Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 pm
Kowsauni
Just tell me the items and I will look them up. Rare items are pretty well, rare, so you will probably be fine.

First choice
Pelaurum Shield (level 7, AV)
+2 Frost Longsword (level 8, PHB)
Boots of Free Movement (level 6, AV)

Second choice
Mithral Shield (level 8, AV)
+2 Pinning Longsword (level 7, AV)

(Yes, I am turning in my reach weapon for sword and board; I think Abby would prefer me better protected)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:42 pm
Is the Hexblade's Infernal pact boon similar enough to the Warlock's Infernal pact boon, that the item and power rider would still work in their full capacity? I want to argue yes, but if not, I will swap out Rod of the Infernal and Life Siphon for other things. I will modify the character sheet after these receive the DM's stamp of approval.

The new and shiny
8: Accurate Rod of the Infernal +2
7: Boots of the Fencing Master
6: Gaunlets of Blood

Feat: Improved defenses
6 level Power: Life Siphon
7 level Power: Reflective Hellstrike(a required power)

The traded old and busted
Feat: Heavy Blade Exp. for Cunning Stalker(misunderstanding with Pact Blade's final paragraph, lead to a wasted feat bonus)
Power: Hunger of Hadar for Emerald Shield

Other changes Hp to 59  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:32 am
I am not great at 4e creation, but am willing to try some more. I may play with classes a bit, I realize that goliath archer isn't exactly an optimized build.

I would also be cool with a change to 5e as I like that better, but would probably drop if this became a Pathfinder game. The system has grown too large and is broken at this point.

I am finding it hard to post between 10 hrs of school, 42 hours of work, homework and irl games, but I love this story. With you and alpha on the mainland again, maybe a roll20 game or discord game could be a solution to keep the story moving?

Edit: <.< Building a warden … ermagerd.
Still not done, but its a good start: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659296  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 pm
Sorry, of the absence. I just got internet installed into my house today.

So, to begin to answer everyone's questions:

Rain, your first choice of items is fine. You may add them to your character sheet.

SCN, I am okay with the Rod of the Infernal applying to the Hexblade's Infernal pact boon. And Life Siphon works for you as well.

So, as it stands, I will be keeping the game 4th edition. I will allow one new person to join this next arc since Alphabetfish is sitting out but if I don't get any takers I will continue with just us.

It sounds like both Ruin and Pupsage are a little busy right now, so when would you guys like to start the next arc? End of this month? End of September? I'm going to keep things play by post for right now though Alphabetfish might be interested in running a d20/discord game in the future once we get our lives more set up in Wisconsin.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am
My schedule will always be in flux, but I can guarentee post fri sunday.

I am running Tomb of Anihilation on roll 20 if you two are interested <.<

Edit:
I Think Kuori is all Warden-ified.
I kept the same magic item levels that I had before, but her replaced most of them.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659296

So aside from switching classes, using a maul now, and being a Defender with massive striker flavor, her "new" items would be:
Cunning Maul +2
Belt of recovery
Boots of Free Movement  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:04 am
I am free most days of the week, so it would be up to Rain and Pup for restart.

Either way; https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1231326
I will copy and paste the fluff stuff later today or tomorrow.

In other news... HOLY METRIC TON OF HITPOINTS, Batman... 80 surprised

EDIT:

Pup: I am probably missing something, but I am getting only 77 hit points(still Stone Wall amazing).

(7*6)+17+18
42+35

And you should have 13 Healing Surges.

I don't have my books with me, so I got most of this info from the Warden's Wiki page so it could be out of date or something.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:42 pm
I'll be distracted with larp and IT Project stuff at work for most of this august so I would prefer it to re begin after that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:01 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

EDIT:

Pup: I am probably missing something, but I am getting only 77 hit points(still Stone Wall amazing).

(7*6)+17+18
42+35

And you should have 13 Healing Surges.

You're right, I think I did some wonky 5e math.
And I can get behind Mongooseh on that. My new semester starts on the 27th.
Luckily for me I got the news that I will have an Associates by Feb, and a BA by September of next year, so by the time this arc is wrapping up my schedule should clear a LOT more. Because then I just have regular 40 hr work week, weekly LARP, and 2-3 gym days instead of cramming all of that in WITH 10 hrs of school and X hrs of homework.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:01 pm
Ok, I'll review everyone's updated character sheets in the near future. As it stands I will wait until September to begin the new character arc, as I'm still in the process of setting up my life at my new duty station as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 am
Rain Yupa
First choice
Pelaurum Shield (level 7, AV)
+2 Frost Longsword (level 8, PHB)

(Yes, I am turning in my reach weapon for sword and board; I think Abby would prefer me better protected)

Further changes to character sheet: Longsword +1 proficiency, +1 enhancement over halberd factored into stats.
Heavy Shield shield bonus and armor check penalties applied.
Equipment powers factored in.
Javelins removed since we left without me having the opportunity to pick them back up crying

So question: What should I do with my prior weapon? Discard it, keep it, or exchange it?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am
Rain Yupa
[
So question: What should I do with my prior weapon? Discard it, keep it, or exchange it?
Personal, and historical, preference; I would say keep it.
You never know if you'll ever be caught in a place, where staying next to the infidel you want to attack will not be advantageous. Like a 2 square wide hallway comes to mind, or if someone requires to fall back for survival sake, or you just want to poke someone at a distance.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:53 pm
I'm fine keeping it, but it's the DM's call. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 am
Oh, , come to think of it I am actually interested in that question too... given that my magic rod is being replaced by the Infernal one.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm
HYPE!!!  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 pm
You keep your current Items. Unless you want to sell them. If you want to get rid of any magic items Abby will buy them off of you at discounted price, if you want money up front. Otherwise, you can leave the item with her and she will sell it on consignment and you will get money for it later in the campaign

If I have the time I will make a thread detailing the Demi's base and the services available to you guys there before you start your next adventure.

I also plan on making a plot log to help you guys keep track of everything that has taken place so far.

Unfortunately my internet broke and spectrum won't be out here to fix it Thursday so my online activity will be severely limited until then.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games