Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 am
Luiciand was indeed tense standing before C’ryn. How did one say that they were glad and delighted that the other had impressed when feeling as miserable as Luiciand was at that moment? But he was. Still, on some level he had known that he wouldn’t impress that time. At the Touching he had been at odds with too many of the eggs. Shards, the one he would have been most likely to impress was the one that he couldn’t possibly ever impress.

It didn’t make this any less awkward for Luiciand. However, with a sigh all the tension left his body. Whether it was through giving up or actually accepting what had happened he didn't know. He crouched down to look Aresoth in the eye. “I expect you to take good care of the him. I once told your sister I would lend her what she needed and I will stick by that for my friends too. But I can’t be there for him all the time the way you can. So I am trusting you.” It was silly what he was saying. Of course the dragon would take good care of his rider, yet that was what Luiciand needed at the moment.

Standing back up, Lucian extended a hand to the new rider. “I didn’t get to congratulate you properly on the Sands."

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:07 am
Dr'stan and Ddraigth

The smile Alumet graced him with caused the one Dr'stan wore to widen. He did catch the plaintive sound that Zenobiath gave to Alumet and he smiled, remembering when Ddraigth was a hatchling ten years ago. He was younger then Alumet when he impressed, 15 instead of 17, there were some things he didn't understand back then. "Believe me, Zenobiath, you are the center of your Alumet's world." He winked at Alumet and the dragonet after he spoke. He had not heard the young dragons words, but he could almost guess at what that plaintive sound had been. "If the two of you need any help, please do not hesitate to come to me or Ddraigth for help. I've been through V'mel's teaching before."

Ddraigth let a relaxing feeling reach out towards Zenobiath. My Dr'stan is right, Zenobiath. You will always be the center of yours world. If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to come to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyra and Orodreth

Tyra nodded her head at T'at as V'rind introduced him. A smirk appearing on her lips as they both made a joke about T'at not biting anyone but V'rind. The joking helped Tyra to relax some, she was never very good at being around new people and crowds bothered her. It was one of the reasons she had sought out V'rind. There was a look of concern that crossed her face as she watched the way T'at was looking V'rind over with concern. Had her joke not gone over well? She wasn't very good at that and tended to be a little too blunt. "Nice to meet you T'at. Thank you for taking such good care of V'rind."

Orodreth watched Krahsujunth with some worry, hearing the tone of his words to him. He moved to sit closer to his friend, watching him as he did so. He had never thought about some of the things he was asking. Had he ever wanted to father a clutch? He didn't know. He had always been happy in his lot in life, happy with his Tyra. But he was younger then Krahsujunth was. I do not know brother. I have never thought of the things you have asked me. I do not know if, perhaps, I am too young to want a clutch. But you are right, if you desire and have the ability to chase you should have the ability to father.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:04 pm
BastetAmun

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

"Hmm." Cami hummed thoughtfully, mulling that over as she tossed the red fruit in the air absently. "Well, no complaints." she said after a moment, catching it and taking bite with a smile.

Her smile widened at the bronze's word, happy he remembered her. She had enjoyed speaking to him at the Touching, though she imagined she wouldn't often get the chance anymore. "Much more handsome, yes." she agreed. "And larger and stronger, I imagine, as well."

She straightened up again, looking back to C'ryn. "Well congratulations then C'ryn." she said, echoing Luciand's words. She might've noticed the slight tension between them, if she hadn't been distracted in that moment by another of her friends, a little ways away. She lifted a hand towards Demanthra and waved, hoping she would come over later if she had time. It looked like she was speaking to someone now.

Focusing back on the two she was with, she looked back at C'ryn. "You'll have to keep us updated on what it's like as a Weyrling." she said. "That way we can be ready when it happens for us later." And her words were maybe a
little bit of encouragement for Luciand as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:54 pm
V'tre & Thanoth

Thanoth slithered snake-like under the table as V'tre got settled in, nestling against her person's knees, little wings spreading like a blanket to almost hug him. Her head slip up to rest in his lap, looking up up up and occasionally sniffing or nosing up at an errant crumb or drip of gravy. Oh yes, I couldn't have had anyone else, Aurinkoth, even if he was trying to hide from me. The dragonet tugged her head from V'tre's lap to whirl bright glittering eyes at her brothers. Who knows where we'd be if he weren't there. Maybe if he wasn't I'd not be me either. I'd certainly not be here though, I think. She butted her head against his thigh, making her boy look down with a mixture of worry and awe, and slide a hand down to gently rub at her headknobs and neckridges.

She seemed to brighten even more at Ezebuth's mention of the tuber. Ohhh yes! My V'tre had one, it was lovely. Well. Not as nice as what we ate earlier, maybe, but he seemed happy to have some. I'm sure you'd just love it, brother dear... She could already imagine him honking up a storm to get a bite of 'tuber', and her tail snapped and lashed before twisting around the leg of the bench, trying to hide her anticipation of the spectacle.

"Yes, well," V'tre paused to gulp down an undoubtedly oversized bite of something or other, packing his plate's portion away with the ravenous hunger of the still-growing but not wanting to seem crass in front of Ichta and G'ran. "I'm happy she picked me, of course—Thanoth's perfect! I can't believe she would have climbed all that way up to get me, and I mean, I couldn't ever say no, right? She was meant to be mine, and I was meant to be hers, but well...I never really thought about being a rider before. Not really." He tapped the flat of his knife pensively against the dish, tap, tap, tap, as he focused inwards slightly, reflecting on the wild day that'd just gone by. His glance up up at the two of them seemed almost guilty. "O-oh, yeah, right. Obviously I'd rather have her as mine than have her hurt, or be...lost..." The thought of that was very sobering, and down below Thanoth forced her nose back against his thigh, a reminder that she was in fact here and fine.

"I know, I'm fine, silly!" He cooed down at her, and then forked a bit more of his meat to pass on down to her. "I mean, it's a lot more exciting than my apprenticeship, though I liked that too. What about...you two?" He glanced back and forth between them, wide-eyed and eager to learn just everything about two, in his opinion, new good friends. "Did you want to be riders? I mean, you were candidates, so yeah I'd bet but like...did you think you would be?"
Tsunake

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:28 pm
Aurinkoth's eyes whirled with curiosity at the mention of the tuber. As if hook, line, and sinker he turned his attention up to Ichta. Ichtamine? What is a tuber? Is it good? May I try some? Ichta looked down from her conversation - well, the out loud conversation - as if surprised by this inquiry. They're a root, Aurinkoth. Hearty, can be served up a lot of ways. I think they're fine on their own but... let's see how the fruit treats you before I give you anything else. The blue set his head on her knee with a small sigh.

Ichtamine says no because I already had some of the fruit. he informed his siblings, though he seemed to not mind as the young woman's hand idly stroked along an eye ridge affectionately.

The question earned a slight frown from the young woman. Tchose's words easily egged their way into the forefront of her mind, even after years of not even living under the wonan's roof. "I'd never considered it. Riders are meant to be people of good merit and spirit and I...." she barely started when Aurinkoth perked up with such vigor he knocked his head into the table, honking once in protest. It didn't take someone seeing into the blue's mind to see that he wasn't having it. Ichta smiled down at him. "Let me finish dear one. I was going to say that I didn't think those were traits to be found in a weaver."

She looked up at V'tre and offered the young man a smile. "I'm an apprentice weaver on top of a Weyrling, so that...was where I saw myself."

It was a more positive answer than the intruding memories of a degrading alcoholic.

Shinosbee

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:55 pm
V'rind & Krahsujunth

V'rind had opted to focus, rather intently, on her mashed tubers after sitting down. She really was quite ravenous, and she'd never been the type of delicate, simpering female to restrict her eating habits. Unfortunately there was slight side effect when T'at mentioned his intent to nibble on her, and she nearly ended up spraying the whole table with mashed roots as she fought back a sound that was half cough, half laugh. Her baleful warning glare in his direction was much more in the vein he'd come to expect from her though, and the smack to his upper arm carried enough force to sting. "He's a sharding menace, Tyra, that's what he is." With a rumble to clear her throat and chest, she speared another bit of food, all but inhaling it before gesturing, rather rudely of course, with her fork. "You want'm? I'll give him to you for half off. He wasn't kidding about that biting thing though." Her glacier-blue eyes flicked towards the man in question, turning as hard and sharp as a chunk of ice, before thawing as she turned back to her friend.

"Mind fetching us some drinks, T'at? You can do that at least, right?"

Krahsujunth lifted his head to peer out one dull orange eye at Orodreth as he crept nearer. Most blues, almost every blue...alright, every single blue he'd ever asked about on this topic had had more or less the same answer. They hadn't thought about it. They hadn't considered it. Why was he the lone one of his kind? Large enough to be a brown, and browns could manage to catch golds now and then. The only, only thing holding him back in his mind was the color of his hide. If he rolled around in a pit of mud before a gold rose, would she consider him more genuinely? Or was he the aberration? Would that it were so easy. If it came down to simply wanting it, then it would have been. But they never notice me. At most, they praise me the next day...for 'keeping up', or for 'lasting through'. But they don't really see me. I am...an amusement. Not a potential mate.

the blue's head dropped carelessly back to the dirt with a thud, his nostrils flaring as breath puffed out. ...I suppose I should just be happy to see more strong hatchlings, fit to fill our wings against the Enemy, hmm?
BastetAmun

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm
Fated Fable
Sorry for slowness! xP

"Dr'stan. Alright. That shouldn't be too hard to remember." he laughed. His eyes moved to the green when Dr'stan introduced her, still looking at her like she was some kind of miracle or magic trick. "She is. I mean.. she really is. Just- wow.. Cynosuth, right?" he muttered, still in awe of her. And though he knew what a dangerous thing hope could be, it was still a little comforting to know that there was at least one dragon out there who had wanted one of their rejected ranks. His smile grew as the green nudged her head against his hand. "Well, if anyone deserved it, Dr’stan, it’s you." he said, and he really meant that. He smiled brightly and scratched her head a little, where it had bumped against his hand. "And she’s gonna be the healthiest weyrling in the history of High Reaches, I’m sure." he added with a laugh. "Man, I don't know if V'mel is going to love or hate you."

Finally lifting his eyes from the green, he glanced around a little. "I'd have thought you'd have more clamoring around you." he said, honestly. After all, it wasn't every day that someone who was nearly thirty impressed a dragon. Until today, he didn't even know that was possible. They always said it wasn't. It made him wonder what else they didn't know about dragons, even after all these turns. "Where's H'sad anyway?" he asked, unaware that he had been the one to drive him away. Maybe he was getting them something to eat? "A blue and a green! Man, he must be ecstatic."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:34 am
Completely unaware of the dragonish relay that the hatchlings had begun on his behalf, Karone stared into his cup and listened to his table companion. A healer, especially one so specialized, would always be needed, always welcome, always wanted. But what use is a sword and a dance against Thread? The thought dropped like a weight on the youth, and he quickly took another drink to distract himself from it. He had told himself and others again and again that he would find a way to be useful even if he had no dragon. And he would.

“I’m not entirely sure what I’ll do just yet if I age out, but at least I’ve some time to come up with something.” He was beginning to feel better. Relaxed, even. He slouched a little, more for comfort than a desire to sulk. “I’m sure I can find a master harper to teach me other skills that will be of better use than a jig or two-step.” He took a piece of fruit and chewed on it thoughtfully. “Perhaps archiving. Or teaching.”

He looked at Dorianus again. “What made you choose surgery?”

”BastetAmun”

-----------------

Brown Kratoth sat on the floor by his rider, slurping bits of meat from Le’x’s hand as it was offered, all the while keeping a lookout for Karone. At one point, he stood on his hind legs against the boy’s chair to get a better view. Who knew there would be so many people here? He felt restless, wanting to take action, but his rider needed to eat first. Hunger was not something to leave waiting, the dragonet well knew.

“Nice to meet you, C’lusi, I’m Leni-- I mean Le’x.” He grinned, remembering how Kratoth had given him his new name. “That’s going to take some getting used to. Anyway, I’m from a hold on the Telgar River. Fairly flat area, good farming, nice trade along the river. Not much left of it now, though.” He paused, marveling for a moment over how he’d barely even thought of “home” since coming to High Reaches. “I think I like it better here,” he said, barely aware he’d spoken aloud. It was more a continuation of his thought than intentional conversation. Then he shrugged. “This is home now. I think I knew that even before Kratoth came.”

Hearing his name, Kratoth gave a merry chirp. Le’x turned an adoring look on his dragon, reaching both hands to give Kratoth’s head a gentle shake, as one might fondle a beloved canine. He was rewarded with an outpouring of affection so strong that he could swear he felt it physically, like warm water being poured over his skin.

When he could bear to pull himself away, he turned back to C’lusi. “How about you? Were you Searched? Where did you come from?”

”Masterharper”

Teiha

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 am
C'ryn and Aresoth

C'ryn's eyes watched Cami as she threw a piece of red fruit into the air and caught it. He smiled, glad that she was feeling more comfortable in the weyr, as well as opening up more, like he was.

Aresoth crooned at Cami's words to him. Of course I am. C'ryn smiled at his confidence, he didn't believe the dragon was being arrogant either, he was just very confident in what he could do.

There was a swell of pride at being called his new name by someone who had been a peer. No, they might not be candidate's anymore but they were still peers, still friends. Aresoth's eyes, however, had moved to look at Luiciand able to feel the waves of tension that C'ryn had felt, as well as the ones that were coming off the other boy. Aresoth stayed by C'ryn's side though he fixed whirling eyes upon Luiciand, reaching out to the boy.

You helped to look after mine once the touching was finished. I thank you for taking my advice from the egg to heart. Yours is a kind soul that will find it's match. C'ryn heard the words Aresoth spoke to Luiciand as he gripped the other boys hand. "Thanks Luiciand."

Releasing his hand, he ran a hand through his hair. "It's a little weird. I wish one of you guys had impressed as well. Not very good at making new friends." He paused then, his hand moving to rest on Aresoth's head. "But I'd like to stay close with both of you." At Cami's words he laughed and nodded his head. "Of course. I'll probably need someone to confide in. I've heard V'mel is tough." Those weren't the real words he had wanted to say, but he couldn't really think of the right way to say it. His eyes moved back to look at Cami. "Besides, you'll have to teach me how to shoot from dragonback."

DruidTigeress

faesinger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dorianus

Glad the other boy was finally relaxing in the seat next to him, Dorianus listened to his words. "Those are always things that will need people to help them with. Though, knowing how to make music and cheer people up during the darker days is also a talent in and of itself. People will always need entertainment as a source of distraction from the horrors of the world."

The other boys question made him pause some, people had never really asked him that, or if they had he just brushed them off. "My grandfather is a Master surgeon. I grew up around it, so I suppose to me it was the logical choice." There was nothing romantic about his choice of craft, just like Dorianus everything was logical and thought out. Grey eyes moved to fix upon Karone as he finally asked a question.

"Where are you from Karone? If you don't mind me asking."

Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:34 pm
Andranis

H'sad
While the man was often accustomed to Dr'stan's firelizard stopping over to say hello, he did not expect a strange one to do so. In fact, he blinked in surprise and a bit of confusion. He didn't recognize the flit as any of his companions, but given the huge social gathering, it could be anybody's!

Cinonth... Who is this? He asked his blue.

The blue dragon did reach out to Fish, sending a friendly tendril of good will. The blue hoped he'd get some sort of information, if only so H'sad could know who to thank -- or inform -- later. He wasn't sure if this was a trained creature, or just one happy to take human perches.

"Er... thanks little one?" He did get the little splash of happy colors, and a small smile did cross his features. He understood when firelizards were trying to be helpful -- those happy images had to be an attempt to cheer him. "I'm fine, really," he assured. But he still wasn't sure who this belonged to, or whether or not it was hopeful for a treat. He was in the food queue, after all.

If nothing else, it distracted him from Dr'stan and Rokhnin, even for a moment. Maybe he should go over and say hello. . . Well. Since he was here, he might as well get them drinks and something to share, if nothing else. Being this late to arrive, he knew he'd need some reason for the delay.

Dea and #Teddy#

Fated Fable

Teiha

DruidTigeress

The little blue's eyes whirled a bright shade of green, and he gave a happy creel in delight at Though C'lusi paused in his eating to look down at his friend, the baby dragon craned his neck to look innocently up at his rider. The blue moved closer to C'lusi, and turned his hum into a loving croon, trying hard to give his rider as much contact as possible. Macuith wanted to surprise C'lusi, for all that he wanted to also tell him of his great and perfect plan.

Privately, to Monath, the blue dragon said, Most clever Monath, your help is greatly appreciated! These love wherries will be reuinted yet! Ah, it would be bliss, and wonderful, and his rider would be so proud, and Kratoth's rider so happy, and the other boy joyous. All in due time.

When Cynosuth confessed she had not seen the boy, and was looking for her rider's own lost lover, he sent a wave of affection, love, and support back. His neck craned as he tried to spot his little green sister, and he was quick to assure her. Do not worry, most gentle Cynosuth. I think we may have found our missing man -- shall I start another search party for yours? Someone here has bound to see yours! Tonight should be a night of reunited love, don't you think? Ah, it would be so romantic if it were.

Oh, Macuith so pleased his siblings were so receptive. When Basanuth told him that they had not seen the boy, he was quick to send a fond and affectionae wave of assurance and pleasure back. Oh, sweetest and bravest Basanuth, I do believe I have discovered Kratoth's friend thanks to Monath. But it seems as if Cynosuth is in a similar predicament. Her rider's someone is also missing. I'm afraid it is just an evening of missing people.

To his brown companion, Macuith happily shared the image he received. Soon, Kratoth! I think we now know where he might be. If only we can get ours to finish eating, or stop long enough. Food is important, but nothing can stop the power of love. It was a shame Macuith had no idea that Le'x and Karone were cousins, and that his idea of their relationship was rather confused. Ah, but even if the two boys were simply friends and compatriots, it didn't mean that there wasn't affection or care between them. Macuith just preferred the idea of love.

C'lusi was only too happy to take a moment to sit and talk and eat. He hadn't eaten anything since the day before -- with the Hatching first thing in the morning, and his Impression, he'd been so focused on Macuith that he had completely forgotten his own need for food. But now that he had a feast before him, he was only too happy to gorge. He knew he'd work it off later.

"Le'x -- that's a nice honorific. My name's 'bout the same as it was before, just missing a few letters. Easier to remember I s'pose, but there wasn't much else to turn it into!" He added with a little grin. Perhaps it was silly, but he was proud to have a new name, even if it sounded the same. Most men and women out there could only dream of becoming a rider, and today was the day C'lusi and Le'x had found their lifemates. While some might turn up their nose at the tradition of shortening a riders name, it was an honor he had dreamed of for Turns.

When Le'x mentioned coming from Telgar, the boy gave a visible wince. He knew that Telgar had been hit hard when Thread returned. The fact that Le'x was alive was almost a miracle in itself. Unfortunately, many places had been devastated, even with warning; even High Reaches, though perhaps spared the worst, had still suffered great losses. "I'm sorry, mate. But I suppose that's what we're here for, isn't it?" He added, letting himself fall momentarily subdued. Macuith turned around to study his rider, and while he gave an assuring croon to Le'x, he pushed himself closer to C'lusi, and snuggled up close. "Pern needs us more 'n ever, though I . . . I do wish the Weyr hadn't been right. It was too high a cost." How quickly High Reaches Weyr had turned from the laughing stock of Pern to the most respected of Weyrs. Pride and a belief that they could conquer nature, could change fate. . . It had been foolish to hope. How many families suffered because of their ancestor's belief?

Ah, but perhaps now wasn't the time to think such dark thoughts. He looped his arm lovingly around Macuith, and gently stroked the soft blue hide. Thankfully, Le'x seemed to pull out of his own reverie to ask of his own origins. "Oh, I'm technically weyrbred. Sort of," he added with a shrug and easy grin. "I was born in some nowhere mining cothold around Crom," he explained, "But my Mom brought Alumet and me to the Weyr when I was eight. S'been my home ever since, and I'm glad of it."

A small part of C'lusi wondered if his father knew of their Impression. He knew the man had survived Threadfall, but where he was, what he was doing... honestly he didn't know. And he didn't want to know, did he? The farther away Cahlumet stayed, the better for them all. Maybe he had a new life elsewhere. "Due to living here, I didn't have to be Searched. My Mom had been a Candidate Turns before, but never Impressed. She works in the kitchens now." He'd have to find her sometime tonight. Not right now, though. He'd let Alumet have some time yet. Besides, he wanted a more quiet introduction with Macuith, and not something so blatantly public.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Fish let out a pleased little thrum at the smile, nestling his nose against H'sad's neck. When he felt the reach of the dragon, he was reminded of his Big Bronze. At the least knowing what the word His Human used when referring to him meant, the flit projected images of various fish, and then himself(Or, at least, the curious image His Human had once made of him), in some hopes of getting his point across. He then projected images of His Human and his Big Bronze, conveying who he had come with. Any images of what His Human did in his day-to-day making it in was, to Fish, entirely incidental. He was simply happy to let everybody who wanted to know who he was and who he looked to.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 pm
BastetAmun

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Weyrwoman Zheria & gold Eveleth
The woman picked her way through the crowd, disregarding those that pared, and occasionally nodding to a particular person of importance. The Weyrwoman of High Reaches was tall and often commanded a presence; her tan skin stood out against the pale faces so typical of the northern Weyr. Her hair was styled and pulled up in a wrap, with gold hair accessories, and a few gems, woven within. She was tall, trim, and strong; she was beautiful in a fierce and feline sort of way, and didn't she know it -- she was not a shy woman, nor was she one who would back down from a fight.

While Benden might have had Lessa of Ruatha, High Reaches Weyr was commanded by Zheria of Nabol. She understood the game from a young age, and when Eveleth looked upon her, she found herself with all the pieces she needed to win.

Right now, a new player had entered the game, and it was time to see how she stacked up in the grand scheme of things. Lestenna had proven to be a good fit within the world order; Olliah meek enough to do as she was bade and loyal enough to be molded. Now what of this new player? Would she prove to be an asset, or would Zheria need transfer her elsewhere? Time would tell. It wasn't as if High Reaches was hurting for queen riders.

Zheria's eyes finally fell upon the one she sought. The pale skinned girl, with yellow hair, and that look about her that Zheria knew so well. For though tonight was as much about politics and standing as it was about a celebration, Zheria was not so blind or cold-hearted to miss the new joy on young faces. Impression was a miraculous moment, and Zheria had watched each Impression with fondness. Eveleth had changed her entire world, just as each hatchling now changed the lives of those they sought. While she considered congratulating some of the weyrlings, her first and only true priority was Alumet and Zenobiath.

While the others would help fight Thread, and perhaps rise up in rank as they aged and matured, it was the position of tending to a new gold weyrling that would have the most affect on Eveleth and herself. Would Alumet be someone Zheria could depend on? There was quite a difference between being simply a gold rider, and Impressing a true queen.

Her eyes turned to Dr'stan as she approached, catching the last of their conversation. So the bronze riders were already introducing themselves to the newest queen rider. No surprise, that, really, and it would only get worse. Make connections with hem while they're young and malleable, get in good with them before they realize how deep politics ran in a Weyr. Perhaps she'd warn the girl to guard against such things; or perhaps she'd simply see how Alumet handled herself.

"Do you doubt the girl's capabilities already, Dr'stan?" Zheria objected, arching a severe brow at the young man. "Or think that she'll crumble beneath V'mel's capable, but stern, hands?" It was difficult to tell if she was teasing or being serious, though a smile (fierce as it appeared) was placed upon her lips. She gave a small, dismissive click of her tongue. "I assure you, my girl, you're a goldrider of High Reaches Weyr. You will make it through and be afforded the best training any Weyr on Pern can offer." Really, now -- Alumet didn't need to be fussed over or coddled. She needed to stand strong, otherwise the Weyr, and Pern for that matter, would eat her alive.

"But that is tomorrow's worry, is it not? Today is your day to stand tall and proud with Zenobiath. Such a lovely lady she is," Zheria complimented them both. Her words were genuine, and for a brief moment a gentleness and fondness entered her gaze as she looked down at the little gold hatchling. How young she had once been... "I trust the two of you are well this night? Why so far from your clutchmates and family?" It had not escaped the Weyrwoman's notice that Alumet had pulled herself apart, separated herself. Vanity? Fear? Pride? Anxiety? Hmm.

Eveleth, for her part, did reach out to the young queen. You have chosen well, young Zenobiath. I am glad to see another young queen within my Weyr. And if there was a wistful tone to the queen, she was, perhaps, missing her golden daughters. She would have to properly congratulate Uridith on such a fine clutch.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 am
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

Alumet had been about to reach out to say something in return to Dr’stan...when suddenly a single person’s presence had her looking up, realizing that she was suddenly in the presence of someone- Oh. Zheria’s approach got the girl to smile, the gesture curving at the corner of her lip as the woman corrected the lovely man that she’d become fond of back when. Pale blues studied Zheria, watching the severe face, before a tiny laugh came from her at the scolding. Knowing what she knew about V’mel, she wasn’t nervous about Weyrling training, but ah. No one needed to know that. Not yet.

It took almost no time for her gaze to slide away from Zheria, and back to her precious one,, “I have little doubt that whatever training we receive will be the best, and I will face it without any hesitation. Zenobiath and I are not afraid.” Her fingers moved under a small head, smiling at the trill that came from the gold. Whirling rainbow eyes had settled green as the Gold settled herself on the floor, sitting elegantly. After all, she was a Queen, even if she was only a little one. This woman was important, that much was clear. Hers said that she was the most important Goldrider, which...well, that would mean that the smaller would afford Zherial the respect which was due.

The compliment to her appearance got a croon as well, approval from the young one. Yes, she was beautiful. The question though, “...Honestly, we felt crowded towards the back. A moment’s anxiety, that’s all. From here, though, Zenobiath can watch her Clutchmates, and she prefers that, don’t you love?” Of course, Mine. We must be able to see all that goes on. Certain things must be kept under an eye. That got a smile, the motherly tone from her Gold making her feel content, “She wants to keep an eye on them, make sure all is well, that no one steps too far out of line. Me…? I’m content to watch as well.”

She had the feeling that the Weyrwoman might be testing them, pushing a bit to see what her mentality was, “While I enjoy the attention as much as the next woman, we have responsibilities. Other than that, we’re enjoying the night. It’s so lovely, and so much work has been put in to the food and the look of things.” Alumet’s attention drifted back to her Gold, as it would from now on, her lips pressing to the top of her head. A bit of tuber came off her plate, handed to the Gold’s maw until she was distracted by a voice. Those eyes whirled again at the sound of Eveleth speaking to her, I chose the best. There was no doubt, even in my shell. Alumetmine is going to rise above, as she has always done...We are not afraid. Well, Hers was. A little, but it was because she was beginning to understand what came with being a Goldrider.

Masterharper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T'at and Brown Nessuth

He’d been about to say something as V’rind offered him to Tyra, but when those eyes turned to him, coldly, and asked if he could get them drinks, he sighed and stood up to his feet, a hand resting on her shoulder. If she wanted drinks, he’d play fetch, “Only for you.” Why? Because he was fond of her, as much as he could be fond of anyone, “Back in a bit.” With that, he turned off. Might as well take a step near Nessuth to make sure he was alright. Nonetheless, it seemed having a Weyr suited him. Maybe he’d talk to Lestenna about that, see what she thought. Even...Even if he honestly pissed her off the last time he’d seen her. Shaking his head, he moved to the Brown first, fingers going under his jaw to stroke. It was a moment, something unique between them, renewing a bond between them.

BastetAmun

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am

Jalarus

Jalarus had been shooed out by some of the kitchen staff. Though he had signed up to work during the Hatching itself, his shift was finished, and the rest of the night was his to do as he pleased He had thought about taking a double, but his fellows had insisted he go out and enjoy himself.

He'd begun by going straight back to his little room, and had thought it best to just stay there. But the smell of food, of a feast he'd helped prepare, tempted him; and, perhaps, a little masochism on his part. He wanted to see who Impressed, congratulate the few he knew, and at least admire the baby dragons from afar.

So, the large man had changed into nicer clothes; he wasn't rich enough to afford some of the fineries his peers invested in, but at least his forest green tunic was clean, and the pants bereft of stains. A belt around his waist, fingers through his hair, and the large man found himself dressed up (for him) and . . . still settled alone in his room.

It took a little time, a little nerve, but the temptation of really good wine, and good food, finally drove him from his room.

By the time he got to the Feast, many had already eaten. It meant the queue wasn't long, and many weyrlings had scattered among the crowd. Perhaps that was just as well. His eyes drifted over the various groups, feeling as much an outsider as any.

Maybe this hadn't been a good idea.

But he was here now, and if nothing else, he could find a corner table to finish his meal, and his drink, and slip off somewhere else. Besides, as painful as it was to be present, there were some handsome faces to admire; and of course, the wine was some of the best on Pern brought out only for such celebrations.

His eyes fell on Rokhnin and Dr'stan, and he found himself feeling a pang of jealousy and joy. What a lucky b*****d, he mused, staring at the precious little green. The likelihood of a dragon Impressing at such an old age... well. It gave him hope, but it also caused him worry. It would do him no good to hope for a future, for a use, where he belonged.

He was a gruntworker now, at least until his bones and muscles gave out. And then he'd be... what?

The line moved, and he grabbed an overly-full goblet of some Benden red, and a plate piled high. Maybe he'd congratulate Dr'stan if he had a minute. Maybe he'd first build up some liquid courage and let the wine settle his nerves. That sounded about right.

Taking an empty seat, he averted his gaze, and focused on food an drink instead. If only Kharin had-- no. He wasn't going to think about that. No sense in adding salt to his already aching emotional wounds.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:46 pm
Dr'stan and Ddraigth

Dr'stan had still been watching Alumet, seeing that she was preparing to say something back to him, when she stopped. This caught his attention, but when he heard a voice, his back went rigid and straight, there was no more relaxation in his posture as the weyrwoman moved to join them. He saluted her swiftly and easily, listening to what she was saying and he winced on the inside. She must be thinking he was here wishing to try and make a vie for power with Alumet, and she would be right if he was another bronze rider. He waited while she spoke to the both of them before speaking.

"No ma'am. I was just offering a place to vent or to ask for help if need be. I was not undermining her abilities in any way." The woman before him would probably still think he was trying to get close to Alumet to use her, because that's what many would do, but he was not that kind of person. Climbing the ranks of the weyr was not his ideal choice and the politic game was a little to brutal for him sometimes. He was an honest man, never one to go behind someones back to achieve anything, and loyal, perhaps to a fault as well.

Dr'stan stood there, listening to Alumet and Zheria talk and he wondered if he should excuse himself from their conversation. Alumet would be the newest junior weyrwoman once her training was complete. He knew she could handle herself, she could take care of herself, he just hoped she would not become a pawn to Zheria. There was a strong need to stand beside the young woman and her gold and he did not know where it was coming from. Deciding he needed to get away and clear his head some, he bowed low to the two woman. "Ma'am." His eyes moved to look at Alumet as he stood up before. "Once more, congratulations Alumet." Perhaps he would seek her out later once she was done, if he felt he should speak to her again.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Masterharper

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyra and Orodreth

A laugh escaped Tyra's lips when V'rind offered to give her T'at, though the brunette shook her head at this. "As much as that might be a bargain, I'd rather not. Sides, he seems pretty attached to you. Wouldn't want the boy to get lonely." Tyra never had time much for social interaction, to Orodreth's displeasure, though she did seem to want to find time to be around her fellow lady blues.

Ice blue eyes watched V'rind as she spoke to T'at, asking him to go and get them drinks. Her calculating gaze watched her friend, there was something bothering her about how V'rind was acting. While, yes she knew that the happier side was normally shown towards friends, that wasn't what bothered her. There was something going on in her mind and Tyra decided to ask now that T'at was gone. "V'rind, is something wrong? If the man is being such a bother, I'm surprised you haven't run him off yet."

Orodreth paused some as he listened to Krahsujunth. He felt sorry that he hadn't been able to make the other feel better. It was a blues lot in life to never be able to catch a gold and he had never wanted to catch one either. He couldn't really understand the feelings that the other blue was going through. I am sorry, brother. I wish I could do more to console you, to tell you that the weyr where I was clutched is so very different then High Reaches, but even there, a blue has never caught a gold. I fear we just would not be able to carry a queen back safely after the flight, even if we were picked. Probably not the best way to try and cheer him up, but Orodreth was at a lose for what to say, and he so wanted to help him feel better. His eyes did move to look at the hatchlings, nodding his head some. We will have need of more as the turns pass. At least there were blues with enough sense as us to pick a woman. Orodreth was proud at that, add more female blue riders to the ranks in High Reaches.

ShinosBee

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces