Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
Life is like unicorn poop: colorful and messy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 pm
Gigi Deveraux
*DROOL*

*Holds large sponger under your mouth*

Gigi Deveraux
Yes. Yes, we do. What's yours, if i may ask?

The fact that my father is extremely homophobic...

Gigi Deveraux
It DID. The tweezer part was the worst. On the plus side, no more bikini shaving for several weeks.

Individual tweezing would be horrible ;_;

That is convenient, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 pm
Oh, I feel for you. My Grandmother spoke of awful parents in her days, her's included, but the worst part was that I knew that there were worse parents, and there still are today. My grandma always tells me about her sexual abuse and that, as much as she didn't want to go through that, she knew she would not be the person she was today. Okay, okay, she never told me that, but I knew. She did, however, admit that her first abusive marriage was bad, but if it hadn't happened, she would not have met Grandpa. I do not, will not, can not, and sure as hell will never say that her first husband is my grandfather. He made my grandma have my dad, but with all the abuse he held at my grandma, I'd kick his a** if I ever saw him today.

Anyways, enough about my grandma. I am so, so sorry this all happened to you. If I met your family I'd kick their arses too You need to know that there are tons of people who have gone through similar childhoods. I am excluded from this, but with my twenty-five-maturity-level-even-though-much-younger condition allows me to be able to visually switch places with you. 3nodding You really aren't alone, though.

emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug You can find a friend in me. emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug

The Giving Ninja

Quotable Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 pm
iiRawr_Destiny
you're welcome love emotion_hug

let's hope there are no antagonist emotion_0A0

emotion_hug

Only the entire world, in a way... too bad we can't travel in time to Ancient Egypt!

Alice WR Ashdown
The fact that my father is extremely homophobic...

emotion_hug I'm sorry hon...

The Giving Ninja
Oh, I feel for you. My Grandmother spoke of awful parents in her days, her's included, but the worst part was that I knew that there were worse parents, and there still are today. My grandma always tells me about her sexual abuse and that, as much as she didn't want to go through that, she knew she would not be the person she was today. Okay, okay, she never told me that, but I knew. She did, however, admit that her first abusive marriage was bad, but if it hadn't happened, she would not have met Grandpa. I do not, will not, can not, and sure as hell will never say that her first husband is my grandfather. He made my grandma have my dad, but with all the abuse he held at my grandma, I'd kick his a** if I ever saw him today.

Anyways, enough about my grandma. I am so, so sorry this all happened to you. If I met your family I'd kick their arses too You need to know that there are tons of people who have gone through similar childhoods. I am excluded from this, but with my twenty-five-maturity-level-even-though-much-younger condition allows me to be able to visually switch places with you. 3nodding You really aren't alone, though.

emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug You can find a friend in me. emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug

emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Thank hon. Your Grandma sounds like an awesome person.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Thanks, my Grandma would appreciate it. In fact, I outta text her now. 3nodding I'll stay at her house for three weeks, come back, and not talk to her for a month. I don't mean to, I just forget. I need to balance that. My grandma's family motto is simple, yet meaningful: "Always improve and be better then the last (generation)." It hasn't been proven wrong, so it is my family motto too.

The Giving Ninja

Quotable Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Today... well, yesterday, since it's so late cat_sweatdrop was just wonderful cat_biggrin

We met at the train station and went to have lunch at a pizza place whose name escapes me. What did make an impression was what Nick ordered. I'm not sure what to call it other than a glorious abomination: cheese fries pizza.

Hand to the gods. Bacon cheese fries on a pizza base. cat_confused

I ordered a personal vegetarian pizza with extra cheese for myself, but emotion_omnomnom I commandeered one of his slices, of course. Yes, I traded back! cat_rolleyes

Mine was very good. Thin tomato slices, yellow bell pepper slivers, red onion slivers, mushroom slices, baby spinach, black olives, garlic and extra cheese. His... I think it should have been made with gravy instead of tomato sauce but it was still pretty good.

After lunch we took our drinks with us and went for a walk, just holding hands and people-watching. We got to see some people get into a fight cat_gonk and end up getting arrested cat_blaugh

My big surprise for the day: I asked him if we could stop at a salon so I could ask about how much a Brazilian wax would cost, and he offered to pay for it right there. cat_surprised

I had no idea just how far one of those things went. I thought a leg waxing was rough, but this? cat_gonk YIKES! After the wax part, which was kind of emotion_0A0 "holy ********> emotion_0A0 in itself... the girl went to work on me with tweezers! emotion_bigvein

The results feel so weeeeeeeird. emotion_sweatdrop

Nick insisted he'd drive me home instead of letting me go back on the train and wait who knows how long for a bus to drop me off near home, so we went to my Grandpa's to get the car. We watched some old TV shows with the old fart for a while to kill a little time. Damn that was hard, having to just sit there, not being able to be openly affectionate.

My parents messaged saying they were going to see a movie so we decided to leave early and take advantage of time alone at my house cat_ninja

That waxing was soooo worth it. cat_blaugh cat_surprised cat_redface heart cat_mrgreen heart All that was missing was the mirror. Nick promised we'll figure something out. cat_blaugh

Pizza... it sounds so good... emotion_kirakira

Aw, I want a lovely date sometime.

YEOWCH sounds painful...but well worth it I suppose...

Glad to hear your parents went out so you guys could stay in. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm
RainbowPop26
Pizza... it sounds so good... emotion_kirakira

Aw, I want a lovely date sometime.

YEOWCH sounds painful...but well worth it I suppose...

Glad to hear your parents went out so you guys could stay in. 4laugh

emotion_hug I'm sure you'll have one some day!

Painful, but considering the aggravation it's going to save me (and the effect it had on him cat_redface ), SO worth it...

Oh, PMing you about something off topic.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 am
Gigi Deveraux
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

Wow, looks like you and Nick are going good on your relationship. I'm happy for you. At least now, you have someone who cares for you. Just be careful you don't get noticed by the parents.

User ImageUser Image

Thanks! emotion_hug It felt so good, being together out in the open, like a normal couple... *sigh*

I have to admit there's a part of me that would love to rub our relationship in everyone's faces. Especially our father's and Grandpa's.

User Image User Image

Think of it this way, patience is a virtue. One day, you'll be able to do whatever you want to do in front of everybody, and you'd be even able to gloat in front of them. Just hold on a little longer heart

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:53 am
I got my period last night/this morning.

GYAAAAH!!!

CRAMPS!

I hate this.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:16 am
Gigi Deveraux
I got my period last night/this morning.

GYAAAAH!!!

CRAMPS!

I hate this.

User Image User Image

Oh, I hear you. I mean, why does it have to be so painful, eh?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 pm
This has been one of those weeks, and I'm not just talking about my period.

My parents have been complaining about how I'm not working. Well, what am I supposed to do? I've put in applications, I've send out resumés, I've asked everyone I know if anyone they know is hiring... and I've had zero results.

It's ridiculous, really. Who needs a bachelor's degree to be a receptionist? Or a customer service/sales rep at, say, a T-Mobile store? But that's what a lot of companies are asking for, and I don't have it. Probably never will, now, since I'm never going to get any financial help. My parents won't help, and if I take out student loans I'll be in debt slavery for the rest of my life.

I could go with being a homemaker/stay-at-home mom like my parents expect, but I want it to be my own damn choice, not a cultural imperative. I want the option of working, whether it's because I want to, or because I need to.

Guys don't want to shell out for child support, much less care for their baby mamas, while men prefer an independent woman who can take care of herself. Personally, the idea of being totally dependent on a man (economically or otherwise) makes me want to hurl.

Besides, the chances of my ever getting married (I'm leaving Nick out of this for obvious reasons) are slim-to-none.

If I can't get a regular job, then fine, I'll work for myself. I just wish I could find something I can do that will let me make a decent living...  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Personally, the idea of being totally dependent on a man (economically or otherwise) makes me want to hurl.

Tis not fun, believe me... it gives them far too much power over you.

--------------------

The way the world works lately is ridiculous...no one can find a job I swear.

emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart

Aw, maybe not marriage (unless you find a country that's cool with it) but still...who knows what the future holds... emotion_hug

Honestly, if they don't plan on helping you either get a car or go to school I don't think they have much right to complain...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 pm
RainbowPop26
Gigi Deveraux
Personally, the idea of being totally dependent on a man (economically or otherwise) makes me want to hurl.

Tis not fun, believe me... it gives them far too much power over you.

--------------------

The way the world works lately is ridiculous...no one can find a job I swear.

emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart

Aw, maybe not marriage (unless you find a country that's cool with it) but still...who knows what the future holds... emotion_hug

Honestly, if they don't plan on helping you either get a car or go to school I don't think they have much right to complain...

Yeah, I want to be able to kick a man out if he cheats on me like my father did on my mother.

It's not just because of him. I don't like the idea in general. Live together? Maybe... but I like the idea of having my own space.

IK,R? At least with a car it would be easier to get a job and/or meet people, since that would make it possible for me to look like I'm doing what they want, a.k.a. look for a husband. It makes no sense to me.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 am
Gigi Deveraux
This has been one of those weeks, and I'm not just talking about my period.

My parents have been complaining about how I'm not working. Well, what am I supposed to do? I've put in applications, I've send out resumés, I've asked everyone I know if anyone they know is hiring... and I've had zero results.

It's ridiculous, really. Who needs a bachelor's degree to be a receptionist? Or a customer service/sales rep at, say, a T-Mobile store? But that's what a lot of companies are asking for, and I don't have it. Probably never will, now, since I'm never going to get any financial help. My parents won't help, and if I take out student loans I'll be in debt slavery for the rest of my life.

I could go with being a homemaker/stay-at-home mom like my parents expect, but I want it to be my own damn choice, not a cultural imperative. I want the option of working, whether it's because I want to, or because I need to.

Guys don't want to shell out for child support, much less care for their baby mamas, while men prefer an independent woman who can take care of herself. Personally, the idea of being totally dependent on a man (economically or otherwise) makes me want to hurl.

Besides, the chances of my ever getting married (I'm leaving Nick out of this for obvious reasons) are slim-to-none.

If I can't get a regular job, then fine, I'll work for myself. I just wish I could find something I can do that will let me make a decent living...

User Image User Image

Good luck hon, I know you'll get a job somewhere down the road. Next time they tell you to get one, tell them that people are asking for a college degree, something that they don't want to get you. Make it sound like it's their fault (which really is).
      And think of it this way, if the guy's not happy supporting you in whatever you need supporting, then that guy's not for you. And don't count Nick out. I mean, who needs marriage when you hate the guy? Ain't it enough that you both love one another and you stay true to each other? You may not be married to Nick, but as long as you love one another, what's the problem then? Screw what your family thinks of you, from what I can see from what you've written, they're nothing but some pain in the bum. The world's a big place, you can move if you want to.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:51 am
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

Good luck hon, I know you'll get a job somewhere down the road. Next time they tell you to get one, tell them that people are asking for a college degree, something that they don't want to get you. Make it sound like it's their fault (which really is).
      And think of it this way, if the guy's not happy supporting you in whatever you need supporting, then that guy's not for you. And don't count Nick out. I mean, who needs marriage when you hate the guy? Ain't it enough that you both love one another and you stay true to each other? You may not be married to Nick, but as long as you love one another, what's the problem then? Screw what your family thinks of you, from what I can see from what you've written, they're nothing but some pain in the bum. The world's a big place, you can move if you want to.

User ImageUser Image

emotion_hug Thanks hon. Yeah, I've told them as much, that I can't find a job because of no degree and no car. A lot of people won;t hire you if you don't own a car. OWN, not just have access to one.

If I do land a job, I'm going to start saving up so I can move out. I'm sick of this crap.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Pengi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 am
Holy cow I just read the journal posts and wow eek I really admire your guts in, well, everything. I really hope your relationship with Nick goes well - I really think you deserve to be happy with everything else that's gone on in your life 3nodding  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff