Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Team Mission - The Maiden Voyage of the SS Anne II(Complete) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:21 am
"Or we can-" A scream could be heard from the sudden increase in Metagross' pressure, but there was little surprise that her plea would be denied. It was still worth the shot, she felt. "...cut out the middleman in all this. Out of anyone in the team, I'm probably your best bargaining chip that isn't named Sub or Sol, alive or dead. Want to know why there isn't any signs of XD002 here, his Project Genesis? I'm why. I'd wager Ein would be thrilled if I was with him again to do as he wishes with me, or at least glad to know the one that ended his project has been dealt with- permanently." A deep, pained breath would follow; even Cera could only keep her thoughts going for so long before the pain made it more difficult.

"I'm not going to bore you with alternative plans that wouldn't require throwing us to the wolves or anyone dead. I can hear the desperation in your voice. You've planned this out pretty far. If I can ask one last question before you decide to order Metagross to crush my head in for all this talking, though? What if we're not a good enough trade for your brothers in Ein's eyes and he just kills all of us, you, and them anyway? For all I've said about being a good bargaining chip, none of it's a guarantee."

---

"I'm sure a few will want to check the Forest out. We're grateful for the help," Amaranth chimed in. "A few of us can check out Pyrite and the Under in the meantime. You've got our back; we'll make sure to have yours too."  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:04 am
I stared at Blusix rather funny. Whatever Odd was doing wasn't working. I was afraid of that. This guy is all levels of messed up. But what was just as messed up was his reasoning. He was going to trade us for his brothers? The hell? I started to remember something from a while back, but I wasn't sure as to what...I knew that couldn't be right for some reason.

Freth, who was still above, narrowed her eyes. She did know. She was on the mission. Blusix abandoned that lot for Ein. It was what lead to get them to do their whole messed up experiment which eventually lead to Freth obtaining Absol. Assuming that Ein did at some point capture the rest of the bunch and doing who knows what the hell to them, why would he bother? Freth is having a hard time believing that he has anything resembling families ties, let alone a conscience, at this point.

Whatever the case, the thing I hoped that Odd was doing would pay off. When he started giving his demands and tossed out the rope, telling us what it was, I finally had my answer. In Blusix's desperation, he's given the answer to us. Problem is, I didn't have the means of doing it. I wasn't psychic. Cera was. Cera needed to take the that rope and bind his feet together. Make the metallic behemoth fall over off balance. If they were as self fastening as Blusix said it was, it should work. Problem is, Cera needed to get over her animosity over reading minds just this second and do it. I stared at Cera now...she needed to act fast and now. She was the key in all of this.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:02 pm
"I can't believe I'm letting something like this happen," Abby growled as she bound herself with the rope Blusix provided..

"I know how you feel," Keiko whimpered, binding herself as well. "The thought of what Ein would do to someone like me shakes me to my core. But I'd never forgive myself if Cera died because of me."

"I know, but... crud! We're playing right into his hands!" Abby shouted. Despite that, however, she knew she couldn't do anything to help the situation. If salvation were to come for the four of them, it would have to come from an outside source.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 pm
Leslie stared down at the blubbering man for a moment, almost pitying the poor man for breaking so easily after his brave front. Not that she was projecting her own insecurities there. Nope. She was absolutely secure in her pure state of being the hardest and baddest one around. "Crazy? You mean like breaking a tied up kid's fingers crazy? Cause I wouldn't keep swing at that particular windmill." Leslie said menacingly, eyes locked onto Zook's as she balled her hands up into fists.

However, Aria had a completely different takeaway from Zook's little freak out over Leslie and Darts. After all, they had to share something in common with how his eyes darted between them after the normal guy line. Which pretty much settled it on hybrids. And given the gender he gave away, it sure as hell wasn't the easy pick. No, it had to be the scarier option. Because OF COURSE it had to be the scarier one. "So....S-22 is still active? Like....running around Orre active or standing menacingly next to a weird place active?"

And outside, still arc welding, Reno would feel his ears perk up as he heard mention of S-22. He didn't make any big motions, but he was certainly paying a great deal more attention now.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:03 pm
Aile caught the laughter from the sailors and gave a small grin, sighing slightly before turning towards the Snagems again. Talk of splitting the group further normally would worry her, but with the group they were amassing, she figured that they might actually be okay. Now her debate was if she joined the group in Agate or decided to check in on Pyrite. Agate was more tactically sound, but she had made a meager home for herself in Pyrite, and was desperately wanting to check in with the town and see what had happened.

The woman was brought back to reality from her circling thoughts by the bar keep, taking his extended hand and shaking it. "Thanks. I appreciate it. And you lot, since it seems we're starting a bit of a revolution of sorts... If you all can spare my golem and I, I think I'll actually head over to Pyrite. If you want my heavy lifting, I'll be more than ready to supply it, but I've got to see what's happened to Pyrite for myself, otherwise."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:47 am
Blizzard120
Blizzard would be right about one assessment. Cera could do something about it and use the rope against them; she already knew that much. But she also knew how fast none of it would matter. If she used it on Blusix, Metagross would most likely do what it felt was necessary almost immediately after. Using it on Metagross wasn't a guarantee that it'd do anything other than piss it off, at which point the same result would be reached. Doing much beyond telepathy, she felt, might be a similar case. It was the only thing that wasn't inherently dangerous to do, buying whatever few seconds she could. As it was, playing into his hands was the only thing to have a chance at a positive outcome, the others' displeasure at this be damned.

She wouldn't say anything else for the moment; for now, she said all that could be said. Much as she wanted look up at Blusix, the Metagross wasn't having any of it.

---

Espeon_Commander

"Then I'll stick with anyone that wants to go to the Forest. And with that..." Amaranth would quickly take out her SNAG, sending a message to relay their current findings to the others. And maybe take a few looks at the map the barkeep had out again.

"Hey, we were able to get some info at the bar. Found a few leads all over the place. Our best two so far look to be the Forest- I'm... guessing that's near Agate Village if I'm looking at the map right? Pyrite and the Under are the other lead; the Under sounds the least changed of any place, so it might be one of our best bets; if not our best bet. I'll work on relaying more, but how's things elsewhere in town? Has anything else been found?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 pm
Odd looked down at the rope Blusix had thrown at the group's feet, then back up at the sentai-inspired trainer. "That may be easier said than done for me." He stated simply. Unless that rope was made to contain ghosts, it was likely that his body would react to it's attempt to bind him and phase through it and since acquiring his new, more stable, Artifact, it took a great deal of focus to control that innate skill for even a few seconds. Speaking of recalling, he remembered Cadenza was floating behind him and as he bent down to reach for the rope, he tapped the button on the ball to recall the Shedinja. "I'd have to agree with Cera, though." He spoke as he stood, rope in hand, one end trailing off to the floor due to it's length. "Do you really believe that we'll be enough for Ein to give you your brothers back? He's completely mad." He pointed out, as he began attempting to bind his own wrists, waiting to see if the rope would actually hold on the one wrist before wasting time attempting to bind the other with it. Also easier said than done, bind one's own wrists with said bound wrists.

~~~

Lykas watched and listened further as the sailors swore to aid them in Agate Village -the work camp, as they called it- and then left. "Well that went better than expected." He admitted, looking down at Ulla. "You're a spectacular motivator, little girl." He told Ulla, surprised that she was the only one to have spoken on snagem's behalf, it seemed, during the exchange. "I'm with Aile. If the Under is still functional, we might be able to recruit more people to help us break this region free of Ein's control there."

Pausing for a moment, though, he heaved a heavy sigh. "We might need to pay a visit to Phenac, though." He stated. Amaranth hadn't brought it up yet but someone needed to. "S-22 is apparently hanging around there. If we don't take that damnable cyborg out before we try to confront him, there's a good chance it'll come running like the musclebound shark puppy it is to slaughter us while Ein watches and laughs."

~~~

Kaya kept quiet for the moment, simply awed by Ulla's ability to articulate subjects that should be well beyond a child her age's ability to even understand. The silver-tongued girl was most certainly a better fit than him for the true successor to Master Succellus, able to pull at the heartstrings of nearly anything that so much as possessed a heart. When the others began discussing their next course of action, he recalled how long he had been in the Fairy Realm before his return. He knew very little of what all Ein had done during most of his absence. "Granted that my own Pokemon and I are likely not the strongest in this group, given the several years of not training we went, I might be a better choice to go to Pyrite than Lykas. I can assist Miss... Aile, I believe it was?" He asked the young woman, uncertain if his memory of her name was correct, especially since he couldn't recall interacting with her directly since his return.

~~~

Wren listened to the interaction between Sub and this 'Perr' kid. "I can't say I speak on behalf of everyone here, since I didn't join this group prior to the war beginning in Unova but since then, we've been a bit busy trying to stop this 'Ein's influence from spreading to my home region." He told Perr. "And I can't say I'm familiar with this 'Grid' you're talking about but if you're able to help us wrest control of the region back from him, we'll be glad to help you reconnect..."

Turning toward the front of the shop for a moment, he heard Zook's voice. Clearly the others had managed to capture him. "Normal guy my dreads." He remarked under his breath. No normal guy would break a kid's fingers for information.  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:25 am
Ulla watched as the sailors rallied together, as they were now filled with determination to storm the camp. Seeing how she's motivated them so much, it was only right she would lead them to the charge. For now, she would give them some time to ready themselves as she got up from her chair as she dusted off her dress. She looked over at Lykas as the child smiled. "Thank you. It was nerve wracking, but luckily. It all worked out." She said as she looked over to Amaranth who said she would be joining the Forest Team. "The more help the better."

While Ulla was discussing with everyone else, Leon was in shock by the information. He knew that his parents worked with several different people...but one of them was Ein? What happens...What happens if some of Ein's information he has, was because of his parents? He sighed. "That's the only thing you know? Nothing of our parent's research you know of? None of their experiments or findings have been used have they?" He asked as he tried to recall as much of the stuff his parents were working that he knew. If somehow, Ein is using something that they discovered. Maybe he could reverse it. "Leon." The man broke out of his concentration as he noticed his little sister looking at him worried. "Everything okay?" "Uhm...yeah. Nice job rallying the sailors. I'm sure even father couldn't have done something like that." He said as he ruffled her hair.

Ulla smiled warmly as she pulled out her SNAG. "I should probably get in contact with the others. Especially Keiko, I'm sure she is worried sick about me seeing how I went to a bar." She said as she sent out a message to Keiko.

Keiko
Mama everything on my end came out successful. We got some of the local sailors on our side. How is everything on your end? Do you need any help?

Once the message was sent, she looked at Leon who was still talking to the drunken sailor from before. To pass some time while they all settle and for the sailors to finish setting up, she pulled out a Pokeball as her trusted Lucario popped out. "Yes Master Ulla?" "Prepare yourself, we are going to a slavers camp. I'm sure there will be strong Shadow Pokemon there. Lycanroc will probably join us as well later." "What about the rest of your team?" "...We will bring them out if necessary. I don't want to bring them out with the chance of them being infected by the Shadow Virus. Especially Togekiss and Comfey." She said very concerned as she remembered that she was still holding onto the Soul Heart of Magearna. With the Soul Heart still bubbled up with the Shadow Virus still inside it.  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 am
"We got bogged down by Ein and his Flare puppets. Takes awhile to fight an entire region even when you have several others on your side." Sub mused in response to Perr, almost whimsically. "I'm glad to see the Kid's Grid has survived under Ein, or at least one of you have." He pointed out, it was too early to speak of 'survival' of the entire group but one of them was standing in front of him, relatively intact. "Either way, where to? We need to get in contact with the Grid right away."

It was then Zook was dragged back into the herb shop with the rest of the Snagems, Sub had no doubts he would be seeing the guy again after his teammates gave chase but it was a bit amusing to see him return in such a state. It was only when Aria mentioned S-22 did Sub piece together what Zook was muttering about. In his panic Sub grabbed Zook by the collar and Griswold the Spiritomb would rise up behind him from his trainer's shadow, cackling and stretching himself out wide as he made himself menacing, gazing down upon Zook with a Mean Look, a feeling of no escape washing over him coupled with the ghoul's Pressure bearing down on his spirit.

"What do you know of S-22? What do you know of Ein? Tell us everything you know about both and maybe I won't have my friend over there-" He said, nodding in Darts' direction. "-show you why he is worse than him. Show you a fate far worse than what that mechanical fish could give you. I'm talking a fate worse than death, befitting only of the greatest of monsters. An eternity of nothingness devoid of the death you'll crave forever." Sub said as he attempted to work with Griswold in intimidating Zook to spill what he knows.  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 pm
Espeon_Commander
Aile caught the laughter from the sailors and gave a small grin, sighing slightly before turning towards the Snagems again. Talk of splitting the group further normally would worry her, but with the group they were amassing, she figured that they might actually be okay. Now her debate was if she joined the group in Agate or decided to check in on Pyrite. Agate was more tactically sound, but she had made a meager home for herself in Pyrite, and was desperately wanting to check in with the town and see what had happened.

The woman was brought back to reality from her circling thoughts by the bar keep, taking his extended hand and shaking it. "Thanks. I appreciate it. And you lot, since it seems we're starting a bit of a revolution of sorts... If you all can spare my golem and I, I think I'll actually head over to Pyrite. If you want my heavy lifting, I'll be more than ready to supply it, but I've got to see what's happened to Pyrite for myself, otherwise."
Darksol88

"Then I'll stick with anyone that wants to go to the Forest. And with that..." Amaranth would quickly take out her SNAG, sending a message to relay their current findings to the others. And maybe take a few looks at the map the barkeep had out again.

"Hey, we were able to get some info at the bar. Found a few leads all over the place. Our best two so far look to be the Forest- I'm... guessing that's near Agate Village if I'm looking at the map right? Pyrite and the Under are the other lead; the Under sounds the least changed of any place, so it might be one of our best bets; if not our best bet. I'll work on relaying more, but how's things elsewhere in town? Has anything else been found?"
Requiem of Whyspers

Lykas watched and listened further as the sailors swore to aid them in Agate Village -the work camp, as they called it- and then left. "Well that went better than expected." He admitted, looking down at Ulla. "You're a spectacular motivator, little girl." He told Ulla, surprised that she was the only one to have spoken on snagem's behalf, it seemed, during the exchange. "I'm with Aile. If the Under is still functional, we might be able to recruit more people to help us break this region free of Ein's control there."

Pausing for a moment, though, he heaved a heavy sigh. "We might need to pay a visit to Phenac, though." He stated. Amaranth hadn't brought it up yet but someone needed to. "S-22 is apparently hanging around there. If we don't take that damnable cyborg out before we try to confront him, there's a good chance it'll come running like the musclebound shark puppy it is to slaughter us while Ein watches and laughs."

Kaya kept quiet for the moment, simply awed by Ulla's ability to articulate subjects that should be well beyond a child her age's ability to even understand. The silver-tongued girl was most certainly a better fit than him for the true successor to Master Succellus, able to pull at the heartstrings of nearly anything that so much as possessed a heart. When the others began discussing their next course of action, he recalled how long he had been in the Fairy Realm before his return. He knew very little of what all Ein had done during most of his absence. "Granted that my own Pokemon and I are likely not the strongest in this group, given the several years of not training we went, I might be a better choice to go to Pyrite than Lykas. I can assist Miss... Aile, I believe it was?" He asked the young woman, uncertain if his memory of her name was correct, especially since he couldn't recall interacting with her directly since his return.
Cecile Silverstone

Once the message was sent, she looked at Leon who was still talking to the drunken sailor from before. To pass some time while they all settle and for the sailors to finish setting up, she pulled out a Pokeball as her trusted Lucario popped out. "Yes Master Ulla?" "Prepare yourself, we are going to a slavers camp. I'm sure there will be strong Shadow Pokemon there. Lycanroc will probably join us as well later." "What about the rest of your team?" "...We will bring them out if necessary. I don't want to bring them out with the chance of them being infected by the Shadow Virus. Especially Togekiss and Comfey." She said very concerned as she remembered that she was still holding onto the Soul Heart of Magearna. With the Soul Heart still bubbled up with the Shadow Virus still inside it.

Those in the bar had attained several important things - information, a couple of potential destinations, and a whole slew of new allies. Amazing what talking can do compared to the usual 'solve everything with fists' approach that seemed to be tangentially proving to be a poor solution elsewhere. Messages from the SNAGs fly, and those sending them had the right idea. They needed to regroup with the rest of the team and let them know what they had discovered.

--

SubonicXP
"We got bogged down by Ein and his Flare puppets. Takes awhile to fight an entire region even when you have several others on your side." Sub mused in response to Perr, almost whimsically. "I'm glad to see the Kid's Grid has survived under Ein, or at least one of you have." He pointed out, it was too early to speak of 'survival' of the entire group but one of them was standing in front of him, relatively intact. "Either way, where to? We need to get in contact with the Grid right away."

It was then Zook was dragged back into the herb shop with the rest of the Snagems, Sub had no doubts he would be seeing the guy again after his teammates gave chase but it was a bit amusing to see him return in such a state. It was only when Aria mentioned S-22 did Sub piece together what Zook was muttering about. In his panic Sub grabbed Zook by the collar and Griswold the Spiritomb would rise up behind him from his trainer's shadow, cackling and stretching himself out wide as he made himself menacing, gazing down upon Zook with a Mean Look, a feeling of no escape washing over him coupled with the ghoul's Pressure bearing down on his spirit.

"What do you know of S-22? What do you know of Ein? Tell us everything you know about both and maybe I won't have my friend over there-" He said, nodding in Darts' direction. "-show you why he is worse than him. Show you a fate far worse than what that mechanical fish could give you. I'm talking a fate worse than death, befitting only of the greatest of monsters. An eternity of nothingness devoid of the death you'll crave forever." Sub said as he attempted to work with Griswold in intimidating Zook to spill what he knows.
Reno Vantas
Leslie stared down at the blubbering man for a moment, almost pitying the poor man for breaking so easily after his brave front. Not that she was projecting her own insecurities there. Nope. She was absolutely secure in her pure state of being the hardest and baddest one around. "Crazy? You mean like breaking a tied up kid's fingers crazy? Cause I wouldn't keep swing at that particular windmill." Leslie said menacingly, eyes locked onto Zook's as she balled her hands up into fists.

However, Aria had a completely different takeaway from Zook's little freak out over Leslie and Darts. After all, they had to share something in common with how his eyes darted between them after the normal guy line. Which pretty much settled it on hybrids. And given the gender he gave away, it sure as hell wasn't the easy pick. No, it had to be the scarier option. Because OF COURSE it had to be the scarier one. "So....S-22 is still active? Like....running around Orre active or standing menacingly next to a weird place active?"

And outside, still arc welding, Reno would feel his ears perk up as he heard mention of S-22. He didn't make any big motions, but he was certainly paying a great deal more attention now.
Requiem of Whyspers

Turning toward the front of the shop for a moment, he heard Zook's voice. Clearly the others had managed to capture him. "Normal guy my dreads." He remarked under his breath. No normal guy would break a kid's fingers for information.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll... eat your soul for all eternity... or something..." Darts agrees, without really listening, typing a message out on his SNAG while not paying the most attention to the interrogation as he responded to the messages coming in from the other group.

Not that even the slightest pressure was needed. Zook was the type that when he had the power he was the toughest human being on the planet. When the shoe was on the other foot, all he wanted to do was run home and cry into his pillow. And judging by the amount of condensation on his face the current crop of Snagems firmly had pushed him into the latter group. "O-o-o-o-okay." He stammers, fearfully looking over at Darts texting away for a moment before clasping his hands, bowing low before the Snagem leader. "I-I don't know much, I was just tryin' to get the reward same a-a-a-as anybody else living in this crummy region. I heard what's-his-face in the beanie talkin' about something to do about a grid and that's when I put two and two together... I dunno nothin' about any kind of S-28 or whatever, just that big shark thing that's been ravaging the place, and as for..." He swallows lightly, clearly more frightened to voice the name than anything else. "...him. I know just as much as everyone else... he's holed up in that massive complex he's built for himself. Realgam Fortress they're calling it nowadays." He looks back and forth between Sub and Wren expectantly, like a puppy waiting for praise to know it's done good and can go lie down.

Perr snorts a slight mirthless chuckle before closing one nostril with his finger and spitting a dab of blood from a crackled lip onto the floor. "Fits with just as much as anything I've heard so far. I've got more info but I'm a little hesitant to share it with muscle mcdoofus here in case he escapes somehow. Unless, of course you plan on killing him to keep it quiet..." Perr looks at Sub out of the corner of his eye, a strange look falling over the man's face as he awaits the answer.

Darts' message to the others is succinct and to-the-point. Sounds like you guys have accomplished a lot. We have a new contact that seems to be in touch with a lot more information as well. We should meet up and exchange what we know/what we plan to do next.Let's meet up in the main square outside of the Krabby Club. I haven't heard back from the third group though. Gotta assume nothing's happened or we would have heard from one of them.

Darksol88
Blizzard would be right about one assessment. Cera could do something about it and use the rope against them; she already knew that much. But she also knew how fast none of it would matter. If she used it on Blusix, Metagross would most likely do what it felt was necessary almost immediately after. Using it on Metagross wasn't a guarantee that it'd do anything other than piss it off, at which point the same result would be reached. Doing much beyond telepathy, she felt, might be a similar case. It was the only thing that wasn't inherently dangerous to do, buying whatever few seconds she could. As it was, playing into his hands was the only thing to have a chance at a positive outcome, the others' displeasure at this be damned.

She wouldn't say anything else for the moment; for now, she said all that could be said. Much as she wanted look up at Blusix, the Metagross wasn't having any of it.
Blizzard120
I stared at Blusix rather funny. Whatever Odd was doing wasn't working. I was afraid of that. This guy is all levels of messed up. But what was just as messed up was his reasoning. He was going to trade us for his brothers? The hell? I started to remember something from a while back, but I wasn't sure as to what...I knew that couldn't be right for some reason.

Freth, who was still above, narrowed her eyes. She did know. She was on the mission. Blusix abandoned that lot for Ein. It was what lead to get them to do their whole messed up experiment which eventually lead to Freth obtaining Absol. Assuming that Ein did at some point capture the rest of the bunch and doing who knows what the hell to them, why would he bother? Freth is having a hard time believing that he has anything resembling families ties, let alone a conscience, at this point.

Whatever the case, the thing I hoped that Odd was doing would pay off. When he started giving his demands and tossed out the rope, telling us what it was, I finally had my answer. In Blusix's desperation, he's given the answer to us. Problem is, I didn't have the means of doing it. I wasn't psychic. Cera was. Cera needed to take the that rope and bind his feet together. Make the metallic behemoth fall over off balance. If they were as self fastening as Blusix said it was, it should work. Problem is, Cera needed to get over her animosity over reading minds just this second and do it. I stared at Cera now...she needed to act fast and now. She was the key in all of this.
TerashiLeonGoken
"I can't believe I'm letting something like this happen," Abby growled as she bound herself with the rope Blusix provided..

"I know how you feel," Keiko whimpered, binding herself as well. "The thought of what Ein would do to someone like me shakes me to my core. But I'd never forgive myself if Cera died because of me."

"I know, but... crud! We're playing right into his hands!" Abby shouted. Despite that, however, she knew she couldn't do anything to help the situation. If salvation were to come for the four of them, it would have to come from an outside source.
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd looked down at the rope Blusix had thrown at the group's feet, then back up at the sentai-inspired trainer. "That may be easier said than done for me." He stated simply. Unless that rope was made to contain ghosts, it was likely that his body would react to it's attempt to bind him and phase through it and since acquiring his new, more stable, Artifact, it took a great deal of focus to control that innate skill for even a few seconds. Speaking of recalling, he remembered Cadenza was floating behind him and as he bent down to reach for the rope, he tapped the button on the ball to recall the Shedinja. "I'd have to agree with Cera, though." He spoke as he stood, rope in hand, one end trailing off to the floor due to it's length. "Do you really believe that we'll be enough for Ein to give you your brothers back? He's completely mad." He pointed out, as he began attempting to bind his own wrists, waiting to see if the rope would actually hold on the one wrist before wasting time attempting to bind the other with it. Also easier said than done, bind one's own wrists with said bound wrists.

The only thing breaking the silence of the heart-pounding showdown would be the occasional tone and buzz from the messages coming in from the other Snagems trying to reach them. If they knew what was good for Cera, none of them would make any sudden moves to reach their SNAG anytime soon.

As soon as Odd touched the rope, he would feel the burn of the otherworldly substance Ebonite, the same material Dark Gems are made of. Once the loops went around his wrists he would be shackled just as securely as the other people currently putting themselves in the same predicament.

"I already have you as a bargaining chip, little Mew. What's important now is increasing my pile to the maximum before attempting to cash in." Blusix responds to Cera, never taking his eyes off the Snagems in front of him. Odd's words though... they seemed to strike a chord with the blue-armored man. "W-well..." His tone of voice conveyed a lack of enthusiasm with the idea of trying to rely on Ein's sanity. "What else am I supposed to do?" He asks, his voice flat and hopeless, but wavering slightly with his emotions. "Who else do I have to turn to to try and get my brothers back? It's just me. I'm all they have left now. Tell me, what else am I supposed to do?"  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:43 pm
"Or they're busier than expected..." Amaranth typed in response, once one finally came her and the others' way. "We should hear from them once they have something to report. I agree that we should regroup and plot out our next course of action. We'll see you there."

Sending the new message, Amaranth would pocket her SNAG and start back for the main square. The others would catch up sooner or later, she figured.

---

A grunt could be heard as Cera tried not to wince and yelp in pain. The constant pressure was starting to get to her, but if Blusix was talking, Metagross wasn't stepping down yet. The shift in his tone was enough to feel that maybe a bit more time really had been bought. "You know what, fine, just hear us out on this one. Might as well give it a shot if I might die here anyway. What if instead of a bargaining chip, you used me- us- as allies? Or maybe not that, but... someone who's at least a little more reliable on their word than Ein probably is. Getting your brothers back is fine. It's understandable why you'd go to these lengths. But we might be able to get a lot more than just them back. You're far from the first person to suffer from Ein; I would know. The brand of hell he put me through involved being turned into a chimera for a time as one of many experiments, stepping stones, towards XD002. To spend years having everything that composed my being, my energy, in constant flux and be thrown out of whack at a moment's notice. To be in such an unstable state that using too much energy saw my body break down to try and make enough of it. I don't envy what you're going through. Surely by now, we all have our horror stories to tell from a campfire that's burned for too long."

"What else are you supposed to do, though? We could work with you instead of as living tickets. We came back here to take the fight to him- to Ein. To get Orre back and finally put an end to the suffering he's caused. That... we've caused too, I suppose. This doesn't have to end in us being traded in for your brothers, if Ein even allows it. You're not all they have left. They're not all you have left either. But you have all the cards here, so the choice yours and yours alone to make. If you want some sort of collateral, then... I'll swear my life on you and your brothers getting out of his clutches safely. If that doesn't happen, then your Metagross can finish what it's already poised to do."  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:45 pm
This standoff was starting to wear on my cool in this whole matter. With what opportunities provided to me nothing was working. Odd's stunt, whatever that was, and Cera not wanting to use the strap. As far as I could tell, she could have just enough time if she didn't mess around. Could she not move it? Or wasn't willing to chance it? I veered my eyes up only briefly; Freth was still on standby, waiting to move. But at this point she probably knew what I did; we couldn't get the jump on this guy. Worse, everyone's SNAG was going off. Perhaps developments elsewhere at the port. At this point, now I was praying for a miracle; hoping someone would get the idea that we were stuck out here with a sociopath by us not answering.

I broke my gaze to Freth and looked back to Blusix and the Metagross before me, continuing to listen, unmoving, waiting on this whole scenario to play out. Cera and Odd was starting to appeal to Blusix it seemed, but I'm having a hard time buying the situation and I am still not sure as to why. Whatever the case, at this point, its all I got.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 pm
Aile shrugged and followed the others out, looking at the messages. "Huh... We sure we don't want to check in on them," she mumbled out loud. "The fact that no one's answering isn't sitting easy with me. At least someone." She looked over to the lighthouse, druming her fingers on the back of her SNAG.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 pm
Atlantis_Darts

"Yeah, yeah... I'll... eat your soul for all eternity... or something..." Darts agrees, without really listening, typing a message out on his SNAG while not paying the most attention to the interrogation as he responded to the messages coming in from the other group.

Not that even the slightest pressure was needed. Zook was the type that when he had the power he was the toughest human being on the planet. When the shoe was on the other foot, all he wanted to do was run home and cry into his pillow. And judging by the amount of condensation on his face the current crop of Snagems firmly had pushed him into the latter group. "O-o-o-o-okay." He stammers, fearfully looking over at Darts texting away for a moment before clasping his hands, bowing low before the Snagem leader. "I-I don't know much, I was just tryin' to get the reward same a-a-a-as anybody else living in this crummy region. I heard what's-his-face in the beanie talkin' about something to do about a grid and that's when I put two and two together... I dunno nothin' about any kind of S-28 or whatever, just that big shark thing that's been ravaging the place, and as for..." He swallows lightly, clearly more frightened to voice the name than anything else. "...him. I know just as much as everyone else... he's holed up in that massive complex he's built for himself. Realgam Fortress they're calling it nowadays." He looks back and forth between Sub and Wren expectantly, like a puppy waiting for praise to know it's done good and can go lie down.

Perr snorts a slight mirthless chuckle before closing one nostril with his finger and spitting a dab of blood from a crackled lip onto the floor. "Fits with just as much as anything I've heard so far. I've got more info but I'm a little hesitant to share it with muscle mcdoofus here in case he escapes somehow. Unless, of course you plan on killing him to keep it quiet..." Perr looks at Sub out of the corner of his eye, a strange look falling over the man's face as he awaits the answer.

Darts' message to the others is succinct and to-the-point. Sounds like you guys have accomplished a lot. We have a new contact that seems to be in touch with a lot more information as well. We should meet up and exchange what we know/what we plan to do next.Let's meet up in the main square outside of the Krabby Club. I haven't heard back from the third group though. Gotta assume nothing's happened or we would have heard from one of them.

Sub would glare at Zook for awhile, deciding whether or not that really was all he knew. As he stared at the blubbering man he realized exactly what kind of person he was, the kind that would squeal the moment he was confronted with any kind of adversity or prospect of pain. This man was a coward. With a sigh he waved Griswold away who disappeared back into his shadow, the man then rising up to take out his SNAG as it went off, taking a moment to read Darts' message before pocketing it and turning to Perr.

"You're coming with us. We have to rendezvous with the rest of our team but afterwards we can take you where you need to be, back on the grid, as you put it. As for muscle head here, killing him won't be needed." With that said he took out another Dusk Ball and tapped the button on the front. "Meet Ulal- what in the Dark Void!?" Sub shouted as he jumped back and away from the being which materialized from the dark vortex conjured up by the Dusk Ball.

"Mimikyu!" The Disguise Pokemon shrieked in an almost happy tone upon release, immediately bending its 'head' over backwards as if to look at Sub from behind. The man would recoil in horror, unsure at this point if that really was its head or not as he was almost certain he could feel its eyes on him. "Nope! Nope! Nope!" He panicked, promptly proceeding to kick the Mimikyu away, sending it flying at Zook. The wannabe Pikachu laughed as it sailed through the air and would fall on the man's head bottom first, his face disappearing underneath the creature's disguise, much to his soon to find out horror. He didn't want to kill Zook but it looks like he was about to turn his brain to mush from extreme horror.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm
Odd spoke up again after Cera said her piece. "You know... I'm pretty sure I heard your brothers showed up at the Battle of Black City and helped us fight off Team Flare. They saw what Ein is, what he's willing to do to achieve his goals, and they fought back. They did what was right and refused to let him have his way." He informed Blusix. "You're the smartest one, right? The one who always has a plan or comes up with them on the fly? Why don't you think this through rationally." He added, trying to further appeal to the man's heart.

He winced as the rope made an otherworldly sizzle against his skin, a mild burning feeling accompanying it. "Like Cera said, we can help you win them back from Ein if you'll let us. But you have to make the call. Are you going to hold the cards and play... Or will you fold under Ein's pressure?" Crimson eyes fell upon the blue-clad man and waited. This would be the deciding moment, he thought. Blusix was succumbing to negative emotions, yes, but his rational mind was breaking through because of it, not the other way around. He needed to flip those emotions around without losing the rationale, though.

~~~

"I wouldn't kill him..." Wren started to say to Perr, releasing his Lilligant, Altissima. The Flowering Pokemon appeared from her Nest Ball, giving the room a glance before a small 'harumph' sound was released to signal her displeasure with the dark and dusty building. "I know, I know. I don't like it in here. Well, use Sleep Powder on him and I'll put you back in your ball until we're somewhere nicer." Wren told Altissima, pointing to Zook.

The Lilligant looked down at the blubbering man-pup and with an equally disdainful harumphing sound, she released a puff of narcotic pollen directly into his face. "If we really wanted him dead, we could sic Odd on him, I would think." Wren said afterward, just to give Zook a few fear-fueled thoughts to bring him sweet nightmares. He was only half-kidding, however, knowing what kinds of things Odd could do from conversations with the other Channeler.Thankfing Altissima, he recalled her to her ball, picking up his SNAG at this point and looking to see the messages that were available. He had to agree with all this. Everyone needed to meet back up and share information before they made plans to continue on toward anything at all.

"Whatever we're doing with him, we should do it quickly and reconvene with the others." He finally voiced aloud.

~~~

Lykas had had enough of all this standing around after the fun that had recently been had at the Krabby Club and started to walk out the door when his SNAG went off. "Looks like there's more information to share than we thought. It looks like Darts' group found something as well." He announced to the others gathered around him. "But nobody that went to the lighthouse seems to have gotten back to anyone yet..."

"Should someone go check on them?" Kaya asked, starting to worry about the others.

"I'm not sure... I want to but if they got into some kind of trouble, I'm not sure if other showing up unexpectedly would put them in more danger or less..." Lykas replied, sharing in Kaya's concern now. "Let's go meet the others in the square and see what they think before we go jumping the gun." He finally decided, leading Kaya out of the bar and toward the port town's city square.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff