Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 pm
He raises a brow at the man reporting, the other joining it when the Unicorn Battle Maiden leading the group slumped over in her saddle. That... was very peculiar. It couldn't just be fatigue from riding, they were nearly born into the saddle. Could it be the heat? Yoritomo Misaki frowned, shaking his head a bit. Perhaps something else then. He wasn't a Shugenja, so he wasn't about to try to diagnose the problem.  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 9, 7, 9, 7 Total: 42 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:54 pm
Jinyu-Zhe's initial reaction was panic from the sight, especially concerning the danger that posted falling from the back of an Utaku steed. However, as he urged Chiyuuai forward quickly, he apparently underestimated either her training, and/or Chishiyo's. I mean, perhaps it was the kami, but probably not.

"Darling! Darling!" he spoke loudly as his horse rode up next to the other, a hand going to her back to prevent her from slipping from the saddle. "Er... I mean... Commander!" He would do his best to examine her under the circumstances.

Quote:
4k3 Intelligence/Medicine, with 1 possible raises; please disregard if it isn't applicable.
Raise: To be able to examine her while we're both inconveniently on horseback.
Result: 25 vs TN ??+5

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 am
Your medical training reveals that Aneksi is just severely exhausted. She seems have born the weight of many months in just the time it took the short expedition to get to this point. She requires rest right now. Maybe after a few days, she'll be well enough to do light labor or the like. When informed of this, she will appoint husband as brave brevet commander of this venture!  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 2, 10, 5, 7 Total: 37 (6-60)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 pm
The shugenja placed a hand on Aneksi's forehead, only to pull it away and look at his palm. He would then return his hand to her face, this time using the back of his fingers to affectionately caress her cheek (ewww, touching!). "Aneksi-san..."

Jinyu-Zhe would glance over his shoulder to check anyone nearby, then turn to address Chishiyo. "Okay, girl. Your partner isn't feeling well, and I want to get her to lie down over there so I can treat her. Please please please cooperate with me..." he would say, taking the reigns and doing his best to guide both horses towards the structure he spotted earlier and had gone to report on. ((Clarified with GM, no roll needed this one time.))

He would stop a few trots forward, turning to Misaki, the closest samurai to his position. "Yoritomo-san, could I trouble you to come with and keep an eye out? I don't think anyone's home but a second pair of eyes to confirm would be much appreciated. No need to put yourself in danger, though."

Whether his request would be accepted or not, he would then ride forward towards the building.

Quote:
4k3 Perception/Investigation in case there's something afoot here. Result: 35

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 7, 9, 4, 1 Total: 23 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 am
"Of course." He moves to walk with Jinyu-Zhe, looking over the structure and the surrounding area.

VOID for 1 rank
3k2 Perception/Investigation

(Goddamnit Dice)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 pm
@Yoritomo Misaki

With your eight, you've determined that there were a lot of people around this old building in the near past.

@Utaku Jinyu-zhe

Your more in depth senses reveal several things. There were two, maybe three groups that came to this building. The first came into the building and seemed to leave after the second set of foot prints. It seems that the second group laid siege to the building but were dispersed by the first. These tracks seem to be about a month or so old. The third group looks like it may have been left by two to four people and are recent. Maybe three days old, maybe three hours old. This group seems to have been trying for stealth, but didn't do a good job of it.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:44 pm
"I don't think anyone's here now," Jinyu-Zhe would say to Misaki, trailing off like he was going to immediately continue but just scanned the building from his current position near'ish to the front.

"... you?" he would then ask Misaki, turning to appraise the man's own results.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:20 pm
"Not at the moment, but definitely recently. We should make sure to keep ourselves aware of our surroundings as we continue on."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm
"Aneksi... that is, the commander... has been pushing everyone hard, and they're tired. The hour is late, and I think we should camp here tonight. We don't have much sunlight left. I'm going to get her inside, can you signal the rest of the unit to move in?"

Not particularly waiting for a response, Jinyu-Zhe would disembark his own steed, moving around to the side of his wife's and helping her down. With her in his arms, he would carry her inside to find something comfortable for her to lay on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 pm
As you go inside, you see that the old building is a bit sturdier than expected. Probably this is because one of the more recent groups of occupants refortified the building. You find a tatami mat that someone has left behind for some reason. Most likely they do not need it anymore. If you want to find anything more, you're going to have to do something about your lighting condition.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:55 pm
He just nods, heading back to the wagons. "We're stopping here for the night, everyone pull up to the building and find a place to get comfortable. That's the orders passed to me to pass on to you all." With that, the Mantis turned about and returned to the building, wondering why he decided to do this again...

Oh right, the prospect of more money.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm
The one wagoneer would bring the wagon to a clear place and see to the horses. The other would start setting up a camp fire. Togashi Seijun would use her Togashi abilities to reach somewhere unreachable and relax there. Shinjo Asura would dismount, see to his horse, and then go look for somewhere to be moody.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm
"What's the plan for watch, tonight?"  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 8, 2, 3, 10 Total: 33 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52 pm
No second-hand Tatami mat would suffice for Wife! scream

Plus, between the two of us, we own three.

With his priority getting Aneksi out of the sun, and seeing how bare the place was (at least just inside the door), he would rest her sitting against the wall until he retrieved one of their mats which would have undoubtedly been cleaner. One done, he would go fetch one of their mats, and lay Aneksi down upon it, elevating her head slightly...

Later, Misaki would find Jinyu-Zhe as he was completing a spell, within very short distance to Aneksi but facing away. He had a scroll open before him and was chanting quietly.

"... and thus, I implore you, kami of water, to lend me your aid in my search for answers."

Quote:
Water as a Commune spell, with a raise to 'wake up' a local spirit of water because I suspect water is in short supply and thus that particular element is probably not active; if this raise is unnecessary, please convert the raise into one for clarity.

4k3 vs TN 10+5 = 18.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:22 pm
Jinyu-zhe's commune spell would sense the most alert water kami in the area would be in the water trough. It bubbles somehow in greeting.  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff