Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Secret Touching] Have you spotted it yet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Xanael

Good, that was a good response at least, so he didn't entirely feel like he was doing something wrong by being worried about his Master's orders. "Thanks buddy." He ran a thumb gently across it's shell, not taking his hand off for a second as he pondered. "Some orders and rules are meant to be followed, other's are more guidelines. Or expectations that aren't exactly rules. I'll follow a direct order, but when it comes to someone placing expectations on me that don't fit who I am, I'll make my own way." Xanael always had after all, supposed to go into mining, instead broke free and became a beasthealer, then followed a direct order to bring his brothers to the Weyr.

Some things he followed, others... well he did his very best.

With that he left the egg and made his way over to one that looked entirely different. Midnight black against the sands. Well then, he'd heard others ask questions of eggs, had asked a small one himself, but not the big ones they were. Instead his training and all the things he'd heard about new babies came to his mind near the egg that seemed to watch his every move, something that he could appreciate as an older brother.

Placing his hand down on the Charcoal Egg, Xan simply said. "Welcome to Pern, lots of people are excited to meet you." It was something he'd said to a younger brother when he was little, the eggs were just babies after all. Didn't they want to be welcomed to the world?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 pm
The Night Sky Egg seemed to want him to stay and praise it some more. He smiled. He’d had some experience with that kind of vanity. “I think you’ll be loved by everyone,” he offered. “You’ll hatch and everyone will admire you!” He gently stroked the egg once more before heading to the Purple & White Swirl Egg

“It’s nice to meet you,” he said, by way of greeting. “I’m Mari.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Candidate Omurntas
Aawww but Purple and White Swirl Egg was adorable. Omurntas was doing what he could for the eggs. He spent a moment praising it, that it was doing a good job. No one should be lonely today. Eventually he had to move on though. With a final pat, he parted from it.

A sense of challenge from the rear of the clutch caught his attention. Omurntas approached Brown Paw Print Egg and rested his hand against the brown shell. Who do you feel the need to challenge little one? Has anyone met your standards yet? Omurn asked calmly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Allamor - Western - he /him
Allamor was completely unperturbed by the Charcoal Egg’s small response. “You seem the patient sort.” He said cheerfully. “Watch this lot and maybe you will find yours! Goodbye now.”

He shifted to touch the Blue Cloud Egg. “Everything going well for you?”

Nuamia - Western - she/her
Nuamia obligingly rubbed circles in the Teal and Yellow Spiral Egg. “I can’t stay long. But there are many more that will come touch you.” She told the egg.

The next egg she met with equal cheer. After touching the Daisy Egg she smiled and considered the patterning on the egg. “You are going to make someone so happy!”

Aroontwa - Western - he/him
Oh dear! Was the Gay Flag Egg having difficulties already? Aroontwa started to get anxious and then took a deep breath to calm. It only worked some. “If it is too much for you (we are a lot of people to meet all at once)…” he offered, “I have seen other mothers remove eggs for a while. You could ask for a break.” He didn’t really want to leave the egg if it needed help, but also didn’t want to cause trouble. “You just let your mother know if that will help.” Reluctantly he moved on. It was important to give each egg their due and allow each candidate their chance to meet each egg. But he still felt that maybe he could do more

He stopped at the Funfetti Egg and took a moment to try and focus. It was something he had been practicing. He examined the colors and the patterning for a little bit before he felt that he was fully focused on the new egg. Each egg needs his attention solely on it. Placing his hand on the egg, he smiled. “Hello!”

Leiheti - High Reaches - she/her
Leiheti laughed heartily. An egg that knew what it was and what it needed. She approved. “You will be a wonderful dragon. I look forward to meeting you in the flesh.” She told the Bone Egg. If only all eggs were that sure of themselves.

She moved to the Ace Flag Egg, curious about this one as well. It was a day of curiosity and discovery. For the eggs more than the candidates. Touching the smaller egg, she smiled. “You meet anyone interesting yet?”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 pm
Aryale - She/Her

Aryale bumped her shoulder back against Bukichi's with a smile when he found himself at the same egg as she was. He seemed to be holding up well now that the first hurdle had been jumped and for that she was pleased.

That feeling would struggle against the ones that she could feel from the little dragon inside the egg they were touching. They were fierce and ready and that feeling. This little baby was mad....on her behalf? Her hand shook ever so slightly, torn between holding firm and pulling away in case she had upset the little one with such a thing hidden away.

It brought me good people, she informed Black and Blue Rosette, hoping to placate that ire just a bit.

----

Papys - He/Him

Aha! Well, it was alright the little egg was done with him. Papys hummed thoughtfully as he moved on to meet...hmmmmmm. How about this one? Papys set his hand on Nanner Egg. Hello! Meeting anybody fun? Anybody you like? I'm sure you're seeing so much peeking thru their heads. What does the world look like to you right now? Anything? He'd force himself to stop before too many questions, but at least he was trying to get a dialogue going. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Candidate Jaiyce Western: He/Him pls.

Jaiyce smiled at the tenacity of the Blue and Purple Paint Egg and for a moment felt that he’d done himself, and Vosin, and Killa, and the Weyr proud by this small act of welcome when he felt the eggs appeasement. Then as it realized it was being touched and ordered him to stop breathing its air, Jaiyce did several things in succession, he quickly stepped back hands basically flying off the egg as he gulped in startled gasp. The sand behind his left leg gave oddly and sank, as though he’d stepped backwards down a small slope. For a moment he fought for balance and dropped his knee to the sands. Meanwhile behind him, his booted foot continued the slide and came up against something that gave slightly. Praying it was sand and not an egg Jaiyce froze and oh so slowly turned his head to see he’d bumped up against the Mint Chocolate Chip Egg with his foot. Absolutely, abjectly horrified he completely froze. Holding his breath, not moving nor blinking, not even thinking as he simply………..waited.  

Milady Emerald

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 pm
Nikal - 19, he/him

He tries not to jerk his hand off immediately, but it was a hard impulse to stifle at such an unexpected appraisal. Hand in the air just inches from the egg’s surface, he stared at Bone Egg, struggling to decide on how to feel. Comforted by a baby? Concerned that it saw right through him? Annoyed that a stranger wanted to believe in him in mere seconds of meeting? Touchings were those rare times that a person could get looked at through a sharp lens, something he thought was funny given that the eggs were supposed to be the center of attention. It was like a pre-screening. How much of an idiot were you, and to what capacity? What would you give in exchange for a moment?

He didn’t know what he had given, but this moment was finished. His fingers curled, and he stepped away. Now wasn’t exactly the time to stop and think. Nikal jostled a little against other candidates before he made it, in a light daze, to Blue Cloud.

They could sense thoughts even before being touched, right? He heard it mumbling (or whatever thoughts did) and did the mental equivalent of a knock on the door before pressing a hand to its shell. Hello, he announced, at a loss for what else to say after that oddly astute interaction from before. Uh. Lot of things to think about today, I guess?

- - -
Karunia - 20, she/her

“Well, you’ll be out soon,” Karunia told Blue and Purple Paint sweetly. Hopefully. She didn’t envy it for having to sit—sorry, rest. But that was definitely not on her itinerary, so she saluted it, said, “‘Til then,” and merrily moved along.

Straightening her gold and white headscarf (oof, she could feel the sweat piling beneath it), she went to Blue & Black Rosette, curious about the baby’s vigilance. There was an intensity about it that drew her in. Exuding her own bright energy, she placed a hand on its shell. Captain Karunia at your service, good egg! she said formally. Sure, she technically didn’t have a ship, but she was building a crew! Slowly! Pleased to meet the next batch of fighters!

- - -
Stormy - 19, she/her

She nodded, sympathizing with Sunset. What else could an egg do but cultivate thoughts until hatching day came? Maybe like Shining Star, it might collect things from the candidates that came by. If you want, I was working on something, she offered shyly. Well, insofar as an idea can be worked on before putting it into practice.

If the egg wasn’t against it, she sent it the latest idea for a sewing pattern she had been trying to work on for the past month. It wasn’t incredibly intricate—it was just mimicking the band-like pattern on Teth—but for some reason it didn’t translate well and stay even when she tried it. Stormy was hoping to make cloth bracelets in time for the Hatching. I like using dragon hides for muses, she explained. And your dad’s been nice to me. I guess I’m just not focusing hard enough, but...I have more designs, if you like that. Later, I mean. There was only so much time a candidate could get per egg.

- - -
Dhawsn - 29, he/him

Dhawsn barked a laugh despite himself, though he quickly apologized to Nanner in case it got offended. But he was more than used to hearing disgusted noises and seeing eyerolls at his jokes, and there was something extra funny about an egg enacting something close. “Sawry, sawry, you have a good one,” he said, though as he left he was already rifling for the next good joke to use.

He touched Serfie’s shoulder as he swung by. “Doin’ alright, hun? You got this,” Dhawsn told her, smiling. “We can talk about ‘em afterwards if ya want.” Gushing about babies was half the fun!

Let’s see, who...Aha! He strode over to Purple and White Swirl and gave it a pat. “‘Sup, lil’ bean?” he said warmly. “How ya doin’? Hope yer in the mood fer jokes, I got too many. What's the longest word in our language? Smiles, because it has a mile between each 's'!”

Beat.

“Uh, a mile’s, like, real long,” he added quickly, trying to picture it for the egg. “So a big smile! Like what I’m wearin’ seein’ y’all.”

Revel1984

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm
Vosin/Gold Killakeeth

Killakeeth tilted her head slightly as she checked a couple of the eggs. She huffed reassuringly towards several; she’d keep an eye on them and act if they required it. A sudden movement where there should have been none, sent the large gold’s head whipping toward the motion. Her lip just slightly curled up.

The gold rose to her feet and stretched her neck over Flying Heart Egg, Charocoal Egg, Funfetti Egg, and Blue and Purple Paint Egg, and candidates as she stared down at Jaiyce and Mint Chocolate Chip Egg, hints of orange lacing her green eyes. Gently she touched her muzzle to the green egg to ensure no harm had befallen it.

It all happened in a split second. Someone stumbled, and the gold moved. Vosin moved with her and placed a hand against Killakeeth’s foreleg. She frowned seeing Jaiyce at the center of the commotion. Easy, easy, she murmured softly.

Milady Emerald
Jaiyce

Teiha
For Mint Chocolate Chip!

magnadearel

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:08 am
Vesden || High Reaches || He/Him

You're the sweetest thing... I hope you find someone perfect when you hatch, little one. You're going to make each other feel so loved.

Vesden felt a little overwhelmed by this whole situation suddenly, and honestly he was ready for it to be over so he could take a good long while to process everything. He felt silly at what he'd just thought (mentally said?) for the first time since he'd initially decided to try thinking at the eggs, but he quashed both feelings immediately, this was about them, not him.

Was this a taste of what impression would be like? Just a momentary touch from these eggs had him emotional, and he wasn't prone to becoming emotional anymore since the return of threadfall. He was also completely losing his filter here it seemed like, it wasn't like speaking aloud. It stood to reason that impression would be infinitely more than this, and while it would really be an emotional adjustment he wanted it more than ever now.

Not about what he needed though. This was about the eggs. Moving on.

The bone egg was next. He took his time approaching it, freezing for just a moment when the golden queen swung her head around. She seemed irritated with a candidate, and Vesden found himself dreading that something had gone wrong, but... it seemed alright? The egg she was looking at seemed fine, and surely she wouldn't hurt a candidate.

He held there a moment, glaring a bit and biting his tongue as he gathered his thoughts to better set them aside for later. He didn't want to upset the dragons with his (probably unreasonable) annoyance with whoever that was who'd messed up badly enough to upset the queen. Shells he was feeling too damned much today. Once he was calm, he laid his hands against the shell of the bone egg gently, surprised by how different this one felt from the others he'd met so far.

Hello. I don't think you're as soft as some of your siblings, I haven't felt anything like you yet. You're a strong one, I can tell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 am
Astriana (Western/Her)

Astriana felt the soft brush against her hand, before the being within seemed to retreat more into its shell. Her eyes showed a softness to them as she was reminded more of Liora. She gently stroked the egg, sending just a little encouragement to her, much softer this time. She had realized she might have put too much into it the first time.

I wish you the best, little one, take what time you need. I am sure your rider will protect you and make you feel comfortable,she thought in a very soft way. She was sure of it, this one would have a special rider and one the little one would need. She gave it a very gentle good bye, before one last tender stroke. Then she picked up her hand, she would be watching for this baby come the hatching. Her eyes took in the other eggs, when one nearby caught her attention. She walked over to the bright green Bone Egg and placed her hand on its shell. She admired its sharpness, it reminded her some of her own.

I see you are a strong one, just by the feeling I am getting from you. It is nice to meet you,she spoke. She had some seen taken off guard by this egg, so she prepared herself. She knew all too well what it was like to not want to take any crap from others. If this one found her lacking, then so be it, she wasn't going to let it get to her.

((Demanthra and Monath are around too, if anyone wants to interact with them. A couple of candidates from HR could have come with them, just quote me so I know, either way))  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 am
Quote:
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Well… the ones he had seen adragonback had seemed quite lovely to him. He imagined large waves, the gentle sway of an ocean- although, in his mind, it looked more like a lake, and then he tried to put palm trees in the mental picture. Sorry… He mused sheepishly, shaking his head. His image probably looked quite silly. Truth be told, I’m a long way from home. I haven’t seen a proper western beach before. But who knows what the future holds, right? Maybe, just maybe… Western Weyr might become his new home? There was a sudden, fleeting tickle of excitement, and he smiled, daydreaming of dragonwings soaring over a sea he didn’t know. His cheeks turned slightly pink, as though the boy was embarrassed by his own silliness.

I hope everything goes well for you. I can’t stay… but I wish that I could. Good luck! Ruunan patted the egg with a fond smile, glad it had been so cheerful and welcoming. He felt a little more at ease now. Whoever bonded to this dragon would be very lucky indeed!

His feet took him across the sands, and he stopped before Ace Flag Egg. Hello, he tried a gentle, sunny approach, as had worked with its sibling, it’s good to meet you.

-----

Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Keleres couldn’t suppress a chuckle as the egg seemed to roil with excitement at her touch! The feeling was contagious: her face lit up, her smile becoming a small grin. “Well, you’re definitely the friendliest one I’ve Touched so far- also the first. I’ll have to visit your friends next.” She gave the Teal and Yellow Egg a few scritches on the top of its shell, careful not to use nails. It seemed to favour the top of its shell for some reason- but she didn’t want to pry. Everybody had their favourite spot. “Oh- I used to be a masseuse before I was a candidate… I wonder if dragons appreciate massages too?” The thought made her laugh, though she tried not to venture too much down that path. There were… things that should not be thought of in the presence of such young minds.

“I’d stay, but I’m afraid of getting in trouble if I linger too long. I’ll come and do a second pass later. Stay safe and warm, and hope to see you soon!” Keleres patted it one final time, then withdrew her hand. The joy ebbed away, and she longed to run her fingers down those spirals again… ah, but no. It was best to follow the rules.

She wondered which ones were friends of the Teal and Yellow Spiral Egg, and decided that the Eggshell Egg must be nearby for a reason, right? “Hello. How are you finding the Touching so far?” Her approach was a pleasant open-mindedness, cheer in her voice.

-----

Quote:
Tostokki [WW] - 18 - he/him/his - Bodyguard

That sensation of being watched was familiar- but not like this. Tosk tensed, eyes darting around, searching shadows for unknown folks. Everything here was unfamiliar- nothing like the houses of Rivercrest, the crews on jobs or even his family… The prickling in his neck was of self-preservation, searching, seeking, needing to know who was about and how to stay safe.

It was the egg.

The egg was doing this.

He lifted a brow as he contemplated the deep, charcoal shell- but this time it was not in amusement. How was it possible to create such a sensation so wholly in his mind? Was this the power of dragons? But this dragon hadn’t even bonded! It hadn’t even hatched, shards and shells.

He waited, willing the tension to leave his body despite his natural predisposition to not trust… there, in the back of his mind: he could identify it, now that he knew what to look for. There was a sense of gratefulness, of gratitude- just a flicker… barely a hint, like a small candle wavering in the darkness. Tosk tilted his head. This was… unusual, to say the least. What did it mean?

“Right.” He murmured, after a long, drawn-out moment. He wasn’t one for words normally; but around him, people were speaking to the eggs. Was that an essential part of this process? “Good luck.” He felt a bit stupid doing that, but oh well. At least it was polite, and he wasn’t going to annoy anybody in charge.

He moved on, composed and austere as he surveyed the grounds. That unsettling notion of being watched lingered- probably because they were all being watched. Still, something about that egg… no, best not to think too much about this. It was a learning process. He smiled internally- that sounded like something Toskarra would say.

It was hard to decide which one to touch next. He stowed away his doubts about Touchings and dragons and forced himself back into a state of neutrality. Carefully, the tall giant picked his way across the sands, surprisingly nimble unlike some of the other candidates present, and stood before the Brown Paw Print Egg. Its shell was an earthy brown, but that was definitely a paw-print shape on one side. How curious. He laid his hand on its shell, not quite sure what to expect.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:41 am
Rio - He/Him

Scritch scritch scritch.

Scritch.

Scritch scritch.

Basking in all the joy and pleasure the egg's inhabitant sent his way, Rio would have been happy to stay right there all day, just scritching and tickling away, delighted that he could make it so happy. He stayed as long as he could without incurring a reprimand or shooing-off, parting from the Teal and Yellow Spiral Egg with regret and apology. I have to go now, but I can scritch you again after you hatch, if you like. And if it liked how scritches felt on its shell, well, just wait until it felt them right on its own hide!

Still feeling rather bad that he had to leave it and stop, he nonetheless moved on to its siblings. A touch here, a polite and friendly greeting there, always warm and happy to make a new acquaintance, but gentle and unobtrusive about it. Some were clearly more comfortable than others about all this business, and he couldn't blame the ones who weren't. Any sharp or negative responses were quietly accepted and moved on from. In due time, he made his way around to the Night Sky Egg and laid a hand upon it to offer a warm greeting. You're looking quite popular over here. Enjoying yourself?  

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 am
Danzik

Killakeeth is checking on it, Eosphoth didn't sound tense in the least which was nice when Danzik's frown only became more pronounced over the sight of the stumbling candidate. Having a Queen checking in was to be expected. That they were allowed close was a tolerated kindness at best, after all.

But that the candidate couldn't keep their cool in such a low pressure atmosphere had the Candidatemaster Second thinking - but it would be for later.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 am
Jacquol—Western—She/Her
Awww, that was the whole point, Blue-and-Purple! How would it get to know who it wanted if it didn't get to know people, and what they liked and thought about? She gave the egg another fond, almost teasing pat before moving on, flitting from shell to shell as she'd been bid, never staying too long (but always just as happy to go as she'd been to arrive; there was so much to see, after all!) and always eager.

The Mint egg caught her eye... but it was a bit on the larger side. She knew that the size of the egg didn't indicate the color it held, but still. Old assumptions were hard to ignore. Instead she took a moment to slide a glance over the clutch as a whole, admiring the lot and seeing if any others looked too interesting. Hmm... well, sure, why not? She ducked around the crowds, moving towards Bone Egg and giving it a gentle pat. "Crowded, isn't it? At least you lot can just sit still and let us come to you, no worries about stepping on someone's toes or anything. Seen anyone you like yet?" She imagined it had, of course. There were a swell bunch of hopeful candidates here today, herself included! "How about me, hmm?" she teased, tracing the pattern on the shell with almost skipping fingers. "You can tell me, I promise I won't spread it around~!"

Meztli—Western—They/Them/He/Him
Alright, now clearly this was the clutch for them! So many great, amazing eggs! Not that the last batch hadn't been, but WOW! Oh, they could just eat these eggs right up, they were so fabulous! Grinning ear to ear, Meztli gave the Night Sky egg a quick two-handed pat—as close to a hug in return as they'd dare—before turning to saunter off to find another to touch.

Nanner Egg might have been small and calm-feeling, buuut Meztli wasn't. Still riding the high of their previous encounters, they came right up, keen as you please, and slid a hand over the odd fruit-eque marking on it. "Hey there~! You seem pretty relaxed. I'm surprised! A pretty big day for you too, huh?" They gently drummed their fingers across the surface, unable to help looking around at the other eggs as well. "There's just so many of you all... but I have to say, you're all quite the sight! What do you think, hmm?"  

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas