Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:18 am
"Well surely Tes will be able to come home soon. I'm sure the ladies can help him. I'm glad you're still doing well, though, Ryzan. That's really good to hear."

She sighed and looked down at the table. "Well, I think we both know it's best that I make myself scarce at MW. I don't exactly like to conform to their rules. Which is odd because I thought they were about breaking rules. Yet lately, anyone who chooses not to go along with them is criticized. But whatever."

She took a drink of her lemonade and then sighed again. "Sorry. Things have just been really getting under my skin lately. Not like the sad or irritated way, but the gravely, grating type of way. Do you ever wish you could just be someone else for awhile?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 am
Thistle sighed and got up. Smok wouldn't understand. She couldn't speak to tell him, anyway. And everyone probably liked him.

She started to walk out of the pet area, leaving Smok behind.

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:20 am
Hmmm... I don't think I want to give a grunny a nosebleed. *laughs*

Yeah, Draa's a clone of Tes. They're a lot alike, but Draa tends to be a little more outspoken than Tes. At least, from what I've seen.

*covers her mouth and yawns* Sorry, I'm not usally up this late. I think I'm going to go home. Good night, Draa. It was nice meeting you, Seth. *walks over to the pet area to get Smok, petting Thistle while she's there. Then she carries Smok out, saying good night to Amy and Ryzan as they leave*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 am
*can't help but smirk at the comment of "being someone else". As he's about to speak, he notices Kits leaving and waves to her* Plynn kyon~

*turns back to Amethyst and sighs*
Perhaps it is because I had stayed in my quarters for quite some time while Quortek was cursed and had troubles with my sleeping pattern as well, jhal I have not personally witnessed patrons being criticized... *giggles* ... except for Seth about his age, jhal I must say he does not exactly have one of the mzilst "friendly" of personalities.

I, for the mzilst part have only seen the normal patrons there so I am afraid I do not know who these people who "choose not to go by their rules" you would be referring to are. Quite frankly, if you have not been there at all lately, then I am not sure how you would know of such things either unless you have some means to watch over and keep up with the events of the establishment that are more efficient and reliable than my own.

Is this really what you wished to speak with me about?

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am
*pouts when Kits leaves without showing him her swimsuit* gonk "Don't want to give a grunny a nosebleed" So if I was a dark elf it would have been fine gonk It's not fair!! gonk
*rolls his eyes at Draa*
I don't think she's interested in you.

pft... what would you know? stare
I just think chicks would probably find the whole "I'm actually a grunny" thing kind of creepy.
Technically I'm really a dark elf, but was turned to a grunny... then cloned as a grunny, but still a dark elf.
... what?
It makes sense in my head!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 am
Amy watched Kits walk away and she waved slightly. Then, she sighed and looked back at Ryzan. When she heard what he had to say, she bit her bottom lip to keep from smirking. Yeah, this was really stupid of her. Of course she couldn't go into details about it. Not with Ryzan, Karrie, Kits... And really, she was okay with that. She was used to keeping things to herself. She would do so for Thistle as well. She needed to stop spreading around what happened to Thistle.

"No... I guess not. Excuse me for bringing it up."

She cleared her throat and attempted to go back to having a business demeanor about her.

"Well, first, I need to know what you know before I continue. Um, did you know that Karrie and I are dating?"  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 am
Thistle started to walk over toward Amy at the table, but as she looked up, she saw two men in the area and one was holding a green ball that talked. She knew that voice.

Thistle winced slightly and sighed as she turned around and started to walk back to the pet area. As soon as she passed the gate that led to it, she laid down on the grass and curled up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 am
Nau, I did not know that. Either the subject has never been brought to my attention or I simply had other things on my mind at the time sweatdrop Such has happened before. For instance, I once forgot that I have previously met Officer Showcase. It was quite embarrassing sweatdrop  

Ryzan Vixtul

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 am
Amy couldn't hide the smirk this time. It wasn't really a humorous one. If she could look at herself from the outside, she would have realized that she was doing the exact same thing her father did so frequently, what she had just accused Dame of doing. But she wasn't exactly in the right mind to think, or feel, critically about anything.

"No, it's okay. I don't think it's public knowledge... at least not at MW. I've gotten used to him not wanting to..."

She sighed and shook her head. She focused back on just the main point.

"Well, in your opinion, do you think this is a good idea? Or, do you think I, being who I am, could jeopardize his position at MW? I mean think about it. He probably didn't want to tell anyone at MW about us because deep down, he knows that our relationship would hurt his job."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:06 am
*glances over at Ryzan and Amy, then up at Seth* What do you suppose they're talking about?
Probably discussing the best way to make hassenpfeffer.
... liar.
*shrugs* You never know.
Ryzan probably doesn't even know what hassenpfeffer is!
Maybe they're talking about rabbit stew then.
No stare Just no stare
Starting a business that sells lucky rabbit's feet?
Stop! gonk  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Ryzan Vixtul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 am
*scratches his chin, tilting his head slightly*
I do not see how it could jeopardize his position unless you were keeping him from performing his duties. In which case, it would not be because he is dating you jhal rather that he is not performing the task which he was hired to do. Given that the restaurant is not the busiest of places from what I have witnessed, I doubt ves mzilt that even in the case of him making few appearances in the kitchen, as long as everything continues to run smoothly while there are customers, then he should be fine. Of course, I am no longer in a position of authority there, so I cannot say for certain if that is the case, rilu'oh I have not heard any complaints about him.

Is it really that he does not want to tell anyone about your relationship or is it that he just has not found an appropriate time to do so? I, for one, certainly know what it is like for your romantic partner to deny your relationship.. *sighs* ... rilu'oh there are also times in which it would seem rather.... how you say... "pretentious", xas? I know that seems the opposite of what you were thinking and I may have gotten the wrong word sweatdrop Rilu'oh it is not necessary to announce to everyone your relationship unless it has some sort of relevance to the conversation. To suddenly announce it with no reason other than to make sure that everyone knows about and acknowledges it can at times come off as boastful, depending on the situation.

I know using my relationship with Quortek may not be of the best examples since for a while he really was trying to hide our relationship, jhal after he was no longer concerned if people knew about us or not, he did not try to announce to everyone that we had indeed become intimately involved. It was just discovered gradually by those around us, either when we were seen together or if the subject arose during casual conversation. Similarly, I did not make it a point to tell everyone about our relationship either unless I was asked or the subject was relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 am
*flops down on a lounge chair, setting Draa on his stomach so he can use his arms to prop his head up*
I wonder if they're going to be a while. Might want to go for a swim or something if they are.

A swim? At this hour? You have any idea how cold that water would be?
*shrugs* Might be refreshing...
If you consider shrinkage "refreshing"...
*twitch* ... maybe a swim really isn't such a good idea...  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:53 am
"Of course I'm not keeping him from his duties. Hell, I transfigured his costume for this past weekend's party. It's just... Look, again, I don't exactly respond in ways that the MW Ladies like. I like the color pink, I like cute things, I smile a lot. I drink occasionally but not all the time, I have smoked weed many times, I'm nice one minute and the next I can get very bristly. I don't fear them and I don't suck up to them though I tried to be respectful until I was pushed too far. I don't fit in a nice little box that can be labeled. I came into MW giving the wrong impression. I made it seem like I let people push me around, but usually I don't. Just because I'm nice does not mean I'm a push over."

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "So that is why I think Karrie's job could be in jeopardy or why he might think it is by being with me. I don't exactly follow their rules or what they like. And don't try to tell me that they haven't tried to get people out of their bar that they haven't liked before. What if that extended to Karrie just because he's associated with me? I mean, not right now, but in the future if we got more serious."

She took a sip of her lemonade, wincing slightly as she realized that it was very watered down now that the ice had melted, and then continued.

"And it's not that I want him to announce to everyone that we're dating. But hell, even you didn't know Ryzan. I know you say that you haven't been paying that much attention lately, but you almost always are the first to know who's dating who. And it's not even so much about the romantic relationship. It's about how I'm not sure either of us think it's a good idea for many to know that we're as close as we are, even as friends. I can't speak for Karrie. I just worry for him sometimes..."

Her dad's words from the other day flashed in her mind and she frowned slightly.

"Usually this would be the time that I would have hightailed it out of here. Actually, I would have done it long before now, but I can't do it now. I won't do that to Karrie, not after what he went through with Dame. And I do love him. It's just..."

She sighed and shook her head. "This is stupid. It's not accomplishing anything. I'm still right back at square one. All I seem to do sometimes is talk. And you're the one person who, like you said, can relate to me on this, about the significant other not being open about your relationship. And still, it's not going to change anything."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:55 am
A woman staff member came over to the man relaxing on a lounge chair with a grunny on his torso.

"Excuse me. I could not help overhear you as I passed. We have three hot tubs here if you wish to be in water but are afraid of it being cold."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ryzan Vixtul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:10 am
I was not saying you were keeping him from his duties. I was merely stating that would be the only reason his position would be compromised because of you. Who he dates and associates with is his own business. As long as it does not interfere with his duties and obligations, then there is absolutely no reason for it to have any effect on his position.

If you believe the characteristics you have named are things that make you unwelcome at MW, then I'm afraid I have to inform you that you are mistaken. Jallil and Icy Reign both have weaknesses for "cute things", I myself am known to smile quite frequently, fair dame and Quortek do not drink alcohol at all, and the tendency to turn from nice to "bristly" is a characteristic that many of the Ladies share.

It is mzilt mzilt easier to find out that people are dating when you actually see them together. Rilu'oh since you have not been coming to the tavern and I have rarely seen Karrie, it just is not possible for such a thing to be realized naturally.

By the way.... what is this "weed" you spoke of? sweatdrop

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games