Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna chuckled at his joke about switching lives. It sounded pretty tempting in her opinion. She glanced over at him wondering how two very different people could be friends. It was quite amazing really. He's such a hard worker and I'm truly just a slacker.

After the lecture was over and the Professor said they were dismissed Ari paused not feeling super confident to just up and leave their first class. When Benjamin turned to her and suggested to leave she nodded her head in agreement. Feeling more confident to have someone leave with her she quickly caught up with him. She chuckled at his lame joke. "Right, because you might offend the field for taking advantage of it's hospitality." She gave Benjamin a smirk adding to the joke.

RedEagle007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:45 pm
User Image

Arianna arrived early for class. She stood on the green pitch waiting for her classmates to arrive. She paid close attention as the professor doled out instructions to grab a broom and get ready for Barrel Roles. Ari walked forward to borrow a school broom, hers hadn't arrived yet. She watched as the professor demonstrated. It was impressive to say the least.

Ari walked forward to try it for herself. She kicked off hard and rose into the air. She grinned to herself happy to be in the air again. She straightened out just like he had demonstrated. She felt her natural instincts kick in as she leaned slightly over to the right. Her legs were locked into position and she didn't budge as she spun upside down. She flashed her friends a huge grin as she completed the barrel roll and flew back down to them. "Piece of cake."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:07 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan walked out to the field once more, placing his new broom beside him. Surprisingly, his parents had sent one to him once he wrote to them about his new Chaser position on the Ravenclaw team. He didn't think it was that big of a deal, but they had insisted upon giving him a brand new broom. Something about the school's brooms not being reliable? He guessed that may be true, since many students seemed to use them. Once their professor called for a demonstration from one of the students, Dylan slunk back a bit. He wasn't that comfortable with his abilities to demonstrate it to the whole class.

OOC:
What: Paying attention
Where: Advanced Flying I
With: Other second years

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:12 pm
User Image"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."
Seymour Benjamin Ryans

"Efficiency is intelligent laziness."

space Benjamin arrived on the field fairly early and was beginning to wonder about himself-he'd ruin his reputation if he kept showing up for all his classes, especially on time. It was irritating. He liked his slacker reputation, besides people expected way less of him if they assumed he was a ridiculous and hopeless slacker. Well, too late to solve that problem for this class at least. He picked up one of his school brooms and listened as the instructor explained barrel rolls and demonstrated. One of the Gryffindor's quickly volunteered first and declared it was a 'piece of cake' which Seymour thought was an odd expression, but Spanish was just as weird with some of its expressions. Stretching he said, "Meh, I'll go."

Taking off into the air he moved forward and in a deliberate spin spun around and stopped as he moved forward a few feet during his spin. He offered his own explaination with a shrug as he landed, "No imposible, al menos..."

(( OOC: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx))
                                                    Translations: (1) Not impossible at least.

Place: Advance Flying I
                                                    Wearing: His Uniform

Quote:
                                                    Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:55 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Advanced Flying (Tuesday 3:00pm – 4:00pm)

Mira walked onto the field broom in hand. She was ready for this. The only down on the afternoon was that Benjamin bet her to class. How was that possible? Listening to her professor, Mira watched his demonstration. That wasn't hard she could do that. Maybe not well but she could certainly do it better then her Slytherin housemate. Without saying a world Mira hoped on her broom and took to the sky. Going in a straight line the blonde leaned and spun around back around, almost over spinning. Fighting to her keep herself upright, Mira blew a sigh of relief that she didn't make a complete fool of herself. Maybe she just needed a little less oomph. 'That could have been worse...' she thought as she touched down.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:06 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon watched his students try what he was teaching and was happy to see Arianna go first. "Well done Miss Davenport, 10 points to Gryffindor for being my first volunteer." he said with a smile. "Nicely done." he replied to Benjamin's display. Both students were quite good at this lesson. Mira however could work on how much power she had in her spins. Either she was extremely aggressive in everything she did or it was just him.

"Miss Mitchell, good first try. I'm going to assume you already know what you need to improve on." Landon told her as she landed. Mira looked over at her professor and gave a light nod. She knew exactly what she needed to work on, nothing she needed to be told twice about. After he dealt with the female Slytherin, Landon looked to Dylan. "Mr. Burgamy, you wanted to play chaser for the Ravenclaw team am I right?" he asked the young boy. "From my understanding you made the team." he added with a friendly smile.

Landon didn't want to just be one of those professors who wanted students to participate in class without give encouragement. "I'm sure you know a technique like this one is handy in the position of chaser. So, what do you say you give it a try? Better to try in class and get constructive feedback in order to improve instead of trying to figure it out on your own." he explained thoughtfully. Landon knew trying new things was tough in front of a class but for one to learn they had to at least try.

Godly Tendencies

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:42 am
User Image

Arianna gave the professor a huge grin. She was pleased she had gotten her house some extra points. She continued to watch her classmates practice. She gasped slightly as Mira almost went around again but her classmate saved it and in the end did a decent move. When the professor turned to encourage Dylan to try. She gave him a nod of encouragement follow by a small smile, "You can do it."

murruelecreuset
Godly Tendencies

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

Dylan looked towards the professor as he spoke to him, and then over to Arianna as she encouraged him to try it out. He returned the smile, nodding and speaking softly. "Okay.." He hitched himself up onto his broom, kicking himself high up into the air and gliding around for just a moment before speeding forward and spinning around in the air quickly, with surprisingly no resistance. He smiled at being able to perform a barrel roll without fail and turned himself around, lightly descending down to the ground and climbing off his broom. He turned his attention to Professor Price. "How did I do? He also glanced towards Arianna, whose kind words encouraged him even more to get him off the ground. "Thanks for that, by the way," he said to her.

OOC:
What: Flying around
With: Arianna, Professor Price and other second years

amo10690
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:44 pm
User Image

Ari gave another smile of encouragement as Dylan made his way forward. She was shocked as she watched him fly. He was pretty good. Man, I do not look forward to playing against that Ravenclaw either. She thought to herself thinking of him and her other Ravenclaw friend Benjamin. Arianna gave Dylan two thumbs up as he landed. She gave him a huge grin, "Anytime."

Godly Tendencies

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:58 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled when Arianna encouraged her friend. He always loved seeing students helping students. Honestly there was nothing better. When Dylan got up the courage to do it, Landon watched and was happy to see a flawless performance. "Fantastic job Mr. Burgamy ten points to Ravenclaw for that flawless work." he told him happily. "As for the rest of the class each of you will receive ten points for your participation." he said addressing the class. "Now the way I see it class is dismissed for anyone who wishes to practice I'll be here just encase we have any last minute walk ins." Landon said letting his class go about their day.

Godly Tendencies

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. “Good afternoon class, today we will be learning how to stand on our brooms.” He told them. “It requires a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now, holding onto your broom with both hands, position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

Godly Tendencies

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

Dylan smiled lightly as he stepped out onto the field for his Advanced Flying class. As per usual, it seemed that he was one of the first out onto the field. Today they were going to be standing on their brooms. That seemed a bit daunting. He remembered going to a few professional Quidditch games as a young child, and he recalled some players doing just that, but it seemed abnormally hard, and he didn't recall any Hogwarts games that he had seen where students had done that, but he wouldn't question it. As Professor Price had instructed, he held the broom out in front of him and placed one foot in the front, and with a quick movement, placed the other on the back.

He almost fell right off, but by a stroke of luck, managed to keep himself up on it, breathing in deeply as he wobbled in the air. He held both of his arms out at either side of him. Maybe that would help?

OOC:
What: Standing on his broom
With: Other second years

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna walked down to the pitch and she was surprised to see Dylan already there. She smiled at him slightly. She grabbed a school broom that she would borrow and listened intently as the professor told them how to do their lesson. Ari smiled to herself. She had done this before at a field back home. Of course she was a lot older now and this was an actual broom not the toy one they had. She placed her feet as they had been instructed and she did lose her balance momentarily and it took a bit of wavering her hands around like an idiot to save herself from toppling over but she managed to stay on. She glanced around hoping no one was laughing at her.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked onto the field and gave a deep sigh as soon as he heard the assignment. "I can't even fly a broom correctly. How am I supposed to stand on it?" he asked himself, shaking his head, but alas, he got up into the air all right, hovering a few feet above the ground. He was known for his technicality, not his broom handling...so this was going to be interesting. He wasn't too sure if he was going to get this or not.

He went to stand on the broom, but wasn't confident at all while doing it. At least this was good practice on keeping himself balanced. He did however wonder what was to happen if he fell off the broom. Well...from the height he was at, probably fall flat on his face and get a good laugh at it, but in the air...not so much. Does 'fall to your death' sound appealing?

Soon enough, he got one foot onto the broom but only could get one knee up before falling on his back. As he got up from the ground, he rubbed the back on his head and sat up...wondering how he was to do this. He wasn't good with the whole flying thing just yet.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items