Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Mermaid Princess

Back to Guilds

A love story between Land & Sea 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Drama, Adventure, Sitcom 

Reply OOC PSAs, Games and Specials
Guild PSA: Mermaid Princess Christmas 2023 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Peach
Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom

It almost sounds like the Narrator, test all these games, to find the best strategies right Riku? 13 campaigns, wow, neat demo =)
thinks Princess Peach

CrystBalfast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:37 am
User Image
Riku
Kairi, Namine & Xion's Brother
"Hey, I'm the leading merman!"

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Star Wars Dark Forces 1994 DOS Preview*
Narrator: Since I enjoy Doom and Star Wars. Here's a preview of Dark Forces for DOS in 1994 with a Remastered Version on its way. The Narrator said to the characters

*Segment: Star Wars Dark Forces 1994 DOS Slideshow*
Sounds like for the Star Wars Disney Plus Series, they brought back the plot point from Dark Forces which is the Dark Troopers, a Stormtrooper that can level the New Republic within minutes. Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Narrator: Well, Dark Forces is an Extension to the Skywalker Saga as it has features that the Doom Engine does not even though Dark Forces and Doom's Gameplay are mostly the same. The Narrator said to Peach and Athena

Sounds like an early game where the player has two Health Bars; Shields and Health. Riku said to the girls

Narrator: Of course. But there are factors in Dark Forces that ignore shield damage entirely such as falling or piercing attacks, just to name a few. As for the Weapons, you'll be using the Stormtrooper Blaster when it comes to Imperial Remnant Officers, Troopers, Stormtroopers & even Trash Compactor Monsters while saving the big guns for the more dangerous enemies. Dark Forces felt like an experiment for Disney to see if Star Wars Fans wanted a Shooter Game and its sequels delivered Force Powers later on when Windows Computers made the Scene. The Narrator said to Peach and Athena as he saw them bring out and the decorations for Christmas then gave Peach another Present to wrap.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:09 pm
User Image
Athena
Princess of Atlantica

Star Wars Dark Forces sounds fun Riku =) thanks for the slideshow biggrin and ohh more decorations , pretty!
thinks Princess Athena

Peach

an extension, wow of the Sky Walker Saga, ohh. pretty interesitng Riku, oh there's a gift to wrap?
thinks Peach

'CrystBalfast"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:27 pm
User Image
Riku

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Warcraft 1 1994 DOS Preview*
Narrator: Here's a game I used to play as a kid. Warcraft for MS-DOS in 1994. Its an RTS Game where you need to Build a Base, gather Gold & Lumber to build up an army to destroy your enemy's base.

Warcaft has 14 Stages across 2 Storyline Perspectives, either play as the Grand Alliance to repel the Orcish Invasion during the First War to save the Kingdoms and become the New King of the Grand Alliance or Conquer them as the Orcish Horde. This game plays like D&D mixed with Dune 2, the one RTS game that started it all.
The Narrator said to the characters

Sounds like there's different structures in that game such as Wizard Towers, Churches, Stables & Blacksmiths. Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Narrator: Quite. All the units regardless of Faction play the same way as this was 1994. The Narrator said to Peach and Athena

There was 3 Resources in Warcraft until it was reduced to 2 during its development. Riku said to the girls

Narrator: Warcraft 2 did this as well with a few changes and refinements. I hope to talk about its previews next. The Narrator said to the characters

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 am
Peach

Warcraft 1 sounds good, guess we all need an army to protect our land, I ca understand ^^
thinks Peach

CrystBalfast

User Image
Athena
Princess of Atlantica

So Warcraft 2 would be better then, previews will sound good =)
thinks Athena  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:17 am
User Image
Riku

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Warcraft 2 Shareware 1995 DOS Slideshow*
Narrator: Warcraft 2 had a Slideshow Demo in the Shareware Version in 1995. In Warcraft 2, which is another game I used to play. The Grand Alliance has subfactions such as Elves, Dwarves, Griffins and Gnomes while the Horde has Subfactions too such as Ogres, Trolls, Dragons and Goblins where you take to the Second War in Land, Sea and Air. The Narrator said to the characters

Sounds like 4 Kinds of Resources were TOO Much to handle and was changed to 3 in the Final Version. Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Narrator: Quite. Blizzard wanted to use Gold, Lumber, Ore & Oil but in the end, they went with Gold, Lumber and Oil instead. Warcraft 2 has 14 Missions from two perspectives with the Alliance Hero Campaign and Horde Dark Campaign. The Narrator said to Peach and Athena

The Squeal's Expansion in 1996 had more Hero Units and 12 More Stages on each side. Riku said to the girls

Narrator: True. Warcraft 2 also added new Abilities, Magic Spells and Defenses. This was before Blizzard turned their attention to Windows and told one complete story in their RTS Games with each Campaign being a continuation. As its a 1-8 Player Game when it comes to Modem Multiplayer. The Narrator said to the characters

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:36 am
Peach

The Narrator sure knows quite a bit about Warcraft 2, sounds great Riku =) and a multiplayer game, ah this is surely why he likes it, understood =)
thinks Princess Peach

CrystBalfast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:58 am
User Image
Riku

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Warcraft 2 1995 DOS Preview*
Narrator: Warcraft 2 had a Preview in 1995. Warcraft 2 Cost $59 back then when it first came out.
There was going to be New Factions but it was changed to 2 Factions. Oil Tankers used to have Radar Spell to locate Oil Patches in the Sea where you can build the Oil Platforms so it can act as a gold mine & like the Gold Mine, when the Oil Platforms run dry, it would blow up on itself.

It also had Base Expansions Unlike the First Game. Knights would become Paladins when a Church is built and you would you use Far Sight, Restoration and Exorcism Spells Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Yeah but in the DOS Version, when I did so, it would crash the game. Riku said to the girls

Narrator: The Horde also had a Rune Tripmine Spell in which your team would see that only but not the other team. The Narrator said to the characters

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:23 pm
User Image
Athena
Princess of Atlantica

only 59 dollars? wow good deal =) 2 factions I see , =) you could see the oil platforms explode? eek 3nodding Paladins sound like they had a fun job =)
thinks Athena, too bad for the crash surprised

CrystBalfast

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 am
User Image
Riku

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Lords of the Realm 1994 DOS Preview*
Narrator: Here's an old strategy game from 1994, Lords of the Realm Preview for DOS Computers where its Gameplay is set in a European War where the lands are divided as this where you balance economy and politics as seen in 1968's Civil War Game on Tape Reel Mainframe PCs. The Narrator said to the characters

Tape Reel Computers that printed all numbers or something like that. Sounds like an example that's early. Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:26 am

Peach

Lords of the Realms, sounds familiar =)
thinks pretty good Riku , but I don't like war ^^

CrystBalfast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:33 am
User Image
Riku

[Player's Room]

*Segment: Heretic 1994 DOS Preview*
Narrator: Here's a Fantasy FPS Game I enjoyed growing up. Heretic from 1994 on DOS.
In that game, it runs on the Doom Engine but although it story is similar to Doom but updated Features that Doom didn't have and plays the same way but with an inventory system and the look up & down keys in a Fantasy Setting.

Wow. I can see that game has Wands, Crossbows, Dragon Claws, Staves and Maces. The weapons and armor items look elven. Riku said to the girls as he decorated.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:16 am
User Image
Athena
Princess of Atlantica

Sounds good, love the weapons, Heretics you say, there are some in other games too 3nodding
thinks Athena

CrystBalfast

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:49 am

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:43 pm
Kendra
Mermaid (Eraqus's Sister)
"The Human World feels like its somewhere I'm meant to be."

[Player's Room]
Kendra enters the Player's Room with Prince Perry & Olette next
Hello. I see the Narrator's PC Repairs are almost at an end. Shall we help him decorate the tree?. Kendra said to Perry and Olette.

Segment: Epic MegaGames Spring 1992 DOS Catalog
Narrator: The Ornaments are out along with the lights. Speaking of which, here's a DOS Catalog from Epic MegaGames during Spring 1992 which contains...
= DrumBlaster
= ZZT
= Super ZZT
and
= Jill of the Jungle
The Narrator said to Kendra and Perry and Olette as he also showed them the DOS Epic MegaGames Catalog from Spring 1992

Segment: Epic MegaGames Winter 1994 DOS Catalog
Narrator: Here's another Epic MegaGames DOS Catalog, this time from Winter 1994. This Edition has...
= Epic Pinball
= Xargon
= Epic Puzzle Pack (Electro Man/Adventures of Robo/Heartlight)
= Solar Winds
= CompuServe Modems
= Exec-PC
= Jill of the Jungle
= Ancients
= Overkill
= Castle of the Winds
= Dare to Dream
= Brix
= KiloBlaster
= Zone 66
and
= Ken's Labyrinth
This was 6 Years before Epic MegaGames became Epic Games and 4 Years before Epic MegaGames' Last Game, Unreal Tournament.
The Narrator said to Kendra and Perry and Olette as he also showed them the DOS Epic MegaGames Catalog from Winter 1994

Queentintin

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces