View Results

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:19 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Hm. I'm not sure how my saying that you using the word wicca is questioning your faith?? gonk

These people and other cults or religions you speak of are misusing the word, whether they are aware of it or not. Simple as that. They may call themselves wicca, but infact they are not wiccan because, unlike other english words with plenty of meanings, wicca has but one meaning that everyone should first understand before taking up any sort of witchcraft or tradition or pagan path.
+++++

Which brings me to the first couple of things everyone should learn about when studying and researching pagan paths and witchcraft. These were the very first things I've learned last year as I started to discover a whole new world~ ♥

idea Not all Witches are Wicca and Not all Witches are Pagan.
idea Question all you read and hear, not only on the internet (but especially, because of misinformation such as what you ladies have been saying) but in school and all aspects of your life. Critical thinking will help you understand and learn more than just taking it as it is because you thought someone was right or said they knew better, etc.
and yet you complain that we're questioning you
Especially since you assume so much yourself

Of course you don't realize it, since while you spew that there's no variations, that your "Wicca" is the one true style, you sound nothing more than the prep-slut teenage high school girl surrounded by her prep-slut friends that do nothing more than blindly agree to what you say when they're not going around banging every male they can
It wouldn't surprise me if you are one. Or even one of the clone followers

Get your head out of your a** and the past and accept that we are in the twenty-first century, a lot of stuff has changed, and yes, there are now variations of Wicca. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or any other religion you can think of
Saying that there's only "one true Wicca" and that those not part of it aren't true Wiccans is like saying that in Christianity, if you're not a Catholic, you're not a real Christian, you're misusing the name
So yes, your claim that she's misusing the term is questioning her faith

Why the personal attack? Its unnecessary.
what, you're having a problem because I used different ways to show how you're acting? "Sorry" for making it "personal"

The bolded is clearly a personal attack, and a poor assumption of the person I am or could be. This tells me that you infact DO think I am a highschool slut or a follower.
Clearly a diversion from the topic at hand~ I found it offensive and hurtful. If you do not stop comparing me to low standards as you are, then I will report you through gaia and the guild crew.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Kitalpha Hart
Kuudere-senpai
Hm. I'm not sure how my saying that you using the word wicca is questioning your faith?? gonk

These people and other cults or religions you speak of are misusing the word, whether they are aware of it or not. Simple as that. They may call themselves wicca, but infact they are not wiccan because, unlike other english words with plenty of meanings, wicca has but one meaning that everyone should first understand before taking up any sort of witchcraft or tradition or pagan path.
+++++

Which brings me to the first couple of things everyone should learn about when studying and researching pagan paths and witchcraft. These were the very first things I've learned last year as I started to discover a whole new world~ ♥

idea Not all Witches are Wicca and Not all Witches are Pagan.
idea Question all you read and hear, not only on the internet (but especially, because of misinformation such as what you ladies have been saying) but in school and all aspects of your life. Critical thinking will help you understand and learn more than just taking it as it is because you thought someone was right or said they knew better, etc.
and yet you complain that we're questioning you
Especially since you assume so much yourself

Of course you don't realize it, since while you spew that there's no variations, that your "Wicca" is the one true style, you sound nothing more than the prep-slut teenage high school girl surrounded by her prep-slut friends that do nothing more than blindly agree to what you say when they're not going around banging every male they can
It wouldn't surprise me if you are one. Or even one of the clone followers

Get your head out of your a** and the past and accept that we are in the twenty-first century, a lot of stuff has changed, and yes, there are now variations of Wicca. Or Christianity. Or Islam. Or any other religion you can think of
Saying that there's only "one true Wicca" and that those not part of it aren't true Wiccans is like saying that in Christianity, if you're not a Catholic, you're not a real Christian, you're misusing the name
So yes, your claim that she's misusing the term is questioning her faith

Why the personal attack? Its unnecessary.
what, you're having a problem because I used different ways to show how you're acting? "Sorry" for making it "personal"

The bolded is clearly a personal attack, and a poor assumption of the person I am or could be. This tells me that you infact DO think I am a highschool slut or a follower.
Clearly a diversion from the topic at hand~ I found it offensive and hurtful. If you do not stop comparing me to low standards as you are, then I will report you through gaia and the guild crew.
so, the point that I made of you acting like one for your cult is clear, then. Welcome to my Ignore List  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm
This be about Pagans. Not just Wicca, though the title be naming Wicca as well. May the thread be more on Pagan, please?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm
Orphan Flower

sorry, Wicca is a well known and commonly found one so it tends to get the most spotlight cat_sweatdrop

Kuudere-senpai

Kuudere, you mentioned in your post being interested in the Native American spirituality area right? sorry if I got that wrong, like I said, I don't really know much about that area. and you mentioned being a Hedge Witch I think too, right? Wicca has had enough time in the limelight, could you maybe explain some of that so the rest of us can learn more about it?  

StrayKit

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm
Orphan Flower
This be about Pagans. Not just Wicca, though the title be naming Wicca as well. May the thread be more on Pagan, please?

Usually I'd agree, but since this guild is a general chatting place~ Lets keep the word Wicca. Mostly because it is a hottopic word, and people are more familiar with it rather than Pagan alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere, you mentioned in your post being interested in the Native American spirituality area right? sorry if I got that wrong, like I said, I don't really know much about that area. and you mentioned being a Hedge Witch I think too, right? Wicca has had enough time in the limelight, could you maybe explain some of that so the rest of us can learn more about it?

Well Native Tradition is spiritual. Its also got some shamanistic elements with medicine men and women. Uhm~ Here, I'll link a site. Its got so much great information! Being native myself, I've experienced quite a bit of these rituals and traditions. However, I haven't in a very long time and only now are trying to reach out in my community. So I'm happy about that. Also, in the site, you'll have to click on the links above to learn more. Its a little odd set up with the links and text at the bottom. Haha. You'll know what I mean when you see it for yourself! xD;;

Hedgewitchry, I have yet to touch on~ I've only read up what it is and how to go about learning and practicing. But its definitely a spiritual experience. Its meditation with a ritual and using god and goddess or spirit guides of some sort to cross a "veil" of being. Its hard to explain, but its sort of a out of body experience. Uhm~ A link with a better explanation.

What I want to know is what you practice? ;D  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:38 pm
Kuudere-senpai
StrayKit

Well Native Tradition is spiritual. Its also got some shamanistic elements with medicine men and women. Uhm~ Here, I'll link a site. Its got so much great information! Being native myself, I've experienced quite a bit of these rituals and traditions. However, I haven't in a very long time and only now are trying to reach out in my community. So I'm happy about that. Also, in the site, you'll have to click on the links above to learn more. Its a little odd set up with the links and text at the bottom. Haha. You'll know what I mean when you see it for yourself! xD;;

Hedgewitchry, I have yet to touch on~ I've only read up what it is and how to go about learning and practicing. But its definitely a spiritual experience. Its meditation with a ritual and using god and goddess or spirit guides of some sort to cross a "veil" of being. Its hard to explain, but its sort of a out of body experience. Uhm~ A link with a better explanation.

What I want to know is what you practice? ;D

oh so a larger focus on spirituality. cool!

uh, well as I already said, I'm a solitary practitioner with Wicca. so I follow a god and a goddess both and I chose to follow from the ancient Egyptian Pantheon primarily. I focus mostly on things that are for health and protection. candle magic, stones, herbs, they're the main areas I focus on with that, sometimes incense too but not as often. I don't practice magick itself that frequently, if I can get by fine without it I won't use it for something. no point in asking for an extra power or force to do something you can do yourself, you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm
StrayKit

uh, well as I already said, I'm a solitary practitioner with Wicca. so I follow a god and a goddess both and I chose to follow from the ancient Egyptian Pantheon primarily. I focus mostly on things that are for health and protection. candle magic, stones, herbs, they're the main areas I focus on with that, sometimes incense too but not as often. I don't practice magick itself that frequently, if I can get by fine without it I won't use it for something. no point in asking for an extra power or force to do something you can do yourself, you know?

I have yet to find my deity or two. I'm more of a student and dont want to just jump in with what little I know. I do and have meditated to find a spirit animal though~ Which was a very enlightening experience, which is a part of my native heritage. :'D Only one animal so far, but apparently you can have 9 in your lifetime. I can't wait to be able to experience more when I feel more confident about my knowledge and "able"-ness to go further into a path.

I use to think that Helenismos was what I want looking for, because of the events celebrated and a full calendar with all the Greek Gods and Goddess and story, but turns out I'm just fascinated with their story and folklore than their actual practices. So that's scatched off as a religion for me.

I really like herblore, and energy work with stones and elements~ Oh, and divination! I've already did quite a bit with tarot divination than anything else I've touched on. I love it, and is so much fun. One of these days I'll incorporate them into an altar~ Looking forward to setting up an altar one day, for whatever it is I am follow as my pagan path.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Kuudere-senpai
StrayKit

I have yet to find my deity or two. I'm more of a student and dont want to just jump in with what little I know. I do and have meditated to find a spirit animal though~ Which was a very enlightening experience, which is a part of my native heritage. :'D Only one animal so far, but apparently you can have 9 in your lifetime. I can't wait to be able to experience more when I feel more confident about my knowledge and "able"-ness to go further into a path.

I use to think that Helenismos was what I want looking for, because of the events celebrated and a full calendar with all the Greek Gods and Goddess and story, but turns out I'm just fascinated with their story and folklore than their actual practices. So that's scatched off as a religion for me.

I really like herblore, and energy work with stones and elements~ Oh, and divination! I've already did quite a bit with tarot divination than anything else I've touched on. I love it, and is so much fun. One of these days I'll incorporate them into an altar~ Looking forward to setting up an altar one day, for whatever it is I am follow as my pagan path.

I haven't tried divination myself, it hasn't been a large interest of mine either though. my mom has offered to get me a tarot deck before though since they work best when you don't get them yourself. I was never sure I'd actually use one though so I always turned it down....beautiful artwork on a lot of the decks though

the main goddess I follow is Isis, I've always felt drawn to her and what she stands for and teaches. it started with the stories about her when I was little and grew from there. I started following her and that was that really. It might be part of why I focus on what I do. Health and protection fall under what she stands for.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 pm
StrayKit
I haven't tried divination myself, it hasn't been a large interest of mine either though. my mom has offered to get me a tarot deck before though since they work best when you don't get them yourself. I was never sure I'd actually use one though so I always turned it down....beautiful artwork on a lot of the decks though

the main goddess I follow is Isis, I've always felt drawn to her and what she stands for and teaches. it started with the stories about her when I was little and grew from there. I started following her and that was that really. It might be part of why I focus on what I do. Health and protection fall under what she stands for.
Oh gosh! There goes my radar again! You do not need to have a tarot deck gifted. Its an old wives tale and myth. Unnecessary superstition. ninja

I bought my first deck, and I fell in love with it at first sight! One thing I learned about myself and choosing a path, is that I need to "drawn" to it on a deeper level for it to mean anything and be good at it, and confident in my abilities. So when I bought my deck, I gifted it to myself through my stocking for xmas last year! Haha. So many days before xmas morning where I was tempted to just pluck it out and start right away, but surprisingly I waited. And so happy I did too~ I'm just ultra passionate about tarot cards and seem to be quite good at reading them as well. But still learning. There are difficult cards to read and combinations of cards I just can't "link" a story together in large spreads. Happens, which means I need more practice.

I've seen only a few decks in RL in shops and TONS online, but none of them "clicked" with me till I found this cute little thing in my local store in my small town! So I was amazed that my town even sold something lyke that! But the deck I choose seems to be more of a novelty among the tarot community, and none seem to use this deck for readings exclusively. In a recent conversation, a fella said that in his experience and understand~ its better to have a personal connection with a deck than to buy one because of popular demand. Then I didn't feel as left out for purchasing and using the deck for readings. I don't think I'll ever plan on looking for or buying a new deck! 4laugh heart

Ooh~ This sounds lyke it could be Kemetism? Your faith. Or was it just kemetic? >.< I'm not familiar with that, and have yet to read up on it. I've only just browsed general meaning and what they practice~ I think I need to start understanding and learning more about OTHER pagan paths, just for personal knowledge. Heh.

That forum Crooked Cauldron I've linked before is a great easy way to start and learn of basics for your own readings and searches. :'D  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 pm
Kuudere-senpai
StrayKit

Oh gosh! There goes my radar again! You do not need to have a tarot deck gifted. Its an old wives tale and myth. Unnecessary superstition. ninja

I bought my first deck, and I fell in love with it at first sight! One thing I learned about myself and choosing a path, is that I need to "drawn" to it on a deeper level for it to mean anything and be good at it, and confident in my abilities. So when I bought my deck, I gifted it to myself through my stocking for xmas last year! Haha. So many days before xmas morning where I was tempted to just pluck it out and start right away, but surprisingly I waited. And so happy I did too~ I'm just ultra passionate about tarot cards and seem to be quite good at reading them as well. But still learning. There are difficult cards to read and combinations of cards I just can't "link" a story together in large spreads. Happens, which means I need more practice.

I've seen only a few decks in RL in shops and TONS online, but none of them "clicked" with me till I found this cute little thing in my local store in my small town! So I was amazed that my town even sold something lyke that! But the deck I choose seems to be more of a novelty among the tarot community, and none seem to use this deck for readings exclusively. In a recent conversation, a fella said that in his experience and understand~ its better to have a personal connection with a deck than to buy one because of popular demand. Then I didn't feel as left out for purchasing and using the deck for readings. I don't think I'll ever plan on looking for or buying a new deck! 4laugh heart

Ooh~ This sounds lyke it could be Kemetism? Your faith. Or was it just kemetic? >.< I'm not familiar with that, and have yet to read up on it. I've only just browsed general meaning and what they practice~ I think I need to start understanding and learning more about OTHER pagan paths, just for personal knowledge. Heh.

That forum Crooked Cauldron I've linked before is a great easy way to start and learn of basics for your own readings and searches. :'D

well no, it isn't Kemetism exactly, I don't follow all of the gods in the pantheon but kudos for knowing it! No a lot of solitary practitioners will follow the same Wiccan path and will focus on a particular god and goddess "couple" for lack of a better word to follow the direct teachings of. my goddess happens to be Isis. but if I weren't Wiccan then yes, I would follow the other gods in the pantheon and call my faith Kemetism instead.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Orphan Flower

Usually I'd agree, but since this guild is a general chatting place~ Lets keep the word Wicca. Mostly because it is a hottopic word, and people are more familiar with it rather than Pagan alone.
What do you follow? I be learning more for I know not what I be. I feel that there be a spiritual deity but not the un-Pagan one.  

Orphan Flower

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:55 pm
I thought I'd share a new find I recently came upon! It is considered a reliable source, even though it is a blog.

Informed Pagan - What is Pagaism?

Its quite simple and easy to read~ :'D I like it so far, and have nothing to object too, which is usually when I start questioning the sources and information and asking other witches and pagans about the source. So right now its a great source of information!

I'm currently reading it, so if I find anything questionable, at least to me then I'll comment it on it here. Maybe even quote it for discussion if anyone else has anything to say, other than me. Heh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:56 pm
Orphan Flower
Kuudere-senpai
Orphan Flower

What do you follow? I be learning more for I know not what I be. I feel that there be a spiritual deity but not the un-Pagan one.
Currently, nothing.
I'm a student and just reading and learning all I can about all sorts of paths and pagan religions.

You'll notice my new post before this one that I linked a good blog article about pagan information and what it is. I suggest everyone take a look and read. ;D  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Orphan Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Orphan Flower
Kuudere-senpai
Orphan Flower

Currently, nothing.
I'm a student and just reading and learning all I can about all sorts of paths and pagan religions.

You'll notice my new post before this one that I linked a good blog article about pagan information and what it is. I suggest everyone take a look and read. ;D
what you be study for?  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces