Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice__Cullen

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:50 am
Meanings of what is on the cover.

Black
Black signifies isolation and transition period. It shows up conflicts and friction with relations and friends.

Red
This is an indication of great passion and sensitivity in your emotional relationships

Ribbon
To see floating ribbons floating, signifies pleasant companions.

Decorating yourself with ribbons, foretells that you may enter into a marriage based on frivolity. This may be a mistake.

To see others decorated with ribbons, denotes that you will encounter a rivalry and have much obstacles in securing a husband or a commitment to a stable relationship.

Thats all I got. Usually torn ribbons are worn at funerals too...
Oye, I want August 7th already!  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:32 pm
mrgreen I think the red ribbon tearing is a symbolization of Bella breaking off all of her ties to people who have blood.
Which to me symbolizes Bella becoming a vampire since vampires have no blood.
The red ribbon is the color of blood which also inforces my therey! mrgreen

these sundae skies xx

okurfan1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:10 pm
(= Little Miss Smiles =)
mrgreen I think the red ribbon tearing is a symbolization of Bella breaking off all of her ties to people who have blood.

I think you're right.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:43 pm
thank you! rofl  

these sundae skies xx

Flame_Princess_13

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 pm
i think the scarf being torn probably means that Bella is about to be torn about(not litertally) like something bad happens to someone close to her and the title ECLIPSE probably tells that someone very close to Bella is going to leave her  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:08 pm
Ribbons represent life and bonds. Because it's torn, I would imagine it has to have something to do with being split in two or broken bonds.

I think it's most significant in that it IS a red ribbon, which means solidarity, just like the HIV/AIDs ribbon.

Kinship and bonds.

This will be sad...hopefully not as sad as New Moon. I felt awful for a month.

The only one I can think of is Jacob...=/ But he's already left her? And Edward can't leave her again?

Also, regarding the life aspect of tear-age. Is she finally becoming a vampire? Broken bonds with society...letting Edward take her life?

Colourblind Crayon

xoxTwilight-Goddessxox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 am
maybe da thread means like their relationship i n danger or somethin sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:20 pm
okurfan1
(= Little Miss Smiles =)

I think you're right.
rxactly what i thought for sure  

Ita_Uchiha

Marupon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 am
      If this was already said ignore me ><

But I think it symbolizes how fragile love [ and life ] can be.
      Since ribbons aren't the strongest things in the world.
      And the tearing could show a break from her life [ like what Little Miss smiles said ].
      So a hint that's she's changed in this one eh ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm
technically the ribbon is not broken.
its still hanging by a thread.

i see a ribbon as symbolizing some sort of bond.
so maybe her relationship with edward is going to end up in danger.
it could possibly be the life and death thing that most people have already said.

or maybe that their bond isnt strong enough for her to change?

im sorta just pulling things out my butt.
really the cover picks havent had to big a significance yet.

n e c r o t o x i c

xoxTwilight-Goddessxox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:48 pm
actually im jus goin for a guess but
1.i think it means like da treaty of werewolves of vampires might be broken and edward and jacob will fight and bella will be in despair
2.da ribbon means either jacob or edwards relantionship will end and is jus hangin on a thread to not change it.
these r my guesses ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:38 pm
FoxGirl2272
actually im jus goin for a guess but
1.i think it means like da treaty of werewolves of vampires might be broken and edward and jacob will fight and bella will be in despair
2.da ribbon means either jacob or edwards relantionship will end and is jus hangin on a thread to not change it.
these r my guesses ^^

I agree 100% heart  

xXx-karebear-xXx

Ms Mello

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 pm
If I remember correctly, Stephenie Meyer said that the cover had a lot to do with the story. She didn't like the New Moon cover 'cause she said "it just looked pretty"...Hold on... let me find it...

Edit: Ha ha! Here it is  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm
I think that maybe the ribbon stands for Bella, and maybe the two pieces are Jacob and Edward, who are pulling (symbolically) at Bella. Then the two small threads holding the thread (Bella) together ARE Jacob and Edward, like they're the only thing that's keeping her alive or something.

Either that, or the two pieces are the Vampires and the Wolves. And perhaps in the book someone breaks the treaty, and all hell breaks loose, or the treaty is broken and the wolves and the vampires are tearing apart each-other, and Bella is the two little threads still holding the two sides together.

So what do you think? I've had these thoughts for a while and decided to finally post them.

revolution_symphony

xDarks_Angelx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 pm
I think that the ribbon on the cover of Eclipse represents the Treaty. Perhaps the Treaty will break, but in order for it to do so, Bella would have to be transformed into a vampire. Notice how the ribbon isn't completely broken in two.....there are a couple of strands that are keeping the ribbon in one piece. Maybe the Treaty will be on the verge of breaking, but there are a couple of things that are keeping it from doing so......Edward and Jacob perhaps.........  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff