Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Lake Lacrima Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 pm
Blade raised her face to look at him with wide eyes, "Dirk what did I do? I only remember seeing Sarah laying on the porch. I don't remember anything after that. I'm not powerful enough to have resurrected her. I could only have healed her if she wasn't dead yet. But I don't think I'm that powerful. My brother is but I'm not..." she said softly, hoping he understood why she was so spooked over it.

She was so shocked that her hands were shaking. She'd never done anything with that level of power before. Her brother had gotten the main share of magic between them. She could only shift shape and work at healing herself and Dirk of mostly minor injuries. The only way she'd been able to heal him when he'd gotten shot before was over a long period of time.

She simply didn't know what was happening with her abilities and it was a little frightening.

thus always to tyrants
I'm still working on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk sat beside her and pulled her in close. He had assumed she would remember resurrecting Sarah. It had been a very large leap in her abilities, and it surprised him too. He squeezed her, trying to reassure her.

space"She was dead. The bullet pierced her heart. Somehow your cat found it in you both to bring her back."

Red Gypsy
Other than the flu how are you?

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:12 pm
Blade was even more shaken when he told her what she seriously didn't want to hear and was grateful for him holding her right now. She had no idea how to handle this situation and said the first thing that came to her mind.

"We need to head back. I need to talk to Wind about this. Resurrecting the dead is not supposed to be within either of our abilities," she told him with a shaky voice then gave a small laugh that could only be described as surprise, "I only hope the Holts aren't going to look at me weird now..." she added, fairly sure that it was going to happen anyway.

thus always to tyrants
We got a new puppy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk nodded and helped her to feet. He was an expert in killing, not healing. Wind would be able to help her more than he could.

space"Gather your things, I will go and tell the Holts that we are leaving."

spaceDirk went downstairs and found the Holts sitting around the table, and he told them news. The Holts took it well but were all in all disappointed. However, they agreed it was for the best. Dirk returned to their room.

space"Are you ready Blade?"

Red Gypsy
That's cute

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm
Blade was shaking the entire time she packed and hated that they had to leave like this but knew it was for the best. She nodded to Dirk when he came in, "I'm ready... I hate leaving like this, I really do. But that shouldn't have been possible for anything less than a god or a spirit with a crap load of power... It's more than a bit frightening that I actually did so..." she said softly, doing her best to stop her shaking and get calm again.

But even her cat was getting frightened by now, realizing that resurrection was simply something mortals, however long lived, should not be able to do.

She took in a few slow deep breaths so she'd at least appear to be calm when they passed the Holts on their way out and finally moved out with him, not bothering with changing her clothes or even putting any shoes on.

thus always to tyrants
He's a Chorkie. And he's adorable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk gunned the bike's engine and the two were off. The lake looked very different in the daylight, almost inviting. If the opportunity arose, Dirk would very much like to return to this place. For now however, he focused on returning to the Kiba's compound. He glanced at Blade as she sat in the sidecar, and opened their connection to her.

spaceDo you have any theories?

Red Gypsy
Chihuahua+Yorkie?

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm
Blade gave him a simple nod as they rode along, her brown eyes on the scenery around them. The ride should have been cold to her but she wasn't shivering, could barely feel it at all to tell the truth. She was doing her best not to think about what was happening with her and knew he'd be able to tell that with their connection open.

"Several, in fact. Most of which aren't good at all. One or two are good possibilities but I don't know how likely they are. I know you don't think much of Wind since he's as submissive as he is, but he's more powerful than anyone gives him credit for. He's just as kind-hearted as well. the last has lead him into more than a few heartaches in the past. But his power has saved my a** more times than I can count. He knows about the potential for our abilities from our demonic heritage, has spent several decades on that research alone. So he would know which of my theories is correct," she told him the same way.

She finally shifted her eyes to look at him, knowing he'd be able to feel her worry over the situation, "It's possible that our mating has enhanced what I'm able to do. But equally possible that something else used me to heal her or that something used the opportunity to take her over. If it's the last one, we'll return as fast as we can to take care of it, I promise. I'm hoping that it's the first or second possibility," she added, knowing that he had to know the likeliest possibilities.

thus always to tyrants
Yup! And he's adorable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:15 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk grunted.

spaceHas your demonic heritage been an issue before?

Dirk had never encountered a half demon before, his only experiences being with full blooded demons (positive and negative), and the creatures were very unpredictable. That much power in one being, it tended to go to their heads. It seemed to Dirk though, that much of Blade's demonic potential was untapped for various reasons unknown. Dirk did hope that something sinister wasn't using Blade as a conduit, but kept this hidden until Blade could consult her brother.

Red Gypsy
That sounds like a hyper animal haha

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 pm
Blade shook her head, "No. It's only ever allowed me to shift form before I got him to teach me to heal myself. I didn't even know I could heal you until I did it," she told him honestly and shifted in the sidecar nervously over the whole thing.

She bit her lower lip hard and wound up drawing blood from it when they hit a bump but simply licked it clean instead of healing it, "We always thought that he had the magic to use instead of me. I went towards weapons and fighting instead. We thought that was the limit of things. If he had any idea that I'd ever be able to do more, he never said so," she added, part of her hoping that they made it back soon but knowing full well that it would take them a bit longer...

thus always to tyrants
Well, he's either sleeping or moving right now. So it's a bit hard to tell what he'll be like when he finishes growing up. Latch is only two months old, after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceWell, I don't think your brother would keep that from you.

spaceThere was nothing more that Dirk could say. He knew nothing of what was troubling Blade, and so he stayed silent the rest of the ride back to the Kiba compound, but their connection was left open. It was his way of reassuring Blade, and for a man like Dirk, it spoke volumes.

Red Gypsy
Sounds adorable. Next post at the Kiba house

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 pm
User Image

When Dancer would wake, he'd find himself bound hand and foot lying on the ground next to a small, but warm fire. Sitting on a log across from him was the man he might remember from Lily's house. It was then he'd probably notice the pain in his face from the punch he'd received earlier.

Raphael was sitting and staring at Dancer with a cigarette perched on his lip and a can of foul smelling alcohol hanging from his fingers. Taking a swig from the can, the Dragon sighed and shifted his gaze from Dancer to the Fire.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 pm
TheHelmsman13

Dancer came to with a pained groan, turning his head towards the ground without realizing it just yet thanks to the pain exploding in his face and head. He tried to raised one hand to his face but froze instantly when he realized that he was trussed up like a roasting pig. He thought hard through the pain an vaguely remembered a muscular arm covered in gold scales with gold claws coming at his face. Then nothing.

He shifted his head a bit and looked through his hair at the man sitting on the log on the other side of the fire from him. Part of him admitted that the man was attractive. But the rest of him was terrified as recognition hit him.

He'd seen the man only once in his entire lifetime, but once was enough. It was back when he'd been chained at Deluge's feet for some kind of meeting where the dragon had been hired to 'collect' someone for them. Dancer had been unnoticed, thank the gods, at the time since he was nothing more than a proverbial pet back then.

But he remembered this man and knew fear.

He didn't bother to move very much now, just stayed where he was and tried to find a comfortable position for his aching head as he closed his mismatched eyes against the light from the fire, "I knew you were strong, but I think you cracked something when you hit me," he said softly, knowing his nose had been bloodied and his face had to look like a bruised and swollen mess.

He'd been hit often enough to recognize the sensations, after all.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 am
User Image

Raphael grunted when Dancer spoke and downed the rest of the alcohol in the can. Tossing the tin into the fire, the Dragon spit on the ground and took a drag of the cigarette perched on his lips.

"You're lucky they want you alive, I could have taken your head off if I'd wanted to." He was blunt and honest, to say the least.

Running a hand through his short black hair, Raphael looked at Dancer. Something about the Half Breed reminded the Dragon of his lost mate, but what he couldn't be sure. Standing, he stepped over to the trussed man and used his booted foot to push him over to his back.

Crouching down, Raphael looked hard at Dancer's swollen face after brushing his hair aside. He seemed familiar, but the muscle-bound man couldn't place a name to the face. Moving back to the log, Raphael sat and leaned against the wood.

"What's so important about you that Hell's Cradle sent me after you? You're just a slave." Raphael grumbled as he popped the top of another can and took a big gulp.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:15 am
TheHelmsman13

Dancer gave a pained sound when the bot pushed him over and actually winced when the fingers moved his hair from his face but knew there wasn't much he could do about it right now. Especially when he got the news that was forthcoming.

Apparently they'd gotten tired of waiting. He shouldn't have been surprised but it somehow made an odd kind of sense. He gave a soft sigh and closed his eyes without moving from where he'd been shifted and considered everything in silence for a moment.

Then he pushed himself through the pain in his head and sat up, finding himself oddly grateful for the robe he was wearing. Especially since it seemed to be the only thing he was wearing.

"Because I killed my father to escape that place, and him. They don't like it when slaves get above themselves and want freedom, you know..." he explained softly but with a pained tone, silently wishing his magic would allow him to heal himself. But he knew he'd be healed by morning, as long as he wasn't bound in silver or another collar like the Re used wasn't put on him.

He raised his face to look into the fire, not struggling to get free at all. In fact, he seemed oddly resigned to the whole thing, "Must have been one of the higher ups that hired you to come after me... Deluge was pretty high ranking himself... And he used me to help him get there a few times..." he continued the explanation, though he wasn't sure why, "If they said they wanted me alive it's probably so they can kill me publicly. Can't have the masses of slaves there thinking anyone can get away with killing their master. Even if it's their father," he added with a wince.

Even now, the heat from the fire was actually helping his face to heal a bit, though not enough to reveal the true beauty of the hybrid just yet. There were a few benefits to being part Incubus, after all. One of them being that fire could heal. But it couldn't be too direct since he wasn't a full blood. Still, just the heat from the fire in front of them was helping to ease the swelling even if it wasn't doing much about the bruising. It was also helping with his pain a bit, though not by much for now.

He shook his head slightly and eased himself back down on the ground with a frown for the pain his face and head, "Guess I ran from them as long as I could," he finished in a soft tone that spoke of being resigned to his fate this time.

Truthfully, losing Meno had finally broken something inside of him that wasn't going to be fixed this time. Especially with that thing called an impending death looming in the near future. He laid there for a moment in silence then focused his mismatched eyes onto the fire, one blue and one green meeting the reds and oranges of the flames as he tried to relax in the bindings.

With the swelling starting to go down, it would be easier to recognize him. If Raphael had ever paid any attention to slaves, that is.

"I wonder how they'll do it... Part of me hopes it'll be in the sword ring, then I'll be able to enjoy it a bit before I die," he mused softly to himself.

What he mentioned was something done only in Hell's Cradle. A slave was secured in the center of a sword ring, spread in a specially constructed frame. Then two fighters were released into the ring and did their best to kill each other with swords. If the slave was injured or killed, it was part of the entertainment. Those that survived it usually wound up liking pain. Alot.

If Raphael listened just right, he'd be able to hear something familiar in Dancer's voice. That subtle resignation for death that usually only came with great loss or the desire to join someone in death.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:47 am
User Image

Raphael grunted as Dancer spoke. The Demons of Hell's Cradle had told him that the Slave he was after had killed someone, but not who. As the explanation went on, the Dragon downed the last of his alcohol and stood.

Without warning, he stepped over to Dancer, golden claws appearing at his fingers. The ropes binding the Slaves hands and feet fell away and Raphael knelt down to peer into his face again. The swelling was going down and Dancer was becoming more and more familiar.

"Deluge's son, well s**t. I wondered who'd offed the son of a b***h." Raphael actually chuckled, an odd sound coming from such a serious face. Standing again, he raked a hand through his black hair and cursed under his breath.

He was now in possession of the most valuable prisoner in the eyes of Hell's Cradle, and that was troubling. Keeping Dancer in one place too long was dangerous, Hell's Cradle wouldn't have sent just him for the Half Breed.

"Don't run, and I won't take your legs off. You can bathe and wash the blood from your face in the Lake while I think for a moment." He was brief and returned to the log. Sitting down, Raphael stared into the fire and thought about what he knew.

Hell's Cradle was a den of thieves and liars, so it should be no surprise that he was lied to about this bounty. The Dragon had just about enough of being lied to by the Demons and had a hard decision made easier by the latest revelation.

When Dancer returned, he'd find Raphael had built up the fire into a raging inferno. The Bonfire threw shadows about the Dragon's body, highlighting his physique and shining on his dark tattoos. He'd reached a decision.

"I'm not going to take you to Hell's Cradle. Those Demons have lied to me for the last time." Was all Raphael would say. Taking in a deep breath, the Dragon held it for a moment, then blew out, extinguishing the blaze completely.

Red Gypsy

Surface

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces