Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
Animal Facts! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maiden_Freak1990

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:22 pm
killer whales are the only animals besides human being who kill for revenge and killer whales have a diet that consistes of
salmon,tuna,shark,other dolphines and other whales species,as well as sea lions and they are found in any coastal waters and are the fiercests predetors in the oceans  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:52 am
Eeeehhh.....
I don't have that great infos, but I'll put some.
Might be known with you all, might be not.
If it's been mentioned before, I apologize.

- Great Whites even has to jump to get food on the ocean.
- Anaconda is not the longest species, but the heaviest species.
- King Cobras don't fight to death to get the female. They only just 'playing a game'.
- Shark's scales are actually a set of very small spikes that shaped just like their dorsal fin.
- Salmons has a chemical-detector sense that can bring them back to the river where they're born.
- Steel thread is much weaker than a spider's string.
- Sharks actually prefer fishes to chicken meats.
- Alligator Snapping turtle has a very bad sight.
- If a Crocodile gets a prey, they would swallow it the whole of the prey, includes the bones, and might enough for a few weeks later.
- 'Unicorns' are exist, but they're not horses, they're whale-like creatures.
- When an Owl's flapping its wings, the sound of its flappings are very silent.
- Orangutans has a way of thinking that is similiar to humans. For example, they can choose which fruit could be eaten, and which one is not. Which makes them very close to the 'elders' of the human beings.
- When a snake have the time, it would swallow its prey without tearing it into smaller pieces. If there's a danger coming to it, it'll be hard to run, so it will throw out the prey through its mouth again.
- Snakes, mostly Phytons, could eat a prey twice as big as its mouth.
- Ducks have 'oils' to make them able to swim on the water without worried to be wet, or even sink.

That's what I know. If I have something's wrong there, I just typed what I've known. If you have any questions what I'm talking about(sorry for my spellings and word-using, I'm not that good in english), just PM me.  

Sin Van Alhazard

5,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Roufette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 pm
SinV, I don't mean to be rude, but it took me forever to decode your post. The rules of grammar make me happy.

-Dolphins are one of the few animals that have sex for pleasure, not just to reproduce.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:47 pm
SinVAlhazard

- Sharks actually prefer eat fishes to chicken meats.
~~ Sharks should prefer fish, as that is their normal food.

- If a Crocodile gets a prey, they would it the whole of the prey, includes the bones, and might enough for a few weeks later.
~~ The normally tear off large junks of the animal and swallow those without chewing.

- 'Unicorns' are exist, but they're not horses, they're whale-like creatures.
~~ These whales are called Narwhales, the horn is part of their skull.

- When an Owl's flapping its wings, the sound of its flappings are very silent.
~~ This is so they can sneak up on their prey at night, things like mice could run if the owls were loud.

- When a snake have the time, it would swallow its prey without tearing it into smaller pieces. If there's a danger coming to it, it'll be hard to run, so it will throw out the prey through its mouth again.
~~ Snakes always swallow prey whole. They are not able to tear off chunks. Their jaws unhinge to allow them to eat prey twice their size. Normally they will not eat something larger than the thickest part of their body.

Yume Keraun

jaspercamille_go

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:42 am
Narwhal's horns curve to the left.
Capybaras are the largest rodents.
Rabbits aren't rodents.
When dolphins sleep they only sleep with one side of their brain at a time.
Archer fish catch insects by shooting at them with water
Wolverines are part of the ermine/weasle family.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:09 am
Hey guys do you know where flamingos get their pinkish color?

They get it from the food they eat! biggrin Young flamingos hatch with grey plumage, but adults range from light pink to bright red due to aqueous bacteria and beta carotene obtained from their food supply. A well-fed, healthy flamingo is more vibrantly coloured and thus a more desirable mate. A white or pale flamingo, however, is usually unhealthy or malnourished.  

lonewolfjc11

lonewolfjc11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:17 am
Maiden_Freak1990
killer whales are the only animals besides human being who kill for revenge

Oh my gosh! They kill for revenge?! I didn't know that!!! Thanks for the info! biggrin I love killer whales!
BTW killer whales aren't really whales at all! They're actually part of the dolphin family! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:23 am
I just remembered! (Since I was watching Madagascar2 xd ) Even though zebras may look alike, no two zebras have the same pattern of stripes! biggrin  

lonewolfjc11

lonewolfjc11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 am
Maiden_Freak1990
killer whales have a diet that consists of
salmon,tuna,shark,other dolphins and other whales species,as well as sea lions and they are found in any coastal waters and are the fiercest predators in the oceans

Killer whales also eat birds (penguins, sea gulls ETC.) and also scientists have found killer whales with caribou and polar bear in their stomachs.  
The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff