Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm
((So... for right now, I'm going to get James caught up so that he's not like suspended in time x3 He's still up for grabs, just to let you all know <3))

James sat in the now-empty compartment, still shocked at the exchange that had occured between Bellatrix and Sirius. He knew how much Sirius wanted to be the one to tell Peter, and especially Remus, the news of what had happened, and he knew that for Bellatrix to just off-handedly say it in front of Peter and him, even though he had already known, must've been quite a blow to his best mate. He frowned, musing over what he should do next.

After a while, he realised that he had been sitting there in his reverie for a good portion of their trip to Hogwarts. He decided he'd better go check on Sirius and make sure he wasn't making a fool of himself in front of Remus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:22 pm
Hearing that Sirius was disowned from his family didn't really shock Remus. Having met Sirius' mother in the past, and how horrid she was to him because he was a half-blood and also a werewolf, he had no idea how his best friend could even live in close proximity to such a dreadful woman, much less be her son. He tried to hold back his sympathy or words of wisdom, because he knew that Sirius probably didn't want to hear it, that he would want to go on pretending like nothing was out of the ordinary, and really, nothing was. Sirius' family wasn't really a family to begin with, and Remus could bet that Sirius was somewhat relieved that he didn't have to live with the people that he hated most in the whole world. He'd tell Sirius that he could come and live at his house any time he wanted, he was more than welcome at his house, but James was Sirius' best friend, and Remus was a werewolf, and new feelings that Remus still wasn't sure how to control would probably make that extremely difficult.

Seeing Sirius give him a questioning glance from the compartment door, he nodded and smiled. While part of him wished that Peter would just go back with James to sit in awe of him, he could feel his skin flush sitting so close and alone with Sirius. He didn't know what was getting into him. He had been around Sirius alone plenty of times since he first arrived at Hogwarts and he never felt these things before. Remus came to the conclusion that it must have had to do with the fact that the last full moon was horrendous. Yes, it was nothing more than that.

comfylove
Crew

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:23 pm
Sirius noticed a curious red tinge to Remus' face, but assumed it was just because he was itching to tell give him some consolation and was holding it back. He couldn't dare hope that it was because he felt something for Sirius; Sirius had stopped hoping that the feelings he'd developed and quickly supressed throughout all of last year would be returned by Remus. Grinning, he slid open the compartment door and stepped aside to let Peter in.

"Hey, Pete! Glad to have you join us!" he said, almost overenthusiastically, and ruffled Peter's hair. He hoped above everything else that Peter wouldn't bring up the incident, and he could go on pretending nothing had happened.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 pm
"hello sirius i didn't think you saw me there!" he said loudly as he entered the carraidge, planking himself next to remus, making a barrier between the two. Peter caught a glance at remus's badge.

"Brilliant they made you prefect, I think James is a bit upset he hasn't spoken in a while, thats why i came to find you"
he said glancing at sirius towards the end  

yellis

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 pm
"What classes are you both taking?"

Hestia smiled gently at the thought of her subjects for the year. Fifth years naturally had a broader range to choose from in the area of learning at Hogwarts than most of the younger students. "I can't wait for defense Against the Dark Arts. I'm also taking an advanced Astronomy class," she admitted with a bit of interest in her eyes as she glanced back to Snape. "I absolutely love to go star-gazing. It's very intriguing to watch the planet alignments and what not."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:48 pm
"I absolutely love to go star-gazing. It's very intriguing to watch the planet alignments and what not."

Alice nodded. "Sounds like fun, but honestly, all I can see in the stars are little dots. I can't see constellations and planets all look the same. The only reason I'm passing is because my essays are good." She said, remembering her frustration in that class.  

LooneyLunaLovegood

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:07 pm
Hestia shook her head and smiled a bit at Alice. "No, it's not that hard to tell apart. You just have to note the texture of the planet when you're observing," she said after a moment of thought. "Like with Potion-making, almost. When you're creating it, you always have to be careful with ingredients or else you could end up maknig something totally different from what you intended to."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 pm
When you're creating it, you always have to be careful with ingredients or else you could end up maknig something totally different from what you intended to."

"Yeah, well in Potion-making you don't have to play connect-the-dots with billions of tiny white lights!" Alice replied. "Maybe you should tutor me."

(((Where's Snape?)))  

LooneyLunaLovegood

Banah

Dapper Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:50 pm
Lucy, having ventured out of her previous compartment due to the noise of the insufferable Gryffindor fifth-years, now walked aimlessly down the train, wondering exactly who to sit with since she hadn't yet come across her friends. She hadn't come across the sweets trolly, either, much to her disappointment. Absently she pulled one of her pigtails and dragged her feet through the carpet, pondering the starting school year and everything it meant. When her legs tired she paused in front of a compartment, peaked in, and saw that it was only occupied by one person, a boy she recognized vaguely.

"'Lo," She greeted companionably, dropping down onto the opposite, empty bench and pulling her feet under her. Staring hard, she desperately tried to remember the boy's name. It had been on the tip of her tongue just a moment ago... Vetinari? Vetanuti? ... hmm. V-something, anyway, V-something Lovewell? Venatici Lovegood! She snapped her fingers in triumpth.

"How was your summer, Venatici?" She asked pleasantly, hoping he didn't mind if she interrupted his reading.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:58 pm
He must be going crazy. He felt like he was catching a fever or something, and his stomach tied into knots. It was such an odd feeling, one that he had never felt before, except perhaps when he spent his days looking at cute girls in his earlier years at Hogwarts, but this had to be different. Sirius was his best friend, he couldn't start developing feelings like this to him, Sirius would probably abandon him and take James and Peter along.

Remus tried hard to change his expression, which he was sure that it looked like there was something that he needed to say, but he wasn't about to do that now, and especially since Peter just walked into the compartment. "Hi, Peter!"

comfylove
Crew

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 pm
Snape noticed the girls had begun talking between each other, so he sat in silence for the moment. He debated about opening his book once again, but, deciding that that would be rather rude, abandoned the idea. He listened for awhile to the exchange between the girls, which had something to do with astronomy or the stars or something along that subject, uninteresting to him. His ears pricked, however, when the one named Hestia mentioned Potions. Now that was a subject he could appreciate. And he seemed to have a natural talent at it, as well. However, the subject was quite abruptly dropped as the girls went on to talk about tutoring and some other topics of no interest to him. He turned towards the window and gazed out at the grey, bumpy horizon shrouded in a thick mist, his thoughts turning inward.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:25 pm
James slid open the compartment door and stepped out into the hallway, wondering in which compartment Sirius could be. Shutting the door behind him, he headed down the train towards the front, surreptitiously looking in the other compartments and feeling a fool the entire time. Honestly, he thought grumpily to himself, I feel like a voyeur. Finally, he heard familiar voices coming from one of the compartments a few doors ahead. Ah, I see Peter has already joined them.

Reaching the compartment his friends were in, he knocked briskly, walking inside before anyone could answer him. "I see we're all having quite a little party here," he said. He glanced at Remus and, noting the slightly flushed look about him, realized that Sirius had already told him. "So! I guess we all know about Sirius' fabulous summer, then," he tried to make light, as the air in the compartment was one of awkward tension. "Let's drop that subject for the moment, then. Has the trolley already been by?" He asked, again trying his damnedest to lighten the mood.

un de plus pamplemousse

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am
A knock on the door alerted Gilderoy to the food carts appearance. "Yes, please do come in," he said, while walking to the compartment door. "I'll take a few chocolate frogs, some toffee, and a pumpkin tart. Oh, and make sure that the lot out there gets their share of whatever they'd like. Also, be sure to take a break and get something for yourself, on me of course." Gilderoy nodded at his fan club, smiled at the witch, ruffled his hair, then closed the door, and sat down with his goodies. "Nothing like a lite snack!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:48 am
After being snagged into her book for a while, she looked up and out of her window. When were they going to get to school? It seemed to take forever - infact, it has felt like days....
(Haha. xD)

Lily twitched a little, and went back to reading her book. She was already three quarters of the way through with it, and she had started this morning, on the way to the train station.  

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:13 pm
"I suppose I could. I'm a terrible people-person, though." Hestia laughed softly, feeling her point was a bit missed. Maybe analogies isn't my strong suit, she thought to herself before looknig to Snape. He seemed quiet, so she figured she ought to bring him into the conversation a bit. "And what about you, Severus? Any certain subject you're keen on for this year?" she asked casually, casting him a soft smile.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff