wound is, to better examine it. "How was this managed?" Solomon questioned. "I've had my share of impalement.....but..." He scoffed, but with a closer look, he could just barely see how this boy's skin was reacting.....is it....is it trying to heal?....no, can't be. He must be imagining things. It has been awhile since the poor old man had any decent sleep, seeing as how everywhere he went, someone or something is trying to kill him. Shaking his head, trying to regain focus, he pressed on. "I'm going to yank this out.....okay?" He had originally planned on waiting on consent to do the act, but, curiosity took over. "My apologies in advance." He wanted to know if what he was seeing was just sleep deprovision or if it was real. Without so much as a warning, Solomon yanked the slim blade out, and tossed it aside.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:17 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

Silly to say, yet the initial touch upon his back had been somewhat soothing right up to the point that the metal was torn from his skin; Max's breath catching in his throat as both pain and almost immediate relief followed the tool's extraction as his flesh rushed to repair the now-clear wound. In a knee-jerk reflex two little white flames snapped to life near the man's fingers on his back, the embers viciously cold and gone almost as quickly as they had appeared. Frankie had often praised his high pain tolerance, he'd even allowed her test it when she asked with idle nicks and pokes to help her research.. How often had his friend tried to discover just 'what' he was? It seemed a silly question in his mind. The only noise that escaped him from the process was a deep sigh of repose as what little blood that had seeped from the weeping puncture slicked down what now looked to be a fresh scab knitting itself together in plain view. " Someone stabbed me.. It didn't hurt as much as a sword does so I don't mind, but it did damage my shirt so Frankie may be upset when I find my way back." In hours there would be only a scar and in a day no mark would remain to tell the tale of his injury. Given how little the ordeal seemed to bother him it was clear this was far from the worst Max had endured.. though, to be fair, he couldn't really remember all the reasons as to 'why' his pain threshold was so high. What did trouble him was the idea of his friend's reaction to his ruined clothing, his pale brows knitting together with dismay at the notion. Softly, hardly aware he was speaking aloud, the boy mumbled stubbornly. " ... I could just not wear clothes and not worry about breaking them but then I get in trouble for being 'indecent'. They are warm though so it isn't all bad, but still.. "

A sudden, decisive shake of his head sent his hair tumbling down his back as Max pushed the pouting thoughts away. Clothing didn't matter right now, this stranger had been asked for help.. Dropping his head back the boy leaned towards the man behind him, entirely bemused by the sight of the stranger upside-down from his point of view as his teal eyes flickered with amusement and inquiry. It was dumb luck he hadn't clipped the man's chin with his forehead, naturally grabbing his own interlocked shins to balance himself as he studied his companion's features earnestly. " Thank you, I'm not sure I could have gotten that out myself. " His head tilted, the naïve playfulness of his tone shifting to curiosity as his gaze searched for where the blade had landed. His mind, however, was on the information the man had told him prior to his aid in removing the weapon and he barely noticed the way the fairy wings that had been tucked behind his ear fluttered down to rest on Solomon's shoe below. A old woman that could be young and was hard to describe, with black and maybe grey hair.. Frankie had blonde hair so it wasn't her at least. Honestly it was a bit more complex than his mind could grasp, the concept of searching for something that was hard to find, and true to his nature he found himself mimicking what others always told him when he'd forgotten or lost something. " Where did you see her last? Or the marking you share? I was told retracing your steps helps you find your way forward sometimes.." Then again this man likely knew that already, he looked much older and seemed like he knew his way around a fight.. But he also seemed tired, like a familiar hunter he'd once known stalking tough game before a winter storm. A glimmer of something old darkened the depths of his stare and sharply his attention snapped back to the upside-down face in front of him; A memory whispering through his mind and showing his age as his typically calm voice hardened and familiar words moved his tongue. " Predator meat is a delicacy in some areas and hunting them is less about chasing and more about baiting. If following something doesn't work, find a way to draw it in.." As swiftly as the tattered knowledge came it slipped away and, clearly confused at his own comment, Max frowned faintly as he added in a much more hesitant tone. " Just don't get bit in the process, I think... I died a few times hunting like that and it always hurt. Are you going to eat the Witch when you catch her?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

As the blade landed in the tall grass with the sound of a thunk, the old mans attention snapped back to where the wound would be, hoping to catch the boy's skin in time to see it close. Though, what came as a startle, were the blue flames at his finger tips, where they touched the spot that had rapidly healed. It didn't burn him, but rather, sent cold chills up his hand, and to his forearm, and just as quickly as it came, the feeling passed. Fascinating. Solomon thought to himself. The old dragon, in all the centuries he has lived through, has never came across anything like this young man. Nor ever witnessed rapid healing in the unusual way that he does. Sure, he heals in some form of the same way, but it usually is within a day's time, not in seconds like this boy here. Truly remarkable. Absent mindlessly, Solomon rubbed his right hand over the bare skin, bemused at the young man's talent, as he listened to the stranger's comment about how he may have obtained it, it reminded him of the earlier years of when, and how this old man obtained his own scars. At first, they were small, and few....now, he is just covered in scars, from head- to toe. With just barely hearing the boy make mention of not wanting to wear clothes- "Pfft" Solomon chuckled through his nose, almost sounding like a sigh, as a smirk crept up on his lips. Kid you have no idea He thought to himself. This also took him back in past memories of when Solomon was a proud dragon, free to roam, fly, and do as he see's fit. But, those thoughts instantly were invaded by old memories of his wife, how they met, and after he learned to transform into a human, how he tried to go into town naked, but she quickly corrected him, and MADE him wear clothes. Without warning, he was quickly brought back to reality, and ended his reminiscing of old, as he was now face to face, with an downside face, the boy's to be more precise, and a bit to close for comfort. Solomon cocked his left brow high with a bit of confusion.

He could feel the boy's topside of the head just barely resting on Solomon's collar bone, and the kids expression changing. But after hearing his thanks, Solomon gave a small smile, keeping his eyes locked with his new companion. "I've been impaled more times than I'd like to count...so....Glad I could help." He replied a bit awkwardly. When asked where he last saw this witch of his, Solomon readjusted himself to sit more firmly on the ground, and stared up, past the tree lines, to ponder exactly when that might have been.....it was a good question. But, the only memory he has held on to was the village he had left behind....the one he burned down....where his wife- Solomon quickly dismissed the thought, and furrowed his brows. Some memories a best kept at bay....the pain is to great to deal with. He thought to himself, with a pained expression. With no healthy outlet or way to comprehend or accept what happened then....it's not easy. However, hearing the boy speak again, Solomon looked down, actually, with surprise. "That's.....not a half bad idea!" All this time, He had been chasing down on dead-end leads as to where his witch had been to, leading no where, when he could have been trying to lure her out from hiding.....but, when he is finally reunited with her again....will his child be there too? How will he know it's his kid??.....Doubt clouded his mind, furrowing his brow in frustrations, while he tried to calculate how he would go about doing so, and how does one lure out a witch anyway? When the young man asked if he planned on eating this witch, Solomon couldn't help but chuckle. "Not till she breaks this curse....and hands me my child back." He responded. Assuming they're still alive. He thought..

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

The elderman's mood lightened, if only a bit, and in response Max brightened as he his words of advice were praised. He didn't know if it would actually work but if it at least helped.. Some of the cheer dampened however when, looking up at Solomon, he couldn't really shake the notion that the man was still worrying over something. Forlorn, perhaps.. but why so? The weather was lovely and they were not fighting-- Perking up, almost clipping his companion's chin again in the forward sway, Max glided to his feet with the simple and jovial energy of a child on a mission on his mind. No longer hindered by the blade he saw no harm in moving and, oddly belying his youthful behavior, his expression was much firmer as his weight fully shifted to the balls of his feet and he cast a glace down at the man from over his now-mending shoulder. " I'm not sure I understand. If a Witch took your child and gave you a curse would she really undo it just because you wanted her to?" Lifting his hands in front of himself he glanced down, flexing his fingers in a casually claw-like motion that hinted at just how his mind was trying to figure out the creature Solomon was telling him about. " .. I don't.. get the feeling this Witch is kind enough to do so if she hasn't yet. I would ask another, nicer, witch about how to trap the nasty one. Are there nicer witches?" On a rational level the boy was fully aware this man's plight had nothing to do with him, people died every day and after a few years it really was hard to remember their faces let alone their names and goals.. But unlike the people that fell over like wilting flowers this stranger had claimed to be ' impaled more times than he could count' so perhaps he was a little like Max himself? Was that even remotely possible? Absorbed in these musing the boy barely noticed as his own body started to move, autopiloting himself into a idle task of gathering small sticks suitable for building a fire. It was a crude way to cook fish but.. food and the tasks involved in cooking helped his mind remain focused as he mulled over new things. It was safe and, no doubt, the reason why consumption was a constant topic of his focus. But this.. this situation didn't need culinarian information, it was new ground.

It took a few minutes, the quiet rustle of his clothing against the foliage making him easily trackable by the time Max had returned with a worthy haul of firewood.. sinking into a crouch near his resting companion and deftly arranging the sticks in some familiar yet forgotten pattern he'd learned in another lifetime. 'How' he knew things never seemed important, only that the skills served his needs.. Which is why it felt strange taking the initiative when his normal temperament was so passive. If not for the curiosity of his companion he may well have just let it go entirely but.. " My name is Max. You don't seem to die easily so are you..." Hesitating he let the remaining sticks drop to the side, sinking down into a tailor-style position facing the elderman as he struggled with how to ask what was on his mind. " ... perhaps a friend instead of food? I don't think I want to eat you." Which was as close as Max could say to ' I actually consider you a potential person' in his awkward way. Frankie had introduced him to the concept of valuing certain people and he didn't quite understand 'why' yet but he didn't dislike the security that knowledge offered. It was easier to care about things when he didn't have to ponder how or when he'd kill them. Blinking as a thought occurred to him the boy lifted his hand, almost akin to a 'scouts honor' sign as he amended his own request of friendship. " It is fine if you need to eat me, of course, I just won't try to eat you. All I ask is that you don't make it hurt if you have kill me, please."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:32 am
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

"Gah!" Caught off guard with how quick the boy moved to his feet, he examined his motions, but also relaxed his own expression, looking to the ground in dismay. The kid had a point there, then again, he wasn't planning on it to be easy. "I figured she wouldn't make it easy for me..." But perhaps with a point of persuasion with her life being on the line, she may be inclined to do so. When he was asked if there were kinder witches, Solomon never really thought about that, suppose there might be, and his guess is any when it comes to figuring out how to find one or know if one is. "Perhaps there are kinder witches....." But he wouldn't know of any. "If there is any at all, I'll be sure to be...gentle in asking for help..." Seeing as how he has bad association with witches.... While deep in thought on how he would go about either options, be it to just lure his witch in question out of her hiding spot, or to get help from an unconventional sort, being to also weigh in the different types of outcome.

For example; say they do lure her out, would there be a battle? How long would he even last if he wasn't able to win the first time? With the sigil being the main curse on him, preventing his transformation to his true state, is that all it does? Or is there more to this curse than she had let on? Could it be possible that she has avoided his detection this entire time, because the curse is also a tracker, so she would know where he is at all times? The more questions and concerns that popped in Solomons mind, the more he felt a migraine forming. Propping his left leg up, to slide his right leg under, he pressed his index finger and thumb over his temples, groaning in agitation. Now that he has time to relax and think over these kind of options, it began to weigh in that- Maybe this was a waste of time, and he is stuck in this cruel fate of his. But, he also still held on to the hope that he would be able to reunite with his child....He just had to hope that he would.

Solomon snapped out of thought to the sound of his new companion speaking up, introducing himself. The old man rested his left forearm on his left knee, looking back to his friend who had....gathered wood, for a fire? Perhaps resting here for one night couldn't hurt. He still didn't trust on the stranger completely. After all, it wouldn't be the first time Solomon ran into a creature who gave false sense of security, only to try and devour him, or kill him for gain. But, he has been alone for several years now, perhaps this one is different. He had multiple chances to kill Solomon, and didn't. He allowed him to take out the knife, and didn't go after it....So maybe This kid is as harmless as he seems. He chuckled to the way the boy tried to ask if friend and not an enemy after the introductory, and simply smiled small. "I'm known as Solomon....And I'd like to think I'm more friend than foe." He sat up more prominently, and tried to help set up the wood before breathing fire onto the gathered wood. Hearing the crackling of a bonfire, always helped calm him down. "Since we both seem a bit lost in these woods...I propose maybe we travel together, and find a way out, maybe there's a village?" Solomon suggested. He didn't like the idea of being stuck or staying in one place for to long.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:44 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

Warmth.. Feeling the heat of the fire as it flared to life Max withdrew his knees to his chest, sliding his arms around them as he observed the man's myriad of expressions. Stress, confusion, hope, fatigue... So many conflicting notions knocking around in one head. Lowering his chin to rest upon his intertwined arms he could feel the soft pressure of his necklace gem pressing into his chest and after a moment something inside himself could understand the sentiment of his new friend's emotions. Emotions were pure, easy to relate to and universal from species to species while words and 'reasons' varied like grains of sand on a beach.. and given the amount of these feelings warring inside Solomon the boy had to wonder how it didn't explode outwards. A small pang in his chest, just under his heirloom jewel, earned a small frown from his lips as Max lifted his stare from the dancing flames and drifted towards Solomon's resting form. " Alright.. and if we do find people I can ask about the good witches for you." The man didn't seem to like them, his tone had sounded akin Frankie's when Max tried to make her eat things she didn't enjoy.. but something did confuse the boy as he weighed what he understood of their conversation so far. " The child is something precious, right..? Can you tell me about them?" He... didn't want to hurt his friend's important person and recognizing it would help a lot if he found it.

(( sorry for the short post, running late for work.))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:45 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

Solomon chuckled to his friends comment on how he will be the one to ask about witches, which may be the best course of action, but then again, seeing how odd his newly found friend is, could end up being not all that great either. The imagination of each outcome amused him so. But, when asked about his child, his eyes narrowed for only a second, his face tensed before relaxing. Suppose it may be best to talk about it.... "In truth, I know nothing about them...." He started out. Anyone could pick up on his pain. His voice, rough, but after clearing his throat, Solomon poked at the fire with his left foot, to turn a log over. "I know more about my late wife than I do about our child.." Solomon scoffed with a small smirk that faded as quickly as it came. He recoiled his left leg back, leaving his left arm to remain rested on the kneecap. "You see, she was this amazing woman...Even with how I was back then, she was never afraid of me. Not like everyone else...." His expression softened, it was almost as if he could see her dancing in the flames. "Our child....Was taken from us, right from birth by this witch.....And she..." He clenched his right hand into a fist, and for a moment, it almost felt like he remembered how to transform back as a dragon.....Remembering that blind rage... Clearing out his throat in a disgruntle manner, he brought his right hand to the left side of his face, scratching at his scruff, before waving it to dismiss the thought. "She uh......She just vanished.....With my child" Solomon chocked a bit on his words, suppose it was still hard to talk about his wife timely death, and how unjust it was. "So, I don't know if my child be a girl or a boy....But yes....They are precious to me, whoever they are, wherever they are...." He rose his gaze to meet his companions. "I'd assume they be about your age? A young adult....Or something?" He lowered his gaze back to the fire. "Aging is different for me, and I'm not sure how it would be for a half creature. I'd assume the same, but...I'm unsure." Solomon trailed off, another thought had crossed his mind, and that was what he would do after being reunited. Would it be one full of joy? Or maybe the witch has corrupted his child so much, maybe even be using them for political gain, maybe to break the alliance with the other dragons.....Raising his right hand to the back of his matted hair, he scratched his head in frustration. There were way to many variable and outcomes....

((That's okay, no rush, and no worries ^_^ ))

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:21 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

So this was the bond of a parent and child.. That chill in his chest throbbed under the dainty teal jewel necklace as, with growing remorse, Max felt something in his memories stir in sympathy with the man's words. He'd felt it earlier, too... The cool splash of liquid on the back of his hand earned a startled blink from the boy, realizing slowly that his lashes were thick with tears which had spilled down his cheek undetected. He was crying.. because the tale this man told was sad. Did it relate to something he'd known personally in the past? Loss? Grief? Pain? Yes.. But his tears were not for his own sake. Max was only reflecting and empathizing with his companion as was his nature, sincere and untroubled by his own crying as he continued to listen quietly to the end. It wasn't much of a reaction perhaps to most people, the calm stare and silent tears that met the tragedy's deliverance, but under the serene expression something had started to rally towards the bitter sadness and boiling rage of the man's plight. It wasn't a 'thought' so much as a 'feeling', something instinctive and long forgotten under years of death and revivals, but with it came a strange sense of interest in the youthful demon that latched onto the topic firmly. " You are not frightening." It was meant as a reassurance and a offer of comfort but his beryl stare didn't waver from his companion's face as the boy tightened his arms around his knees in a small sign of agitation.. a rather alien emotion to his usual temperament and one he wasn't quite sure how to deal with. " .. but you are suffering."

Death, betrayal, love, vengeance.. Even animals understood what it was to mourn something lost and Max wasn't an exception to the rule. It was harder for him at times to really pay attention to it but empathy had been a natural-born trait, the flighty personality he'd developed over lifetimes was a learned self defense of it. A deep, centering breath expanded his torso and Max paused for a few moments before releasing it; his body visibly relaxing with the exhale as the boy softly summarized the information from his perspective. " One bad person stole two precious people from you, one dead and one lost, and you want the one back that might still be alive regardless of who or what they are because they are 'yours' and 'hers'." That was logical and it told Max something very important that this man seemed to be overthinking with much anguish. " A child is a mixture of its parents, isn't it? You know yourself and you knew your mate.. so you will know the offspring as well." While it is true a part of him was trying to ease some of the guilt and grief of his friend Max honestly believed what he was saying and the conviction carried in his voice, allowing no room for doubt for either of them in the matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:01 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

The old man looked up to see his friend shedding tears on his behalf, he knitted his brows together, shocked to see someone showing remorse on his behalf. Suppose he could shed a few tears himself, but he hasn't cried infront of anyone....other than his own wife, and that was with tears of joy....not pain, not regrets.......He raisded his brows in thought for a moment before relaxing his face, and returned his gaze to the fire. In a weird sense, it made Solomon feel at ease knowing someone else understands. even if only a little. "I-" He started out.."Thank you." He spoke in his husky tone of voice. "And you"re right.....Maybe when we find them....I'll known...and they'll know.....I just hope that the witch hasn't corrupted them.....I hope I'm not to late." Even though it's been at this point, about 20 or so years later....Letting out a sigh, Solomon readjusted himself to a more laying down position, tossing in some twigs that was beside him, into the fire to keep the flames going. "It's going to be a long night. We should get some rest while we can." At least he would like to anyway, and started to close his eyes.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:28 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

Corrupted... Why that word in particular rang through his mind and filled him with dread Max couldn't begin to fathom as the hollow pain in his chest throbbed yet again and he felt a chill slip down his spine. " .. corrupta est per peccatum?" It was a whisper he didn't even realize he'd murmured, the words not his own but ones deeply embedded in the uneasy recesses of his soul. Slippery as an eel his mind rejected any trace of the potential fear and with a slow blink the uncomfortable sensation in his body started to fade back into his comfortable numbness; Max relaxing into the obliviousness with relief as he let himself focus on the 'now'. His friend had thanked him and that was enough. Nothing else mattered but the world in front of him, everything before it was unnecessary.

Never one to need much sleep Max never the less remained quiet as his companion started to doze; The boy waiting patiently until the man's breath softened before finally rising to his feet with purpose. Night was generally when he prowled his chosen homes, doing odd chores and prepping meals for the next morning. Alone, in the quiet darkness, there was comfort that was easy for the youth to understand. Careful not to make undue sound, so as to not disturbed his friend's rest, Max set about searching the tall grass for the discarded scalpel. In the growing dark it took a few moments but, ever the determined sort, he found the cool metal under his fingertips and deftly retrieved the soiled blade from the depths of the greenery. Wiping the dried blood from it he placed the blade by the fire to heat and sterilize while the next task called his attention.. Maxing absently yanking his shirt over his head and dropping it by his friend as his gaze drifted towards the lake below keenly. Now... for the breakfast.

-------- Small time skip --------

The scent of cooking fish was thick in the chilled air and Max absently yanked his still-dry shirt over his rather soaked head; The youth pulling his lengthy wet hair from under the fabric which was tucked into a surprisingly neat braid as he often did to it when working seriously on his tasks. He'd gathered some herbs from the nearby plant life and gutted/cleaned his fish near the shoreline to avoid gore near his cooking space.. The next bit of his time had just been setting up the skewers and spit-frame over the fire to cook them. He'd harvested some papery bark from the trees during his little jaunt for the sake of packaging, should he need to save the food for later.. Resting by the fire, absently minding his task of cooking, the demon's shoulders relaxed a little as a content smile slid across his face. This was right, this was 'normal'.. No matter where he ended up or with whom this was something he could. Of course he had every intention of helping his new friend find his way, Max was lost too and on some level he knew the Kitchen at the clinic would need cleaning when he returned to it, but.. he wasn't in a rush. Perhaps if they found a village the people could teach him about local dishes while they asked about the Witch and the child she'd taken.. " .. perhaps there is a recipe for cooking witch? Hmm.." The low musing of his thoughts earned a wrinkle of his nose as the boy silently laughed at the notion. If there wasn't one, maybe Solomon wouldn't mind him experimenting to make his own. It wasn't like they'd need the witch after she gave them what his friend demanded.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 am
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

As the night took over him, Solomon was able to fall asleep. For the first time in a long time, it was sound. The dream he had, started off with early memories of him, and his wife, then it switched to what would have been had the witch not taken their child. How they would've been a happily laughing family, living near the mountains in a cottage. As the scene played out, he heard a voice mocking his dreams. Pathetic. But, the dream continued. You honestly think it went like this? Whatever harmony music that played in his head, began to sound like nails on glass, just scrapping in an eerie tune. Let me have this! Solomon shouted back. The vision of his happily ever after- faded, and he was left alone, standing in the black void. The ground beneath him rippled like water, and in front of him was his dragon form, chained up. It took a moment to register what he was seeing right before him. A once mighty, and feared dragon, now reduced to chains....weak. Remember The voice echoed. He walked over to the dragon, and hesitantly rose his right hand. Remember why you're here. Placing the palm of his calloused hand to the snout of the dragon, placing it firmly, Solomon had a quick glimpse of what it was like to be a dragon again. But, now he was the one chained up, looking forward as the memory of the the witch holding his baby, played out again. Words of that conversation over lapsed each other, the sigil rang through his head, earlier memories showed it in a book, about a church? No! A coven of old! Remember. The scene changed to when he was in the village's library, standing next to his wife. He was holding a book about the occult, and she took notice of his interest, and pointed out what the sigil meant. She even gave him an old history lesson about witches, but this coven in specific. The sensation of being with his wife warmed his heart, and slowly Solomon woke up with the feeling of renewed determination.

Solomon groaned as he sat up, his body aching from having slept on the uneven ground, and for a moment, he didn't remember why he was there. But looking over to his friend, and the fire, it all came back to him now. Sniffing the air, it was hard to enjoy the smell of what was cooking, over the stench of himself. He recoiled with disgust, and his nose scrunched up. "I need a bath....." He grunted, and slowly made his way to his feet. Dusting himself off, he ventured onward till he came across a nice sized lake. Unbuckling his leather garments, and belts, setting his weapons, and equipment next to a tree, he began to unfasten his tunic, and padded clothing, till he was bare. Walking over to the lake, he breathed in deep, before belching out a flame above the water, not to boil it, but to make it bathtub warm. Once he was satisfied with the temperature, Solomon headed in for a nice swim. He wanted alone time for the duration of this bath, to mull over what that dream was about, and what significance it held. Swimming back to the shore, he saw a quick glimpse of his reflection. His body, covered in severe scars that would kill any normal human being. Solomon's calm expression, quickly soured, and he hurried out of the water, and shook himself dry. He walked over to his clothing, and grabbed a bar of soap, walking back to the lake, he began washing his clothes. Hopefully by the time he finished, so will the food.

Heading back to camp, fully clothed, and clean, he took a seat, opposite of his friend with a small smile. "Cooking is a trait I have yet to master myself." He tried to spark up a conversation. After all, last night ended with, what he remembers, a bit sad. The old man had hoped today will go a bit better. Now, with his recent vision, maybe the sigil is the way of tracking AND luring out the one he wants. Before, he had given up hope, but after meeting his new friend, he is given a new feeling of determination.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:44 pm
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

It was a bit of a surprise, so focused on his work as he was, when Solomon stirred from his sleep and spoke.. Max's head snapping up as if from a daze as he tried to piece together what the man had said. A bath.. he finally mused to himself, briefly pondering if he needed such a thing himself before deciding his time swimming after fish hours before would serve well enough for now. Cheerfully waving in his friend's wake he didn't disturb the man's plans, simply continuing his cooking with a dedicated air.

Morning needs taken care of his companion returned and Max, still tending to his work, cocked his head to the side to listen as his friend settled down across the fire from him. He seemed calmer, the riot of emotions that had marked the man's features the night before were barely a whisper of a presence in the affable voice that left him now. In truth Max was glad for it, relieved that rest had improved the man's mood and offered Solomon some relief. " I'm still learning to cook, some techniques are consistent regardless of culture or time period.. but there is always something different to study in new places too. " Taking a moment to examine the fish skewer, sprinkled with the bits of sage he could find, Max nodded in approval before offering the stick to Solomon around the fire's reach. " Some cultures only cook to nourish and promote health in their diets, others seek only flavors and ignore the negative effects their meals have on them.. But food related deaths are unpleasant so I try to find a happy medium between the two. Which would you rather cook for, practicality or pleasure? "  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff