Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:20 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Sasha knew that the suggestion was a good idea and she couldn't argue with it. And yet...

She looked over at the couch and caught sight of Amir and used him as the distraction she needed for the moment, "Perhaps later... For now, I think it would be best for Amir to lay with Dancer. He's having a few issues at the moment that the energy in the healing cave will help with. Later, I think I need to speak with Amir's father. He's done a few things that he shouldn't have..." she said simply.

She hadn't turned Indra down on talking. But she wasn't sure if she was ready for that yet. She was struggling with a few things, but she wasn't sure how to voice them yet.

For all of her age, Sasha was still relatively young for a dragon. Especially in experience... In many areas of her life... Truthfully, Indra was more experienced with life than Sasha was. She'd only ever lived on Sebastet's island or here in the dragon islands. She'd only ever been with Raid and Cedric. And she'd known a great deal of pain in her life.

Even as long-lived as she was, Sasha could still be considered innocent in alot of ways...

For now, she used the distraction. She shifted to her dragon form and gently picked up Amir from the couch then carried him into the healing cave to lay him next to Dancer. She put them close enough to cuddle if they needed to as they slept. She also included Amir in the healing she was doing. It was a little more of a drain, but she felt that it would be worth it in the end.

She shifted back to her human form and moved back into the living room, looking at Indra for a moment then she moved to the kitchen area to start getting things ready for dinner. She thought a stew would be good for tonight.

But as she started pulling out vegetables and meat, she suddenly couldn't remember if she'd eaten lunch. Had she done so? She hated it when she couldn't remember if she'd eaten. Healing two badly injured in such a short time could do that to her, but she never showed the strain that put on her.

"I was thinking of a stew for dinner. I'll have to wake Dancer up long enough for him to eat anyway. A stew would provide the needed nutrients for him to sleep as long as he needs to..." she said softly.

Finally, she gave a soft sigh and looked up to find Indra still looking at her and knew she'd have to give him something, "I don't know how Cedric died... He was away with his father when it happened... I was in the cave there... When I woke up, I simply knew he was gone. The crystals had healed me of the physical trauma from it. I'm just not sure how much I'm ready to share yet..." she admitted that much and hoped that he would understand....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:28 am
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Amir
Amir whimpered a bit as Sasha picked him up, still struggling from the pain slipping through the expanding cracks in his mental wall. He shivered as he was placed into the water, his hand immediately reaching towards Dancer as he sensed that the other male was near. As the healing energy flowed through him, many places on his body began to glow a bit, revealing what looked like numerous scars. It was clear that an incredible amount of energy had been used to repair Amir's body at some point, leaving slight traces of magic that could become visible under the right circumstances.

Indra
Indra watched Sasha carefully as she thought about his suggestion, giving a slight frown when she noticed Amir. He already had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen, so he wasn't surprised when she used the unconscious male as a distraction. He was at least a bit pleased that she hadn't completely turned him down, meaning that there was a possibility of having the conversation later. He followed her as she carried Amir to the healing cave, looking a bit interested when he saw the glowing areas all over the male's body.

He followed Sasha back to the living room and then into the kitchen, leaning against a wall not too far from her. "Stew sounds great," he stated calmly, still watching her. He noticed that she trailed off a bit and gave her a reassuring smile when she looked over and noticed that he was still looking at her. He listened carefully as she talked about Cedric, reaching out to place a hand on her shoulder again. "Only share what you're comfortable sharing, Sasha. Losing a Mate is unlike any other pain. Especially when it's so sudden and you have no idea what happened. It'll take time for it to stop hurting when you think of him."

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:45 am
Dameon Black Alt

Dancer moved to hold Amir to him, giving what comfort he could even as he stayed in the healing sleep Sasha had put him into. He shouldn't have been able to do anything with as deep as he'd been put under, but he still managed to give a touch of his brand of healing to Amir, unable to resist it.

Meanwhile, the healing energy surrounding them both worked on helping them both heal, no matter how long it would take or how deep the pain.

Sasha looked up at Indra briefly then continued to set up the stew, preparing some sweet tea as well. She used the work to keep her hands busy while she spoke in her soft voice, her face still in her usual serene and calm appearance.

"I was raised human. I didn't know I was a dragon until I met Raid. It was unexpected. He was quiet. He didn't like to speak unless he ha something important to say. But he had a nobility about him, and a gentleness that I needed at the time. Shortly after that, I found out that I was Bane's second daughter. He'd sent me away to keep me alive as an infant. He didn't know that the guards had sold me instead. They told him I'd died and he had no reason not to believe them.

"We had a year... Maybe a little longer... Then the attacks started... There was a power play in the dragon realm. Some wanted my sister to mate, others wanted her dead. Either way someone else would be on the throne. Then they found out about me and decided to eliminate me so I wouldn't be able to claim it. They managed to kill Raid and Bane's new mate within a week of each other.

"It was difficult for a while. We were both wrapped up in grief and pain, unable to comfort the other. Remember, I was still new to being a dragon. Every chance I got, I slipped away to practice flying. There was something about flying that I absolutely loved. I still do... I guess it's the freedom of it..." she paused there briefly, giving a soft blush as she remembered that talking about how she felt about flying shouldn't have been included.

"Anyway... I was out flying one day when some of them found me. I managed to get to the islands here, not far from Lao and Ebony's cave. I was hurt by then, some claw marks and bites. I was still so new to everything, you see... Then one of them got in a lucky hit and I crashed... I damaged my wings when I fell. Lao came to my aid, killed a few of them then chased off the rest. He got me to Ebony and she patched me up. Bane came and found me there. We moved to another cave in the mountains and he tried to take care of me. But we were still hurting... Then he left..." she paused there again as she moved the stew pot to the fire pit in the part of the cave that was sized for dragons then returned to finish making the sweet tea.

"A friend of Ebony's came to help her with me. My wings were still in splints and my injuries were taking a long time to heal. He got me from the cave and into the sunlight then into the water. We found the crystal cave that day. It was deep under the water back then. That crystal healed me and released my healing ability.

"Later, Lao raised this island for me and helped me furnish the caves here.

"I set up to heal other dragons here after they stopped trying to kill me. I still think Lao had something to do with that, though I can't prove it.

"After a while, I considered Sleeping," she mentioned a very old condition some dragons fell into. A sleep-state where they dropped into such a deep state of hybernation that they were often mistaken for actual stone. Such a state could last for years. It was rumored that some dragons had fallen into Sleep before humans evolved and were still Sleeping even now...

"Well, that day, Cedric showed up to ask for my help. Apparently Dancer had been hurt badly and they'd asked Cedric to come ask me to heal him," she couldn't help the small smile as she remembered that day, "He was arrogant, full of swagger and self-importance. He'd been raised by his angel-father and knew very little of his mother's people. I agreed to help and healed Dancer that day. Cedric tried to charm me, then he outright seduced me.

"He was so different from Raid... One was a gentle quiet, the other an arrogant tornado..." she gave a soft sigh as she let the memories fade along with her small smile.

"Cedric and I raised one clutch. They all developed his angelic powers and had to go to the angels to train. I haven't seen them since. Cedric always told me how they were doing, how proud he was of them..." her voice faded there as she realized that she wouldn't be hearing about them any more.

She took in a slow breath to steady herself as she realized just how alone she was now. But she didn't let that show. She'd deal with it later, when she could be alone. She'd always cried in private, dealt with pain in private. It was what she'd always done and was now a very hard habit to break.

By now, she had the stew over the fire to simmer and the sweet tea in the icebox. She had also gotten bread put together and ready to bake near the fire, all she had to do was put it in place.

She didn't realize she'd talked so long. It had all simply come out.

She finally looked up at him and offered a small smile as she laid a bread-towel over the bread dough on the table, "I think I need to lay down for a little bit. I'll get the bread done when I get up. It's been a busy day..." she offered as she moved past him to her room, blinking her eyes a bit more than usual.

She managed to get to the bed and laid down with her back to the doorway, letting out a soft sigh that shook as the tears simply started flowing. In that one moment, as she'd looked up at Indra, she'd realized that she was alone again. She knew it, of course. But in that moment, she'd fully felt it and the emotions had simply overwhelmed her.

It was probably the first time he'd seen her upset in any way in the time he'd been here...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:39 am
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Amir
Amir relaxed a bit as he felt Dancer holding him, instinctively reaching out to hold the other male as well. He let out a soft sigh of relief as Dancer's healing washed over him, finally allowing him to rest peacefully as the magic moved through them both.

Indra
Indra followed Sasha and offered what help he could as she worked on the stew. He looked at her face when he heard her start to speak. He listened carefully as she started to talk about her life, finding her story extremely interesting. He couldn't imagine how it would feel to be raised human and then suddenly have such a truth revealed.

He let out a soft sigh when she started to talk about the attacks on her life during the power play in the dragon realm that had led to the deaths of both Raid and Bane's mate. He remembered how chaotic things had been. He had known about the loss of Bane's mate, but he hadn't realized that Sasha's mate had been killed at the same time.

He found himself shuddering a bit as she described damaging her wings and being unable to fly for a while. He perfectly understood her feelings on flying, so he could imagine just how horrible it would be to have damaged wings and be unable to go flying.

He listened to the rest of her story without a word, watching her carefully as she spoke. He noticed her smile as she talked about the day that Cedric had shown up and was relieved that she could find a bit of happiness in the events she was describing to him. He frowned a bit when she mentioned that the one clutch she had raised with Cedric had gone to train with the angels and that she hadn't seen them since then. He noticed that slow breath she took in after she stopped talking and quickly realized that she was trying to steady herself so that she didn't have to show her pain in front of him.

He watched her go back towards her room after placing the bread-towel over the dough. He debated what to do for a moment. He knew that Sasha shouldn't be alone with her pain like this. But he also wasn't sure if she would get upset with him if he tried to follow her and help her instead of giving her time alone to deal with her pain in private.

He finally let out a soft sigh and made his way to her room, pausing in the doorway as he saw her laying on the bed with her back to the door. He hesitated for a brief moment before he simply slipped into the bed behind her and wrapped his arms around her to hold her. He didn't say anything, instead finding it better to simply be there as support and letting her know that she wasn't alone and didn't have to hide her pain.

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:50 am
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Sasha stiffened when Indra sat on the bed, thinking that she needed to get up for something. Then he moved to lay behind her and put his arms around her, silently holding her. She knew that he'd be able to feel the tiny shudders moving through her as she silently cried and knew that there was no hiding it now. After a moment of him simply holding her, she relaxed into him and let him hold her as she cried.

She didn't know how long she cried. She actually lost time with it this time. She stayed quiet for a little bit after her tears stopped, now noticing that Indra was holding her tighter against him and that it made her feel...

"I've always been alone more than being with someone... My adoptive parents died when I was young... The village on Sebastet's island raised me... I didn't have Raid very long... Bane wasn't with me long before he left... I had a little while with Cedric but then he died... Our brood left to live their own lives... I'm alone again... Part of me wishes it wasn't like this... It just hit me that I'm alone again... I know I have to get used to it but..." she said in a hoarse whisper, her voice a little raw from crying but soft enough that only Indra would be able to hear her.

As a healer, she had to be steady and serene, calm and collected... She couldn't let anyone see her like this because it would undermine her ability to get others to trust her when she needed them to. Especially other dragons. They were a volatile lot on a good day. When they were injured? Well... They were a nightmare... So she couldn't let anyone else see her like this. She wasn't sure about Indra seeing her like this. But there was something about him holding her right now that changed something for her... She wasn't sure what it was but it made her open up right now.

There had been one moment a few days ago... She'd left the door open when she had to change her dress and Indra had gotten a glimpse of her bare back. Her back was covered in nasty scars. When she was in dragon form, those scars showed as greyed scales against her usually lustrous scales. They carried over as physical scars in her human form. Admittedly, she had other scars, but Indra had gotten a brief look at some of them.

He knew why she wore the dresses that she did. They hid her scars. She'd always been sensitive about those scars. Cedric hadn't minded them, but he hadn't talked about them either.

Sasha was still sensitive about those, considering them to be a flaw that no one would look past.

"I still don't know what Cedric saw in me... I don't know why he chose me... I loved him, but I don't think I was enough... I know I wasn't strong enough... I'm still not... I wasn't strong enough to save Raid... I wasn't strong enough to help my father when he needed me... Now I'm not strong enough to protect my home... After everything... I have to wonder why I keep going..." she admitted in an even softer whisper.

She could never have said any of it while looking at him. She didn't think she could admit to being weak while looking at him. She hated that she'd never been strong. She wasn't even strong as a dragon. Her only abilities were healing, flying, and keeping a home. All the males she'd known preferred a strong female, one that could defend themselves instead of being a burden.

This was what Sasha hid from everyone. No one had ever known this about her. She'd never told anyone about it. But this was what she hid behind that serene exterior that she showed to everyone. And in this moment, she softly admitted it to Indra...

Of course, she never really realized that some males preferred a female that wasn't a fighter, one that kept a home and family, one that nurtured and needed protection. Some males preferred that kind of female rather than one that rushed into danger. Some preferred a female that did need them... But... Sasha hadn't encountered very many of them...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:35 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Indra
Indra was relieved when Sasha finally relaxed into him and accepted him holding her as she cried. He had been afraid that she would get upset by his decision. He stayed silent while she cried, deciding that he wouldn't speak until she decided to. He simply held her as he felt her shaking from her silent crying, holding her a bit tighter as time passed.

He listened carefully when she started speaking in that soft whisper, wanting to make sure that he heard everything that she had to say. He let out a soft sigh when she mentioned that she would have to get used to being alone again. "You don't have to get used to being alone just yet, Sasha," he said softly. "I know that it may not count for much, but I'm here with you. And I don't really plan to go anywhere."

He was silent for a bit again until he heard her start to talk about not being strong enough and wondering why she kept going. "I can tell you exactly what Cedric saw in you. He saw you, Sasha. You're not strong physically, but you're probably the kindest person I've ever met. You connect with others and give so much of yourself to help heal them. I know that I've only known you for a little while, but I have heard stories about you, Sasha. I always heard about how kind and gentle and just good you were, and I'm seeing that the stories just didn't do you justice."

He paused for a moment as he thought about how he wanted to phrase things. "You're not weak, Sasha. You aren't physically powerful, and you're not really a fighter. And that's okay. The world has enough fighters in it. Your strength isn't physical. You heal others and help them with their pain. That takes a kind of strength that so many lack."

He let out another soft sigh. "Don't ever be ashamed or regret how you are. Don't ever think that things would be better if you were stronger. You're wonderful as you are. The ones that loved you saw that. If you were some strong, fearless fighter, the world wouldn't be better off. You wouldn't be the one that they loved."

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 am
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

She did listen to him. And somewhere in it, she stopped crying. After he finished speaking, she waited a bit longer then moved a bit. She knew he thought she was planning on getting up but she turned instead and curled up with her face in his chest.

She missed being held like this. She missed someone caring enough about her that they simply wanted to hold her and make her feel safe. She missed someone holding her like she mattered to them...

She was exhausted. She'd done alot of healing today, put together a meal, kneaded bread dough, and cried herself out. As she buried herself into Indra's chest and inhaled his scent she fell asleep before she knew it was coming. Indra knew her well enough by now to know that she'd sleep for a few hours then get up and get herself back to working herself into exhaustion. He also knew by now that she didn't sleep peacefully unless she was exhausted.

Indra had been with her for over two weeks by now and had learned alot of her habits by now as well as the fact that she was plagued by nightmares.

He got to hold her like that for about an hour before he could hear the sound of wings outside the cave. But when he managed to get away from her to check on it, it wasn't anyone he would have expected...

Michael the archangel raised an eyebrow as he caught sight of Indra and simply settled his four wings behind him so that he could enter the living area of the cave, already able to tell that Sasha was asleep. He kept his gaze on Sasha's doorway but spoke to Indra, "When do you expect her to wake? I need to speak to her," he asked, knowing that his tone came across as arrogant and imperious but there wasn't any helping it. Still, for her sake, he would try to tone it down.

He didn't need her mad at him again...

He finally turned to look at the male and easily guessed why he was here, "I take it that you were sent to protect her? Good. Because there's another threat to her. I would have come sooner but I had to check the validity of the threat first. There were rumors..." he shook his head and moved to the cave entrance to look outside, making sure that the place was still save, "I'm Michael, by the way. I promised my son I'd protect her and I mean to keep that promise. The threat is coming, but even you will need a little help for this one," he stated firmly, determined to keep Sasha safe, then ask her forgiveness for staying away for so long. But he'd had to make sure...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 am
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Indra
Indra was quiet for a bit as he held her, glad that he had helped her to stop crying. He felt her moving and got ready to let her get up. He was surprised when she instead turned and curled up with her face in his chest. He didn't say anything and simply continued to hold her, finding that it did feel pretty nice to be holding someone like this again.

He couldn't help but smile a bit when he noticed that she fell asleep. He knew that she had to be exhausted from everything that she had done today, so she had earned her rest. And he knew that her exhaustion meant that she shouldn't have any nightmares as she slept. He knew that she would sleep for a few hours, so he was content to simply stay with her and hold her until then.

He shifted a bit when he heard the sound of wings outside the cave. He took a moment to gently slip out of the bed so that he didn't wake Sasha and made his way to the living area to see who had arrived. He was surprised to see an angel looking at him with a raised eyebrow, but he made sure that he was always positioned between the angel and Sasha's doorway in case he had to intercept him.

He watched the angel carefully for a moment after he asked his question. He wasn't really planning to answer until the angel mentioned a new threat to Sasha and introduced himself as Michael. "She's only been asleep for about an hour, so it'll probably be a few more hours before she wakes up," he stated simply. "What kind of threat is it? I need more details so that I can make sure that she stays safe."

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:31 am
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Michael glanced at him over his shoulder for a moment then turned to look at Sasha's doorway again before he refocused on the male and spoke again, "Humans being aided by a few disgruntled dragons. Funded by the Church, and being aided by an idiot that will regret stepping on this pathway," he said simply then turned to look outside again.

"I have no idea when they'll be here. It could be today, it could be the day after tomorrow. But I was told that it would happen soon. Unfortunately, I got a little carried away when the informant told me that Sasha was the next target," he paused there and considered that momentary laps in judgement, "My blade slipped..." he admitted, his tone a little harder on that line than on anything else.

After a moment, he cleared his throat and continued normally, "I made a promise to keep her safe. I will not be foresworn," he added before moving back on to the important facts.

"They attacked Ebony. Stupid move, if you ask me... She left one alive then gave him over to me to question. In the process, I found out a lot of information once he was properly motivated to speak. Apparently, someone didn't like a dragon mating with an angel, then objected to one of those hybrids breeding further. They went after Cedric and their children. I didn't know it was a trap or I would have acted sooner, I swear it. Now, they plan on capturing her and doing some rather nasty things that do not need to be repeated," he looked at Indra again, his face a hard mask of determination and anger.

"I plan on making sure that they do not succeed..." he finished with the important information then considered the male a little differently this time.

He gave a soft sigh and spoke in a softer tone, "My son told me something once... 'Instinct is the most basic truth a dragon knows. I don't plan on ignoring it. She deserves to be loved and cherished as the gift she is. If I can make her smile or laugh just one more time then my life was well-spent.' ... He was speaking of Sasha, of course. I didn't understand it at first. But I did later. She was never meant for living alone. She deserves to be loved, perhaps more than most. She gives without any thought of herself; sometimes she gives too much. She needs someone that can love and cherish her just as much as someone that can pull her back from doing too much. And you deserve to be loved as well..." he said softly then turned to look outside again.

"I'm going to see if I can spot anyone. Make what preparations you need to," he finished simply before stepping outside to see if he could spot where they'd be attacking from....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Indra
Indra watched Michael carefully and immediately starting thinking once he described the threat. "I wouldn't normally view the humans as too much of a threat, but being aided by the Church definitely makes them more dangerous," he commented. "I'll have to set up the best defenses that I can as quickly as I can. Not knowing the exact time makes it a bit trickier, but I should have a few tricks up my sleeve that will help."

He simply shook his head a bit when Michael mentioned that they had attacked Ebony. "I still find it surprising just how many are stupid enough to keep trying to attack Ebony. You'd think they would've learned by now." His eyes seemed to glow for a moment as Michael mentioned that the humans planned to capture Sasha and do horrible things to her. "I'll do what needs to be done to keep them from her. She's been through so much already. I won't let them hurt her more."

He paused for a moment as Michael began speaking about what Cedric had told him about Sasha. He let out a soft sigh when Michael mentioned that Sasha deserved someone to love and cherish her. "She deserves that and more." He was a bit surprised by Michael's comment about him deserving love as well. He hadn't thought about possibly trying to find love again with Sasha before now, though he had to admit that it had felt surprisingly good to simply hold Sasha and comfort her.

He shifted back from his thoughts when Michael said that he was going to see if he could spot anyone. He gave a quick nod and moved to retrieve a box with several crystals. He placed the crystals around the cave and sent a small bit of energy through them, creating a protective ward around the cave. It wasn't the strongest ward that he could make, but it was what he could do in a short time. He reached into the box again and pulled out a small pendant that had been left to him by his father, a family crest surrounded by gleaming gems. He didn't really know the meaning behind the pendant, but he'd been storing energy in it for years in case he needed to use it for something big.

He slipped the pendant around his neck and retrieved his sword before he moved outside to find Michael. "I placed a few wards around the cave that should protect her. Now I can do something else that should be helpful. Anyone that tries to come here will have to do it by flying in or using a ship. I should be able use my lightning magic and control over water to create a huge storm around the island. There would probably be a few that could get through, but it should be enough to stop the majority of threats from actually making it to the island."

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:45 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Michael landed as Indra came outside to join him and shook his head, "They're already here. They landed their boats at the other side of the island. They're being well-concealed for the moment. I suspect they've either got a Priest with them or-" he paused and looked up, "Ah... Well, three dragons seems a bit excessive, but makes sense," he gave a shrug over the three figures flying high in the sky. They were high enough that detecting details was difficult.

Michael considered the possibilities then made a decision, "Wake her. She'll be able to defend herself if one of them manages to get inside the cave. I don't intend them to be able to, but I never claim to be overly arrogant, just arrogant enough," he instructed then gave him the next bit, "I'll man the entrance to the cave. You take care of the flying idiots. Leave one alive if you can," he added, knowinf that it was the best split of resources.

He wasn't sure of the exact number of humans they had to deal with, but he had no porblem sending them to their maker to answer for their mistakes. While he'd been commanded to love them, that didn't mean that he avoided disciplining them whenever needed. It seemed that it was needed this time.

Inside the healing cave, Dancer frowned as he fought against the sleep-command from Sasha. Eventually he managed to break it and woke up Amir as well, "Amir... There's a problem..." he said softly, sending his own powers out to detect any threats to the island. He found the fanatical humans easily. Finding Michael was a bit of a shock, though. Still he ignored it for now, "Apparently there's only one dragon and one archangel to defend Sasha. What do you say to evening the odds with a leopard and a hyaena?" he finished with a teasing half smile.

He knew they'd be able to work together easily, even in a fight. And they would be unexpected.

For now, Dancer was healed enough for this. Amir would have been fully healed and able to process that he needed to speak to his father later. But, for now at least, there was a threat to be eliminated and Dancer was giving him a teasing smile that couldn't be resisted. Especially when he leaned in and gave him a teasing kiss that would hint at rewards to come after the fight.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Indra
Indra frowned when he heard Michael stating that the threat had already arrived at the island. He processed the information quickly and gave Michael a quick nod. "I can take care of the three dragons," he stated simply. "I'll leave one alive if possible, but I can't promise that I'll leave him in good shape. You may need to do your questioning quickly."

He turned and moved back into the cave and to Sasha's room. He saw her sleeping and let out a soft sigh. He really didn't like having to wake her when she was sleeping peacefully without nightmares, but there wasn't any choice. And there really wasn't any time to waste.

He moved over and gently shook her a bit to wake her up. Once she was awake, he got her attention. "There's a threat that just arrived at the island. I've warded the cave as best as I can, and Michael is guarding the entrance, but you need to be ready just in case." He gave her a moment to process that information and then quickly made his way back to the entrance of the cave. He saw Michael and immediately spoke up. "I woke her up and let her know what's happening. I'll go take care of the dragons in the sky. And maybe I'll take out their boats while I'm at it. Wouldn't want them getting away to try again."

He allowed a moment for Michael to think about what he'd said and then immediately shifted to his dragon form. He took a moment to enjoy being able to take this form again without the feeling of Sera holding him back and then immediately ran forward and took off, flying in the direction of the three dragons that were in the sky.

Amir
Amir took a moment to fully come to his senses once Dancer woke him up. He blinked several times and then focused on Dancer. He listened to what Dancer had to say, frowning a bit as Dancer explained that there was a problem and that there were only two people to protect Sasha.

He stretched a bit and was about to respond when Dancer gave him that teasing smile followed by that teasing kiss. He eagerly returned that kiss and then licked his lips as he pulled away. He returned Dancer's teasing smile. "Such a tease," he said. "I'm sure we'll thoroughly enjoy our time later. I'll show you what you get for your teasing." He stretched once again and let out a low growl as he felt his hyaena stirring. "For now, though, I think that evening the odds with a leopard and a hyaena sounds like a great idea. There's no way that we'll let them get anywhere near Sasha."

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:37 am
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Sasha was confused at first but quickly got the point and simply nodded to Indra before he left. She moved over to her dresser and pulled out a different set of clothes than what she usually wore, quickly changing. She now wore a pair of dark grey tights, a pair of black ankle-boots, and a t-shirt in dark grey as well. She braided her hair down then coiled it to her head, working as fast as she could so that it would be contained and wouldn't be in a position to be a weakness.

While she was changing, Michael drew his sword and stationed himself at the main entrance of the cave, determined to protect Sasha this time.

In the Healing cave, Dancer gave a teasing flash of a playful grin he hadn't used in a very long time and started to remove his clothes. No sense in letting them get ripped up, after all. He simply grinned again at the heat in Amir's eyes before he shifted to his snow leopard.

Admittedly, the snow leopard was one of the smaller large cats, but because he was a shifter, Dancer was larger than the natural counterpart. Still, he knew that Amir's hyaena would be larger than he was. Yet, he didn't mind that. He liked the fact that Amir's hyaena was larger than his leopard.

Still, he gave a playful chuffing sound and a curl of his long tail then moved for the cave entrance with Amir's hyaena hot on his tail.

Sasha saw them both as she made it to the living area of the cave and shook her head, "Dancer, be careful. You're not fully healed yet. I know better than to keep you back so I'll advise caution instead," she said simply, wondering if she was losing her touch with her sleep commands...

Dancer gave her a nod and headed outside with Amir, both of them managing to flank Michael in the process.

The angel looked down at them and shook his head, "It figures..." he muttered and shook his head a bit, "Humans on the island. They're here to capture Sasha. They may have a Priest with them. The plan is to send them to repent to their maker personally. If one can be kept alive for further questioning, it would be useful," he said simply, his eyes focused on the direction away from the beach.

Dancer simply gave a growling chuffing sound and moved off with Amir following him. Thankfully, Sasha had allowed the rest of the island to grow as it wanted to. That meant that Dancer had treelimbs to prowl up high, allowing him to focus on his hunting strength of stealth. And Amir had the trees and grass to hide his approach so that he could use the bone-crushing jaws his species was famous for.

Overhead, they could easily hear the battle in the sky. Meanwhile, they started stalking and killing idiots, allowing a few through for the archangel to deal with...

Sasha hesitated inside, hating, yet again, that she was so bad at defending herself. Someone always had to protect her...

She finally shook her head and collected the small dagger Cedric had given her and secured it at the small of her back under her shirt. He'd taught her to use it, but she'd never felt confident with it. Still, it was better than nothing...

She could already hear the sounds of fighting outside and had to fight her instincts to rush outside to try to help. Her one weakness... She had to heal...

She was so distracted by what was going on outside that she didn't hear the one that had snuck in through one of the emergency exits...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:21 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Indra
Indra flew towards the three hostile dragons as quickly as he could, silently enjoying being able to fly again without having to worry about Sera anymore. It didn't take long for him to reach the other dragons, seemingly seconds away from crashing straight into them. He changed his trajectory at the last moment, dragging his claws along one dragon's side and drawing quite a bit of blood in the process as he quickly found a weak spot. He knew that he was outnumbered, but he knew that he was more than capable of handling all three of his opponents. He simply allowed himself to enjoy the feeling of being able to fight again without having to worry about an angry spirit trying to sabotage him.

Indra continued to enjoy the battle with the other dragons for a bit, easily making small attacks and darting away as he played with them a bit and infuriated them. He got distracted for a brief moment as he suddenly felt something disturb the wards he had placed in the cave, causing him to growl as he felt claws dig into his shoulder.

Indra suddenly twisted in place, allowing one of the other dragons to deal a shallow blow to his chest before clamping his jaws down on one dragon's neck. He ignored the taste of blood as he bit into the other dragon's neck and tore out their throat.

He suddenly shifted into his human form as the two remaining dragons attempted to close in from both sides, allowing him to dodge the clumsy attack before driving his blade into the side of one dragon. Without a moment of hesitation, he channeled his lightning magic through the blade and into the dragon, killing the second dragon in mere moments.

He tore his sword free and pushed himself away from the dead dragon, shifting back into his dragon form and quickly flying higher as the final dragon lost track of him. Indra suddenly slammed down onto the last dragon's back a few moments later, digging his claws into the dragon's body and breaking the other dragon's wings from the force of the collision. He pushed the dragon back towards the ground, using his own wings to slow the descent just enough to ensure that the dragon would survive the impact. He released the dragon just before colliding with the ground, catching himself to stop his fall as the broken dragon slammed into the ground not too far from Michael and the cave. He quickly shifted back into his human form and began to run back towards the cave, hoping that he could reach it in time to stop the threat that was still setting off his wards.

Amir
Amir couldn't help but return Dancer's teasing grin as he began to remove his clothes as well. He found himself getting surprisingly excited by the idea of fighting together with Dancer. He gave a teasing wink to Dancer once they were both naked and then shifted a moment after the other male.

He immediately took off after Dancer, following closely behind the leopard. He heard Sasha calling out for Dancer to be careful due to not being fully healed yet and gave her quick nod to let her know that he would be keeping a close eye on Dancer. He gave a simple growl in response when he heard Michael's words and followed Dancer towards the humans that were attempting to get through to Sasha.

He found that he was quite enjoying himself as he and Dancer started to stalk and kill the hunters that were after Sasha. He made sure to occasionally tease Dancer with a n** here and there, allowing the leopard to know that he was enjoying himself and looking forward to more time with him.

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:24 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Wolfe Garm

Dancer wasn't normally a violent personality. He was a soul healer, after all. But he did have to admit that he was actually enjoying taking out these idiots...

He freely admitted that he wanted them dead. They were threatening Sasha, one of the sweetest and kindest people he knew. For them to threaten her in any way, quite frankly, royally pissed him off to a level that he'd never felt before. It was like kicking a puppy or beating a baby, maybe like sacrificing a kitten on the alter at high holiday... He really couldn't think of anything bad enough for a comparison with this one...

He knew that Amir was enjoying it because they were doing something together. And he was too. But this one also felt personal for him.

He moved along one branch, tracking a small group of the idiots while Amir was tracking around the side of them when he overheard something that chilled him, "That priest is a little off his rocker... No idea why he's so intent on this one. So what if she got together with a half-angel? So what if they successfully had offspring? I know he's already seen to it that the male and offspring are all dead. Why is he still getting off on this one? I don't care how much they're paying us for it, capturing a dragon to torture them later? Just doesn't feel right to me... We don't do torture..." one of them said, making Dancer pause on the branch to see what else would be said.

"No idea. We're not paid to think, you know. We just do the job. He's in charge of her once we get her. All we're here for is in case she's got someone else with her. So stop your grousing and do the job," came the reply from one of the others.

Dancer didn't like the sound of any of this...

He waited for them to shift a bit more then dropped down on one of them, easily breaking the man's neck before making a leap to grab the throat of another one.

Thankfully, he'd startled them. Unfortunately, he'd startled them...

One of them managed to get a shot off before Amir could get the other two with the satisfying sound of bone getting crushed. Dancer was grateful that it was just a graze but he knew he'd have to assure Amir before they could continue. So he shifted back to his human form and revealed that the graze moved along his ribs on the right side, "I'm okay, Amir. I promise. It's just a graze. But we have another problem. I think someone was able to take a different route to get to Sasha. We have to get back now," he told the hyaena, giving a smile as he leaned in to press his forehead to Amir's before he shifted back to his leopard.

He ignored the blood on him as he simply turned and started running back towards the cave, knowing that Amir would be hot on his tail...

Inside the cave, Sasha could hear Michael fighting some of the humans that managed to slip past Dancer and Amir. She could also hear the dragon fight easily. She was trying her best to not rush outside and help those getting hurt, knowing that Michael would have some choice words for her over that one.

But thanks to the chaos outside, she didn't hear the man sneaking up behind her until he managed one sound right behind her. She turned in shock just in time for him to easily knock her down with him on top of her, his hands going to her throat.

"I'm supposed to just capture you but I cannot allow you to live. Not only did you breed with that abomination, but you actually produced offspring with it. I've made sure that none of them survived. I even took down that half-breed that polluted the angelic lines. Now I'm going to take you down as well. They want you so that they can figure out how you managed to heal. But I can't allow you to live..." he said in a low voice, the evil grin on his face showing how fanatical he was, how much he believed in exactly what he was doing.

He'd just revealed that he had somehow managed to kill Cedric and the only children she'd had...

He had her arms pinned at her sides as he straddled her and started to strangle her. The combination of his weight on top of her and his hands at her throat was making it hard for her to do anything. She kicked her feet, trying to make enough noise for someone to notice and come to help her. She couldn't get to the blade in her boot or the one at her back. She couldn't do anything but kick her feet as her vision started to darken around the edges and tears spilled from her eyes...

He was on top of her long enough that she barely heard someone else run into the cave and simply tackle the man off of her, turning her onto her side as she tried to gasp for air, coughing as she put her hands to her throat.

Michael had managed to keep anyone from going into the main entrance, his sword easily and quickly ending their lives. But he had to frown when he saw Indra land and start running towards him, finally realizing that he was running for the cave. He turned and ran in behind him, finding Sasha on her side gasping and coughing with a hand to her throat.

He waited a bare moment then had to speak up, "Indra! Leave him to me. See to Sasha!" he basically ordered him as he moved to stand over the priest with his sword at his throat for a moment before leaning down to haul him up by the front of his shirt with a glare. Instantly, the priest knew who had him and started babbling about everything he'd ever done before Michael simply used the pommel of his sword to knock him out

When Indra moved over to her, Sasha first flinched away from him. But then she caught his scent and reached out for him, still coughing and gasping, trying to breathe through her abused throat.

Dancer and Amir ran in shortly after and Dancer slid to a stop beside Sasha and Indra, shifting to his human form on the way. He caught the damage to her throat and growled, "I overheard a couple of them talking... He was supposed to capture her and take her back alive... This looks like he was trying to kill her... They also said he'd somehow killed Cedric and their children... I don't know how, but..." he shook his head and changed the subject, "Take her to her bed. I don't know how she uses the crystals in the cave but I think we can help her. Amir and I seem to make a good team," he said simply, not touching her as Sasha tried to pull herself into Indra's body, still crying from fear and relief that he'd come back.  
Isles of Draconia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff