Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm
Raganui Minamoto
She'll beat down EVERYONE.

But yea, I figure, if Sozen will give him pointers, then after this competition, I'll probably slip a point into Juijitsu to represent gained knowledge from him and participation in the competition.

With 10k4+12 to her attack rolls? Probably. But she'd only participate if she could goad Seichiro into challenging her.

Also, it might explain what happened to Shosuro Naizen on the first night.

And that's the point of me doing XP this way after each day, so you guys can benefit from learned experiences, and/or prepare for future events. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart
Rain Yupa
Fun fact: The only magistrate here with a skill above Rank 5 is Kuni Raicho. That skill? Jiujutsu.

@ Seichiro signing up for Lore: I am disappoint.
Oh ******** that, Kuni is a b***h. I shall use my little brain to talk about HISTORY. Which reminds me: can I make s**t up when it comes to obscure Lore or should I stick with what's canon? If so, off to swim amidst the wiki!

Of course you can make stuff up! Canon never hurts, but that's more of a failsafe in case you can't think of anything else, IMHO.
'Tis precisely why I ask: I can't think of anything. My mind is blank. Then again, I'm hungry.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:39 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
I don't think many of us have Jiujutsu as a trained skill, sadly.
Denbe does. >:}

Hare School gets some neat tricks later on that mix armed fighting with jiujutsu, so I am unwittingly prepared. Deneb also has Hands of Stone. Though I suspect my rolls and lack of high earth ring or strength will sabotage the performance a little.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:00 pm
Psychofish
Keith Valken Lionheart

Hare School gets some neat tricks later on that mix armed fighting with jiujutsu, so I am unwittingly prepared. Deneb also has Hands of Stone. Though I suspect my rolls and lack of high earth ring or strength will sabotage the performance a little.
You have Deneb? She's a kickass witch. It'll be easy mode for you

/TacticsOgregeekmode  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:03 pm
Well, he could have the 10th Deneb with him. GO CHEETAHS! /Battletechgeekmode off.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Psychofish
Keith Valken Lionheart

You have Deneb? She's a kickass witch. It'll be easy mode for you

/TacticsOgregeekmode
I never got that far and must attempt to find the game and play through it now.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm
I've always been sad that I never got to play Tactics Ogre- I heard a lot of good things about it, and about a lot of similarities to Final Fantasy Tactics, which is among my favorite games. So at this point I believe I'm waiting to buy a used PSP when they put out the rerelease of Tactics Ogre on it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:24 pm
I'm not sure I'd like it... but not sure I wouldn't... Final Fantasy for the PSP... had too many slowdowns and the lack of chants during attacks made me sad.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:45 pm
Daww...Raga just got Crashed into Hello.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 pm
Lore skills eh?

*looks at 4k4 regardless of skill*
Jiu-jutsu it is!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:31 pm
Psychofish
I've always been sad that I never got to play Tactics Ogre- I heard a lot of good things about it, and about a lot of similarities to Final Fantasy Tactics, which is among my favorite games. So at this point I believe I'm waiting to buy a used PSP when they put out the rerelease of Tactics Ogre on it.
The PSP remake will be fantastic. The SNES version has also been translated into english, if you're savvy with emulators. If you're going to play the PSP/SNES version (both are the same), then you should first play the GBA version, Knights of Lodis. It's a prequel to Let us Cling Together.

And if you like FFT, Yasunori Misuda's best work is IMO Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together. You can feel where he drew inspiration from FFT if you play TO: LuCT. All of his key things are there: kingdom in turmoil, war, backstabbing, plotting, etc. Also, gameplay-wise, FF: LuCT is, IMO, far better than FFT.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm
I really do hope it delivers because... well, FFT just delivers so much that no other games seem to bother with. It's a dark world that isn't just used as an excuse to kill big ugly looking things. There's vicious politics and social upheaval. Hell, the game makes sure that 90% of the characters are damn near impossible to call "a bad guy" or "a good guy" because most of them are either taking up banditry because it's the only way they can feed themselves, doing horrible things for the right reasons, or on the right side for all the wrong reasons.

Among the only characters I could straight up hate wholesale was that dickbag Algus. And he wasn't so much evil as spoiled and bigoted.

Any game that could capture even those kinds of basic aspects of a world that feels interesting and like a world, not like a backdrop for a game, gets my approval. The indepth plot made it even better, much as the original's English translation didn't help it much.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Aye. Unfortunately, you can't let him die until the plotline demands he die....but you can make him run around like a retard in the meanwhile. Actually reminds me of L5R and Battletech in a way. The hero is in the eye of the beholder.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 pm
The AI for guests was painfully meh, though it seemed as though guests had slightly different focuses depending on who they were and their situation, which was neat.

Algus' AI was even a d**k though. I got him defend and instantly regretted it and unequipped it, since he'd just spend the entire battle running near the fight, and then defending instead of helping.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 pm
Psychofish
I really do hope it delivers because... well, FFT just delivers so much that no other games seem to bother with. It's a dark world that isn't just used as an excuse to kill big ugly looking things. There's vicious politics and social upheaval. Hell, the game makes sure that 90% of the characters are damn near impossible to call "a bad guy" or "a good guy" because most of them are either taking up banditry because it's the only way they can feed themselves, doing horrible things for the right reasons, or on the right side for all the wrong reasons.

Among the only characters I could straight up hate wholesale was that dickbag Algus. And he wasn't so much evil as spoiled and bigoted.

Any game that could capture even those kinds of basic aspects of a world that feels interesting and like a world, not like a backdrop for a game, gets my approval. The indepth plot made it even better, much as the original's English translation didn't help it much.
Yeah. Like I said, it's a Misuda thing. In fact, I think TO: LuCT is even more hardcore than FFT. One of the most powerful scenes in the game comes very early, affects the ending and is just pretty ******** up. And the scene is all for 'political maneouvreing'. It's a damn smart move by the dude who organized it, but just ******** up. FFT is a battle between 7 kingdoms allied into 2 sides, TO:LuCT is a battle between 3 sides fighting for control of a shitty piece of island.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games