Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Dark Secrets (1x1 with Greedy Fat Cat ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am
Greedy Fat Cat

"I would love to hear you play sometime. Maybe I could come to where you work some evening?" he asked her. "As for my music taste, I don't really know. When I was a teenager I was into death metal and all that, but when I grew up, it started to feel a bit silly about how seriously those kind of artists take it all, and their fans were starting to annoy me, always arguing about who was most hardcore. So I just kind of drifted away from that crowd, and never really found anything to replace it. I do like listening to Elvis sometimes - I think I got that from my mom, she told me she was listening to Elvis a lot when she was pregnant with me." Adam sipped his drink, hoping he wasn't boring her to death.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore blushed a little and shook her head sheepishly. "No, no. I'd be too embarrassed if you came," she admitted. Despite playing in public for money as her current occupation, if Adam were to watch, she would feel self-conscious. Her anxiety was washed away by a laugh, and she covered her mouth politely. Adam didn't seem like the type to listen to hardcore metal. She herself didn't like the genre of music, because it was so loud and indecipherable to her. But the thought of a young Adam banging his brains was a sight she would've paid to have seen. Especially since Adam didn't look like the type. But she supposed a lot of people went through that phase growing up.

"So you like rock. That's good. My dad listened to a lot of that stuff when I was really young. He still keeps his record collection in his study," Lenore mentioned. When her mother and father divorced, however, Lenore had stopped listening to that type of music. But whenever it did play, she was always reminded of him. "I still listen to it every once in awhile."
She stared at her glass, the bubbles slowly making their way up to the surface, hugging the side of the glass. "What kind of things do you like to write? Or the last book you've read? Since you are an English major," she asked.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:41 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Adam frowned. He would have liked to hear and see Lenore perform. But he the fact that she was too nervous to have him there was just another indication that she thought of him in a special way, apart from others. "In that case, I might like to listen to your dad's records, instead." He smiled again.

"Eh... writing. Lately I've been trying to write a horror story of some kind. About a person who knows themselves to be a monster, yet can't do anything about it. It's coming along kind of slowly, and I keep adding stuff and editing all the time. As to reading, I just started on J.K. Rowling's - you know her, I'm sure, she wrote Harry Potter - her new book, which has no magic of any kind, titled 'Casual Vacancy.' It's very interesting, I think. Not what one would expect from a children's writer."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore pushed her glass a little bit, which was almost emptied. Her neck heated up, and the anxiety set in once again. Again, the topic of monsters and secrets and the like was brought up; Adam could very well be talking about Lenore. She tried to not make a face about it, but she did, and it was one of befuddlement. She swallowed the rest of her beer.

She knew Adam probably didn't mean anything of it. There was just too much of coincidence. Maybe Adam just liked writing horror stories. "So it's like a Dracula, Frankenstein sort of thing," she murmured, looking down at the table. "Sounds interesting," she commented, though it sounded a bit halfhearted. She didn't want to seem disinterested though, so she looked up again and nodded to show she was listening.
"I used to read Harry Potter as a kid. I'm more into the classics now. I find crime fiction and noir quite fascinating." A poor, ruthless detective thrust into a corrupt and disillusioned world of the 30's. She found herself reading a lot of those types of books lately, especially since she was stuck in her apartment for the majority of her days since being bitten. She gave a warm smile, and leaned back in her chair, putting both of her hands on the table. She couldn't remember where she had put her books though. Her apartment was a little messy. She assumed they were under a pile of binders and papers. Or under her couch.

"So if you aren't working, where are you living now?" She asked. Adam was still a student, and he didn't work, so she didn't assume he lived in a high-class apartment.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:42 am
Greedy Fat Cat

"Yeah, I suppose." Adam reacted to her Dracula/Frankenstein comparison, though he privately felt his story had much more depth than that. "Crime fiction? That's a genre I'm not so familiar with. I mean, I've read rhe original Sherlock Holmes, and the odd volume of Agatha Christie here and there, but that's about it." He admitted.

"I live in the university campus. The rooms are small and there are all kinds of rules, but it's the best I can afford at the moment." He was a bit embarrassed to admit how poor he was.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore personally liked Raymond Chandler. He was a little more depressing, a little more real. She only read to kill the time, not much for recreational use, but his types of books were entertaining enough to hook her into crime fiction. Her dad was more of a newspaper man and her mother read poetry. She could remember when she had lived with her mother, and remembered the bookshelf full of poetry books her mother read. She forgot what happened to it after her mother died. The two lived in a cramped apartment, definitely smaller than the house they used to live in. It was a poor thing, the only thing her mother could afford while taking care of Lenore.

Lenore shook her head to reassure Adam that she didn't mind. "That's nothing to be embarrassed of. It's probably much cleaner than my apartment at the moment. I confess, I've been meaning to organize all the papers and books and furniture around but I just haven't gotten around to it." She didn't admit that it had been like that since forever, even before she was bitten. A desk was on the side of her couch abnormally and there was an cozy couch in her kitchen. There was a lounge couch in her room, and an old stool-chair thing in her bathroom. She had forgotten why they were there now, but had grown used to the misplaced furniture. "My apartment is a little bit aways from campus, but it's pretty small. I like it enough, but my dad pays a little bit for my rent. College makes you broke (<---seriously though =.=)," she said, not wanting Adam to feel bad for living in the campus apartments. She was probably no better. "But my landlord is really funny. And his wife likes to give me fruit."

Lenore fixed her fringe a little bit before changing the topic a little. "So what about family?" She noticed he didn't talk about them.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:06 am
Greedy Fat Cat

"You're like me, then. My desk is a total chaos", Adam admitted. "Your landlord's wife gives you fruit? I know, it's nice of her and all, but ... fruit?" There was something delightfully random about that one detail.

"My family, well, they live all the way south, in Florida. I am an only child. I get along well with my parents - nowadays, it was bad when I was a teenager, and most of it my fault - but they can't help me as much as they'd like. They pay part of my college fees, and not always even that. Things are a bit rough for them these days financially. I'm looking forward to graduating, so I can help them more."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore didn't know why he thought that was so weird. "She thinks I am still relatively young, and is a little concerned about my health. She gives me some fruit from time to time." Lenore knew that the landlord's wife was concerned about her living alone, especially when she knew Lenore's mother had passed away. And since Lenore didn't come out during the day anymore, the landlord's wife had grown even more concerned. That would be a problem if she investigated any deeper, Lenore thought.

She could imagine Adam as a teenager, listening to hardcore metal and rebelling his parents. She made a small, almost inaudible laugh. And look at how he grew up. Lenore could understand how he felt about his parents. Lenore didn't want her father to pay for too much of her schooling. "At least it's your last year," she commented. "I've always wanted to take a gap year though. Like, travel the world and backpack South East Asia and Europe." Of course, she couldn't do that now that she was a vampire.
She looked down at the table, realizing a bit how being a vampire had ruined a lot of her future. She wouldn't be able to get a day job. Or travel. Or do a lot of things. Lenore bit her lip before looking up, trying to dismiss this sad thought. She couldn't erase her solemnity entirely as she gazed into Adam's eyes, but she made a small genuine smile after that, nodding to herself. "Yeah, I want to travel," she murmured as an after note.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Adam sensed that something was off. "You don't sound so sure of yourself when you say that - about travelling. Do you have problems in your studies, is that it? Are you thinking that you're not going to graduate?" He wanted to know the reason for the hint of sadness he sensed in her. Then maybe he could help her somehow - although he didn't know a thing about music studies.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:03 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore could tell Adam was worried. However much she wanted to tell him, she couldn't. She couldn't admit what kind of monster she was, or how much she wanted to bite him since they met. It would creep him out, despite how understanding Adam seemed to be. Lenore sighed a little. She may not ever be able to leave this town. Her future was just dreams now, and while she was sad about it, she knew it would do no use being bitter about it in front of Adam. In front of anyone, actually. This was a secret she'd take to the grave.

"Something like that," she replied. She didn't want to seem too sad, so she laughed a little at herself. "I'm in a bit of a squeeze right now. I'll get over it though. And then I'll travel around the world. It'll work out fine." That was a lie. "But thanks for your concern," she muttered a bit after that. Lenore could tell he was trying to help, and he seemed like the type of person that wouldn't rest until he fixed her. She wished it was as easy as fixing though. "I suppose I should get a second job though, to start saving up."

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Adam clasped one of Lenore's hands in both of his. "If you ever need someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, I'll be there for you. You can count on it." He promised her, looking her right in the eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Lenore was surprised when he took her hand, perking her head back in a small movement. His sincerity was touching and she nodded slowly, keeping eye contact with him. "It's fine, really," she said softly before taking back her hand. His concern over her was one that she expected, especially since she had shown him a sad face. Imagine how he would react if she did tell him. Would he be oddly accepting? Or would he run in fear? Or turn her in? She thought the worst, of course. Again, this was a secret she would take to the grave. Which was ironic, since she was also considered undead.

Lenore gave a smile though, in appreciation of Adam's kindness. "Thank you though. I'm sure if I need anybody to talk to, I would tell you." Eventually, she had to look away, Adam's gaze feeling a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it was because she was lying. She started to feel her face burn and her cheeks flushed. She played with a lock of hair, glancing at Adam before looking away. "Are you done drinking? You don't seem like the type to like alcohol." Before Lenore was a vampire, she took to drinking often. Her first drink was in high school at a shitty party, and she found the taste peculiar. Only until she was twenty one did she actually spend her time casually drinking and was a regular pub goer. Her twenty second birthday was celebrated at a bar to drink alcohol. That is, before she was drugged and bitten. Lenore could say that her habit of drinking was what got her into this mess. She sighed a little. But it couldn't be helped, because she did like alcohol. She rarely drank alcohol now, since it always gave a weird taste to her mouth and she usually had to throw it back up by the end of the night. But she watched Adam, who drank agonizingly slow.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Adam smiled at Lenore, a bit disappointed when she took her hand away, but he tried not to show that disappointment on his face.

He finished his fake glass of vodka with one last long sip. "Now I'm done. Any suggestion on what we should do next?" He asked, a bit nervous. He wondered if he should have made plans for them. Or maybe she just wanted them to part ways, the date over now? He hoped not, and tried to think of something she'd like to do, in the middle of the night. Of course, a little voice in his head whispered, he could take her home...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 am
Another Damned Vampire

[ Sorry, long story, crazy week cat_rolleyes ]

Watching as he finished his drink, Lenore shrugged her shoulders to his question. She ran a hand through her hair. Was he trying to prolong this date? Lenore glanced at him. Probably. Lenore tilted her head, thinking up something quick. She wasn't going to invite him to her apartment, with it being an absolute mess right about now. She was probably going to meet her father and have him help her move around all the furniture. But Adam looked like he wanted to take her to his place, so Lenore smiled and nodded her head. "There's a bridge that has a nice view. We can go there," she suggested. She liked Adam a lot, but she wasn't going to spend a lot of money on him after only meeting him the night before. Lenore was stalling, and she couldn't think of much else other than walking around for a bit.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 am
Greedy Fat Cat

[It's okay.]

"A walk in the moonlight? That does sound nice." Adam accepted the offer. He stood up and helped Lenore to put on her coat. He hoped he was doing this date thing right. Even as a human, he had had very little experience of such things.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff