Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 pm

10/53, Bloodied

MOVE ACTIONx2

Nothing fancy this time 'round. Revenge stands and limps over to TT14.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 pm

As Ruin ran by, Twyla felt a rush of energy flow into her. And she had an idea.

"Just a second!" she said. "I'll fall back--but not before trying this!" And she reached into her pack and grabbed the round gray grenade. Screwing up all her strength, she pelted it directly at Fumiyo's unconscious form, praying to hit not her, but her attackers.

The grenade burst into a silvery mist, and Twyla peered anxiously into the cloud to see what happened.

((I accept Ruin's heal! Twyla regains 10 hp!

Move: Shift to S56.
Minor: Take out the sleep grenade.
Standard: THROW IT! At Fumiyo's square. Range is a burst 3. 14 vs. Will on Fumiyo, 24 vs. Will on 53, 9 vs. Will on 56.))

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 am

The Battle for the Beast Within
User Image

(The dark green under the trees represents thick underbrush and is difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The clods of earth the size of one square are difficult terrain. The clods of earths bigger then one square require climb checks to move over and are blocking terrain that provide full cover. The craters areas from the blasts are difficult terrain. A swim check is required to move through the river. The cliff to the east is 15 feet tall and requires a climb check to move up.)

Big Version of Map

Initiative Order
Petra
Arthur,
Kuori, HP: 18/43, 4DR, Bloodied
Valac, HP: 19/56, Marked by S55Bloodied
Arian Soldiers
Illya Bloodied. 5THP
Ramona Hovering 10 feet up.
Ruin, HP: 26/49, Marked by S54, +2 Def
Revenge, HP: 10/53, Bloodied
Twyla, HP: 30/42,
Ying, Bloodied, marked by S54
Corsica Immobilized Bloodied
Sylvia, 5THP
Abby
Fumiyo's Guards S54 Granting CA. S52 Bloodied, S54 marked by Arthur, S55, -2 to hit Valac, Bloodied ongoing 5 fire,S51 Stunned, save ends, S53 unconscious, save ends!
Demi-Monsters

S54 Slashes at Ruin as he dashes away but he is too slow to hit the hexblade. However, Ruins sword swing against S53 goes wide as the soldier easily dodges his attack. None the lose he still feels the burn from his aura.

Revenge limps away from the Arian soldiers as they focus their attention back on Corisca.

Twyla heals and shifts forward and in a dramatic display throws the sleep grenade. The words Tristan's Tonic's could be seen emblazoned on the side of the device before it exploded in a cloud of smoke, the smell of it is uncomfortably familiar to Valac. S56 shields his mouth from the smoke but the soldier dragging Fumiyo has no such luck and begins to cough uncontrollably.

Ying continues to squeeze her paralyzed target with her body as his bones begin to crunch and his armor groan underneath the pressure.

Corsica remains immobilized.

Sylvia moves up to Illya and gives her another potion.

Abby tentacles lash out at S52 wrapping around the soldier and crushing the last bit of life left in him.

S54 slashes at Ying but his sword clings off her chitinous hide.

S51 remains stunned.

S53 falls unconscious, letting go of Fumiyo and crumbling to the ground!

S56 Shouts "No!" as he shifts up one square. He continues to sustain his spell.

S55 slashes Valac for 9 damage!

Arthur moves up and strikes S54 with one of his short swords

(Kuori up!)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Minor to stow bow. Double move charge north as far as possible, provoking on the way. [towards MM 35]

Kuori needed a break, but couldnt waste the chance to hit these guys while they were worn. Maybe she could kite them north and drop the sleep bomb. But she needed a break too ... 'Here goes the long shot' she thought as she sprinted north.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Valac swings his sword again desperate to end this battle. He enjoyed fighting but this was getting tedious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 am

User Image

(The dark green under the trees represents thick underbrush and is difficult terrain and provide partial cover. The clods of earth the size of one square are difficult terrain. The clods of earths bigger then one square require climb checks to move over and are blocking terrain that provide full cover. The craters areas from the blasts are difficult terrain. A swim check is required to move through the river. The cliff to the east is 15 feet tall and requires a climb check to move up.)

Big Version of Map

Initiative Order
Petra
Arthur,
Kuori, HP: 14/43, 4DR, Bloodied
Valac, HP: 11/56, Marked by S55Bloodied
Arian Soldiers
Illya Bloodied. 5THP
Sylvia, 5THP
Abby
Fumiyo's Guards S54 Granting CA. S52 Bloodied, S54 marked by Arthur, S55, -2 to hit Valac, Bloodied ongoing 5 fire,S51 Stunned, save ends, S53 unconscious, save ends!
Demi-Monsters

As Kuori moves away from the soldiers one of them mages to hit her with his sword, but the glancing blow does no damage .

Valac is unable to hit S55 and pays the price.

The soldier after Kuori continue to continue to chance her with one slashing her for 4 damage!

After dodging every attack from the earth mages Seraphina finely looks like she might be able to break free, but is knocked unconscious by a bolt of radiant energy to the back of the head. After a fierce fight the dragon girl had finally fallen.

Illya moves forward and tries to finish off the warrior attacking Valac, but he deflects all but one of her attacks.

Ramona throws a fireball at S56 but the soldier dodges out of the way.

(Ruin up!)

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 am

10/53, Bloodied

The paladins of past editions legends would be shining beacons of honor and courtesy. They would face evil head-on, nobly so, ensuring that they were vanquished at their best so they would realize they were bested completely.

Revenge was not one of those paladins. Sehanine allowed trickery, and if a seemingly underhanded tactic would allow for victory and spare the lives of those suffering and in need, he would take it.

He was 50/50 on his next maneuver. He wanted to rush toward someone else per Corsica's request, but everyone was so far away and his heavy armor slowed him down so much. But when the battle to his left had just ended with the dragon-like girl going down, it settled his decision.

FREE ACTION (weapon daily power)

Revenge's grip on his halberd would tighten.

MOVE ACTION

Revenge inhales. Revenge exhales. Turning in place, he turns towards the robed Arian and rushes at him.

Quote:
Revenge moves to RR13, ie one space east of soldier 10.

MINOR + STANDARD ACTION

As part of his advance, he would thrust his halberd into the back of the mage, gritting his teeth angrily.

Quote:
Vengeful Weapon (Free action from before, if 10 hit Corsica then I gain +2 to attack and +1d10 damage) + Trial of Strength (Standard) + Channel Divinity: Divine Strength (Minor) = 26 vs AC (or 28 if he had hit Corsica) vs 10, and 17 damage (19 if he had hit Corsica). Lethal this time.

If he had not landed an attack against Corsica, let me know because I will still have use of my Vengeful weapon (requires a bloodied ally to be HIT by an attack).

With the large dirt mount keeping his attack from line of sight of most of this mage's comrades, Revenge would whisper lowly, "Sorry; I tried to play nice, but things are starting to go pear shaped and I really need for you to let this young woman free now."
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 am

Ruin leveled his rod at S56, as a prism of colors formed on it's tip and launched at the mage.

"I will give you an ultimatum, Run to the woods and live to see one more day. I will give you my word that, I will not follow and recommend to my people, and allies, they let you and all other soldiers live. But, if you stay and keep her under your spell, you will die for nothing and I will be sure your name will come up when we chat with your superiors, as the one who gave us Fumiyo and information on this convoy."

Standard action: Color Orb, 22 vs Will; 6 radiant damage and he is dazed till the end of my next turn (will roll the intimidate next round, if needed)
Move: Two squares north
Armor: 14 Cold damage S56

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 pm

She took a brief moment to cheer when she saw a guard flop over, but the fight wasn't over yet. Seeing Fumiyo was still beset upon by a guard, Twyla moved quickly. She scooted across the field and stood up as tall as she could, Tinsel flashing in the sun. Her voice rang with revelation, and the sun shining on her blade was like a spotlight.

"You give us pain, you lay us low
You seek to do us grievous wrongs;
But I know something you don't know;
And by your blood, you'll make us strong!"

The light from her sword shone on the Arian enchanting Fumiyo, and he seemed to Twyla's allies no longer a deadly force, but someone beaten down, weak, ready for extermination. ((Allies who hit 56 from now until the end of the encounter will regain 5 HP.))

She turned then to Valac "Don't worry, Valac the Unstoppable! I'm coming to help you out, too!

"I see your plight and how you bleed,
I want to help you do your best.
I'll boost you up to take the lead,
then you can take care of the rest!"

Her song seemed to numb his wounds and restore some of his strength. As he was feeling the effects of her magic, she would hold her sword tightly and rush at the guard blocking him. Her sword sank into her foe, and she shouted to Valac.

"Hit 'em like this, you're better than I;
Then let's you and me get that other guy!"

((Move to O60.
Standard: Stirring Shout on 56. 23 vs Will, 14 physic damage on a hit. Allies who hit this target from now until the end of the encounter regain 5 hp.
Minor: Skald Aura Heal on Valac. Valac regains a surge plus 6 hp.
ACTION POINT!
Charge on 55. 30 vs AC; 11 dmg on 55. Valac gains 5 temporary HP.))
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:58 am

User Image

Big Version of Map

Initiative Order
Petra
Arthur,
Kuori, HP: 14/43, 4DR, Bloodied
Valac, HP: 31/56, Marked by S55 5THP
Arian Soldiers
Illya Bloodied. 5THP
Sylvia, 5THP
Abby
Fumiyo's Guards S53, S55, S56 Granting CA, S54 marked by Arthur, grabbed by Abby. S55, -2 to hit Valac, Bloodied ongoing 5 fire,S51 Stunned, save ends, S53 unconscious, save ends. S56 dazed, heals players 5 hp when hit, Bloodied
Demi-Monsters

((S10 did hit Corsica last round.))

As Revenge darts forward he does a very un-paladin like thing and stabs S10 in the back. The mage is impaled by the halbred and dies instantly. Luckily, Sehanine is of neutral alignment and values trickery. However, the the rest of the soldiers around S10 take notice of Revenge returning to the fray and killing one of their own. Corisca laughs but yells angrily at Revenge. "You damn fool! You're going to make Abby cry again!"

((Ruin will need to take a standard action and roll an intimidate check if he wants to try and force S56 to surrender. ))

Ruin hits S56 with his color bolt, dazing him. He doesn't respond to Ruins words as he is to busy concentrating on maintaining his spell. Ruin would recall S51 was the one barking out orders before and probably is the one in charge.

Twyla blasts S56 with her magical voice before charging at S55, stabbing him in his thigh. Her spirited song restores Valac's vitality.

Ying continues to crush S51 with her monstrous centipede body.

Corsica readies an action.

Sylvia moves up to Illya and hands her a potion.

Abby moves forward and wraps her tentacles around S54 and begins to strangle him.

S56 gets burned by Ruins aura, bloodying him, but still manages to maintain his spell.

S53 remains unconscious.

S51 begins to struggle within Ying's grasp, it seems the paralytic poison has worn off.

S54 tries to stab Ying but Arthur dashes in the way of his attack, taking the hit instead.

S55 Brings his sword upon Twyla but the gnome manages to duck beneath her shield and deflect the blow.

Arthur attacks S54 with short swords but the Arian soldier parries both of his attacks.

((Kuori up!))

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Kuori held her hand on the grenade, steeled herself and took a deep breath. (Second Wind). She sprinted past the soldier towards Corsica. Dresden was down and she needed help. If she could bait them to her she could try for the three armored guys. Whichever came to her first would draw her ire. (Moving Hunters mark first person to enter melee range)(Move to LLL29
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Valac was glad to finally have some direct support up here from people he knew as he was exhausting himself fighting this man. With another cacophonous roar Valac strikes at the man again.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 am

"Valac the Unflappable! I know you can hit 'em better than that!"

Twyla pointed at him and winked. And his aim suddenly seemed to improve...

((Adept's Insight, augment 1, on Valac's roll. Valac gains 3 to the attack roll he just made against 55, making it a total of 24.))
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:15 am

With Twyla's magical assistance Valac's sword finds his mark and the soldier finally falls to the ground, dead.

(Valac can now take his charge)

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:32 am

Having hewn the enemy Valac had been struggling with, some help from Twyla giving her acknowledging primal nod and grunt of thanks. Valac sped off in the blink of the eye rushing around the crater coming up behind the Arian smashing his full blade into their back.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games