Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Luchino Caffe ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image
User Image

here's to the crazy ones. the misfits. the rebels. the troublemakers - - -
luchino cafe
no one
welp
impish
single

Ivory chewed her lip as she anxiously waited for Loki to appear. She didn't think it was a date. But it could be, couldn't it? They did an awful lot of flirting the last time they saw each other. He hadn't gotten a girlfriend during the summer that she hadn't been told about, had he? Ivory shook her head, ignoring all those thoughts. He wanted to go out with her, obviously for a reason, so she shouldn't worry too much...right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - and while some may see them as the crazy ones, i see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to thinkthey can change the world, are the ones who do ✎ ✎ ✎

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:42 pm
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki rushed in, fearing he had been late! He had finally gotten a date with the lovely blond he had met at the park a while back and he nearly blew it because he had worn his work clothing. He was not going to meet her in those cloths. When he saw her there, in all her beauty he felt himself stop. She had been sure he had been idealizing her beauty, but he had not been. He then flashed her a lopsided smile and walked over. "Dove! I hope I an't late" he said, looking a tad sheepish and rubbing the back of his neck. His accent was thick as always. He pointed at a table near a window. "...light Polly and ice today, don't you think?" He asked.
Rawwry

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:14 pm
User Image
User Image

here's to the crazy ones. the misfits. the rebels. the troublemakers - - -
luchino cafe
no one
welp
impish
single

Ivory looked up as Loki hurried through the door and grinned up at him. Even in his sheepish state, he was still very attractive. Maybe even a bit more so when he rubbed the back of his neck.
"No, no. You're fine." Ivory peered out the window and nodded in agreement. She nodded to the booth, "You wanna sit down, then?"

--- --- --- --- and while some may see them as the crazy ones, i see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do ✎✎✎

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm
User Image
User Image

█████████ m y j o u r n a l m y p e n h a v e y o u s e e n t h e m ? █████████

✖ d i a g o n a l l e y s t r e e t s
b y m y s e l f ✖
m a n y t h i n g s
c o n t e m p l a t i v e ✖
✖ s i n g l e
✖ o o c : new formaaaaaaat!

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - w h e n o n e i s i n d o u b t , r e m e m b e r ███████████████

Ava didn't miss the slight strains of the over Ava's smiles. He was a bit too observant for that, so he tried his best to get the conversation ball rolling. He was having fun too, to be honest. They walked into the shop, arms looped together casually as he let out a quiet cough of disagreement. The topic on hand was books. When one in particular was brought up, it caused a few reactions from him.

The slight, almost pouty, even, frown on his face contrasted with the laughing smile of Ava, probably taking amusement from his less-than-stellar reactions. He pursed his lips in disapproval. "Twilight. Uh-hrm," he responded, not really knowing that to say. "I tried it on a whim-- because I was told it was good, you see," he explained, waving his free hand slightly in an exasperated gesture as he spoke and continued, "It really wasn't-- I don't know what people were thinking!" The blonde huffed, trying not to cross his arms in irritation.

It was a pretty sore subject for him and he had ended up seriously disappointed. When they reached an empty table, Ava pulled out a chair for his new friend before slipping back into his own designated seat, continuing his rant. "You see, it is highly improbable that vampires sparkle and is more than a bit disturbing, really, what happens in the fourth book and it is just far too odd for me, and I've read and seen about a lot of different things," he ranted, though his tone was gentle. Guh, his tones were always gentle. He never really managed to pull off the raging theme.

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - a r t i s t h e k e y t o t h e w i n d o w s o f t h e s o u l ███████████████

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki flashed a grin and pulled out her seat. He made a hand gesture as if to say "Lady's first". He then took his place. "A' was your summer golden dove? I 'open it went 'eaven an 'ell!" He said, seeming to be pretty happy today and... Maybe as if he had had a few sodas full of sugar before he came. But he was polite as always. "My summer was mostly 'ell, but I can't complain!"
Rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

Let's turn this ยק a little bit ℓøυ∂εя.
                                                        Keep
                                                        ṡιиģιиģ along as the night gets ℓøиģεя.

Avalon couldn't help the laughter bubbling from her throat nonchalantly. This boy was actually making her laugh and smile for real. She hadn't done that in what felt like years. But how could she not laugh at his pouty lips and exuberant hate of a book series? It was utterly hilarious. Finally she grabbed his hands which were swaying this way and that as he spoke, to stop him from hitting any poor by stander.

"Not a good book. I get it. I promise I won't read them." She said still chuckling under her breath as she dragged him over to a table and took a seat with him. "But what exactly is wrong with sparkly people? Maybe the author just labeled them as vampires wrongly. Maybe they were really blood sucking fairies!" She teased him, smirking and mimicking his wild hand gestures as she spoke. As if the book and topic were really much of a matter to her.

As she looked at the menu, she wondered silently if she could convince these muggles that she was indeed of legal age to drink and if the cafe even sold alchol of any sort. She had come to London for two reasons only. One was to get drunk off her a**, and the other was to find some poor dude to sleep with and amuse herself with until she had to return home. Instead she had found an adorable boy that would take more time than a day.... so she at least had to get her other plan done with... right?

"So besides books, what exactly do you do with your time Ava?" It sounded weird, hearing her own name roll off of her tongue directed at another person. She'd have to get used to that. Of course she wasn't going to keep this boy around forever. She never kept anyone around for to long. All she had to do for now, was keep him talking about himself so she didn't have to answer questions about herself. The more lies you tell, the easier it is to slip up and then you get caught. Better to just listen and make it seem like you're talking.

OOC: Outfit in picture.

These are the ∂αÿṡ that we will always яεмεмвεя.
                                                        Chasing the
                                                        иιģнτ to make our days вεττεя.

Lady Pomegranates

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane stepped out of the rain and into the restaurant, Darcy close by her side. She instantly took a deep breath and was filled with a rather pleasant aroma of food. This place had apparently improved over the years, much less greasy, but still wasn't exactly what she'd call romantic. The only really romantic place they could think of was La Petite, and they had decided they would rather not have Luke looking over their shoulder the entire time. She loved the man like her own father but she'd rather have a little privacy with the man she was going to marry. That made her smile for about the hundred millionth time since the engagement.

She sat gracefully down at the nearest table and crossed her ankles, her mind suddenly on food. She was rather hungry and could use some carbs right now. Hm...would they have carbs at the wedding dinner? She didn't have the slightest clue. At this point she wasn't even completely sure of the location...or date. There was certainly a lot to accomplish and she couldn't wait for it to be done so she could finally marry the man she loved. She smiled happily once again.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR. DO NOT REMOVE.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 am
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
You're feeling sad, you're feeling lonely
Hold on
User Image

Darcy followed Jane inside the cafe only having been inside its walls once or twice. He sniffed the air appreciatively and thought that this might be a nice place to catch a bite to eat, then again any place where he could be with his fiance, alone, was splendid. Not that he didn't love his family but since the engagement they had become a tad overbearing. But in the nicest of ways! He took the seat right in front of her at the table of her choosing and watched, with fond blue eyes, as she had what looked to be an inner monologue or debate going inside like usual. It was one of the things he found both facisnating and adorable about his fiance...did he mention how much he really liked that word? It meant so much more than just "girlfriend" and it was almost like a really good hors d'oeuvre right before an even more special meal, or in his case the word "wife." Merlin he was giddy just thinking about it! Seeing her smile happily he couldn't help but grin right back before tapping her hand gently. "Hey there, wanna let this simpleton in on the marvelous workings of your thoughts, love?" Darcy asked teasingly.

Hold on if you feel like letting go
Hold on it gets better than you know
Your days
You say they're way too long
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:24 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane was suddenly brought back into reality but the familiar warmth of Darcy's hand. She stared deeply at him, a smile spreading completely over her face. He was marvelous. She took his hand and rubbed his thumb over the palm of his hand. How on earth had she ever gotten so lucky? She'd had her fair share of hardships in her life. That was no question but somehow her life had become...well perfect. It seemed like that to her anyway. "I guess I'm just thinking about the wedding." She said rather simply. "There's kind of a lot to do." She added. She wondered silent if Darcy wanted to plan things, or even if he was in a rush. That was hardly fair of her to even question. It had just always seemed to her that she would meet someone, she'd leave school, and then get married. So far her life had not remotely gone as planned, not that it was a bad thing. It did occur to her that some people waited years after the engagment to marry. That was far from what she had in mind. She wanted to be marry as soon as she could. As soon as she could with still planning the wedding of her dreams of course. She smiled a bit. "I mean we don't even have a date." She said, trying hard not to sound pushy in any way. They could take there time if they needed it.

ooc;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:01 pm
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
Hold on
User Image

Darcy listened to Jane's mild anxiety over the wedding planning and couldn't contain a soft chuckle. He had been thinking of it, not as much as she probably had been but enough to know that if he had the choice they would have been married two weeks ago and still on their honeymoon today. The thought of spending weeks on end with nobody else but his soon-to-be-wife brought a flush to his face and caused a lump in his throat. He couldn't afford to go down that road! If he started there would end up somewhere with a bundle of cloth pressed into his arms by a mediwizard looking at a mop of familiar colored hair and their mother's beautiful green eyes. Nope, nope, nope! Darcy came back to the present to the soft feeling of his love's hand still in his own and her voice washing over him like a gentle wave. He grinned sheepishly hoping she didn't notice his slight wandering and thought of her words with a hum. "Well, I know this sounds a bit cheesy but erm...I was kinda thinking we could get married sometime in the Spring? The thought of you in a long white dress with flowers in your hair, and a beautiful lace veil and train....umm, too much?" he asked embarrassed.

Your days
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:11 pm
User Image

User Image

Jane couldn't help but blush slightly. Her cheeks were hot and it felt nice. She couldn't help but remember when they had first meet. Just thinking about him had made her all giggly. It still did when she was lucky. It was really fantastic, she still wasn't completely out of her raging teenage hormones. She didn't mind. It made wedding planning all that much better. She just wanted to kiss him and run her hands through his blonde hair, maybe take sit on his lap. Yep, that sounded nice. Though this was hardly the time. After all, she had morals. Yet there was so much to do, so much to accomplish. She took his hands once again and laid her head on them slightly. It felt wonderful. "That sounds beautiful, absolutely beautiful." She said seeing it completely in her mind. Every single detail was perfect in her mind. The white dress, flowers in her hair. She saw herself but most of all she saw Darcy. He was as beautiful as she was suppose to be. Something touched her, knowing she would spend eternity with him. She shook her head imperceptibly, this was not the time to be getting emotional. She could save that for the wedding. "I was thinking over Easter maybe. Somewhere warm and outside." She smiled and bit her bottom lip. "The real question is where is that?" She said with a warm laugh holding him tightly.

ooc;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
Hold on
User Image

Darcy grinned, happy that Jane hadn't thought him weird for his ideas but actually seemed to love them. He was nervous because of all the horror stories he had heard from people on how the bride wanted everything perfect for her wedding and rarely took the advice or words from the groom into consideration and had thought the worse. Of course now he realizes just how silly and unjustifiable he had been thinking towards his fiance; she was spirited yes (it was one of the many reasons he loved her as much as he did) but she cared about his thoughts and feelings to much to just monopolize the, single greatest day of their lives. Well..right up until they have children of course. Dammit, there he goes again thinking of a glowing Jane, belly round and full with child, then Jane holding a little bundle, then said little bundle growing up to have his hair but her startling green eyes, he was teaching them to tinker and...hang on was that Jane pregnant again?! Ack! Now wasn't the time! Darcy pulled himself back into the present just as his fiance (still not used to saying it!) told him her thoughts of perhaps an Easter wedding and her smile got even brighter at the thought. "I love it! Easter is usually a time of beginnings and our wedding is the beginning of the rest of our lives together." At the where he hummed as he thought, absentmindedly tapping his long fingers on top of her own. "What about Finsburry Park? Its rather muggle but if we tell the Ministry I'm sure if they a few notice-me-not charms we could do it there." he shrugged rather lost himself.

Your days
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:08 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you took the time to memorize me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMY xxxFEARS xxxMY xxxHOPES xxxAND xxxDREAMS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I just like hangin' out with you all the time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxall those ❛ ♔ times that you didn't leave
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI xxxLOVE xxxYOU xxxBECAUSE xxxYOU xxxHAVE xxxGIVEN xxxME
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no choice but to stay, stay, stay !

Jane stared into Darcy's eyes for a moment and studied them deeply and laughed slightly to herself. She was getting married, her brain starting moving quickly. Oh there was so much to plan. They had a date, that was a promising start. Now they only needed a location, flowers, a dress. Okay so maybe they were nowhere close. They had time. She smiled to herself and listened to his every word and something suddenly clicked within her brain. She gasped suddenly and grabbed his hand tightly. "I have an idea." She felt slightly bad about having completely ignored his suggestion about the park but this was so much better. Of course that made her feel even worse. Was she taking over? She blew a hair from her face. "We could get married at the estate." Of course, she had wanted this since she was a little girl. The Decoursey Manor was her family's estate and had been owned by them for centuries. Many of her family members had been married there over the years and now...it was her turn. Now she just had to worry about the whole muggle situation. Jane suddenly realized she was distracted and had ignored Darcy more than a little. She looked at Darcy's beautiful beautiful eyes once again and smile awkwardly and drummed her fingers along the nearby table.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image
Fiona is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Fashionable at Luchino Caffespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Business'll pick up soon...' spacespac

◆ ◆ ◆ Should I choose the smoothest course? Steady as
The beating drum. Is all my dreaming at an end? ◆ ◆ ◆
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceFiona sat alone in the cafe, hands tight on the coffee mug the waitress had brought her, staring down into it. She was hitting one of her depressive moments again. She hadn't seen Nicole in forever, what with the woman being busy with that boyfriend of hers, and business had been predictably slow. Here in another month or so, it'd pick up, what with students needing new school robes or needing the ones they had tailored, but as of right now, she was spending most of her days alone in the backroom, huddled over a sewing machine. She sighed and took a small sip of the coffee, her eyes glancing at the menu. She knew she was hungry, knew she needed to eat, but damn if she could work up the enthusiasm to bother with it. She sighed, reminding herself that curves like hers didn't come free, and looked it over, trying to figure out what sounded the least like it'd taste like nothing. She chewed her lip a bit, fingers tapping the tabletop. Nothing was screaming at her; there were a couple of things that sounded good on an intellectual level (that is, her brain knew it'd be tasty), but her appetite wasn't going for it. She sighed, looking up and around the small cafe, feeling rather silly. She finally admitted to herself that the reason she'd begun frequenting this place was because she was rather hoping to run into a certain someone... It'd been over a year since they'd met at the library and come here for coffee, but she'd rather enjoyed his company. He was fun, new, and his career meant that he had some rather fascinating stories to tell. She'd liked hearing them... given that he'd been the one to find this place, she'd sort of hoped that he liked coming here when he was in the country. Apparently not, though, since it'd been a good long while and she hadn't run into him once. Or maybe they kept missing each other... she sighed. Was she really that desperate for company, that she was stalking a cafe hoping for a guy she'd met once to show up? Apparently so, she thought, taking a sip from her coffee, rather dejected at the thought. God, she was becoming rather pathetic, wasn't she?

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ◆ ◆ ◆ Or, do you still wait for me, Dream Giver,
                                                              Just around the riverbend... ◆ ◆ ◆

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Lady Pomegranates

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 am

Running a hand through his hair, the man strode his way down the path, dark eyes taking in the sights around him. The last time he had been here was, what-- a year ago? Yes, a year ago, with delightful company and weather freezing enough to snap off an old man's toes. Such a contrast to today. Where there used to be the howl of a biting wind and the slight pitter-patter of rain, there was birdsong and chatter from the people around him, any semblance of winter gone as blue skies and golden sunshine dominated the scene, everyone relishing the final arrival of summer in England.

He really didn't need any more sun-- Nigeria was proof of that, he'd only managed to barely escape sunburns by slathering a bottle of sunscreen on his body every time he went out-- but this kind of sun was so nice, he could spend hours out just lazing. It was pleasantly warm, had a winter's chance of even searing his skin and didn't require any application of SPF lotion. Yes, the English sun was good. Now, if only it came out a bit more often.

Reaching his destination-- he'd almost walked by it-- Jaime pushed open the glass doors, hearing the chimes tinkle as he stepped in. Waving a hand at the barista who shouted a greeting-- he had a lot of friends here, to be honest. It was a frequent haunt from him both in the days of old and when he was on the continent-- the redhead walked over, greeting the cheery woman and the slightly sullen young man he'd come to know well over the years. Making some small talk, mostly things about his job, his young charge and the recent acquisition of his Nigerian accent, the archaeologist laughed and placed his order, taking his leave as he went to find a seat.

Looking around for an empty table, Jaime walked towards one, intending to take it before a flash of colour caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. Taking a few steps back, the redhead realized it was a familiar face and, grin catching on his lips, went to announce his presence to the woman. Tapping her on the shoulder, Jaime grinned, opening his mouth to speak. "Fancy seeing you here!" he laughed, the o's and e's of his speech bending a little more than his non-accent the last time they'd met. Shifting his position so he was standing more next to the table than behind her, he continued, the bright smile still on. He was in a good mood. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, waiting for her answer with a smile.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items