Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History [3.5 Sandbox game] (Always Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:09 am
InsaneKatKing
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kowsauni

Unless i'm missing something the Centaur as a player race only has a +2 Level Adjustment, so shouldn't Kow be able to have 1 level of a character class?
It has 4 levels in monstrous humanoid as a start. Under normal rules you add HD and level adjustment to get ECL. My rules say monster HD levels only count as 1/2 so it would be a ECL of 4 to play a standard Centaur. However not having any class features for those 4 levels besides the nice ability score boost would pretty much make him a ECL 3 in my brain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:11 am
Gabriel Lord of Flame
InsaneKatKing
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kowsauni

Unless i'm missing something the Centaur as a player race only has a +2 Level Adjustment, so shouldn't Kow be able to have 1 level of a character class?
It has 4 levels in monstrous humanoid as a start. Under normal rules you add HD and level adjustment to get ECL. My rules say monster HD levels only count as 1/2 so it would be a ECL of 4 to play a standard Centaur. However not having any class features for those 4 levels besides the nice ability score boost would pretty much make him a ECL 3 in my brain.

Ah, those hit dice. so yea, makes sense now, so in all actuality, the level of a centaur character race under the normal rules is 6. Mmm, pondering such things is crazy x3  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 am
InsaneKatKing
Gabriel Lord of Flame
InsaneKatKing
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kowsauni

Ah, those hit dice. so yea, makes sense now, so in all actuality, the level of a centaur character race under the normal rules is 6. Mmm, pondering such things is crazy x3
Yeah Wizards didn't get smart and just tell us the total ECL in the books until about Monster Manual 4 and then things got confusing because they changed how they printed it, which creates these situations. In all pretty much every DM who runs 3.5 looks at level adjustment +Race HD= ECL and goes "WTF".

Worst part is those HD and Level adjustment make it so that (under normal rules) he has to get the EXP of a 7th level character from the EXP total of a 6th before he can get a class level. I'm just saying he's ECL 4 though and must only advance to level 5. That is if he decides to do this.

I may love 3.5 but it has its faults.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 am
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Yeah Wizards didn't get smart and just tell us the total ECL in the books until about Monster Manual 4 and then things got confusing because they changed how they printed it, which creates these situations. In all pretty much every DM who runs 3.5 looks at level adjustment +Race HD= ECL and goes "WTF".

Worst part is those HD and Level adjustment make it so that (under normal rules) he has to get the EXP of a 7th level character from the EXP total of a 6th before he can get a class level. I'm just saying he's ECL 4 though and must only advance to level 5. That is if he decides to do this.

I may love 3.5 but it has its faults.

Quite the number of faults indeed. But it's nothing too harmful if people are willing to bend the rules to make it more fun.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:25 am
hmm, so as a classless character what kind of proficiencies do centaurs have?

also, if we roll the dice and we don't like the results, can we fall back on the
Array: 18, 16, 12,10, 10, 9 you mentioned before? or do we have to use the one of our two results.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm
Kowsauni
Gabriel Lord of Flame

Since your character is technically classless, you don't gain any proficiencies from anything other than your monster die. Which generally means your natural attacks are all your proficient with >.> so you need to spend feats for anything you want to wield. I'm hoping i'm right with this.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:54 am
Kowsauni

also, if we roll the dice and we don't like the results, can we fall back on the
Array: 18, 16, 12,10, 10, 9 you mentioned before? or do we have to use the one of our two results.
InsaneKatKing
Creatures in the Monster Manuals are proficent with any weapon they are described as wielding along with any natural weapons they may have.

In the case of the Centaur that is a longsword and composite longbow. Though I always ran it as they get proficiency with one weapon of that weapon class. Makes for more variety. For you, Kowsauni, this means you can choose a two-handed ranged weapon and a one-handed melee weapon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:08 pm
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni

InsaneKatKing
Creatures in the Monster Manuals are proficent with any weapon they are described as wielding along with any natural weapons they may have.

In the case of the Centaur that is a longsword and composite longbow. Though I always ran it as they get proficiency with one weapon of that weapon class. Makes for more variety. For you, Kowsauni, this means you can choose a two-handed ranged weapon and a one-handed melee weapon.

Hmm what about the stat array? Can I use the stat array you mentioned If I don't like my own results. I only mention this because in my rather lengthy time in this guild, I have never ever rolled stats that I liked.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:51 pm
Kowsauni
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni

InsaneKatKing

Hmm what about the stat array? Can I use the stat array you mentioned If I don't like my own results. I only mention this because in my rather lengthy time in this guild, I have never ever rolled stats that I liked.
I've been thinking about this and I'm just going to say the array can take up one of your ability columns for if you decide to roll. Note that I give a column re-roll if your modifiers for one of your columns doesn't add up to at least +5.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:36 am
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni

InsaneKatKing

I've been thinking about this and I'm just going to say the array can take up one of your ability columns for if you decide to roll. Note that I give a column re-roll if your modifiers for one of your columns doesn't add up to at least +5.

hmm ok so you mean instead of rolling twice for stats I only roll once and have the the pre-generated array as my back up?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:14 am
Kowsauni
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Kowsauni

InsaneKatKing

hmm ok so you mean instead of rolling twice for stats I only roll once and have the the pre-generated array as my back up?
Yup.  
Kowsauni rolled 16 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2 Total: 57 (16-96)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:43 pm
Alright well here I go...  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2, 6, 1, 6 Total: 48 (12-72)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm
ok so i have a 15, 18, 11, 7 so far...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:58 pm
huh... this is the best stat array I have ever rolled in this guild...in like...years.

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm
Ok so I was thinking about trying to adapt this character for this story. In her original story she was an elf who got magically fused with the soul of a dragon through an accident and thus was slowly transforming into one. I was thinking of playing her as a straight up lizard folk but my experience with lizardfolk is they look more like this. So instead I was thinking about playing her as a wood elf fighter with a reptilian template.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff