Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:25 pm
SubonicXP
Ms. Picante would slowly look up from her work as she heard of the voice of a young person address her by name. Initially her expression seemed stern with no time for silliness but quickly it turned into a smile, the earlier expression likely just one of intense concentration. The smile was born when she locked eyes with the young hybrid, the human woman seemingly happy to see this new lad which was perhaps confusing to Tristen considering how Matteo made this woman out to be. "Well hello, young chico! What can ole Ms. Picante do for you?" She asked, smiling warmly.

This was the mean woman Matteo fretted over crossing paths with? Such so that he rather commit a heist than drawing attention from her? Something smelled like hot day old Krabby cakes around here. Her Fidough were awoken by the talking and immediately surrounded Tristen, sniffing him excessively, their noses poking him all over. The Tandemaus however paid him no mind, too busy with their task.

Tristen was approached by the sweet, endearing baker and just within the first few seconds, he wasn’t really sure what Matteo’s problem with the baker. “Ms. Picante, I just came from Mr. Sanguaro’s class real quick because he has all of us doing an assignment involving Combee honey. I got to settle on…Pup Buns?” Tristen asked. “But when that happened, someone in the class said that for ‘real’ pup buns to be made, one needed Fidough yeast…whatever that is.” He said. “Is that really true? And if so, is there any way that I could get some? I was told that you had some. Mr. Sanguaro didn’t have any in the classroom.” He then perked up, looking down towards his feet, seeing the Pokémon starting to surround him. “Are these Fidough?” So far, technically, he didn’t lie to any extent. Seeing the Fidough did come to a bit of a surprise…these guys looked pretty neat. But…where…did the yeast come from? More questions that almost derailed the whole thought train as to why he was here.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:17 pm
Blizzard120

Ms. Picante's smile grew even wider as she listened to Tristen, thrilled that he came to her for a baking question. "You came to the right place, querido! While I may be a little more laid back on my recipes, I don't stick to strike tradition, there are indeed many who say Pup Buns must be made with Fidough yeast. The strain of yeast that my little pups produce is unique to their species and cannot be found anywhere else in the world nor can it be cultured in a lab! Isn't that fascinating?" The woman beamed.

"Most say, and I agree to an extent, their yeast gives the buns their unique flavor and no other kind will do. So to answer your question I suppose I have to say for the majority, yes, Fidough yeast is needed." She nodded to herself. "Now then, since you were such a sweet little pup yourself I would be more than glad to give you some yeast! Or rather a dough starter, you see yeast are microorganisms and...oh dear, sorry, I'm talking your ear off, Mr. Sanguaro will be upset if you stay gone for too long. Wait right here." She instructed Tristen, turning to walk off to fetch something from the back. "Oh yes, those are my dear Fidough! They seem to like you." She said, stopping at the door before disappearing behind it.

While she was gone the Fidough began to jump on Tristen, though their height, or lack there of, prevent them from actually jumping on him but it was cute watching them try. They would jump, lick his hands, playfully bark, just have a good old time as they tried to get Tristen's attention. As they moved around he could pick up the scent of fresh dough and it was coming from their mouths.

"I'm back!" Ms. Picante declared, walking in with a jar of some kind of sludge she approached Tristen and her dogs, squatting down in front of them. "Atención!" She commanded the canines who immediately stopped their chaotic playing and sat down, eyes locked on her's. "Ladrar!" She said as she held the open jar in front of them. The dogs would them proceed to bark at the jar, or rather yap, the sound echoing throughout the cafeteria. She would let them bark for several seconds before putting a hand up, causing them to stop. Standing back up she would stir the spoon around that was in the jar for a bit, take it out and clean it off on her apron before putting it in the pocket, and then proceeded to screw a lid on the jar and hold it out for Tristen.

"There you go, chico! One Fidough dough starter! I hope Mr. Sanguaro gives you a good grade for going through all this trouble!" She said to the boy. "And don't worry, Fidough yeast makes dough rise fast so you have plenty of time to finish your buns."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:58 am
As Ms. Picante went off to get the dough starter, he knelt down and started to pet the hounds gathering at his feet, basically giving the doughy hounds all the attention they craved in the very short span that he could. Head rubs, scratches behind the bun-like ears, and so on. Unfortunately, there was only one of him and too many of them. “Yea, I try not to be any stranger to Pokémon, and try to treat them with a lot of respect. They depend on you as we depend on them.” He said, practically reciting what was taught to him well before this class, not really imagining that he’d actually end up doing that. But it was no less true. It was what helped him become a rather competent Pokémon trainer, despite his lack of desire to actually go in competition. Though as Tristen tried to keep up with the three as the Fidough craved his attention, he started to notice the scent of dough coming from the each of them. And to Tristen, it came off rather strong. Canine smelling doing its thing once again. Though it wasn’t anything to really wretch over. It actually just made the prospect of making these pup buns all the more enticing.

When Ms. Picante came back, she would call the Fidough, bringing their attention to her. He would looked over and stared in a bit of confusion. Whatever they did, apparently it was more than enough to get the starter set up for Tristen. He would take the jar gratefully. “Thank you, Ms. Picante. Is there anything that you’d like me to do by chance, perhaps later? I mean, I don’t want to take this off your hands just like that for free…” He said, still trying to respect Ms. Picante’s boundaries, rather be of morals or other things. He didn’t want to come off as some sort of leech, especially since they just met, nor did he want to come off in any means ungrateful at all. She was after all handing him this stuff in a pinch, in an impromptu means from keeping Matteo from screwing everything up in the short or long term for him. If Matteo did try to sneak in while he had the baker distracted, he would have sooner sold him out just to put him on better graces with the staff here at the academy and for his lack luster first impression of him. Honestly, who would try to steal these innocent little guys?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:27 am
Blizzard120

"Oh that's awful sweet of you." Ms. Picante replied. "Tell you what, chico, come back after class for the day and you can help with cleaning up the cafeteria. How about that? You'll even get a few LP for your troubles!" The nice lady offered Tristen, taking up the boy's offer to repay her for the dough starter.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:35 am
"Okay, that's fair. Thank you." he said. "When classes are over today, I'll be straight here. Thank you again." He'd take the starter and start to make his way back out of the cafeteria to meet back with Matteo. In some sense, he was looking forward to these pup buns they were about to make.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:51 am
Blizzard120
"Okay, that's fair. Thank you." he said. "When classes are over today, I'll be straight here. Thank you again." He'd take the starter and start to make his way back out of the cafeteria to meet back with Matteo. In some sense, he was looking forward to these pup buns they were about to make.

As Tristen approached the door to the stairwell he would get a glimpse of Matteo peek out from behind it, the young hybrid quickly withdrawing behind the door after spotting Tristen's approach. Once Tristen made it to the door and crossed through he would find Matteo leaning up on a while, acting all nonchalant, as if he hadn't been watching him from behind the door. Way to play it cool, kid.

"So, how did it go? She yell at ya?" Matteo asked with a smirk. Oh this was going to devastate the cocky kid.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:59 am
SubonicXP
As Tristen approached the door to the stairwell he would get a glimpse of Matteo peek out from behind it, the young hybrid quickly withdrawing behind the door after spotting Tristen's approach. Once Tristen made it to the door and crossed through he would find Matteo leaning up on a while, acting all nonchalant, as if he hadn't been watching him from behind the door. Way to play it cool, kid.

"So, how did it go? She yell at ya?" Matteo asked with a smirk. Oh this was going to devastate the cocky kid.

He recognized the look on Matteo, as if he was primed to make fun of Tristen for his ignorance. Unfortunately, Matteo was the one about to be put in his place. "Actually, she was really nice." he said, showing the starter to Matteo. "I got the stuff we need for the buns. I'm going to need to come back here later today, but it'd be worth it to do the buns right." Tristen told Matteo. "We better go though back to class before Mr. Sanguaro wonders why we're taking too long..."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:56 am
Blizzard120

He recognized the look on Matteo, as if he was primed to make fun of Tristen for his ignorance. Unfortunately, Matteo was the one about to be put in his place. "Actually, she was really nice." he said, showing the starter to Matteo. "I got the stuff we need for the buns. I'm going to need to come back here later today, but it'd be worth it to do the buns right." Tristen told Matteo. "We better go though back to class before Mr. Sanguaro wonders why we're taking too long..."

Matteo's jaw almost dropped as he listened to Tristen, taken aback by what he was hearing, that 'mean Ms. Picante' was actually 'nice'. How was this possible? Every encounter he had with the woman ended with yelling and threats. None of this made sense! Surely he was lying and yet he did have the dough starter they needed so calling him a liar wasn't exactly feasible. Frustrated that things didn't end like he was certain they would he turned around and began to walk up the steps.

"Fine. Let's go." He huffed as he ascended the steps, choosing not to say a word to Tristen on the way back to class. Somebody was fuming and it was obvious.

The pair would make it back to Mr. Sanguaro's class without issue, Matteo entering first as he kind of sped walked, as if not wanting to be near Tristen but also stuck to his own earlier warning of not running in the halls. What that was about was still not clear. The teacher however would greet them both with a nod and a wave, however busy aiding other students with their recipes. Matteo would go back to their station and sit down silently, staring at the cookbook, still open at the recipe for Pup Buns and once Tristen sat he would just stare at the boy for awhile before speaking.

"...we'll need water, flour, salt, sugar, and one egg." He forced himself to say, this boy was still not pleased with this entire situation.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:11 pm
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

Matteo's jaw almost dropped as he listened to Tristen, taken aback by what he was hearing, that 'mean Ms. Picante' was actually 'nice'. How was this possible? Every encounter he had with the woman ended with yelling and threats. None of this made sense! Surely he was lying and yet he did have the dough starter they needed so calling him a liar wasn't exactly feasible. Frustrated that things didn't end like he was certain they would he turned around and began to walk up the steps.

"Fine. Let's go." He huffed as he ascended the steps, choosing not to say a word to Tristen on the way back to class. Somebody was fuming and it was obvious.

The pair would make it back to Mr. Sanguaro's class without issue, Matteo entering first as he kind of sped walked, as if not wanting to be near Tristen but also stuck to his own earlier warning of not running in the halls. What that was about was still not clear. The teacher however would greet them both with a nod and a wave, however busy aiding other students with their recipes. Matteo would go back to their station and sit down silently, staring at the cookbook, still open at the recipe for Pup Buns and once Tristen sat he would just stare at the boy for awhile before speaking.

"...we'll need water, flour, salt, sugar, and one egg." He forced himself to say, this boy was still not pleased with this entire situation.

It was silent between the two of them during the trip back to class. Tristen could tell that he was upset and he wasn't sure as to why. Tristen wanted to know what his history was between him and Ms. Picante, but then realized something taught to him by Freth. Sometimes, its perhaps best not to delve. That was an issue that he needed to deal with; perhaps Matteo screwed up in some fashion that got Ms. Picante forever scorned. It didn't matter...it was none of his business.

Once back in class, Tristen would set aside the starter for the moment, then went on to grab the various things that they would need. Whatever pots, bowls, and dishes they may need to start preparing the pup buns. While Ms. Picante said they would have plenty of time to still make them, Tristen still felt they had to make every second count. Though Matteo didn't seem as anxious as he was. He would perk up, hearing Matteo state what other food items they needed for the buns. As he laid the utensils and other items out, he went to start getting the various things Matteo listed. Tristen would grab one of the measuring cups for the water, going for that first. "How much of the flour, salt, and sugar?" he asked, trying to make sure that everything was just right, starting to pull out the flour, salt, and sugar after he was done with the water.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:03 pm
Blizzard120

Once back in class, Tristen would set aside the starter for the moment, then went on to grab the various things that they would need. Whatever pots, bowls, and dishes they may need to start preparing the pup buns. While Ms. Picante said they would have plenty of time to still make them, Tristen still felt they had to make every second count. Though Matteo didn't seem as anxious as he was. He would perk up, hearing Matteo state what other food items they needed for the buns. As he laid the utensils and other items out, he went to start getting the various things Matteo listed. Tristen would grab one of the measuring cups for the water, going for that first. "How much of the flour, salt, and sugar?" he asked, trying to make sure that everything was just right, starting to pull out the flour, salt, and sugar after he was done with the water.

"Two cups, one teaspoon, and three tablespoons." Matteo stated plainly, never looking Tristen in the face as he listened off the measurements. The boys would go about following the recipe, washing their hands prior, adding the ingredients in a big bowl as they went along and forming a kind of lumpy dough. The next part was going to be the most tedious part, the kneading. "It says we have to knead it for five minutes. Here." Matteo would throw some flour down on their work surface as the recipe instructed, which was cleaned prior, and would slap the lumpy dough down before cutting it in half and putting a half in front of himself and a half in front of Tristen.

"You knead yours and I'll do mine." Matteo explained, the boy becoming reasonable again. It was strange how his mood swung so much, going from moody and resentful towards Tristen to, at best, neutral but mostly cooperative. Such a strange boy but maybe he wasn't a complete lost cause. "...you do know how to knead dough, right?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:22 pm
SubonicXP
"You knead yours and I'll do mine." Matteo explained, the boy becoming reasonable again. It was strange how his mood swung so much, going from moody and resentful towards Tristen to, at best, neutral but mostly cooperative. Such a strange boy but maybe he wasn't a complete lost cause. "...you do know how to knead dough, right?"

Knead dough? He actually did...though it was only something he did once or twice, and it has been a while since then. Maybe he could actually remember it. "Yea, I do." he said, as he went to wash his hands as well and taking the extra initiative for gloves. He then went over to his half of his dough and started to have at it, slapping his dough down and quickly ran through the steps that he could remember in his head. Fold the closest edge of the dough to the upper edge, press down with body weight with the bottom of the palm of his hands, then turn the dough. Repeat. Make sure it doesn't stick on the surface with a little flour. As he went along, he started to remember that this part did feel like it took an eternity, but the thing in question did seem to taste better with the effort. Though for five minutes? That he could remember, the kneading was for consistency in the item in question and it was perhaps nigh-impossible to over do it if one did it by hand as opposed to a mixer. It was probably in that reason why that was shown, now that he thought about it.

Tristen would continue on trying to knead away at the dough, wondering about the sudden mood shift out of Matteo again. He wasn't being passive anymore...maybe he realized that getting mad at him for any reason wasn't getting anywhere? Tristen hoped as such because he didn't really want to cause any trouble here to anyone. He was wanting this whole school tenure to be the best as possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:59 pm
Blizzard120

Tristen would continue on trying to knead away at the dough, wondering about the sudden mood shift out of Matteo again. He wasn't being passive anymore...maybe he realized that getting mad at him for any reason wasn't getting anywhere? Tristen hoped as such because he didn't really want to cause any trouble here to anyone. He was wanting this whole school tenure to be the best as possible.

In time, with enough work, the dough the boys were kneading would become smooth and stretchy, the gluten in the dough well developed thanks to their efforts. Matteo would notify Tristen of the next step which involved putting the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it sit in a warm spot to rise and double in size. Normally this could take as much as an hour but Matteo had the perfect spot with plenty of warmth to make the dough rise quickly without actually cooking it, his own body.

Now hugging the towel cover bowl Matteo sat in silence for awhile, looking around the room, feeling kind of sitting hugging a bowl. He watched as the other students moved about and worked on their dishes, most of them getting along with their partners. Looking at Tristen he grumbled a bit before deciding to actually engage the fellow student in more conversation. "So...where are you from again? What region, I mean, and town...if you want."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:57 pm
For a while there, it didn't seem like Matteo wanted any business with Tristen whatsoever for whatever reason. The kneading, tedious as it was, was only maddening due to the silence that loomed between the two for the most part. He still couldn't really understand the issue with this guy, though he didn't want to be the one to start any issues, or at least any out loud. After the buns were kneaded and then put it in the bowl, allowing Matteo to do his thing. It was fairly handy, admittedly, having Matteo use his fire prowess to allow the dough to rise in such a fashion. Almost borderline ingenious as far as he could tell. Tristen wouldn't have been able to think of that, or assume that Matteo was capable of it.

When finally addressed again by Matteo, he started to wonder if he was trying to start conversation out of genuine curiosity or if it was just trying to at least not come off any manner of jerk. Either way, Tristen would reply. "Jhoto region. Mahogany Town." he said, simply.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:07 pm
Blizzard120

When finally addressed again by Matteo, he started to wonder if he was trying to start conversation out of genuine curiosity or if it was just trying to at least not come off any manner of jerk. Either way, Tristen would reply. "Jhoto region. Mahogany Town." he said, simply.

Matteo nodded in response to Tristen, taking in the information but not having much to comment on it. Instead he decided to share as well. "I'm native, to Paldea that is. My family lives in Montenevera, that's where I'm from...you're probably not familiar with that. It's a town located north of here, up in the mountains. It snows a lot there, very cold place, but for Fire hybrids like us you barely notice the cold." The boy explained to Tristen. "Have you heard of the Gym Leader Ryme? She's the Gym Leader there, Ghost trainer. She is Ms. Tyme's sister too." He continued on, trying his hardest to make conversation and keep it going.

"What about your hometown? What's it like? Got a gym or...anything interesting? Montenevera is pretty nice, upper end kind of town, we even got a Sushi High Roller. Expensive restaurant...if you've heard of it." The boy said.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:18 pm
SubonicXP
"What about your hometown? What's it like? Got a gym or...anything interesting? Montenevera is pretty nice, upper end kind of town, we even got a Sushi High Roller. Expensive restaurant...if you've heard of it." The boy said.

"Mahogany is a smaller town in Jhoto. There's a Pokemon League gym there, but that's about the major thing to note. Though, a real tough one. Its an ice type gym. Apart from that, there's not much there too noteworthy..." Tristen quickly stopped himself, trying to think about any manner of trivia that he could think of. "...not unless you want to look at the Lake of Rage to the north of Mahogany Town where there are a lot of Gyarados roaming around in there. Some of them red in color..." He was left to wonder if he should admit he got one of those red Gyarados to him just then...then again, perhaps for now, he shouldn't say much. He still didn't allude to him being with Snagem, let alone his adoptive father being part of the gym circuit.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff