Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Restaurant and Lucky bar ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chelle and Lyvspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It was so not twenty tries...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Ada watched Michelle with an arched brow when the waitress returned. She could tell the Slytherin was trying really, really hard not to be mean to the waitress. Unfortunately, her facial expression did all the work for her. It was fairly obvious that the girl's presence annoyed her. Ada bit back a sigh. Baby steps, she supposed. She offered the waitress a smile. [b"I'm fine, thank you," she told her, and then set to eating. She'd been a lot hungrier than she'd initially thought, she realized as she took the first couple of bites. Her stomach was cramping a bit.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

A moment later the waitress returned with the malt vinegar and then disappeared once again. Michelle sighed and dug into her food silently. She had been trying her best to be what Ada called 'nice' but it was hard! and boring! She chewed her bite thoughtfully and glanced at Ada, smiling at her slightly, before motioning towards Olyvia. The younger girl was scarfing down her fish and chips like the world was going to end in a few minutes. Michelle found it rather amusing. She knew exactly what the younger girl was thinking. The faster they ate.... the faster they went to get her broom. She smirked and took another bite of her food. The young girl was shoveling food into her mouth so fast, Michelle was starting to wonder if she had forgotten how to chew.... or breathe. She chucked under her breath and immediately received a glare from her little sister.... which only proved to make her laugh harder. Olyvia glared at her and kicked at her under the table before continue to chew her fish and chips as quickly as she possibly could. She only paused in her eating for a few seconds to take sips of her drink and stick her tongue out at Michelle a couple times.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:02 am
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chelle and Lyvspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It was so not twenty tries...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

Adalaide watched as the two sisters seemed to hold an entire conversation without saying a single word. It must be nice to know someone so well. She didn't think she'd ever be that close to Sebastian. After all, she'd be out of school by the time he was even capable of truly conversing with anyone. That was sort of sad, she thought, sipping her tea. They were twelve years apart in age; how could they ever really relate to one another? Ada finished her food, smiling a bit. "Looks like we'll be getting your broom soon, Lyv." She gestured for the waitress and asked for the check, which was promptly brought to her and paid. She set a bit of money on the table, a twenty percent tip, and waited for Michelle and Lyv to be ready to go. "I hope you can remember the way back, Michelle. Obviously my sense of direction is about as good as a child who's been sitting on the merry-go-round too long." In a much better mood now, Ada didn't mind poking a bit of fun at herself.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 pm
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle smirked and finished her food as Ada spoke. She pushed her plate back and took a sip of tea. "I guess we can get your broom now Lyv." She said, watching as Ada paid the bill and then stood. She smirked at Ada's teasing words about herself and stood as well. "I'm sure I can find our way back much quicker than if we let you lead." She said winking at her friend teasingly and leading the way out of the restaurant."Have a fabulous day~" The waitress called after them and Michelle refrained from rolling her eyes and instead started the way down the street. She couldn't decide if she liked this......normal life. It was strange to her.

Olyvia immediately scarfed down the last few bites of her food the minute Ada mentioned her broom. She smiled brightly and when the two older girls stood, she was on her feet as well. She giggled happily and waved to the waitress as they left the restaurant. Her mind was consumed with what kind of broom she was going to get. She was so excited to finally be getting one of her own. She hoped she made the quidditch team again. She had had so much fun this year on the team, and even though she really hadn't made that many friends over the year, she felt like the rest of the Hufflepuff team were kind of her friends.... which made her lack of real friends kind of okay. She chewed on her lip and smiled happily. She was so happy to finally be away from her father. He was her father... but the key word in that sentence was 'was' in her mind. He had lost that title the minute he had started hurting them so much.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 pm
Hey there father, I don’t want to bother you
But I’ve got a sin to confess
I’m just sixteen if you know what I mean,

Do you mind if I take off my dress?
Don’t know where to start, let me get to the good parts
Might want to cross up your legs
I’ve got envy, I’ve got greed, anything that you need

And I’m not above having to beg

User Image
𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

”Two dragon barrel brandys,” Cersei flashed a carnal smile, violet eyes glowing. The tender almost hesitated, almost meant to inquire for her ID, and on top of that, the identification of the guest she was waiting for. The graze of pearls against her fleshy lips was enough to send him reeling, he nodded and disappeared and all the while was left wondering just why he couldn’t remember what he was doing. Cersei, of course, had to giggle, because she knew exactly why. She sighed and drummed her fingers against the booth she was at while she waited for Remy to meet her.

The owl had been sent at least a week ago, there was no reason why Remy wouldn’t have gotten it—unless, of course, she forgot. Cersei shrugged. Her flannel shirt slipped off her shoulder to reveal the crop top ‘Dope’ shirt underneath, but she slipped her over shirt back up on her shoulders. There was no reason for him to be exposed. Him, she sighed as she glanced down at the snake that was hidden in the shadows under her clothes, tucked beneath her dark hair, just in case. She still needed to name him, but he didn’t seem too fond of the concept. ”Thank you,” she smiled and took her drink, hasty lips found the black straw to let it cleanse her throat with a liquid fire. The server, again, paused as though to speak. She flashed violet eyes up at him and smiled, she could see the confusion muster in his eyes as another waitress fought to steal his attention and get him back to work.

Really, she didn't know how else to occupy her time while she waited.

User Image //Translation: //
My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Luckys Restaurant
---------- Drinking
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm
User Image

User Image
Never win first φɬɐȼȩ
I don't support the τэӑϻ
I can't take ɖɩяɇҁҭῑσὴ
and my socks are ȵεѵȅɍ clean

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a
Ӈӑʑᾀȓδ Ϯɸ Ӎɣϛҽɭʄ

Remy walked in, heels clicking. Her hair was swept across her face, only one of the electric gold eyes visible. A heavy chain necklace laid on her neck, accenting her ever so slightly more mature features that had become noticeable due to her lack of hair to hide behind. The young adult walked across the room, then sat beside Cersei. "What have you chosen for us to drink?" Her words were soft, yet somehow commanded attention. A light smirk caressed her lips, which had a deep red color to them. She had done her make-up to try and look appropriate for a bar... thing, including black eyeliner, a smokey effect on her eyelids, and of course, the lipstick. It had been fun, yes, trying to go from her day-to-day look, to something so... so mature.

Essy ze Ninja

Don't let me get me
I'm my own
ϣѳɹʂț еȵɘϻӱ
Đόɳ'τ ʍαɴπӓ ϐѯ
my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
Teachers ʛяɑɗəȡ me
My parents ҕᾅҭӭɖ me
I was always in a ϝῗɠђҭ
cuz I can't do ήӫȶӈȉᾐ' right

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 pm

User Image
𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

”Brandy, I wasn’t sure what you’d want so I—“ Cersei blinked, her lips purred an answer instinctively at the sound of a familiar voice. It wasn’t until Remy had rounded around the small corner to join her at the booth did Cersei abruptly halt in her speech to drop her jaw and blink, and blink, and blink. ”You—“ Cersei finally found her voice, she shook her head and gathered her thoughts, swiping away a small droplet of drool from the corner of her lips. ”Oh my Merlin—look at you! Your hair! She was stunned.

She shook her head rapidly back and forth, jaw still slightly agape and inching lower with every second as she tried to surmise just exactly what she was thinking. ”Oh my god, Remy, you look hot. Cersei broke into a fit of giggles, silence overtaking her only after her lower jaw slipped and fell to the floor again. ”But oh my god! Your hair! What were you thinking! Why?! I loved your hair! And, ugh! I love that dress!” She gushed, bright violet eyes still wide as can be. She shook her head, laughing still; it was such a change to see her like this! She’d never been able to picture Remy with short hair before, and now, now it was almost hard to picture her with her long flowing locks! ”Definitely cute, though, I cannot deny. But, seriously—why?

“I thought you loved your long hair?”
She leaned back in her seat, fingers coiled around her glass as she settled down into normalcy, a serious tone taking to her low, carnal voice as she sought out any answer she might find. Maybe Rufus likes short hair? Cersei dared to wonder, but, no, that couldn’t be right, unless he preferred having hair longer than his girlfriends, which, she couldn’t imagine too many people would (y’know, willingly!) But it was all rumors, anyway, she’d never had the chance to talk to Remy about, or in the least, see it for herself.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Luckys Restaurant
---------- Drinking with Remy
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 pm
User Image

User Image
Never win first φɬɐȼȩ
I don't support the τэӑϻ
I can't take ɖɩяɇҁҭῑσὴ

I'm a
Ӈӑʑᾀȓδ Ϯɸ Ӎɣϛҽɭʄ

Remy smiled at the mention of brandy. It was weird to think that she was, in the magical world, able to drink. She sipped the drink, then cringed. That... tasted awful. Oh well. When Cersei noticed her hair, Remy smirked a bit. The younger girl seemed a bit.... shocked. The violet eyed girl was apparently curious about Remy's hair, so the latter gave a toothy smirk, her canines pressing down on her lower lip. "It was time for a change, and what better way than to completely go for it?" Of course, that was... mostly a lie. She'd been depressed in the moment, unable to look at herself. Now, though, she was... better? Was that the correct thing to say? "So what about you, Cersei? How have you been lately?" The werewolf could smell a snake, but she didn't mention it, as the smell was mostly overpowered by that of Cersei herself. The one visible gold eye was staring directly into the half-Veela's own eyes, trying to determine just what was running through the other girl's head. Alas, Remy wasn't a Legilimens, so it was nearly useless. Nearly, but not completely.

{OoC: Sorry 'bout the derpy post. I'm having trouble considering Remy... "sexy" xD}
Essy ze Ninja

Don't let me get me
I'm my own
ϣѳɹʂț еȵɘϻӱ
Đόɳ'τ ʍαɴπӓ ϐѯ
my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
Teachers ʛяɑɗəȡ me
My parents ҕᾅҭӭɖ me
I was always in a ϝῗɠђҭ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:16 pm

User Image
𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

”Well,” she giggled endearingly, ”you certainly went and got it.” A small wink and she suppressed her giggles into the rim of her glass as she sipped tentatively. She flipped her hair, and it struck her just weird it was to know that her own mane was now much longer than Remy’s. She almost wanted to frown, she missed brushing and braiding her long hair.

”Me?” She blinked as she snapped from her thoughts, the daze of her mind slowly sweeping away. ”Oh… nothing really—oh! But I did finally drop out of school,” she shrugged. ”It wasn’t that hard, I just had to get my mum to sign off on another summer ‘camp’ she usually tries to force me into.” She smirked, wiggling her fingers appropriately at the mockery of a camp she narrowly avoided every summer (but the thing was, her mother didn’t actually have any magic to force her to do anything, so it worked out evenly.) ”I know, I know, I won’t be there to see you graduate, but, at least we’ll be able to see each other whenever afterwards—

“On accounta’ I’m not in school anymore.”
She grinned, obviously pleased with herself. ”I’m thinking I should get a job, somewhere fun, but I haven’t a clue where… And I utterly failed my OWL’s, might as well be rubbish.” She mused, until she realized she was just rambling again. ”Anyway, your hair is really cute—you’ll have to tell me where you got it done at. And how’ve you been? I haven’t really the chance to talk to you much…” The last time she’d really seen Remy, and actually almost spoke, was in the common room, while Minn was assessing a petition in her name. Cersei was the first, maybe even only, signature other than Minn’s that had made it onto the list.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Luckys Restaurant
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:47 pm
User Image

User Image
Never win first φɬɐȼȩ
I don't support the τэӑϻ
I can't take ɖɩяɇҁҭῑσὴ

I'm a
Ӈӑʑᾀȓδ Ϯɸ Ӎɣϛҽɭʄ

Remy nodded in agreement at Cersei's saying she went and got her change. The older teen took another sip of her brandy, just to choke on it when the younger said she'd dropped out. She looked incredulous, but knew she had to support her friend regardless. "Well, I'm not one much to talk, given I've not felt the need to drop out, bu I can see why you did. Some people just don't do well in school... then some do too well...." She trailed off a bit, having lost her train of thought. At mention of Cersei not being there for her graduation, Remy gave a mischievous smirk. "Yes you will be. I can apparate now, can't I?" She gave a wink, then sipped her brandy. At least she was getting accustomed to the odd taste. She simply nodded as Cersei mentioned failing her OWLs, remembering she'd failed more than one class herself. She giggled, almost madly, when asked where she'd gotten her hair done. "Oh this? I did it myself with a straight razor in the Prefect's Bath. Other than that I'm doing.... okay, I suppose? I got kicked from Captain last term for trying to 'cheat' against the Slytherins. Whatever. I didn't get offed from the team in full, so I can still kick arse across the Pitch this year. Though, it won't be quite the same without my cheerleader there." Remy cracked a grin, remembering Cersei braving the cold to dress in cheer uniform and wave pompoms for her. The gold eyed teen promised she'd one day return the favor, even if it was something simple. For now, though, it could wait.

{OoC:}
Essy ze Ninja

Don't let me get me
I'm my own
ϣѳɹʂț еȵɘϻӱ
Đόɳ'τ ʍαɴπӓ ϐѯ
my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
Teachers ʛяɑɗəȡ me
My parents ҕᾅҭӭɖ me
I was always in a ϝῗɠђҭ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 am

User Image
𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

She giggled as she shrugged her shoulders, a manicured finger swirled her glass of brandy slowly, pausing only to suck the excess alcohol off of her finger without much a thought. ”School is definitely not for some people.” She agreed, and when Remy flipped to the opposite side of the same coin, it wasn’t without a curious look and a risen brow from Cersei. Something was definitely distracting her friend, that much she could tell, but what or who it may have been, she had no idea. And to be honest, she wasn’t even sure if she was sure about herself-!

Maybe she should just stop thinking, though… ”Oh I will be, will I? Sounds like a brilliant plan.” She winked. ”Oh like ruddy hell you did!” She blinked, but Remy’s conniving smile and mad giggling would only lead Cersei to believe that it was true. ”Oh, you git! You mean all this time I was doing your hair, and you’ve coulda done mine, too!” She feigned her anger, stuck out her tongue at Remy and laughed through her clenched grin. Besides, it wasn’t like Cersei spent very much time doing anything to her hair, anyway. She quite liked it as it was, straight.

”Oo, yeah, I heard about all that.” She frowned, but who didn’t hear about it? At least Remy wasn’t as depressed as Cersei thought she’d be. ”Well, at least you can still play, not like it’s the quidditch league, at least, y’know? It’s still just school.” A look of utter surprise and excitement shined in her lilac eyes. ”Oh my god. You remember that? It was soooo cold! And it took me forever to find the perfect shade of red for that outfit, bloody hell, you’d think there’d be more!

“And.. wait… if you do try to apparate to come get me… You don’t think they’re going to station any aurors or hit wizards around the grounds, since after everything that’s happened, do you? I mean, they’ve done it before, I think. Right?”
She blinked, a blank stare falling on her features as her mind swam through the gullible river of theories and rumors she’s heard throughout the years.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Luckys Restaurant
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:42 pm
User Image
Antony is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Handsome at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'God, if they could hear themselves talk...' spacespac

♈ ♈ ♈ 'Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?'
♈ ♈ ♈

Antony Tempest entered the establishment with a frown on his face and went straight to the bar, ordered a drink of something strong, and shot it down without a word. He ignored the bartender's odd look and gestured for another. Apparently he was something of an odd sight, although he couldn't imagine why. This place was hardly low-class enough for his moneyed looks to come as a surprise. He looked like a young businessman, something that surely wasn't so shocking. Men of his sort drank away their troubles often enough, didn't they? So why was he drawing the odd looks?

He sighed and resolved to drink this one slower. It wouldn't do for the man to decide to cut him off too soon. He had no where to go once he wore out his welcome here, except home. And he was here precisely to avoid his home. And his family. Particularly his father and his... aunt. An aunt he hadn't even known he had. One who'd just suddenly arrived at their home (although it'd obviously been planned, since Grandfather had summoned them to the Sitting Room to await her arrival) and proven herself to be just as awful as the rest of his family. He sighed again and, in spite of his intentions, immediately downed the drink. The bartender poured him another without request, so Antony offered him a nod and a tight smile. The man grunted in response and took off to serve another customer, leaving Antony alone. The young wizard stared down into his drink, frowning. He was sorry he'd left his daughter in that home to come here and avoid them all, but she was with Avis. He'd keep her company and keep her out of trouble, and away from the rest of them. Honestly, Antony was glad the boy'd turned out to be a Squib; it meant that he wasn't some horrible elitist like the rest of the family.

♈ ♈ ♈ 'Traveled the world and the seven seas
                                                                      Everybody's looking for something.'
                                                                      ♈ ♈ ♈

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
        But you don't even know the half of it
        I was raised to believe in miracles
        My life is so cold

User Image

Annabelle Emery Rich
        Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range Owner
        ╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

”Another martini,” Belle gestured with a sly curling finger to the bartender. Her empty cocktail glass was swiveled away behind the bar to be dunked into one of their sinks, and then busy hands poured the gin and vermouth. She was still playing with the speared olive from her last drink, there were two little black swords resting by her elbow, and another now in her teeth as she swallowed it whole. All around her, the room was draining of color, of light and sustenance. The world was a blur, flying by at insufferable speeds while she just… lingered.

Faces turned, and instinct bade of her to follow in sync. A man not so extraordinary approached, ordered his drink several seats down and drowned it all in one. The motion was slow, maybe fast to him, but for her, he seemed to be in just the same, slow miserable rut she was in. With the bright lights of the world flying by while standing here, in this same wasted space. She turned back down to her drink; she never noticed it being delivered. Her thoughts roamed. This man beside her looked familiar, but how? Just another faceless soul in the crowd, she supposed? Or, perhaps she met him through Devin?

And that thought alone had her reeling, her fingers habitually moved to her left ring finger, to twirl the engagement ring that she’d worn for so long, but now only had the faint pale line as proof that it was ever even there to begin with. She wanted to cry. And then she wanted to laugh. And then she wanted to laugh and cry and she knew she had to be bloody insane! Gingerly, she tilted her glass up and drained it dry.

”I’m sorry,” Belle finally spoke up, defeated. ”I just… I know I know you from somewhere…. Did you..?” She paused. She was about to ask if he’d gone to Hogwarts. But what if he was a muggle? And then her eyes lingered in his; they were so familiar. ”I-I remember you now, your family was always at those social circles, you’re Tempest, right?

“Hah, I remember you now, I tried to blame a broken vase on you in, oh, was it the McHalen Manor, maybe the Radcliffes? I don’t remember, but I know you were there. I don’t think anyone quite believed me, but, still…

“I suppose I should apologize for trying, anyway.”
        Her lips pulled up into a bemused smirk. This had to be him, it had to.

Fashionably: Martini Dream
        Troubles: Manic Depression

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image
Antony is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Handsome at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'God, if they could hear themselves talk...' spacespac

♈ ♈ ♈ 'Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree?'
♈ ♈ ♈

Antony felt her eyes on him, could see her staring out of the corner of his eyes. She was blurred, featureless; he wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or just his lack of attention... or rather, the fact that he was actively not looking at her, but he didn't see her, didn't know her. Or, so he thought. He'd sat there, hoping she'd turn away, hoping whatever had drawn her eyes to him would pass and she'd look somewhere else, anywhere else. He couldn't pick up a woman in a muggle bar, after all, even if he would want to. When she spoke, he turned his head, ever so slightly, just enough for her features to come into focus. She was pretty. Beautiful, really, if he were honest, and yet, nothing of interest to him. Just another girl, thinking he looked familiar... or using the premise that he did to break the ice and flirt.

He was about to tell her it was pointless, that he wasn't interested, when she said his name. Or, his surname. His brow crinkled in confusion, and he looked at her again, really looked at her this time. Where before he'd stopped at the pretty features, now he tried to place them, noting the hint of familiarity. He knew her, he must... but from where? She answered the question before he could ask, bringing up an old incident, one from long, long ago. He remembered it well; the accusation from the owner of the broken vase (and who had that been? For as well as he recalled the incident, he had no idea who had made the claim), the subsequent screaming when he'd returned home... Father had been so displeased. He'd protested his innocence, of course, and Lysandar had known. But he hadn't cared, because it was yet another excuse to let out his pent up aggression. Despite the fact that he'd been far too old to be lying about something so trivial, and had been horrible at lying anyway, he'd been treated like the culprit, and punished for lying about it.

He sighed in aggravation at the memory. He typically kept such things hidden, in the deep, dark recesses of his mind. They weren't exactly pleasant memories, after all. And her coming forward and admitting that she had been the one to break the vase, and to try and throw blame onto him, was not making him feel better about that particular event. He ignored her for a moment, ordered another drink, and took a couple sips of it before finally turning to her. He tried to think of something to say, but what could he possibly say? 'Hi, yes, I'm Tempest, Antony Tempest, and you made a week of my life a living hell and never even knew and probably wouldn't have cared'? That was wonderful conversation. And anyway, she didn't know, and he was being unfair. Had she known, she might've been incredibly regretful, after all. So, after opening his mouth and closing it a couple of times like a bloody idiot, he sighed, hand going to his forehead.
                                                                      "Right. Yes, that was me. Although, I don't quite remember you... then again, surely you didn't tell them it was me right in front of me, did you? Would've been hard to buy, that. And I was a ruddy awful liar, so my insistence that it wasn't me might've been the reason they didn't buy your story. If I'd have been lying, they'd have known it." Antony smirked a bit at that, though the expression was darkened by the memory of the subsequent punishment. Still, he did smirk, because really, she couldn't have chosen a worse person to try and throw the blame on. Not only had he been an awful liar, he'd been praised for his excellent behavior by everyone who knew him... being practically tortured by your father at every excuse tended to make a child sure to not give him one.

"Anyway, thanks for the apology. Not that it really matters now... after all that must've been... what, twelve years ago? Fifteen? I don't recall if I'd started school by that point or not..." He supposed that, to an outsider, the idea that he'd not started school until age eleven would seem strange, but it would make perfect sense to her. If she'd been present at the McHalen's, or the Radcliffe's home, at the same time as his own family, she had to be a witch, and likely a pureblood. "It was... a dinner party, right? What on Earth was it for? The holidays or some nonsense?" He snorted at that. He couldn't hardly imagine his family doing a damned thing for the holidays now. Father had the House-Elves put up a tree, decorate a bit, doting on Persephone, but that was the extent of it. He couldn't recall the last time they'd gone to a single social event... of course, with the arrival of his aunt (or return, though that seemed odd to him since she'd been away since before he'd been born), that might change. Grandfather had made a point of letting them know she was something of a socialite... and that at least one member of the family would be expected to accompany her. Antony thought the entire thing seemed suspicious, but he wouldn't question it. It wasn't his place, after all.

♈ ♈ ♈ 'Traveled the world and the seven seas
                                                                      Everybody's looking for something.'
                                                                      ♈ ♈ ♈

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
        But you don't even know the half of it
        I was raised to believe in miracles
        My life is so cold

User Image

Annabelle Emery Rich
        Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range Owner
        ╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Annabelle had gone mute. Had she said too much? Pale green eyes closed slowly, darting away as he had done to order his own drink. Unconsciously, she mirrored his motions, draping fingers across her own glass and tended to it carefully, as if her life, and it’s, weighed in the balance (and it very well might have.) Her eyes ravaged the bar, blacks and reds blurred together as one, dark browns were dark greens and oranges were reds. She blinked, it all seemed so natural to her, for the world was set in a dim green stage where the yellows and blues were all that stood out to her. Like his blonde hair and dim blue eyes, that’s how she knew it had to have been him, and his silence had only confirmed that further.

In the trenchant, dark depths, somewhere in her wanted a duel; Belle’s fingers twitched. His lingering silence strummed tight strings on her sanity, and a chorus of paranoia swept her (unfounded as it was.) But to be true, she wanted to laugh, she wanted to cry, she wanted to do it all at once until she choked on the dried salt and knocked herself out. (But that was becoming a reoccurring thought as of late.) No sooner as it’d come, however, it was gone and her mind was already assessing the next time, and the next place, and the next person, she might find herself drinking with. Until, of course, the man presently beside her had decidedly deemed her worthy enough to answer. ”You were quite older than I, I hadn’t even had my acceptance letter yet. And who bloody knows? Probably a baby shower, a birthday? It wasn’t too formal, or I would have remembered the “disappointment” that utterly followed,” she laughed and shook her head. ”Who the hell am I kidding? There was always disappointment,” she rolled her eyes. And wasn’t there? Every pureblood family had their secrets, most worse than others, but they were all there. They were all damned. And it was the children, always the children who suffered the most. She’d seen it in the eyes of every Slytherin she’d crossed. She was one too. The daughter, the only surviving heir who should have been a son.

”I remember you though, you… you weren’t like the other children. You were actually good. I was one of the little heathens always escaping, exploring, breaking, and playing in dirt with scabbed knees.” She tilted her head, martini glass firm in her fingers as she emblazoned her gaze on him pointedly. ”And you would never have fun.” She smirked. ”All the same, you probably would have gotten us all caught anyway.

“I’m Belle,”
        she waved her martini glass in greeting. ”You’ll probably know me better as Annabelle Rich, though,” she mused. ”Although I am toying with the thought of changing my last name, so we’ll see.” She raised her glass in cheers and drowned its contents in one, olive and all. She didn’t know why she was saying any of this, why it mattered or why it wouldn’t. Maybe she was drunk, but it felt nice to have something not so nice to say about her family… Although, she had to pride herself on not adding several colorful details; ’yes, that Rich, the one in debt with half her family dead, the other in prison, and her fiancé dead by dementor… that one.’ If she had, she might have started laughing, or crying, or both? It’s hard to tell these days…. But it hadn't mattered. She knew him just as well as she was sure he knew her; or at least, it was the names that were familiar and all that followed along. The stories, the secrets, the hushed whispers of grandmother to mother to child through the grapevine of the wizarding world. His wife had died, too, and he was left with a little girl all on his own. How.. familiar. "How have you and your family been, I can't believe I recall hearing anything in years... at least, since your daughter had been born. How is she?"

Fashionably: Martini Dream
        Details: Eighteen Years Old, 5’8”, Pureblood

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out