Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe
Night Walker War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:14 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís’ head nodded slightly with the other’s answer. Indeed, cats seemed to have the other sight. Many of the domestic felines around the village avoided Eydís—not because of what she was, but rather, what usually hung around her. This blood eater seemed to have quite a connection to felines.

Guide’s tail twitched once more, ”Perhaps.” he shrugged. There were no promises here. His mercurial companion would be the judge of continued contact. While he might sometimes wish to broaden his contact with the outside world, he knew better than to question his companion’s choices. ”My mate, Mother, is likely kinder.” He allowed utilizing the name Eydís had given the other panther instead of the name he knew her by.

Control was a fickle beast in Eydís’ experience. It could never be relied upon and too many spirits spoke about their loss of it at the end of their lives. “You have my word.” The child smiled, her watchful eyes not quite matching it, “As you did for me, I will do for you. I will not attack.” Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the religious man begin to pray.

At first, Eydís did not see the beautiful one’s power. The other one had spoken of it, but it didn’t seem to be something so easily seen. Perhaps… perhaps it was like her own ability. Unseen by those without the sight for it. It took less than a moment for Eydís’ vision to switch. Here in her third eye, living beings shined in the dead of the night. They wore mantles of different scents and different colors. The humans around the camp shined the brightest. Their colors cloaked in the warmth of the living.

The blood eater in front of her glowed dully with mixtures of yellow and yellow-orange. Only… her yellows were fading quickly into something darker—something with added browns and greys. Eydís did not have time to consider what brought the change in the other’s aura. A storm arose from the other being. And it was coming for Eydís. The storm of aura had a weight to it. It was also fast and seemed, in a word, unsettling. Eydís knew with an otherworldly sense that this was not something she could run from. It would catch her in its grasp sooner or later.

Eydís had only a short moment to prepare. There was no time to draw her runes had she wanted to, no time to perform her magic. Nefretiri’s aura hit her squarely in the chest before spreading rapidly over the rest of her body, like settling dirt (or, more fittingly, sand, if she had had more experience with the desert or the beach). It flung her from the vision of the third eye and back into the physical, visible world. Fear, very real, very palpable poured into her body. Unbidden, thoughts of the darkest spirit realm entered her mind, causing the childlike blood eater to gasp, though no breath was needed. The realm’s creatures whose names were never uttered and whose likenesses were never rendered on paper or stone flashed across her mind. So this is her power

Guide looked down at his companion. Though the fear aura had reached him, it would not affect him. If he focused, the panther could see what flashed across his companion’s mind. His ears flattened against his head. He withdrew from her thoughts before they could affect him. He watched his companion carefully, noting the wide look in her eye as visions of unseen words passed undoubtedly before them. He knew the spirit caller could take more of this onslaught to her mind—but how much more? That part of the spirit realm was best forgotten about. Insanity prevailed there. Guide sensed the tenseness in his mistress’ muscles, but also noted she kept her word and did not attack. His eyes took in the other vampire, head tilted. She wore a smile on her lips. Beautiful, but monstrous and cruel.

Eydís met Guide’s eye. Don’t fret. She told him, through their mental connection, It hasn’t completely taken me over. I can see the difference between thought and sight. Still, some part of her could sense that this was not the full extent of the beautiful one’s power. It intrigued her. What more could this blood eater do?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:46 pm
”The territory lines were hard to define those days.” Cian allowed. He shook his head. ”No. Daphne never met my maker. My maker rarely left the main continent and Daphne came from Ireland. She would never have had the opportunity or reason to travel East.” Cian stated. Still, the thought that his maker had followed him to Ireland during that time was pervasive. He could not shake the feeling that she had been there, as impossible as a thought that was. ”Have all of your children met Nefretiri?” He asked.

Cian smiled as Veni shared his memories of time with his brother. The Greek vampire wished he could have had as close of a relationship with his own younger sister. Gods, it had been ages since he thought of her in ages. She had been young when he had been sent to school then to join the army. They had almost been strangers in the same family. Had there been another one after her? Gods, he couldn’t remember. It brought a slight frown to his lips. ”I envy that type of relationship you had.” Cian smiled again, ”Had I a brother closer to my own age, I may have had that. As it was, I can remember that I had a much younger sister.” Cian paused in thought, ” There were the other enlisted boys with me in the Athenian troops. They became as close as brothers…Ah, and Kallope.” He paused, his memories filling in the gaps. ”She was a slave in my home. She was a few years older than I was, but curious about the world of men. She would have done well in the modern age of learning.” He sighed, ”As a child, I took her curiosity and intelligence for granted. I treated her as a foolish girl and she bore it well. In hindsight, she was almost certainly more clever than I was. Still, I taught her what I learned from school. To boaster and brag.” He smiled, ”Of course, this was before my father discovered it. Each of us had scars for weeks following his discovery. She never approached me again.” She had been the first woman he had ever noticed outside of his family. Though he had known he could never marry her, a part of him felt struck with Eros’ arrow. It had hurt when she refused to speak to him outside of the subservient realm.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:24 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydis had an interesting fear. Nefretiri was going for something milder, but the Little Goddess reacted more strongly to it than her intent. She couldn’t always control how it affected people. Oh what a delicious fear this small one had; like the abyss itself.

More. Her aura wanted more of this. It wanted to push against the childlike vampire more, drive her insane, and possibly kill her as it enjoyed the flavor of her reactions. Nefretiri hungered for it when she got a taste. She reminded herself that this one isn’t for it. Though how horrid the fear she could use it on someone else. It would have fun with the soldiers, their enemies.

She took a deep breath. “Now for the hard part…” control, drawing it back in, locking it away. She crossed her arms against her chest and looked to the sky. The air became lighter once more. Though no new wave came and it had cleared, a layer still remained on what it had touched that would go away soon.

“Sorry Little Goddess. It was not my intent for you to see your worst of fears. Perhaps you must not really be afraid of anything else." She looked back down at Eydis with a reduced version of the cruel monster smile she had earlier. "Such a scary place.” The spirit cat avoided it, she thought. She wondered if she could have it affect him if she tried. She knew that was the aura influenced part of her pondering that. It's effects always lingered for a short time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 pm
“Nefretiri always meets them soon after their awakening,” Veni responded with a solemn expression. "So yes they have." He couldn’t keep one from her for very long. She simply wouldn’t have not knowing them. The time she summoned him back varied by a couple months, but she always called him back soon after. His thoughts drifted to include Jacob and wondered how the necromancer would react to Nefretiri...whenever he finished his quest.

So he did have a sister. Veni had wondered if he was an only child, but with an age difference that much he almost might as well have been. He had his father at least it seemed so he wouldn't have taken a father figure on his sister, plus he wouldn't have had the time since Veni knew Cian had to establish himself. Even without parents his sister would have been raised by some slave or someone else. Depending on family status siblings really had to be near in age to have really close relationships. "Perhaps you would have...my brother and I could hardly be any closer in age. What I can remember of the relationship is good, but the separation...." He paused and then continued his tone the same, but the pace of his speech a little more hasty but not quite a ramble. "Granted your increased living experience might have made it easier for you than it was for me. At your age I might have spent more time apart, might have handled the situation better, and might have had better restraint in feeding initially." His voice cracked on the word 'feeding' as it does sometimes when he is slightly emotional. He was a little embarrassed, but not as much as he was when he first met Cian or anyone in general when his voice cracked. Another pause small enough for him to take a deep breath and continue normally. "At the time leaving my brother was very painful and affected me for at least the first century….longer maybe...no… it probably affects me still in a more subconscious way...but who can say?" Veni shrugged with an impish smile when he finished despite the serious topic and looked away slightly.

He looked towards Cian again. "But back to you; potential law breaking for your vanity, Cian? Figures you'd be vain when it came to your education." Veni had a sly smile that was larger on one side which exposed that fang. While some slaves were allowed to have their own businesses and a trade at their master's discretion, some forms of education were illegal to teach them. "Was she pretty?"

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 pm
Daphne enjoyed Rosemary’s many accents—truthfully, she had once found it somewhat difficult to understand and she had had to concentrate on every word the other was saying in order to fully grasp it. Thankfully, it was getting easier given the decade or so Daphne had known the other vampire. Daphne wondered if her Irish Gaelic accent ever appeared—If Rosemary’s is sometimes prominent, I have no doubt mine is… She thought, allowing herself to consider their relative ages.

Rosemary’s power had always been a point of interest for the blonde vampire. While Rosemary spoke, Daphne’s oval-shaped face was tilted in curiosity. ”You said it is interesting, but…does it help? Is it what you need?” Daphne watched as melancholy overtook Rosemary’s affect. A small frown of her own appeared on Daphne’s lips. She did not like it when her loved ones were hurting. While she understood that sadness in the world was necessary, Daphne felt that Rosemary’s mood transcended that somber need. Rosemary seemed like she was in pain. Daphne reached over instinctually and took Rosemary’s hand, ”Is there anything I can do to help?” She asked, looking into the other’s eyes. There was no pity in the blonde’s eyes, simple willingness and compassion were the only emotions to be found.

As Rosemary painted a picture of her wounded psyche, all at once Daphne felt a burst of protectiveness and empathy. While Rosemary spoke, Daphne lightly moved her thumb against the back of Rosemary’s hand that she still held. ”I cannot pretend I know what it feels like to be a telepath,” She began, ”In fact there are times in the past I may have wished to know the thoughts of others. I see now that that is an ignorant thought.” She paused, then stated with the words slowly forming from her lips, ”I am…still not certain that many could even handle being a telepath on a normal day—without the mental attacks from nefarious beings. I believe you need to give more credit to your psyche. It is very strong, but perhaps your mind is on a different level of strength than others. If I were in your place, I am sure I would be living alone on a remote island so as not to go insane.”

“I can see that if you spend much of your time looking after others, you are not looking after yourself. Not seeing the shadow behind you because you are so busy looking for the shadows behind others.” She agreed, ”I spent a lot of my time alone before I came here—well, as alone as one can be in the human world. I did not know how much I was missing until I came here. Though we are vampires, I think we need others.” She listened to the rest of what Rosemary was saying, “I didn’t quite know that it was a universal feeling. In my own dealings, I suppose I have found those words difficult to say.” A smile lit her features, “With that little thought in mind: I love you, Rosemary. Thank you for being part of my newly formed family.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:38 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís heard Nefretiri’s utterance scarcely before she felt the images of the darkest realm fade. Her body relaxed again, limb by limb. Her body no longer felt so heavy. The Seer knew with her otherworldly sense that should she switch her vision, she would no doubt see no fresh wave of area. No new storm beginning. Even as the power receded, the dust of it still lingered like persistent dirt. Eydís’ fear of the darkest realm was a stubborn one—always present. The fear naturally assisted her when she went to the other realm. It gave her the necessary unease to not go too deep into the other realm—the spirit world. It was of little wonder that Nefretiri’s power worked so effectively.

Nefretiri spoke again. ”It is my only fear.” Eydís allowed, a dreamy smile crossing her lips, ”When faced with such a place, how could I be expected to fear anything that is of the natural world?” Her head tilted, her eyes knowing and intense, ”This fear remains in my mind at all times and I will not banish it as others are wont to do.” She paused, ”I believe you could have been more forceful.” She allowed, one of her small, rounded shoulders shrugged, ”I was able to sense the difference between sight and mind, after all. You have nothing to apologize for.”

”Your magic is interesting. Awe-inspiring and swift. Were you aware that your aura changes when you use it?” This was stated with a certain airy ease.

Guide watched the exchange as silent as ever. It was not curious to him that the beautiful one’s power should not affect him. What have spirits to fear?

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:52 pm
She is not so easily offended.  She relaxed a little with the thought.  "Even when faced with that, there are things of this world to fear.  Not all fears have to be monstrous. Loss of your home or of the familiar for example.  Loss of someone you love whether it be your child or someone you fancy,"  she said while watching her.  "Maybe you haven't felt or are unable to feel so deep about anyone?  I don't know if a stunted juvenile body has some hindrance in developing certain emotions.  I haven't talked extensively to one as young (physically) as you," she finished plain, matter of fact tone, but her expression showed some curiosity.  In the near future she would probably ask her how many summers she has seen.  She knew it was probably many: hundreds at least if not thousands.

"I was not aware," she allowed about her aura, "but I suspected something because it is...consuming.  Is that accurate as to what it appeared to do?  Once released I can, as you surmise, be quite forceful and quick like it is an extension, but messy. I give it a general direction, but I can't quite do this with enough accuracy to hit one person near others, but rather the whole area around the person without distinction."  She didn't feel the need to mention that she mostly dabbled in swiftness and distance and only recently practiced more accuracy. Or more precisely focusing on one target amongst many to increase the effect while still affecting those around it. She hadn't had the need to utilize it against very selective targets while missing others until recently. A short warning demonstration had once been enough. She smiled a little right before she spoke the name of one of the camp members. "Tutankhseneb helps with that." 

The young man in question looked slightly winded, but loaded himself with the camps items none the less.  "People around Beautiful Night Goddess feel unease for no particular reason for that is her ability.  They have to try to understand that it is the cause and then it is better, but usually not completely gone.  They can't be shielded from the minor all the time."   

"Yes, that is my main point."  With that they were ready to leave.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 am
Rosemary’s head jerked slightly as she flinched from the contact, but did nothing further to resist. She looked back at Daphne’s eyes for a moment before shifting her gaze to their hands. They were soft and even if the girl’s hands weren’t warm from temperature, they felt warm from that something Daphne had she was always attracted to; a type of kind innocent sincerity. BlackMN turned her head to get as much of the two of them in her vision as she could. Rosemary spoke. “It vould help und could be vhat I need eef I allowed myself to be taken in. Eef I did zat I vould purposely be tormenting someone or someonez und taking great pleasure in it ofer (over) obzervation und a little consequential nudge. Izn’t zat un evil desire, un evil need, izn’t zat vhat un evil person do? I vant to be better zan zat (a monster) for my good friends, but it iz zo hard. It iz harder vith Nefretiri around because we resonate so she can coax my own aura.” Daphne heard Rosemary’s offhanded thought as if she spoke it, but knew the difference and continued to pick up on them throughout the conversation. It is the witch conundrum, she thought and out loud at that for Daphne heard the thought. It could be so wonderful if I wasn’t afraid of scaring people.

The feeling of how adorably cute she found Daphne to be lifted her brooding mood only slightly when she mentioned the island. Daphne could even pick up on this: that she found her mannerisms cute. Rosemary was sharing her thoughts in words or a gist for thoughts weren’t always naturally words. “You, her (BlackMN), Veni, und others keep me from being a recluse und going to said island.” Rosemary said affirming that she had thought to merely disappear. “Any gift ia a blessing und curse.” The curse comes from cruel beings. She meant both humans that would shun and others with more talent who would use and abuse her. She also thought that some were cruel without intending it. She just couldn’t picture herself without the extra sense. “I vould still take this telepathy because it iz me. Even vith the fabricated memories HE (Coatli) gave me. Maybe eef I had been born in a more open time such az now I vouldn’t haf been az afraid of my own ability und other people because of it. Maybe I vouldn’t haf been zo lonely. I couldn’t really talk to people because eef I did I might respond to something on ze mind rather zan ze lips.” She hadn’t developed the ability to talk back with it or to project what she picked up to others until sometime after being a vampire. She could only merely hear it as a human and as she had no teacher or even a guide book she didn’t figure out how to properly drown people out until later either. I would still have trouble with evil thoughts of men as I did. But people are still cruel so the outcome may have been similar.

I like having conversations with my mind and others. It has been fantastic all the ones with BlackMN and Jacob. We have to shield our thoughts from each other sometimes because they pick up on my thoughts easily and I theirs’. Even the openness can be vexing at times. It is more difficult to turn their thoughts into background noise like I do most people, including you to be polite. Like conversations in a crowd sometimes I can’t help but listen (to you) sometimes.

Her had finally gripped Daphne’s back and pulled her closer into a hug, kissing her cheek, and finally resting her face close to the neck. “Daphne I haf loved your company. My nature gets in ze way sometimes, but you are kind. I don’t vant you to despise me und I don’t vant you to be terrified of me und I don’t vant you to avoid me.” She released her from the hug and gazed into her eyes. “I think you haf a more constrained vampire telepathy zat requires you tap into it if you gazed into the eyes of others vhile mine is more open and free, but you don’t like ze gazing power, do you?”

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 pm
“Did you ever have a choice?” One of Cian’s eyebrows rose slightly in query, though he could gather from his friend’s expression that it was never a choice. With a maker like Nefretiri, Cian doubted Veni could ever hide someone should he wish it. Cian felt a sudden discomfort. For many years in his long life, Cian had thought that he could keep nothing from his own death goddess, much as he believed Veni could keep nothing from Nefretiri. What had changed? Was this hubris to believe that he knew something that his god did not know?

Cian’s maker had known he had married, that much was true. After all, he received her letter this morning. What then was to stop her from knowing of Daphne before she was, well, Daphne? Perhaps she had followed him to the Kingdom of Ireland after all…

If Cian learned one thing from his life, it was that one should never disregard one’s instincts.

Needless to say, this idea did not sit well with the strategic vampire.

Still, he put these thoughts into a box in his mind, to be reflected on later.

Cian nodded as Veni spoke, his age may have made it easier. He had been separated with his family some time before he was turned. He had enlisted in the Athenian troops. His family was not a part of his life at that point. His family name had been more difficult to relinquish. It had held a lot of power in Athens—not as much outside of his Greek isles.

Cian did not judge his friend as his voice cracked. It was unfortunate for the other male to be stuck in adolescence. However, it did not define the blond vampire. ”I believe all of us struggled with feeding initially—with or without the separation from family. I know I did though I was separated from them for some time. Daphne did as well. Her story is...horrific.” Cian paused, ”I think it is difficult to control one’s urges when one becomes one of the most powerful predators created on earth. I remember being filled with a sense of power and god-like strength in the beginning. Any of us would have used any excuse to feed. Perhaps there is something added to your experience because of your human youth or the reality of being separated from your family, however, I do not believe that it defines you.” Cian looked down, before stating more quietly than before, ”A part of me will always wonder if our families thought of us after we were gone and how they explained our absence. I wonder if my family thought I was a deserter.” What a fine mood the pair of them was in now, each reminiscing about the past.

Cian’s lips turned up with Veni’s friendly jab. ”How can I plead my case? Perhaps I should blame my youth.” Cian teased back. His mind then transported him to his childhood, “She was beautiful.” Cian tried to of a word that would so clearly define Kallope. While beauty was something his culture had appreciated, he could not leave it at that. A Greek term came to mind. He desperately searched for its translation, but failed. Unfortunately, no other words would do. “But not in a sense of… kalon kakon He said, the Greek words rolling off his tongue with even greater fluidity than even his English. He hoped Veni knew the term. “She was also one of the first women outside of my family unit to pay notice to me. She was bright, older than me, and, before my father’s punishment, tenacious. She would have done well in today’s world.” He sighed. Cian was unsure if his recollection of her looks and personality was clouded by rosy nostalgia and half-forgotten memories. All the same, he chose to remember Kallope with a rosy tint to her curvy body.

[kalon kakon : the beautiful-evil thing.
In the Ancient Greek culture, for a woman to be beautiful
she was thought to be evil and for a woman to be evil, she was beautiful.
Cian is saying that this is not the case for Kallope]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:25 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís’ eyes in a moment of clarity saw the other female’s posture relax slightly, even as she shook off the lingering sense of fear. ”Ah, I suppose.” The childlike creature stated, ”I suppose I fear losing my home.” She grasped firmly what that would mean and added after a pause ”That is why we have come together. To stop Rome’s reach. To save my home.” Eydís’ intention was not to offend Nefretiri by alluding to the fact that Nefretiri’s own home had been taken—she merely stated it as it was: the blunt truth. Eydís paid mind to the next questions and statements from the other’s mouth. ”I do not know if it is my…small body or the fact that I did not know a mother’s love for long as a human.” Her eyes grew sharper and more intense, less airy than before, ”I care for my children in my own way. But I may not fear the loss of them.” Eydís smiled, ”Never forget what I am, Beautiful one. Do not forget what I see. Though my children may leave the physical world, they will always be tethered to me spiritually.” In future times, Eydís may have read literature on the subject or observed how mothers interacted with their children. At this time, it may also have been easier for the small nightwalker to say such as she had not lost many children—perhaps one or two. In time, her views would change. ”But, I will tell you now. My stature may mark me as a child, but my soul is old as the dirt beneath our feet. You would be a fool to underestimate me and a bigger one to treat me as a child.” With that, the shamanic vampire smiled and her eyes became less intense.

The talk of the other’s aura seemed to give the conversation a much needed lighter tone. ”You are accurate.” Eydís said, ”It started as a light color, but as you tapped into it, it darkened.” Eydís smiled, ”It pushed out of you like a storm, but of something more solid than water, less heavy as dirt.” The other’s explanation of the gifts were interesting, though the nightwalker could only see one benefit to it at this time, ”You would be effective against the wolves.” Her eyes held distaste at the thought of the wolves. It was true, however, with an attack such as Nefretiri, she would hardly need to focus on one of the swift wolves and more on the general area. She could even hit the pack.

Eydís watched the man as he spoke. ”I see.” She stated, ”then it may always be present.” Eydís dug through her herb sachel and withdrew a powder. Lavender. Another she had traded for. Though the herb and rune she would draw may not completely cancel the other’s power out it could help ease it. That would be enough. After all, Eydís did not want to lose all of her fear. ”As I alluded to, I am not one to believe that all fear is bad.” She explained, even as she pulled down the top of her dress slightly to reveal her heart. Seemingly oblivious to the world around her, the childlike nightwalker began drawing a rune over her heart. She whispered a word and with the spell complete, the powder sunk into her skin with a shimmer. The effects were not instantaneous, even still she felt lighter.

Guide sat up and stretched his long body. The camp

Eydís took in the camp—it was no longer in stages of disassembly. It was packed and ready. ”Hm. Let us go.” She began walking through the people, the spirit cat at her side, the live panther following some distance behind. She did not stop to wait once she reached the opposite edge of the clearing, but rather expected the others to quickly follow.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Daphne felt Rosemary’s hand flinch in surprise and discomfort under hers. Still, Daphne did not let go. Other than the slight recoil, Rosemary did not pull away. So Daphne made the decision to keep holding on. She sensed Rosemary needed comfort at this time—someone who would not judge her.

The conversation turned to morality. Morality is a hard subject… Daphne thought. On the one hand, should Rosemary have still been human, the question of whether to strike fear and panic in others thus causing torment would have been an easy one. She would have had to control it or succumb to it and thus be branded a psychopath. On the other hand, Rosemary was not human and, Daphne fully believed, not a psychopath. Still, it was a tricky subject. ”I am afraid I do not know how to answer that.” Daphne stated, not unkindly, ”I do not believe you are a bad person—a monster. Nor do I believe you would do something beyond survival. On the same token, I think a part of survival is mental. For humans, I have read that those who understand how to manage their anxiety live a lot longer. I believe, though we are not human, we need to retain a piece of our sanity. If we ignore the needs of our minds, I think over time our minds will deteriorate. Once that happens, the body is sure to follow in some self-destructive way or another.” Daphne paused, finding her bearings in the conversation, ”But, Rose, You are not ‘evil’ for the desires you have. Rather, it is something that you were born with. I think…I think there may be healthy ways to act it out. Perhaps that way is what Nefretiri taught you.” She paused again, thinking, ”Perhaps it needs to come in a way you haven’t yet explored.”

Again, Rosemary’s thoughts came as clear as the evening sky on a windy night. Daphne, better than most, understood the witch conundrum. After all, she had died for it. Even now, Daphne avoided many of her vampire-given talents due to the fear they caused. She could only stand to use her healing abilities because she recognized their use and it trumped her fear of being feared. The witchy thoughts turned as Daphne spoke about how she would not be able to handle being a true telepath. Daphne smiled. So, Rosemary found her mannerisms cute. Daphne was pleased, though made sure to check herself. Rosemary needed support right now.

”I am happy you can rely on us to help you stay.” Daphne said softly, ”But, if you ever do need time alone to relax from the thoughts of others, let me know and I can shoo everyone away.” Gifts were indeed a double edged sword. They often came with restrictions or caveats. Again, Daphne smiled with Rosemary’s next words. Rose seemed to accept her gifts as a fundamental piece of herself, though they may have caused pain. It was inspiring. Were their roles switched, Daphne was not sure if she could accept her gifts after the amount of pain they caused. ”I think…it is amazing how you handle each onslaught of your mind and person.” Daphne knew at this point that she was likely repeating herself, but she could not help it. Rosemary was incredibly strong. Perhaps the strongest of their group.

Daphne hadn’t considered the last part of Rosemary’s statement. How did the other vampire tell thoughts apart from words? Did people sound different in their minds than when using their voices? ”If you don’t mind me asking,” Daphne started, ”How do you differentiate thoughts and what people are saying outloud? Do the voices sound similar—the mind’s voice and the body’s voice, I mean.”

Daphne listened to Rosemary’s next thoughts. I don’t mind, the blonde vampire thought, Well, maybe sometimes…Like in private moments. But, mostly I don’t think I mind. I’m not one for hiding much. I tend to try to be honest and open with those around me. And, truth be told, I don’t know how long I can keep a secret for anyway.

Finally, Rosemary’s hand gripped hers back. Daphne felt a flood of joy and a tingle of light surprise as Rosemary hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. Rosemary’s head came to rest near Daphne’s neck. Any other vampire may have felt uncomfortable with another predator so close to their jugular. Daphne was the picture of trust and innocence. Daphne lightly moved her hand in comforting circular motions on the other’s back. The brunette’s next words filled the blonde with the feeling she had most prized: belonging. She belonged here. Daphne couldn’t help allowing a bright smile tilt her cheeks up. ”I enjoy your company, Rosemary. I have never avoided you. That I remember.” She gave a small cheerful chuckle. Rosemary released her from the hug and Daphne reluctantly relinquished the other.

With Rosemary’s last observation and question, Daphne’s response did not come nearly as easily. Daphne supposed there may be some truth to the idea that she may have constrained vampire telepathy…but also if she were being honest with herself, that idea made her uncomfortable. It wasn’t that she was uncomfortable due to the fact that she could have a similar gift to Rosemary’s. No, Rose’s was naturally occurring and did not seem to be manipulative in any sense. Still, when she thought of herself controlling the ability, she could not help but see its manipulative properties. Bending others to her will. ”I’m not…” She started, ”I am not that comfortable with it, no. I don’t want to hurt people.” Daphne’s gaze left Rosemary’s for a moment before returning them. Then she stated more quietly, ”In the beginning I severely lacked control. I hurt everyone around me. Caused massacres. So, now, I just...I do not want to hurt people.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:17 am
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

"Certainly, little goddess," said Nefretiri in a poised regal manner. She did not make it clear which point she was agreeing with or if it was all of them. To stop Rome's reach was the goal...well to stop the nightwalkers; she didn't care what the humans did. All they did was conquer. They didn't slaughter unnecessarily to reduce the competition from other peoples. Her main goal was to stop a genocide so that whatever was left wouldn't be reduced to hiding. If doing so meant saving another's home, it was a means to an end. She wondered if Eydís understood that she wasn't trying to belittle her, but rather state she was unsure how the age of turning affected a blood drinker in the long run. No matter. She wondered if she would always be able to say that she does not fear the physical loss of her children. She must not think much of a living legacy. Nefretiri had indeed been slightly sadden that many old ones and their legacy had vanished to the onslaught of one or two groups.

"Sand," she said to give a word to the substance the other described. "Sand is like the fine grainy substance at the bottom of a river." It was the best explanation she had come up with to explain the grain like matter to someone who saw neither sea, large lake, or desert. That is how she pictured it: like a sand storm when she let it out forcefully. Otherwise it was like a dust cloud or even a sandy one when it was more stagnate or looming. She picked up a rather heavy pack. "You may observe it again later and aimed at someone else if you wish."

She watched the other draw a pattern over her chest with lavender. She didn't recognize the symbol, but the it seemed similar. Lavender was believed to halve calming, peaceful, or sedating effects. She looked at Sheut Thoth and wondered if they could learn foreign magic. Most of theirs involved persuading certain gods into action on their behalf. Did she derive this from a god or a spirit or was it the power in the plant itself? Sheut Thoth looked back and didn't seem to disapprove her thoughts though the god Thoth is who was in charge of magic. Maybe he was trying to teach them something. "Is that a protective calming spell? Would you be willing to teach it?"

The beauty followed near the panther desiring to give him an 'are you sure about this' look, but would not. She had to appear to confident in the path for the others. She gave the panther's mother Ta-Mieuw who followed next to her a stroke near the ears. She thought Eydís to be capable and fit for the task and was even willing to listen to her suggested courses of action, but had her doubts on certain securities. Something in the way she talked or what she said gave an impression that Eydís would put the little group under unnecessary risk for certain outcomes that benefitted only her. She didn't like that idea much more than the one of going into hiding if the current course seemed to continue. Tutankhseneb walked next to her. The others followed in a well practiced manner of those who traveled. Azizi was last in line moving languidly.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 pm
Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Eydís’ words held a certain amount of self-centeredness to them now. They were self-absorbed—narcissistic, even. The fact was that she had not traveled much beyond the borders of her territory. She was only concerned for the home she knew because she did not know much of the other lands beyond her own. Genocide and mass murder did not mean much to her. War, yes it existed and was a feature of survival, but numbers were not lost so rapidly. The numbers fluctuated. Then of course Eydís held firm to the belief that death was as much a part of life as birth. You could not have one without the other. Even amongst the old ones.

”Hm, sand.” Eydís considered. The beautiful one’s power seemed to be finer than the dirt in a river bed, but she supposed it could be different elsewhere. Had she not seen something matching such a description in the spirit world? The small creature nodded, locking the word away. Sand…

”I would enjoy that.” Eydís answered, ”Do you feed from it as well? Is it something that you enjoy?” The small creature’s mind drifted…she wondered what else Nefretiri’s power would show her if Nefretiri were to use it on her again. What other creatures foul would enter into her psyche? Guide shot her a sharp look, knowing the line of her thought. She remembered his warning that he had once given her—some of the foul creatures could be thought into existence into the world of the living. One stray thought, one small utterance of a name… Eydís shivered. Then she began applying her herb.

”It is a rune. I believe it is akin to what one would call a spell. Many have different effects. This one does indeed calm—though it does not allow one to abandon all fear” Eydís responded, in an uncharacteristic flow of information, ”If you wish to learn it, I will teach you—know this, the herb and the motions are but one piece of it; one must also have the spirit for it. If the spirit is not there, the practice will become difficult.”

The walk was a quiet one, the animals silent as their natural predators prowled through the darkness. Flints of spirit light danced in and out of Eydís’ sight as the soul of a black kite took flight and a glowing hare hopped from the path. She took the group further from the town, wishing to avoid human speculation and curiosity. She headed for the hills several miles away. Nestled there was her family.

The miles felt slow with the humans behind her, but Eydís did not complain. As they grew closer to her home, the small nightwalker began to smell traces of her children. Soon, red eyes peered through the trees before disappearing moments later. Eydís ignored them.

Soon, the group passed a stone wall made in, what would later be called the Murus Dacicus fashion. Though Eydís herself was not of Dacian origin (those filthy wolves), she would benefit from their defenses. The area still appeared to be within a forest, the trees acting almost as pieces of defenses themselves. "We are entering my home.” She told the group.

At first glance, there was nothing to indicate a "home," besides the stone wall. As she led the group on, however, structures appeared in the woods. Scattered were homes of twig and straw, some were built into the sides of nearby hills. Still, she walked. Finally, she reached a large looking wooden log structure. Home She felt a swell of pride about her territory.

As the group reached the home, two vampires appeared. They walked to the group. One was a fair-haired woman with dark brown eyebrows and light skin. Her red eyes were focused on her creator, though they also took in the group behind her mother with interest. She noted their coloring, their clothing, their artifacts and what the messengers had told her. The second vampire wore a smile on his mouth. His red eyes did not stray from his creator. His dark hair was full. He appeared to have an amiable and welcoming nature.

"Cotiso, Rescuturme. I hope the night has treated you well." Eydís spoke in her original language. "Where are the others--where are your siblings?"

The woman was first to answer, her voice raspy. "Some hunt, others rest in their homes." Rescuturme answered.

"The others were not watching for your arrival." Cotiso added.

"Gather them around the fire. Go now." Like a matron, Eydís shoo'd them away to gather their other siblings. The childlike nightwalker turned back to her...guests. Her language changed again, the rune on her throat glinting softly in the light for the briefest of moments. "Please, this way." She led them to a large fire to the left of her home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am
”Nefretiri vould (if she had her way) haf me feed on mostly ze fear of others. ‘Save the blood for those who can only feed on blood.’ It makes it easier for many vampires to feed on one person and be less competition. Her teachings focused more on using it harshly. She taught me how to haf multitudes quake at the sight of me, how to torment an individual into nothing more zan a permanent quaking mass curled in a corner, whether zey are vampire or human, and how to take ze fight out of the bravest of soldiers in mere seconds and zen turn them into sniveling husks…” she trailed off thinking to herself…She did that last one somewhat recently without intending to go so far. But for whatever reason that had been perusing them and she was trying to get them off their back.

“The vay Nefretiri taught me iz not good to act out unless necessary eef I want to keep current company. Though, maybe she iz trying to teach me something gentler with a web.” She thought on the properties of a web. They were sticky and caught prey. The spider could touch strands to feel vibrations. She could tell the difference between caught person and one passing through. She also picked up details about individuals like if if it was human or a dog. She was able to let the dogs go easily...was Nefretiri's goal also some form of surveillance system using the aura and not just a long reaching net to feed on many people and affect them less?

“When ve talk ve sound different to ourselves zan we do to others. Most people think vith ze voice zey hear themselves talking with. Zere are exceptions; like with actors. Sometimes people vill think vith someone else’s voce for a brief period. Ze most obvious way for me to differentiate sometimes when a person talks iz I get a quick echo of sorts because of the person thinking on what they will say. Some people have loud head voices zat it sort of distorts my perception or even my sense of self sometimes. My abilities (aura or telepathy) generally require a goot sense of self.”

Daphne responded with not wanting to hurt people due to an early trauma in which she killed many people because of her thirst to Rosemary's gaze question. Rosemary’s early memory of when she first woke up that mostly involved some poor soul and Veni. The images suddenly ceased at that of an older man with no Veni around. She put her arm around BlackMN’s waist and halted the thought. “You und I could have been very similar eef Veni had not been around before my mind woke up, but it still came with its own horrors...” She made a waving motion to shoo the thought away.

"I think if we fail to practice or exercise a potentially strong talent worse accidents can happen. Given this is difficult with certain potent talents like the one Ma has, but he indirectly deals with it with qi exercisesShe still had her worries because he could only go so far without direct usage or direct flexing of the muscle so to say. Same with her and such applicable concepts. "Even skills viewed as being primarily negative can be used positively. The gazing power for instance can be used to help a person forget a traumatic experience or at least can put it further back in their mind. It can potentially calm someone about to have or currently having a panic attack. You can even help a dying person get their final words out."

"Jacob for example has really bad days in his curse cycle. Veni or I hold him and stare into his eyes. It iz zo bad zat we can't get rid of it but ve help it seem more distant by helping him think of other things. He had liked zat…"

BlackMN by this point had began to yawn. Rosemary turned her to face her. "You can also use it to help a person get to sleep. I doubt she wants to miss tonight's story, but if she doesn't get a nap it will be hard." Rosemary looked her in the eyes and Black stared back her eyes getting heavy. She quickly slumped and the vampire held her against her. "And it can be so deep that I can move her without disturbing her until I am ready to wake her. She'll wake up on her own if I don't. Fear is the mind killer Daphne....read Dune eef you haf not."

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 am
"My family had closure; I was dead and asleep for the funeral. I still have the coin." He was referring to the coin placed in his mouth. Though he either forgot or never knew who gave the last catching of the breath kiss.

"While I do not know the full of Daphne's story, I do hope that her experiences will eventually stop inhibiting her due to fear. Despite that she is strangely bold in some areas." A slight mocking smile came onto his face for his next sentence. "Just like I hope you will become competent at a skill you have neglected" For whatever reason his family thought transformation to be a relatively useless skill and focused almost solely on the less physical abilities. He was poking fun at the time Cian died in a simulated game in which such a skill would have been useful because he would have survived had he transformed into a rabbit or a squirrel once he knocked Daphne out of the way. Though who knows, he might have done more to avoid it and survive had it not been a game. It happened early enough in the scenario to vex Rosemary to which both found funny in conversations. Veni still possessed at times a teenage cockiness like sense of power that Cian described. In this case he was sure that Cian would not be as good at transforming as he was, but he didn't voice it. How could he be really when he could take on so many shadow forms?

His eyes moved as they followed the path of the residential ghosts in their invisible ethereal forms. With its appendages on a cookie the little Pac ghost paused when they noticed he was looking at them to which he smiled back a little. He didn't mind seeing these mischievous but helpful ones. The little ghosts had not been visible to most people for some time now. They seemed to currently lack the ability or energy to manifest themselves. Their ability to interact so well in the first place may or may not have ad something to do with a necromancer being around or reapers. They still possessed a strong presence though. As it scampered off it carried the 'ghost' of the cookie rather than the cookie and anyone who tasted it later would think it a little less sweet than the other cookies.

RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff