Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 am
Psychofish
Yeah. I realized a while ago how massive a difference just going from 2 to 3 stamina is for your survivability. Haven't seen much go after Willpower yet though.

I think my issue, though, will be that I'm not playing Denbe straight up on any one skill, but mixing and matching a bit of everything.

Actually, wound levels are based off your Earth Ring, not just Stamina.

Willpower will help you resist the effects of spells and spiritual stuff, as well as corruptive influences (seduction, etc). Stamina will help you resist physically draining stuff (exhaustion, resisting poison, etc).

Also, Raw Earth rolls are required to resist the effects of Taint. Taint is one of those things that once your character gets it, you will NEVER, EVER be able to get rid of.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 am
Yeah. From my reading of the infect on Shadowland taint, you end up being treated like a leper and sent to the Wall at the earliest opportunity....or you can commit seppuku.

Or neglect to mention it...  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 am
Huh. Willpower suddenly sounds like a great buy, even if it hasn't come up for Denbe yet. Stamina later maybe. Since he could also REALLY use perception or reflexes, and I want to get the Hare Cipher advantage to see if it opens me any new plot points.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:13 am
Yeah. Lots and lots of things... I guess I could cut back on the Chain weapons for now. Otherwise, Bow and Blade are of utmost importance.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 am
Okay, Maybe I read Experience wrong. Is it, or is it not spent just like character points?

Just thought I should ask.

And poor Zanzen, he's not involved in anything beyond keeping his dark history secret and doing his best at this tournament... and the Scorps have him marked as potentially part of a plot, which knowing him, he will misunderstand what's going on and get himself deeper into trouble.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 am
Scorpions are fun when the dice faerie blesses the party with Dark Secrets!  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 am
I had to laugh at how Naizen was following Denbe following Toyoko. Course, Scorpions are now going to use that info, and Denbe won't care much about it unless Maho becomes involved. XD

Though what interest the Scorpions would have in a minor clansman other than that he took a high prize today, I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 am
Raganui Minamoto
Okay, Maybe I read Experience wrong. Is it, or is it not spent just like character points?

Just thought I should ask.

And poor Zanzen, he's not involved in anything beyond keeping his dark history secret and doing his best at this tournament... and the Scorps have him marked as potentially part of a plot, which knowing him, he will misunderstand what's going on and get himself deeper into trouble.

Exactly like character points. Also, I'll hold off posting Day 3 until after you spend your XP, if you were planning to. That way, it doesn't influence your expenditure.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am
Yeah. The Hare didn't notice he had a tail. >< I like that pun. Sorry.

Maybe Naizen caught Denbe talking with a maid during the story telling contest and thought Denbe was up to something? For all he knows, Denbe slipped poison into the cumin supplies. Denbe did seem rather interested in them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am
The only thing I might get would be smithing, and I doubt they'd have that since that takes a long time by itself. But I'm saving points right now to upgrade a few things.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am
lololololololol cumin.

I'm just glad my girlfriend has gone through culinary school, or I still wouldn't know cumin has a powerful scent, and I'd still have Denbe doing detective work at every meal to figure out if eating will kill him or not. XD

Edit: Note to self. Focus sincerity a little more so he won't insult anyone by not eating a cumin dish.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am
Next thing I'm raisin' is my Water Ring, THEN my Earth ring. More wounds is just good, especially since you gain quite a lot per Earth ring. Then Void. I'm sure that by the time both the Water and Earth ring are @ 3, I'll be at Insight Rank 2. Either way... this should be fun.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am
Yep... he's going for Seichiro only because he knows him more than Grandpa Hida... and Hida would probably pile drive him into the dirt trying to give him help.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 am
Raganui Minamoto
Yep... he's going for Seichiro only because he knows him more than Grandpa Hida... and Hida would probably pile drive him into the dirt trying to give him help.
Unfortunately for Zanzen, Seichiro knows NOTHING of Jiujutsu either. If he did, it'd be Brazilian Jiujutsu. He'd be trained by the Gracie family.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am
Yeah. Kojiro's not a brawler either.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games